Coming From Behind Ch. 11-13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,607 Followers

"The portables are gone," she smiled.

"Yes ma'am. And they're not coming back. I hope you noticed that we still have two days left before the deadline."

She laughed. "I told you back after the fire, Terry, that I wouldn't hold you to that commitment."

"I know. But I like to live up to my commitments and this one I'm particularly proud of."

"When's the official opening. I've got to get my ribbon cutting scissors sharpened."

"Next Thursday. We've notified the media and we're expecting a pretty good turnout."

"I'll be here. Now ... let's tour the inside," she said.

I invited John Fortrand to lunch on Friday and he was pleased to see the new facilities. He had been part of the special two days we held for the re-opening of the course and had played with the media group. I had also invited John Bryson of the county fire service, but he was unable to make it. I suggested we get together when the opportunity arose for him and he agreed.

Catherine was by my side for every event we had prior to the grand re-opening. We were attached at the hip as all our plans and dreams were coming to fruition. It had started as a long-shot chance and ended up as something I was immensely proud of. I was now the principal owner of a golf course, something I would never have expected. I had a new partner too, one that would last a lifetime. We would work together each day as a team. I don't think I could have conceived of a better result than this.

Delores cut the ribbon and the flashes and camera lights lit the front of the clubhouse up on an overcast day in Gresham. But to me and my partner, the sun was shining and everything was exactly as it should be.

I'd ordered some champagne to celebrate the official ceremony and our catering staff was pouring and offering each of the attendees a glass.

Catherine and I were standing together with my arm around her when they got to us with the tray. I took one and handed it to Catherine, then took one for myself. I held mine up to her and she joined me with a lovely smile.

"To us and Bending Willows," I said quietly.

"To us," she echoed before putting the glass down.

"You're not going to celebrate?" I asked, surprised.

"I don't think I should," she said, still smiling.

"Why?"

"I'm pregnant." She said it so calmly, maintaining that lovely smile.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Perfect!" I couldn't think of another thing that needed to be said.

END

This story was edited by ErikThread and DaveT with my thanks for their excellent efforts. Any errors are mine alone. It was posted some time ago on another site.

coaster2
coaster2
2,607 Followers