Cold Case Ch. 01

Story Info
Can Sasha find the key to solving the cold case?
1.6k words
4.08
6.6k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Note from Author**

There will be sexual content in this story, but it won't be for a few chapters, so please just enjoy the read...

*

She ran behind the stadium, "AVA!" she called. Sweat trickled down her face as she searched for her friend. In the distance she could see two figures, "AVA," she called. As she got closer she saw an arm go down and the smaller of the two go limp, "NOOOOO," she screamed. The menacing figure looked in her direction, and she froze. "Oh shit," she said under her breath. Ava's body lay unmoving on the ground at the feet of her killer, "HELP," she yelled. The killer began walking towards her, a long curved dagger in one hand, which sparkled from the giant stadium lights. She tried yelling for help again, but the noise from the homecoming game was too loud. She began running away from the killer, but no matter how fast or far she ran it seemed like the killer was getting closer and closer. She saw some students near her and she screamed for them, her voice was cut short as a hand came down on her shoulder and she was pulled back.

Sasha woke startled from the intense dream that she was having, her face damp. She sat up from her desk and looked around for a towel to dab at her forehead. Finding one behind her, she grabbed it and wiped off the sweat about her face and neck. Looking at the clock on her desk, she sighed and clicked off her computer. "Another late night," she said as she grabbed her notebook from inside the top right drawer. Flipping it open to the next blank page, she began to describe the dream.

Nov 26th, 2008 2:30 AM

Journal Entry:

Again I dreamt about Ava being murdered. We were at the homecoming game, and I couldn't find her. Then a week later her body was found, mutilated and naked by the Sash River, ten miles outside of town. Only a small strand of her hair could be found under her nails. Then suddenly I saw flashes of her being brutalized, I couldn't do anything, I screamed for her, I tried to stop the killer, but I couldn't do anything. It has been so long since I've dreamt like this.

Just then the air around Sasha got cold. Looking over her shoulder she saw a ghostly figure appear and start walking towards her. "Hello Ava," she said, turning her attention back to her journal. Ava's spirit stopped just behind Sasha and she peered over her shoulder.

"Another dream huh," she asked in a wispy voice, taking notice of Sasha's tired face.

"Yes, and more intense this time, I've not dreamt like this in years." Sasha closed the notebook and placed it back in the top drawer, then stood up and walked out of her office and headed for her bedroom. She peeled off her clothes and fell onto her bed, sinking down into the lush comforter. As her eyes shut, she fell into a deep sleep.

*

Derrek slammed his hand down on his alarm clock, silencing the piercing noise that invaded his sleep. Rubbing his eyes, he lifted himself up on his elbows and yawned. "Another fine day," he grumbled, tearing the covers off and flinging his legs over the side of the bed. Stretching his arms he stood up and sleepily walked into the bathroom. After relieving himself, he twisted the shower knobs until they couldn't twist any further. Stripping his boxers off, he tested the water, then climbed into the shower. The scolding water felt soothing over his tight muscles. As he lathered himself, the suds flowed like a river over his chest and abs.

He turned, facing the shower head, the hot water rinsing his body. Running his hand over his body the last of the suds drained into the tub, and he turned to get the shampoo to scrub his dark tresses. Rinsing his hair, he stood there, letting the hot water massage his tense muscles, wakening his body. After a few minutes Derrek turned the water off, grabbed the towel and stepped out of the shower. Dripping onto the bath mat he toweled his hair, and then wrapped it around his waist.

He walked over to the condensation filled mirror, and took his hand, wiping some of it off. "Let's see what kind of trouble we can get into today," he said chuckling to himself, then brushed his teeth and dressed into his typical detective outfit. He wore black slacks, a charcoal colored fly, form fitting shirt, and a pair of his black Armani Patent Leather Loafers. Walking out of his room, he passed the closet, grabbed his favorite Nappalan leather zip front flight jacket and pulled it on, closing the front door with a loud thud. Derrek walked to his black Dodge Charger, unlocked the door, and slide into to the driver seat. Inserting the key, the engine turned over. Derrek pulled the shifter and put the car into reverse. Punching the gas he roared it into drive and speed off to the Hollywood Precinct.

*

Sasha woke, groggy, and padded to her bathroom. She ran the shower, hoping that the hot liquid would sooth her aching muscles. As the water ran down her face and over her shoulders, she sighed. I wish I could solve this mystery, but I don't know what to do anymore, she thought to herself remembering the dream she had the night before. Her heart ached for her best friend Ava and she wished that she could ease the pain. Ever since Ava was murdered, 15 years ago, Sasha has been haunted by her spirit. Sasha was at a point where it seemed like there was nothing else that could be done to find out who had committed the murder, and it saddened her. Her slender physique glistened from the water. She took a luffa and squeezed some body wash on it, then ran it over her defined curves. Placing the luffa back in its cradle she let the hot water rinse off the suds.

After her shower, Sasha wrapped herself in a towel and walked back into her room. She looked at the drawers to her dresser and they slide open. She walked over to them and picked out some clothes to put on. Holding the articles of clothing, she walked away as the drawers slide closed. She dried her dark hair and her body, then put on a pink bra and panties, and then slide into her low-rise skinny jeans. She pulled on a red knitted shirt and walked out of her room and down the hallway. Walking into the kitchen, she opened the fridge; she grabbed a Pepsi, as she closed the fridge door, Ava materialized behind it. Ava smiled as Sasha barely looked at her as she closed the door.

"Hey Ava," Sasha said as she walked into the living room and plopped on the white linen couch. She looked over at the 42" LCD TV and it clicked on. Different images flashed on the screen, until it stopped on a movie channel that featured a movie about alien monsters that hosted in humans then killed them by breaking through their chest. With a flick of her mind, the info menu popped up and she read that it was called Alien. She'd seen it before, many times, but at the moment she didn't care. She was still thinking about the dream she had, and sighed deeply. Suddenly her arms filled up with goose bumps, and a shiver went down her back. "Dang it Ava, could you not do that," she said as the ghost appeared next to her, sitting on the couch.

"Haha, I'm sorry, I just love seeing you shiver, and it's funny." Ava drew back the chill that filled the room, and the temperature went back up to a comfortable 75 degrees. "You still thinking about that dream you had?" Ava said looking at Sasha with worry.

"Yea, I think it's my frustrations coming out in my dream world. I've exhausted all avenues in solving your murder that I think I'm breaking down." Sasha sipped her Pepsi as she thought about her dream and the murder.

"You know you shouldn't tear yourself up so much. You can't do everything all the time, you have to let it come to you. Stop pushing yourself, have some fun, go out." Ava urged, knowing that Sasha was going to worry herself into a state that she wouldn't come back from.

"I know you are right, it's just so frustrating, having a lead her and a lead there, and then the trail going cold. It's been 15 years Ava, 15 years of you in this limbo state, not being able to leave and go see your father in whatever after life there is out there." Sasha put the can of Pepsi on the living room table, and looked at Ava's ghostly figure. Her hair still had a tint of chocolate, but her eyes were almost completely gray. Sasha felt that the more Ava was stuck in this form, more transparent she was going to get.

"I know Sasha, have you finished the DNA Scanner yet, maybe that will help." Ava watched Sasha as she frowned.

"It's almost done, speaking of the scanner; I should get to work, so that I can do the final testing on it." Sasha stood up and walked down the hall to her front door. Grabbing her coat and purse she said good bye to Ava and headed to her car. Putting the car into gear she drove off to the Hollywood Precinct where she worked.