Cold, Cold, Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,712 Followers

Two days later they confessed.

Jules had been Sarah's boyfriend at the time he had committed the robberies. Sarah had let him hide all the merchandise that he had stolen at her parents' house. After Jules was recognized at one of the robberies, she was questioned as to his whereabouts. They had promised not to charge her if she co-operated with the police.

She was young and scared, pregnant with his child and a slew of other problems. Sara had given his location to the police, and they had arrested him soon after.

During his trial she had to testify against him and it was her testimony that put him away for five years. She had a miscarriage after the trial. It was then she tried to put her life together and got a job as a waitress. When she met me she saw a way out of her lifestyle.

My lawyer said that the last thing that Jules said to Sarah after his trial was that he was going to get her and whoever she was with when he got out of prison. Joe had been in the wrong place at the wrong time; Jules and his friend had shown up about an hour after I had left.

I would like to say lady luck saved my life, but then Joe hadn't had much luck. Ron stopped by and asked me to come to the courthouse with him to pick up my permit and handgun. I wasn't sure where I would go from here. I guessed I would just have to take it one day at a time.

When I stepped outside of the court house to hail a taxi to go home, I found Trina standing in front of her car waiting for me. The last verse of the song popped into my head, even without a radio.

Another love before my time made your heart sad and blue

And so my heart is paying now for things I didn't do

In anger unkind words are spoke that make the teardrops start

Why can't I free your doubtful mind, and melt your cold, cold heart?

"Hey good looking, need a ride?"

I smiled at her, got in and was ready to start the next chapter of my life.

*

Thank you for reading my story.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,712 Followers