Coming of Age and Coming Out Ch. 02

Story Info
Cathy and Tammy tell their friends they are lesbians.
1.4k words
4.14
6.4k
2
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/28/2022
Created 08/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JSMILWI
JSMILWI
4 Followers

Part 2

3 WEEKS LATER

Cathy was depressed, over the past three weeks; it had been hard getting through the day knowing her family was gone. She was sure her parents told her brother by now, but they were gone forever.

Her parents sent the pastor of their church over with everything her parents had of growing up, pictures, childhood mementos, everything. The pastor even sat with her for over an hour telling her the evils of being a lesbian and how Tammy and she would burn in hell.

Cathy's depression was not only affecting her friendships, it was also affecting her job. Tammy was very helpful; she tried to cheer her up every time she was depressed. She always did something special for her, weather it was a little note left for her on her pillow, or a nice little text message sent to her during day, it always put a smile on Cathy's face

Tammy was good at comforting Cathy. She was as upset with Cathy's parents as Cathy was. Even though Cathy was still hurting, they both decided to tell their friends.

They talked for a week about what would be the best way to do it. Tammy was cleaning up the dishes from dinner when it struck her, she looked at Cathy and said, "Why don't we throw a party and tell them all at the same time."

Cathy looked at her and thought about it, she smiled and said, "That would be a great idea, I am just scared that they will have problems with them."

Tammy hugged her and comforted her, she ran her fingers through her hair and said, I know baby, and you know some of them will have a problem, but I think most will. We should really let the people we work with know as well. I am sick of these entire secrets baby.'

Cathy smelled the perfume on Tammy's neck and whispered in her ear, "I know baby, so am I. I love you so much for all that you done for me. I know I am probably better off without my parents, since they are so closed minded. We need to have the party soon."

Tammy smiled, she too Cathy's hand and started to led her out of the kitchen as she said, "How the weekend after next, it will give us plenty of time to plan and tell everybody."

As Tammy led Cathy through the living room, she replied, "Great, let's invite everybody," she looked at her and asked, "What are you doing?"

Tammy smiled and said, "Tomorrow we will start calling everybody and making the plans for the party, right now, I am taking you upstairs and I am going to cheer you up."

Tammy winked at her and led Cathy upstairs. The next day Tammy and Cathy got home work quickly and they both got started on the plans and calling all their friends.

Time passed very quickly, some of their friends couldn't make, but most of them said they would be there. Cathy was nervous, she had fears from what happened with her parents would happen again, but she knew Tammy would be there for her this time.

--------------------------------------------

The morning of the party finally came; Cathy and Tammy were busy with the last minute preparations. With about an hour to spare, Cathy and Tammy finished everything.

Cathy sat down and was so nervous, her hands were shaking. Tammy walked over to her and held both of her hands and said, "I am here, I am not going anywhere. Don't worry about anyone who can't handle the news. We are going to make it together."

Cathy smiled and her hands stopped shaking. They made their final checks, the snacks were ready, the drinks cold, and the music ready. The party they planned was more of like a social gathering than a party.

Cathy jumped when the doorbell rang and Tammy opened the door and saw a female friend of theirs standing in the doorway. Over the next few hours, more of their friends came over.

It was a few hours into the party and everybody was having a good time. Everybody wondered why they were having the party, Cathy and Tammy never did this, but it wasn't long before they found out.

Cathy and Tammy were in the laundry room talking, Tammy had Cathy pinned against the wall just talking, Tammy said, "Are you ready for this? I think they have enough drinks in them to soften the blow."

Cathy laughed softly and said, "No, I am not ready, but let's get this over with before I change my mind."

Tammy smiled and replied, "I see you're still a little nervous, so am I, but there is one last thing I need to do."

Cathy smiled and blushed a little, "You don't look nervous, you look so calm. What do you need to do?"

Tammy put her arms around Cathy's neck and said as she kissed her, "This." Tammy passionately kissed her and held it for a couple of minutes.

Tammy broke the kiss and they went back to the party holding hands. They walked over to where the music was and both of them took a deep breath.

Cathy turned off the music as Tammy got everybody's attention. Everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at them. They got a little more nervous as all the eyes were on them.

Cathy stood a little behind Tammy who was holding her hand tightly as she said, "I know everybody here is a good friend of me, Cathy or the both of us."

Tammy took a deep breath and continued, "We have a secret we have been keeping for two years now. Cathy and I are lesbians, and we are living together as lovers, not just friends.'

Cathy could feel Tammy's tight grip on her hand, it felt like she was crushing it. The room was silent, and finally, the moment they were waiting for.

Most of the room broke out in cheers, almost all of their friends were happy for the both of them, one person shouted, "When is the wedding?" Another shouted out, "Kiss her."

Tammy let go of Cathy's hand, they stood there facing each other as Tammy was blushing and looking at the crowd. A couple of their guy friends tried to start a chant by repeating, "Do it."

Tammy looked at Cathy, they were both blushing, and finally Cathy smiled and nodded her head up and down giving Tammy permission.

Tammy grabbed Cathy's head with both hands and kissed her passionately, as most of the crowd cheered, but this was the easy part. Not everybody was happy with them and accepted this.

Their smiles turned to anger when a few of their friends spoke up. The festive mood changed when they yelled out things like, "Fags, go to hell all of you," and other colorful language to that was mean and nasty.

Cathy wanted to cry, she was so upset, and it reminded her of what her parents said when she told them. Tammy quickly tried to calm her down as a few of her good friends tried to get the rude people to leave.

After the troublemakers left, they started the music up again, but the festive mood was broken and couldn't get restarted. Several of their accepting friends took them off to the side privately and offered their support.

Some of them even confessed they were either bisexual or lesbian, which surprised them, a couple of them they would never have guessed they were in the lifestyle.

After the party, after everybody left, Cathy and Tammy started cleaning up. Cathy admitted it went better than she expected, but was disappointed about how the jerks reacted.

They decided to wait until the next day to finish cleaning; Tammy called her parents to tell them how the party wet. They were disappointed as well about the jerks who had to destroy the mood, they talked to Cathy and helped cheered her up and promised the next they come for dinner, she will be very happy.

Cathy and Tammy settled into bed after a long rough day and night. As Cathy held Tammy close and tight in bed, she whispered in Tammy's ear, "I love you so much baby."

Tammy smiled and responded, "I know baby, and I love you so much too." They both fell asleep smiling and happy to be together.

~~To Be Continued~~

JSMILWI
JSMILWI
4 Followers