Coming of Age Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So... what will you call your swords." Amy asked which caused the three to stop and think, they knew they had to choose names that had nothing to do with their true names, with their mother it had be easy, she had called it a monster when she first saw it, for them it would be a little harder.

"Come up with names you can live with, strong names." Gabrielle prompted.

Amy took a deep breath and stood, "Well I think Rayven's nerves are stretched to the extreme, time to fight."

"I told her to relax, that it wouldn't happen until after lunch, that you wanted her to study the fighting styles of your children because you had trained them all or at least had a hand in their training." Thais explained as they all started to move back to the gym.

Sky ran forward with Nhor, "Did I miss it?"

"No." Serenity replied, "Ma generally prefers to fight after lunch, most of the stronger warriors do."

"Excellent!" Sky exclaimed while Nhor followed with an amused smile.

"I get the excitement around a fight, but for your family it is almost religious." Nhor stated.

"We are all strong warriors, and we all enjoy a good fight, and for us, the best fights are against our own kin." Temperance explained, "mainly because we can't kill each other." She added as an afterthought.

"There have been some good Monty Python moments." Thais said with a chuckle as he remembered watching arms getting accidently cut off, even a head, and Ghan had even been eviscerated once, but they didn't need to know specifics.

They all made it to the gym and quickly raced to their seats, Destiny was beside Rayven giving her a few words of advice before the fight started and trying to get her to relax. Amy grinned as Wolfgang scooped her up into his arms and gave her a long passionate kiss which caused people to laugh, wolf whistle and do cat calls.

"GET A ROOM!" Terri called and got more laughter.

"Hey I thought we were meant to fight not F-," Sage started to say but the rest of her sentence was cut off when Anna slapped the back of her head. "Ow."

"Mind your language," Anna told her firmly.

"Yes Anna," Sage replied as she rubbed the back of her head.

Wolfgang finally released Amy and gave her a playful whack on her behind as she made her way to the fighting ring. Amy turned and glared at her mate for a moment before she started to stretch. Rayven seeing what Amy was up to started to copy her and stretch in the way she had been trained.

Amy bounced when she was done and shook out her muscles, "Okay... how do you want to do this? Hand or weapon?"

"You're letting me decide how we fight?" Rayven asked a little surprised as generally the person who issued the challenge decided how they would fight.

Amy grinned, "either one it makes no difference."

That had Rayven's guard up, the way Amy had said that sentence made Rayven believe that Amy truly had no qualms about how she fought. Which meant she was as confident with weapons as she was with her hands, or that could just be a bluff, however, Amy didn't feel like a bluffer to her. Which left her with a choice, weapon or hand, either way she knew Amy would be more than able.

It was just a question as to how badly did she want to get hurt, did she want to be bruised with a few broken bones or did she want to be hurt further and have to be put back together again. The answer was no, she did not want to be hacked at by Amy. "Hands," she declared and got a cheer.

Amy nodded as Vivian walked out, she generally was the referee for the fights in this house.

"Have I missed it?" Ash asked Electra as he sat next to her.

"Nope... just about to start," Electra replied.

"Alright, rules for immortal battle will be in effect." Vivian declared.

"Better explain them to her as this is a first for her, immortal on immortal battle." Amy stated.

Vivian nodded and began, "Alright then, immortal battle rules are simple, incapacitate your opponent to the point they cannot fight, or fight to the point of a yield. Do you understand these rules?"

Rayven nodded, "fight to disable or fight to yield."

Vivian gave her an encouraging smile before stepping back to give the two fighters room to move. Since this was immortal battle the normal rules weren't in play, eye gouging, groin hits and normal dirty tactics were allowed simply because it took a heap to down an immortal.

Rayven took the stance that best suited her style while Amy remained as she was completely relaxed. She frowned as she watched Amy, it wasn't a stance she was aware of.

Crystal shook her head, Don't let her relaxed state fool you, she told her friend. You think you're fast? Think again, your vampire speed, she can match it. Lightning fast and with no dominant side, she is a foe you need to be careful of.

Rayven finally made her move although it was still a cautious move. Amy was suddenly not where Rayven expected her to be and just as suddenly Rayven felt her legs fly out from under her. She landed with a painful thump.

"Come now Rayven I thought you were fast," Amy taunted a little as she stepped back to let Rayven rise.

With a huff Rayven got to her feet, if that had happened during her training she would have been beaten.

I told you she was fast... now... show her what Tamor taught you, be the Death Walker who is second to me. Crystal goaded.

Rayven focused, letting her beast rise to the surface.

Amy smiled; finally... this should be enlightening.

Rayven moved in a sudden burst of speed, coming in close for combat, Amy side stepped her and went to kick Rayven's legs out again. But Rayven was already moving out of the way and going into a spinning kick. Amy caught her leg and smashed her fist into Rayven's thigh then quick as lightning threw Rayven down.

Rayven was back on her feet but tried to keep her weight off her leg, it should be healed in a few moments but that was all that Amy would need to kick her arse. Amy however didn't take advantage of Rayven's injured leg but backed away to let Rayven heal.

I told you, she is not out to humiliate you. Thais told her silently.

Any hints on how to win? Rayven asked but she didn't expect and answer.

Speed will not help you, nor brute strength; your mind is your greatest weapon. Amy told her.

Everyone... get out of my head! Rayven demanded before she again started to advance but in the back of her mind Amy's words had taken root, speed and strength would not help her, she had to try to out think Amy in this fight.

Again and again Rayven attacked, varying each attack looking for a weakness in Amy's defence and if she just so happened to find one and land a hit she knew it was because of two factors, the first being Amy had let her and second sheer dumb luck. Amy was a natural warrior, she hadn't spent hours, days, months, years or decades learning her craft, for her it was as instinctive as breathing and blinking; something she didn't need to consciously think about.

Rayven panted gently as her latest attack had been thwarted and she was now pinned to Amy's chest with her own crossed arms to keep control of her.

"I think we've seen enough." Amy told her before releasing her. There was sudden applause by those whose eyes could follow the fast and complicated moves that the two women had used.

Rayven turned to Amy a little confused, was the fight over? But Amy had not made her submit. "It's over?" she questioned.

"Yep... no need for more, you are at least a Beta rank enforcer but that is not my decision to make, that lies solely in the hands of the head enforcers." Amy gestured first to Ash and then to Sammy who was being cradled gently by Drifter, his hands rested protectively held over her rounded stomach.

Wolfgang walked down and clapped Rayven on the shoulder and gripped it tightly. "No one expected you to beat an Alpha, let alone Amy. But you did good."

Thais skipped up to his friend and wrapped an arm around her, "told you, she wasn't out to humiliate you."

Crystal grinned as she joined them, "So... what did you learn from that?"

Rayven considered the question for a moment, "that I still have much to learn when it comes to fighting."

****

Wolfgang watched his family the next night, just as they sat to celebrate the bonding of his daughters to their respective mates. The family was loud with good natured teasing and conversation. His eyes came to rest on Temperance who was feeding Bastion something, he was still trying to wrap his mind around the fact that the man who had basically helped raise him was now his son in law. Amy leant into his body and rubbed her cheek against his arm. For a hastily brought together ceremony it had been just as beautiful as some of the well planned matings.

Wolfgang turned and kissed her forehead, now with those two mated off that leaves Sage, Ash and Thais...

Amy snorted, I pity Sage's mate... he or she is going to be in for a rough ride.

Wolfgang tried not to laugh as he agreed with his mate, Sage's nature would drive anyone up the wall if they couldn't cope with it. Wolfgang stood and charged his glass, "to the new couples, may they laugh, love and fight each other for the rest of time."

Everyone seconded their view and some even chuckled at the fight part of Wolfgang's comment as they knew Temperance and Bastion would fight as they were both stubborn people, although they knew that eventually Temperance's impulsive nature would rub off a little on Bastion and his carefulness would rub off on her. But no one knew how Serenity and Crystal would develop.

Wolfgang sat and watched as yet another feast started to get devoured. Sky reached out for bread, Sage tried to beat her but Sky got there first. Sage pulled a face at her, "pass the bread please." She asked.

Sky got her bread and handed the bread to Sage, Sage caught her wrist and gently turned her arm over to look at the new bit of work on her forearm which had been steadily growing as Nhor added a little bit each day. "So that is a Centaur adoption tattoo... looks cool."

Sky nodded, it really did look cool, it wasn't even red or anything, it looked like it was weeks old not a day. She frowned as something shifted beneath Sage's skin. Sky caught Sage's hand and turned it over, Sky blinked looking at blank skin, but still seeing something beneath her skin, wondering if she was going mad.

"Don't be afraid," Nhor said as he rested a hand on Sky's back, "I see it too. There is a tattoo under her skin begging to come forward. I didn't think my talent would pass on to you."

"Because generally female centaurs don't do body art." Sky replied.

Nhor smiled and nodded, he turned his attention to Sage, "after dinner come to my room and I'll bring it forward."

"Excellent!"

Nhor turned to Sky, "and we'll start your apprenticeship."

Thais stood tapping his glass to get everyone's attention, the room went silent, "I already know my sisters and their mates will be happy together so I have no need to give them advice only congratulations. I would also like to congratulate Alanna and Tarval."

"On what?" Ash asked a little confused.

"They're pregnant!" Thais answered.

The room was silent for all of a moment before people clapped and congratulated the couple. People stood to hug Alanna or shake hands with Tarval. Dominic and Michelle were the exception, they hugged Tarval with joy.

"You could have told them privately and let them declare it." Amy said to her son after she hugged Alanna.

"I thought about it but she wouldn't have declared it, she would have waited until she knew for sure, this was the perfect time to inform the family." Thais explained.

Amy hugged him, "And when are you, Sage and Ash going to find your mates."

"Ash has a couple hundred years to wait, I'm not so sure about myself and Sage, let's just say it won't be too much longer for her... I pity the... man."

"Why hesitate?" Amy asked.

"He isn't human, Were or Other... I can see his face... but I cannot make out his race." Thais answered.

"Before Gwynt comes of age or after?" Amy asked.

"Sage will meet him just after Alanna gives birth." He answered.

"Good, she needs a calming influence in her mind." Amy responded before she turned and was scooped up by Wolfgang who kissed her deeply.

****

Temperance woke with a groan and glanced around, they had returned to school the morning after Thais's declaration, they had assignments to finish and mid-year finals to study for. Bastion was still fast asleep which caused her to smile, yep... she wore him out. She crawled out of bed and into the shower, she wasn't alone for long before Bastion joined her, his lips seeking out his bite as he wrapped her up in his arms with his chest pressed to her back.

"My little monster..." he said into her ear before turning her head and kissing her deeply. With a groan she melted into his body as his hands roamed over her. She tried to turn but he growled and pressed her forward until she was pressed into the slightly warm tiles.

"Are you ever going to let me live down my childhood?" Temperance asked even as she felt warmth spread throughout her body.

"You don't like being my little Monster?" He asked as his hand found her warm moist core, "evidence suggests otherwise." Turning his head he bit her ear as he lifted her a little, letting his member slide between her folds. She groaned and rubbed herself against his cock, needing it within her. "Play with your nipples," he demanded.

Temperance didn't question him she just started to play with her nipples, tweaking them until they were almost diamond hard. Bastion watched and got even harder watching her enjoy playing with herself for him. He lifted her just a little higher and slid all the way home on his first thrust. Temperance growled a little at the sudden intrusion and turned the taps off so as not to waste water.

She pressed her hands against the tiles to brace herself.

"You are meant to be playing with your nipples." He said telling her off a little even as he pumped into her.

"I can't brace myself if I am playing with my nipples." She complained.

He pulled her tight to his body and pushed the glass screen away, striding into the room he lowered them both to the thick rug next to their bed, managing to do it without leaving her body. With gentle force he got her on her hands and knees, she glanced back over her shoulder and watched as he fought for control, her cat was eager to experience their mate. She asked the cat to share and the cat agreed, they started to shift into their hybrid form. Bastion hesitated for a moment but quickly joined her in his own hybrid form.

I am happy I don't have early classes today, she told her mate before losing herself in the pleasure building between them.

***

Serenity woke when she felt a gentle tug on her new collar, "Come on, we promised Sky." Crystal prompted.

"I'm up... and we'll be making breakfast this morning." Serenity said as she rolled to the edge of the bed and onto her feet.

Crystal probed Serenity's mind wondering how she knew that and what she saw there instantly had her retreating. "You do always know what the others are doing." She stated.

Serenity nodded, "even when I don't want to know." Not bothering to shower Serenity just pulled on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. "I still wonder why Sky wants lessons."

"I think it has more to do with defending herself against male Centaurs then human males." Crystal replied as she stretched.

"I'll wake her." Serenity said and went to open her door only to realise that Sky was standing there. "How long have you been there?"

"About the time you crawled out of bed... you know... that whole modesty thing I had going a week ago is gone." Sky explained as she leant on the door jam, she was dressed in much the same clothes as Serenity was wearing. "And you are right, this is more about male Centaurs, but I had decided on getting one of you to give me some lessons before Nhor explained what would be coming my way from the males of my new kind."

Serenity grinned and wrapped an arm around Sky, walking her downstairs and was followed by Crystal, "So, ma said she would push the adoption papers through a get your new identity card to you in a few days."

"Yeah... morning Nhor..." Sky said as she spotted him in the kitchen. Nhor waved but continued eating his oats and slowly flicking through a newspaper.

They went out the back door and raced to the gym to get out of the cold autumn air. "Should have put on shoes," Sky complained.

Crystal chuckled, "Okay we'll start with the basics, how to block a hit, how to throw a hit and how to break a hold."

Sky nodded, "okay where do we start?"

"At the beginning, with your stance," Serenity answered, "some of it will be instinctive, Nhor's own battle training filtering through but you don't have four legs so you will have to come up with better techniques."

Crystal moved Sky into a stance, "Since your dominant hand is your right you should always have your left shoulder forward, it will give your right arm more force than if you are square to your opponent. Hold your left hand in front of your face, you'll use it mainly to block but if you get the chance jab with the left then hook with the right."

Serenity demonstrated the moves.

Crystal walked around Sky and adjusted how her hands were fisted, "try to hit with the first two knuckles, it will hurt but not nearly as much if you hit with your other knuckles." She paced around Sky before nodding. "Okay attack Serenity."

Serenity grinned at Sky and gestured her forward. Sky threw out a left jab which Serenity blocked, Sky followed quickly with a right hook. Sky didn't expect for either of her blows to connect and was thoroughly surprised when her right hook connected with Serenity's jaw. "Fuck!" Sky swore as she cradled her hand.

"Um... Ren?" Crystal said just as surprised as Sky that she got a hit in.

Serenity glanced to Crystal, "huh?" She replied.

"My hand is broken and you don't even feel it?" Sky complained.

"You try keeping your mind focused when you have two siblings NOT BLOCKING." She answered as she focused the last two words directly at Thais and Temperance. When the links to her siblings muted to a bearable level she touched her jaw. "Not enough force, throw your shoulder into it." She added.

"My hand... is... broken..." Sky reiterated.

"Nah... just bruised." Crystal explained, "I didn't hear anything break."

Nhor joined them to see what Serenity and Crystal were teaching his daughter. "Believe Crystal, she would have heard a break."

"You know I think we are going about this the wrong way at least for the moment, at the moment it is important to teach her how to fend off male Centaurs if she doesn't want their attention." Serenity said more to herself then to the others, she turned to Nhor. "Would anyone object to dirty tactics since she has two legs and is smaller?"

"I believe others will admit that she needs an advantage to even the playing field, dirty tactics gives her a fair chance." Nhor answered, in fact he knew no one would begrudge Sky a fair chance.

"Okay..." Crystal said as she paced over to Nhor and nudged him further into the room. "Look at Nhor, what do you think his weak points are." She asked Sky.

Sky flexed her hand as she paced around Nhor, okay... she thought to herself, her hand wasn't broken but how do you find a weak spot on a person who was part man part horse?

Nhor stood still so as not to give her hints.

"I don't know." Sky answered, her mind hadn't been trained to pick out weaknesses in an opponent.

"Okay, Nhor has a big body, supported by four very spindly legs." Crystal explained.

"His legs are his weak spot, a downed Centaur can find it hard to get back up again, bruise the tendons in his hocks and movement can be difficult and can even go down again as their leg can't support their weight and they can't move effectively with only three legs." Serenity added.