Coma

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,700 Followers

She put on her PJ's and I had on a pair of shorts. I sat in the easy chair and she sat on the couch with her feet under her. We watched TV but I spent more time looking at her. She really was an angel. She looked, acted and talked like one. I had to wonder why she wasn't with anyone. She was definitely worth keeping.

It was getting late and we headed for bed. Annie said goodnight and I watched her close her bedroom door. I lay on my bed and went to sleep thinking about Annie. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming but I heard that voice singing the song I remember hearing while in the coma.

Forgive me for wanting you so

But one thing I want you to know

I've loved you since heaven knows when

There! I've said it again,

I sat up in bed and thought about the song. I got up and opened my door. About the same time, Annie came out of her bedroom dressed for work. "Oh, hi Justin, I hope I didn't wake you."

"Did you just sing a song while in the shower? You sure smell good."

"Thank You,' she smiled at me. "And yes, I'm always singing. Why? What's the matter? Did it bother you?" asked Annie.

"God, no! It was beautiful. It was the voice and song that I heard singing to me while in the coma. I told the doctor about it but I don't think he believed me. Did you sing that song to me while I was in the coma?"

"Why yes, I sang it quite often. Sometimes I would sing to you and other times read to you."

"What is the name of the song?" I asked.

"There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton. Do you like it?"

"Yes, I love it. Will you sing it for me sometime?"

"Maybe, but not right now, I have to leave for work. I'll see you later at the hospital. Don't forget to call the hospitality bus to pick you up. Also, if you call the guardhouse Roy will drive you to the gate. Take care, ok."

I don't know why I did it but I leaned over and kissed her. I know it surprised her. She turned and went to leave without saying anything.

"Annie," she turned toward me, "I... I'm not sorry I kissed you."

"I'm not either," she said, as she walked out the door.

****

Over the next couple of days, I went to therapy and Tony and I talked. He asked me how it was going with Annie and I told him it was great but there was a little tension. He told me to talk to her and let her know how I felt.

That same day my parents came by and brought me some of my personal items. They said they heard Annie had a nice place. When Annie came in, they hugged and kissed her. Damn, they loved her too. They offered to take us out for dinner and Annie accepted.

They asked Annie about a restaurant and lounge they had seen on the way in. Annie told them it was a local hangout for a lot of the hospital staff and the food was good, so we went there.

My parents said they would be in town just the one night and needed a motel room. They wanted to take me to the dealership the next day so I could order a vehicle to drive and I could talk with some of the people I worked with who were wondering when I was coming back.

Annie insisted that they stay at her place. She said they could have my bed and I could sleep on the couch, which converted into a bed. Dad started to say something but mom interrupted him and said they would stay. It would give us all more time together.

It seemed Annie knew most everyone in the restaurant as they all greeted her. There was a DJ playing some soft music for the patrons. He waved at Annie and she smiled back at him. I felt a bit jealous that everyone was friendly with Annie. When we were about done with our dinner, the DJ made an announcement.

"May I have your attention please? I know this isn't karaoke night but we have with us tonight a three time winner of our monthly karaoke contests. She hasn't been here for a few months so with a little applause maybe we can get her to sing for us. Annie Peterson, come up and sing for us, please!"

The people started clapping and my parents and I joined in. At first, Annie shook her head no, but my dad said he would love to hear her so she went up to the stage. She whispered to the DJ and he got a song ready for her.

"I've been singing this song for awhile now, and it just kind of stuck with me. I would like to dedicate it to a good friend." She looked over at our table when she said it.

The music started and it was the song she had been singing to me. The one she sang in the shower a couple of days ago. 'There I said it again by Bobby Vinton'. I knew she was singing to me.

I love you, there's nothing to hide

It's better than burning inside

I love you, no use to pretend

There! I've said it again

I've said it, what more can I say?

Believe me, there's no other way

I love you, I will 'til the end

There! I've said it again.

She sang with such emotion. I was so happy for her that my eyes were watering. Damn, could she ever sing. There was no doubt, she was the woman I'd heard singing in my dreams.

I couldn't believe what my dad said to me. He knew I was always a playboy and had been with a number of women. It was one of the reasons he didn't want me marrying Julie.

He leaned over and said to me, "Son, if you ever hurt that girl, I swear I'll put you back in the hospital." The thing is, I think he meant it.

Everyone stood and clapped for her and asked for another song. She thanked them and said maybe next week, and came back to the table. My dad told her she was fantastic and I jumped in and agreed with him. Mom told her she had a beautiful voice.

We all went back to the condo and talked awhile. Annie said she had to be up early to go to work. Mom mentioned that they would be taking me to the dealership. She thanked Annie for her hospitality and letting them stay there. I let Annie know that I would see her at the hospital after my exercises.

When I woke up Annie had already left. Mom said she had coffee with her before she left and to tell me she would see me later. I know Mom wanted to give me the third degree about women, but knew I heard it a dozen times by now. "Just be careful Justin, she's a wonderful girl and I know she cares for you, that's all I ask," was all she said to me.

"Mom, between you and me, I really care for her too and there is nothing I would do intentionally to hurt her."

After dad got up, we headed for the dealership. It was nice seeing all the people I worked with. Cindy was the first to give me a hug and I shook hands with most everyone else. I was asked when I was going to return and I told them it would be about two weeks. I would probably start back on half days, but was excited just to come back.

My parents and I went into the office and ordered a new vehicle for me. It would be in the following week. It wasn't a sports car this time but a nice sedan. After saying my goodbyes my parents dropped me off at the hospital. I thanked them for everything and headed into the hospital. The last thing they said was to say bye to Annie for them.

Tony told me I was doing great and it would probably be the last week I would need to come in. He said I should take short walks and do a few daily exercises. He asked me about Annie and I told him we were getting along fine. He said he and Kelly still wanted a double date with us.

He told me he really like Kelly and the sex was great. I had to wonder if Kelly ever told him about her nude day adventure. I have seen Kelly a few times at the hospital but have never really talked to her other than saying hi. I promised Annie I would never mention Kelly's nude day escapades to Tony. It was up to her if she wanted to tell him. It brought my thoughts back to Annie and I wondered about her past. We've never discussed her sexual life, but she was quite aware of mine.

I had lunch with Annie and took the bus back to the house. Two days a week Annie went to classes. She wanted to become a nurse practitioner. I asked her what was the difference between a RN and a Nurse Practitioner, here's what she showed me on a paper.

"A nurse practitioner (NP) is an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) who has completed advanced coursework and clinical education beyond that required of the generalist registered nurse (RN) role. According to the International Council of Nurses, an NP/advanced practice registered nurse is "a registered nurse who has acquired the knowledge base, decision-making skills, and clinical competencies for expanded practice beyond that of an RN, the characteristics of which would be determined by the context in which he or she is credentialed to practice."

I told her I still didn't understand and she said, it was about advanced as she could go without being a doctor. Her parents were doctors, but she wanted more free time and being a nurse gave her that.

I did my best to try to have something made for our dinner on school nights. I knew she was tired from being on her feet all day. After the first week, I convinced her to use her hot tub. Damn, she was built! She had what I would call the perfect figure. The real hourglass shape and that flat sexy tummy.

She always wore a bathing suit even though I told her we could go naked. It always made her laugh. "You'd love that wouldn't you big boy."

We never kissed since the first day when I kissed her. I've tried and she told me, "No, that I was a married man." She knew I applied for a divorce but she still said no. She actually said to try again after my divorce.

I contacted my attorney and he said there was a slight hold up. When I asked him what it was he told me Julie had a lawyer look at the divorce papers and said she should have insisted on seeing the pictures I'd said I had.

My lawyer said without the photos I still had grounds for divorce but I would have to use adultery and it could be a long drawn out process, as much as six months. My dad was holding up my disability checks until after my divorce so Julie couldn't get her hands on it. Money was tight for me right now. I knew I had to talk to Annie.

That evening after she got home we ate dinner and got in the hot tub. I began rubbing her feet and she looked at me and said, "What's wrong Justin?" She could read me like a book.

I'm having a slight problem with my divorce. Julie wants to see pictures before she agrees to a no contest divorce. Is there a chance Kelly would let you borrow her phone for a couple of hours? Maybe you could run off a couple of pictures for me to give the lawyer. I hate asking you, but I can't ask Kelly.

It was a couple of days later and she did get four pictures and enlarged them at work. She handed me the folder and asked again if I was sure I wanted to see them. I told her I didn't have any feelings for Julie other than spite. I looked at the pictures and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I could definitely see her face and she was taking on two guys in the one picture.

Another showed at least six guys around her and it looked like they came on her face and body. She had a smile on her face. In the last picture, she was fucking a black guy and blowing another one.

"I'm sorry you had to see them Justin. There were a lot more but I figured those were enough." I knew I had hate in my eyes. Julie used me and I was too blind to see it. Annie hugged me and comforted me. I kissed her and she said, "Please Justin, I can't do this now. Please wait."

I asked her if we could talk about her past. I told her she knew about mine but I knew little about hers. She told me that she had an older sister who was also a nurse in the Cleveland area. They saw each other a few times a year. She was married to a pharmacist and had two kids of their own.

"Why aren't you going with anyone? I heard you dated some, is there anyone serious?" I asked.

She kind of laughed. "So you want to know about my sexual past. Ok, I'll tell you. I haven't slept around like you and had sex with anyone that moved and a few that didn't. So you know, I'm not a virgin either. I've had a few boyfriends in my past but I was disappointed, when it came to sex."

"What do you mean?" I really wasn't sure what she meant.

"I guess I read too many books and saw movies where I guess I expected stars and fireworks. I know now that sounds stupid, but I expected more than having a dick in me and the guy cumming and telling me how good I was. I didn't even have an orgasm the first two times. I faked it to make the guy feel good.

"I talked to mom and she said, 'that was just sex, not love.' When I find the right person, it would be different, that I would know. Well, I dated a few guys that I liked and it wasn't all that much better. I did come a couple of times but it was over so quickly, I wasn't sure what to do afterwards and then the guys went home."

"What did you expect besides the fireworks?"

"Maybe some cuddling or something. I felt more used than anything. It wasn't bad but it wasn't what I expected either. I could take it or leave it and for now, I choose to leave it."

"We need to get together and maybe it'll be different for both of us. I never did the cuddle thing either, not even with Julie."

"Gee thanks, but I think I'll pass for now," she laughed and told me to ask again after my divorce. "By the way, my mom and dad want me to bring you to their house this Sunday for dinner. Are you up to meeting my parents?" asked Annie. "They said they wanted to meet the guy that I let live with me. They've both seen you in a coma and I think Dad dropped in once while you were sleeping."

"They know I sleep in a separate room don't they? They probably are wondering when I'm going to move out. I'll have a vehicle soon but I don't start back to work till next week."

"Take it easy Justin. They just want to meet you. My parents trust me to do the right thing. You aren't in a hurry to move out are you?"

"God no! I love it here and I love...anyway, I should start looking for a place after I start back to work. Tony said I wouldn't need to come in for rehabilitation, he said I could just walk and do regular exercising. I don't want to be a burden to you after all you've done for me."

"Justin, I really care for you and you're welcome to stay as long as you want to."

"You'd better watch those words, I might hold you to them." I smiled at her but what she probably didn't know is, I definitely meant them."

On Sunday, we went to her parent's house. It was a beautiful place. They had a live in housekeeper. They treated her like family. I was surprised to find out that Mrs. Peterson, Annie's mother was the one who cooked the dinner. Annie told me her mother loved to cook.

As we ate, they asked me a lot of questions. I did my best to answer them honestly. I really had no idea of how much they knew about me. When Mr. Peterson asked about my wife, I almost choked. I explained to him that we were separated and in the process of a divorce.

Mr. Peterson replied, "Good, I didn't like that woman. I met her a number of times and although she was beautiful, she never had your best interests in mind. Pardon me for saying so, but I believe she was a gold-digger."

"Daddy! You shouldn't say that about other people. After all it was Justin's wife."

"I'm sorry if I offended you Justin, but I call them as I see them and I hate it when people take advantage of others," replied Mr. Peterson. I did have to wonder if he might think I was taking advantage of Annie. I hoped not but wasn't sure.

I changed the subject. "I'm picking up my vehicle tomorrow and hoping to start back to work at least part-time this week. I feel great thanks to the hospital staff and especially Annie." Her parents smiled and said that was nice.

After we left her parents home, I asked Annie if they thought I was taking advantage of her. She said they questioned her about how I'm doing and when I would be back on my feet but never pushed the issue. I told her once I receive my back disability payments, that I would help pay for things.

"Justin, I neither want nor need your money. I'm doing this because I really care for you and hope you feel the same."

"I do, but you won't even let me kiss you and I'm willing to make love to you. All you have to do is ask."

"Justin, you're still married whether you like it or not. I know that if we kiss or become even remotely intimate, it won't stop there. As I told you before, we'll see what happens after your divorce."

****

On Monday, I went to the dealership by bus. It was my first day back to work and it didn't take me long to get back in the swing of things. Cindy updated me for over an hour on some new procedures she'd put in place. She said she was honestly happy that I was back. She could now devote more time to her family.

I got my first call from Dad who welcomed me back to work. My lawyer called and said he had given Julie the photos over the weekend and she was really pissed. She really didn't think they existed and wanted to know who took them.

It was late morning when Julie called me and demanded to know who took the pictures. "Listen Bitch!" I said to her. "I don't have to tell you anything, but I will." I made up a story to tell her. I didn't want her to know they came from Kelly.

"One of the guys at your party took them after he fucked your ass. He sent them to me because he hates wives who cheat on their husbands. There are a lot more where those came from. Now sign the damn divorce papers or I'll re-file today using adultery and all the photos of my dear wife."

"Are you going to give me the photos if I sign?" she asked.

"Hell no! Now stop playing games. I'm going to call my lawyer after lunch and see if the papers are signed. If not, you aren't getting a second chance. As I said, I'll go public with the photos. That should do a lot for your dearest Rob and his real estate business."

She started to say something but I hung up on her. Even though I had my door closed, I must have yelled somewhat loud. Cindy gave me the thumbs up sign and smiled at me.

I did call my lawyer a few hours later and he said Julie did come in and signed the papers. He would be taking them to the courthouse that afternoon. I asked him if I would have to go to court and he said I was through with Julie. I wouldn't have to see her again. I asked him about his fee and he told me he would take it out of the seventy-five hundred that Julie had to pay on the credit cards.

I called Annie at work and told her the good news. I told her I wanted to celebrate. She laughed and asked me if I would like to go to the karaoke bar on Saturday with Tony and Kelly. I told her it would be nice and we could talk about it that night.

I left the office a couple of hours early and picked up some Chinese takeout for us for dinner. Annie asked me if I had a problem going out with Tony and Kelly.

"I know Tony's a ladies man and likes you. You told me Kelly is a little on the loose side and I don't want to share you. I wonder if they have other ideas."

"Justin, if I didn't care for you so much I'd be mad at you. Do you really believe I'd sleep around? Yes, Tony is a ladies man, but he really does care for Kelly. As I told you before, Kelly was sexually active. She still is but only with Tony. They're thinking about getting married. What about you and your past? It's a bit wild too." She had a point there.

"Kelly likes Tony so much that she told him about the nude day party she attended. He doesn't know your wife was involved or that you know about Kelly. They are a couple now and said they don't keep secrets from each other. The Karaoke bar as I mentioned is the hangout for many of the hospital workers. I'll even sing a song for you. I promise you that I won't be having sex with Tony or anyone else as long as I'm with you, and not with you till your divorce is final."

We went out with Tony and Kelly to the Karaoke bar and lounge. I use a walking stick but don't really need it most of the time. I drove my new vehicle and Annie and I met Tony and Kelly at the lounge. There were dozens of people there from the hospital and I even recognized a few.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,700 Followers