Coming Full Circle Ch. 01

Story Info
Charile finds Ilene with his boss.
12.1k words
4.48
267.3k
94
89

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 01/05/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thecelt
thecelt
2,512 Followers

Thanks to angel-love for her help in editing Parts 1 & 2.

As I wrote this story, I kept looking for a place to break it into two or three parts. It didn't seem to work so here is approximately half of the story. Part 2 is right behind. Remember, the mind can only accept what the seat can endure, so you might want to read this in two or three settings.

For those of you who want a hang em' ending, sorry. For those of you who want a happy ending, maybe. For the rest of you, please enjoy.

As I sat there in the dark family room wondering what the hell had gone wrong, I tried to bring myself back to the matter at hand. It was clear to me now that my wife was cheating on me big time and apparently had been for some time. I didn't know who she was doing or for how long, but I was sure of what she was doing. I only had to figure out how to find out the who and the where.

My name is Charles Sonders. I am 48 years old and my wife Ilene is 45. She and I have been married for 18 years just last month. We have a wonderful son Anthony who is 20 and away at college. We had adopted after finding that Ilene was unable to have children. We tried AI but after two attempts gave up. It was Ilene's idea to adopt and I quickly agreed. We went the private route and when we saw Anthony, it was love at first sight. He had some medical problems but with our love and care, he developed into a magnificent young man. He was 4 years old when we adopted him so that explains his age.

I had no idea why Ilene would be cheating on me. We had a wonderful life and our sex life was frequent and quite satisfying, at least to me. She had never once indicated through actions or words that she was unhappy about anything. We both worked, but only because we chose to. I had a good job and she could stay home but she was happy in her job with an Advertising firm. She was an account executive and also did quite well. Our combined income was in the mid 6 figures.

I worked for a Media Consulting firm that handled large corporate accounts. I was in charge of the department that put together media presentations: we made small to medium length documentaries about the clients' business or products. My department consisted of me as Director and 7 artists in all of the necessary mediums. I reported to the VP of Media Development, Peter Atkins. I was 10 years older than he and I often resented reporting to someone younger and less experienced then I but that was whom management picked. I had little choice but to make do.

I had just last week returned from a scheduled trip to Minnesota to meet with the Marketing Manager of a medium sized Consumer Products Company that wanted to do some short films to use in training their sales people. We discussed the concepts and I and two of my specialists traveled to their plant to make preliminary notes and take some films of the operations for later editing. We had all we needed to begin work, but for some reason, Peter wanted me to personally fly out to meet with them again to firm up the contracts and to put together an outline of our plans. I didn't know what I could do that hadn't already been done, but he was the boss.

I made arrangements to meet with them on Tuesday morning at their plant. I would fly out Monday afternoon and return here to Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday afternoon. I would be gone for two nights and two days of wasted time as far as I was concerned. I went to the airport Monday as planned but while waiting for the plane I received a call on my cell. It was Aaron Parks, the Marketing Manager I was supposed to meet. He filled me in.

"Charles, I'm so glad I caught you. You haven't left yet?

"No Aaron, my plane doesn't leave for another 45 minutes. We haven't started boarding yet."

"Great! Can you cancel this trip? I have to make a presentation to the board of director's tomorrow afternoon and I won't have time to meet with you at all. I don't want to put you off onto someone else."

"That's no problem Aaron. I'm only coming at my boss's request. I don't think we need to meet at all so this is no big deal for me."

"I couldn't agree more. Let's cancel and delay any reschedule. How's that sound to you?"

"Great. Consider it done and good luck on your presentation."

This was really a break. I hadn't been looking forward to this trip at all. I wondered if I should call Ilene, but remembered that she said she would be in meetings all day today. I would just see her at home this evening.

I decided to call a cab since Ilene would probably be late coming home. I never drove to the airport since parking was such a hassle. The company paid for a cab, just no limos. I could be home by 4:30 and could relax before she got home. Maybe I would call for a pizza so she wouldn't have to cook. Since I was to be gone, she probably hadn't planned anything anyway.

I got the cab and was home in no time. I took my suitcase up to the bedroom and unpacked my clothes. I put the suitcase away and went back downstairs to get myself a beer. This was the life. I called for a pizza to be delivered at 6:30, which would be just about right if Ilene was a little late. All was right with the world.

By 7:00 Ilene was still not home so I decided to call her work number to see if she was still there. I called but got no answer. Her voice mail didn't have any message so I called her cell.

"Hello?" She answered on the forth ring.

"Hi, honey, it's me. Where are you? I called your office and you didn't pick up."

"I'm here at home you nut. Where did you think I would be? Did your flight get in on time?"

Now, wait a minute! Here at home? I was here at home and she wasn't. Did my dear wife just lie to me? All of this hit me in just the time it took to come back with a smooth reply.

"Yea, everything went off as planned. I wasn't sure where you would be and I called the home phone but you didn't answer. I thought maybe you were still at work." Let's see how she fields this one.

"I must have been out on the back porch. I took a beer and sat down on the glider to try to unwind from this whole day. I am exhausted."

"Guess so. Well I won't keep you but I will try to call later tonight if you want me to." I could guess this answer.

"No, it's probably best if you didn't. I think I will just go to bed early and try to catch up on my sleep before you get back home. We can have some fun time Wednesday night." Boy, she was good. Planning to fuck someone now and me later.

"OK. You have fun but don't do anything I wouldn't do and I'll see you Wednesday." I hung up with that cryptic comment. It would be interesting to see if she caught it.

Since she had lied to me about being here at home and didn't want me to call later tonight, it's a safe bet that she had plans on spending the night with someone. I needed a plan. I had to know who she was with and what I could do about it. I thought for a while and finally came up with at least an idea.

She would probably go to work tomorrow since she knows I would call her there sometimes when I traveled, so I could probably wait close to where she parks her car and then follow her. If she leaves at noon, she would be going to meet him since she usually takes her lunch. She likes to stay in at noon and just relax before the grueling schedule typical of her afternoons. If she stays in, I could probably relax until quitting time. Then she may go home first and then to meet him or just go directly to see him. Either way, I would be ready. Now I had a plan!

I went up to bed and tried to sleep, but all I could do was picture my wife with another man. I imagined all sorts of scenarios, most of which were probably far more than most men could even accomplish. I guess I watch too much porn. She was a wonderful lover and I always tried to please her in several different ways. I wondered if she asked him to do the same things to her that I did.

This type of thinking was not going to get me to sleep. I finally got up and got one of her sleeping pills out of the medicine cabinet. That finally put me to sleep for about 4 hours. I finally gave up at about 6:30 and went downstairs to fix myself a big breakfast. I may not be able to find time to eat today. As I ate, I wondered what I could do once I discovered whom she was screwing. Well, time would tell.

I called a local rent a car agency and booked a car for the next two days. I didn't want to be driving mine since someone might recognize it and say something. I had someone come pick me up so I could leave my car in the garage where it was supposed to be. That way, if she came home she would not notice anything wrong.

At just after 9:30 that morning, I drove into the lot near her office where she parked her car. Sure enough, it was there. I thought a call might be in order so I called her office number. She answered right away.

"Hi, honey, it's just me. I was on my way into the meeting but I wanted to hear your voice so that I would have something pleasant to help me make it through a totally boring day." No reason to give her cause to be suspicious.

""Glad you called. I missed you last night. I can't wait for you to get back tomorrow. We'll have to do something special." God, she made me sick to my stomach.

"I'm looking forward to it. What are your plans tonight? Got a hot date?" Let's see what she says.

"I've got a hot one all lined up just to help me out while you are gone. He's young and good looking and will probably be able to go all night. Aren't you jealous?" She was probably telling me the truth!

"I'm never jealous of you. I know that you would never cheat on our marriage or me. I love you too much to believe you could ever do anything like that." Take that you cheating bitch!

There was just the slightest of pauses before she said, "I love you too sweetie. Just come home to me as soon as you can." I noticed that there was no agreement to my statement. So there was a limit to how much she could lie and still be comfortable. Looks like I found that limit.

"OK, babe. I'll be home before you know it." That was also very true.

I left the lot and went home for a couple of hours. I wanted to get everything at home back the way it was before I came back. That way, if she came home first after work she would not know I had been there. That was essential if I was to find out where she was going and whom she was going to be with.

At noon, Ilene didn't come out so she was staying in as usual. This part was good since she wasn't going to be doing him during the day. I wondered if she would leave early and decided that she probably wouldn't. I left again and got myself a good lunch. I had a couple of beers since I was not going to be driving for a while. As I thought over the next few hours, I decided to pack a bag with enough to last me for two or three days just in case. By 3:30, I was back in place and waiting for her to come out. Her normal quitting time was 4:30.

Right on schedule, Ilene left the building with some of her coworkers. They talked for a couple of minutes and then she got into her car and pulled out. I watched, as she turned left as she exited the lot. That could mean she was going home first. I followed at a good distance even though I had a car that she didn't recognize.

Sure enough, she drove home and pulled in to the driveway. She left the car in the drive: that meant she was going out again. I turned around and parked down the block and waited. She would have to come past me to exit our little subdivision.

It was only about 20 minutes later that I saw her come out of the house with a small overnight bag and a dress carrier. She put that in the car and backed out of the drive. I watched as she came toward me. I ducked down while she passed and then pulled out behind her. This time I remained close so I wouldn't lose her. It was too important that I find out where she went. She never noticed me as she drove out of our subdivision and turned onto the main street going downtown.

I followed her to the downtown Marriott Courtyard hotel. She pulled in and let a valet take her car. I did the same and followed her in. I waited until she was inside and I remained just outside the glass doors where I could see her. She never slowed down but went directly to the elevators. I waited until she entered the elevator and the doors closed. I went in and watched to see which floor the elevator stopped at. It was the 6th.

Now, if she was early, then I would just wait to see if anyone I recognized came in. If not, I had a long night ahead of me. I stood behind a potted plant and pretended to watch the TV. It was only about 10 minutes later that I got the shock of my life. I watched my boss Peter Atkins walk into the lobby and, like my wife, walk directly to the elevator. As he went up, I watched again and sure enough, the 6th floor.

I just went over to the nearest chair and collapsed into it. Peter Atkins was sending me on these stupid trips so that he and my wife could get it on! How stupid could I be? It was right there in front of me all the time. Peter had met my wife at the dinner parties we all attended. He seemed to be very attentive to her, but I just put it down to him being a smooth operator. I never expected that Ilene would be so dumb as to fall for it. I guess the fact that he was much younger and very smooth and good looking was all it took. She was not the Ilene that I thought I knew.

I sat there in that lobby and fought to control my temper. I had to be smart about this and I sat there furiously thinking of what I could do. I couldn't let this go. I was not one to allow my wife to fuck another man without trying to stop it. Suddenly, I had a thought. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone! Yes! The more I thought about it, the better I liked it.

I went over to the house phone and picked it up. I asked the operator to connect me to Mr. Peter Atkins' room. She said that she could do that. While I waited for the phone to ring, I attached the phone tap on the small portable recorder that I always carried to the receiver. It would record both ends of the conversation. Peter finally answered.

"Hello. Who the hell is this? This is a private room." Peter was probably pissed that he had to stop in the middle of a good fuck.

"Hello Peter. This is Charlie. How are you doing? Is everything OK there?" Let's play a little game.

"Charlie? What the hell are you calling me here for? How did you get this number? I am with a client and we are in a meeting so I can't talk right now." Oh, boy were these two good!

"Before you hang up, Peter, please let me talk to my wife." His move.

"What, what do you mean talk to your wife? Your wife isn't here." He wasn't able to control the hesitation before he finally said that and he couldn't stop the sudden intake of breath when I mentioned Ilene. I heard a loud gasp in the background.

"OK, then please give her a message from me. Tell her if she won't talk to me right now, not to bother coming home. I don't ever want to see her again." I waited for what seemed like forever while they argued back and forth before she finally came on the phone.

"Charlie, this isn't what you think. You have to let me explain. Please, honey, wait for me at home. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"I don't think I'll wait while you finish fucking Peter again. I won't be home when you finally get there. And by the way, I never left town. I was sitting in our bedroom last night when you told me you were home. That's the bad thing about cheating: you get caught by your own lies." I hung up the phone before she could say anything. I had done what I needed to do. I didn't think they would be in the mood for any more playing.

I left the lobby and got my car from the valet. While I waited my cell phone rang. I glanced to the caller ID and it was Ilene's cell. I turned the phone off. I drove down the street to the Radisson and took a room for the next three nights and charged it to my company. I went up to the room and broke open the minibar. I poured myself a stiff drink and called information. I got the number for Peter Atkins and put in a call to Peter's wife, Sharon. I knew Sharon fairly well from the same parties where Peter met my wife. She was a delightful, petite blond and very pretty. I enjoyed her company but was not looking forward to this call.

She answered and I told her who I was. "Hi Charlie. Pete isn't here you know. He had a trip that he had to make and he won't be back till Wednesday morning."

"I don't think Peter is where you think he is Sharon. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but he is with my wife at the Marriott Courtyard on Broad Street. They were together last night and were planning on spending tonight there as well. I called Peter in his room and I think I screwed up their plans. I used a threat to have Ilene come to the phone. She came on and I told her that I wouldn't be home tonight. I checked in here for the night at the Radisson."

"Charlie, are you sure about this? I can't believe Pete would do something like that to me." She was almost crying and I could hear the pain in her voice.

"You can check by calling his room at the Marriott. Just ask to be connected to Mr. Atkins' room. I don't think he told you he would be here in town did he?"

"No, he said he would be out of town for two nights. Let me check and then call you back. Will you wait for me?" She had to check and I didn't blame her.

"Sure, I'll be here." I gave her the number and hung up. I had another call to make but it would have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Sharon didn't call back and I waited for over an hour. I had just about given up when the phone rang. I answered and it was Sharon.

"I called the hotel as you suggested and he was registered there. He answered the phone with a really nasty voice and I just hung up. I had all I needed." She sounded quite calm.

"Can I come up?" Whoa! Was she in the lobby? Now this was interesting.

"Absolutely. I'm in room 214. I'll be the cuckold husband." I might as well get used to saying it.

I answered the door just a few minutes later and there she was. I had forgotten how cute she was. Her hair was a golden blond and cut just to her shoulders. She had a beautiful tan, probably from their pool, and her figure was just short of perfect. Her breasts must be C cups and her waist was tiny. She was dressed in a very short skirt and a very tight sweater. Overall she was a knockout!

"Sorry Charlie." She actually giggled when she said that, referring to the tuna commercial. I asked her in, smiling for the first time in two days.

"God, I had forgotten how beautiful you are. I don't understand your husband. How could he cheat on someone who looks like you?" I didn't think flattery was going to be a bad thing under the circumstances. We both had ego problems right now because of our spouses.

"Same to you Charlie. You are a good-looking man and your wife is nuts. Unless Pete does something special for her, she is going to be very, very disappointed. I bet you don't disappoint her." She was up to something and I thought I knew what it was. I decided to play the game.

"I don't think I can honestly say that Ilene was ever disappointed with me. I can't say why she decided to cheat but Peter will have his hands full trying to upstage me." I smiled to show that I was not being entirely serious.

"You may just have to prove that to me." Her smile was having an effect on me, one that I wasn't prepared for.

"I would be very glad to show you what I mean if you are serious. Maybe you want to think about that first?"

"Seriously, I am not going home tonight to that asshole. He can worry about where I am and what I am doing. I assume that you are staying here for a few days?"

"I have this room for the next three nights. I don't intend to let Ilene know where I am and I am not going to return her calls. I don't know what I am going to do past that."

thecelt
thecelt
2,512 Followers