Command and Vanquish Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Rayth's at the border of Espinan tonight, Sir. Honestly, I don't know how much longer the 'peace' is going to last."

Jem wrenched his mouth slightly, and turned back to look at the distance. "Yeah."

"Sir…respectfully, I just want you to be prepared for…"

"Enough. I know." Jem said bitterly, but not by any means angry with Navin. Navin wan't his enemy, just his usual voice of reason. Jem couldn't deny his attraction to Princess Isabella, but knew Navin was partially right: a relationship with her could become incredibly complicated, or even dangerous. After such a fine evening with her, it irritated him to have to come crashing back to reality.

A female slave entered from behind the men. She knelt, and touched the back of Jaimeth's leg to get his attention. "Master, would you care for a drink?"

Jem was in a foul mood to begin, and the slave would pay for it. "Who the hell gave you permission to touch me?" he snapped. Navin, seeking to make up for any offense he caused the Prince, assisted by grabbing the girl's hair, pulling her up, and pinning her to his body. "My master asked you a question." Navin threw her to Jem's feet, then held her by the hair in a kneeling position. He kicked her, "Answer him."

The slave was stunned; she knew punishment was already due no matter what her answer. "Mercy, please my Master, Master, I beg you for your mercy!"

Jem looked down on her and smiled cruelly. "Mercy? What is mercy, my slave…is this merciful?" He grabbed her breast roughly and forcefully stroked her nipple. "Tell me, girl, is this merciful?"

She whimpered. No answer was a good answer. "…please Master," she began to sob, "I meant my Master no offense, I wish to make you happy, please Master…"

Jem's eyebrows arched. "Please Master? Please what, girl? What are you begging for…this?" Jem crouched down beside her, as Navin continued to hold her hair in a kneeling position, and plunged two fingers into her. The girl gasped and struggled, but Navin's grip was unrelenting. "Master, I beg you not to hurt me, please Master, please don't hurt me." Jem released his hands from inside of her, and grabbed her by the nipple. He relaxed as she gasped, and said coolly, "I'll tell you what, slave. It won't hurt if you're a good girl." Jem looked up at Navin. "Chain her to my bed."

*******************

Isabella woke in a huge soft bed at daybreak. For a moment she was frightened and forgot where she was. When she remembered, she was still a bit uneasy. Was this right? What if this ended? Was she being spoiled? What if her family came back for her? Then in her sleepy thoughts, she realized happily that she didn't really care. She was here now, and here was wonderful. But something else now had her awake. She her rapid footsteps moving toward her room.

A blond haired man burst into her room. The slave who stayed with her the night before placed her head to the floor. The man seemed in a hurry and scared her. He asked "Are you naked under there?"

She was shocked! Who was he, and what on earth was he doing?! "Um, no Sir, but…"

"Great" he said as he quickly began to pull of his sandals. He threw them at the slave. "Take these girl, help me get the outer layers off." And he started pulling off his clothing. He didn't remove them all, just the outer garments. Then he ran and jumped into bed with her!

She almost screamed, but he caught her mouth and she could tell by the playfulness in his eyes that he wasn't about to hurt her. He kept saying over and over "Please Princess, just play along, this will be hilarious, I beg you, just play along, please, it will be fun."

Wide eyed, she slowly nodded in agreement to play along. He crawled under the covers with her, wrapped himself around her, and pretended to sleep.

More footsteps were heard coming towards her door.

This person, however, knocked a few times. Jaimeth's voice came from the other side of the door. "Princess Isabella? Um, is there any chance that…" the door cracked open, and Jem saw the slave holding sandals and clothes.

"Mother FUCKER!" the Prince cried out as he burst through the door and came storming towards the bed.

"Rayth, you freaking IDIOT!"

"Shh," said Rayth, not opening his eyes. "I'm trying to sleep. Rough night. Wore me out."

Isabella looked at Jem, shocked, and shook her head. She didn't know how he would react, she didn't know this other person!

Jem, however, sighed in frustration. "Princess, meet the village moron, Lord Rayth. No one likes him much."

Princess sighed in relief. She had heard enough stories about Lord Rayth to make him seem like an old friend. Her fear of him turned to an immediate liking.

Rayth acted like he just woke up and stretched. Pretending not to recognize Jem, he asked, "did you bring us breakfast?"

"That's it." Jem reached under the covers, grabbed Rayth's ankles, and yanked him out of the bed onto the floor. Rayth tried to recover, and pinned Jem onto his back, but not before Jem twisted his legs so he couldn't stand.

"Gentleman," Isabella tried, "no need to fight, there are 2 sides of me and one enormous bed." She patted either side of the bed. "Why waste your energy fighting when it can be directed towards loving?"

Jem froze, "What the.." but then saw her laughing, and realized she wasn't serious. Rayth laughed too, "Well Jem, sounds like you two have something in common." The two men stood up and straightened themselves out, and Rayth spoke first.

"Your highness, Prince Jaimeth and I are scheduled to see a new state-run training facility for domestic slaves. We thought we'd extend you either an invitation to join us, or I'll leave my girl Alenya here to show you around Prince's hall and you can do …whatever it is that….girls, well…do.

"Feel honored, Iz," Jem said, shortening Isabella, "Rayth doesn't part with his precious slave for just anyone."

Rayth pushed Jem, "Lay off of her."

"Well, I certainly wouldn't want to cause any undue hardship," said Isabella, remembering all of Jem's stories "so if you don't mind, I'll accompany you, and we can all go. Actually, I'm looking forward to meeting Alenya. I've heard so much about this captivating slave."

Rayth looked at her for a long minute. Was she going to be like Jem, and abuse Alenya just to mess with him? But like Jaimeth, she was royalty, and if she said she wanted to meet Alenya, he was not legally permitted to refuse. Hesitantly, and almost sadly, he offered, "I will have her sent to your room to help you dress for the day, if that is what you wish."

Jem shoved Rayth, "Don't be such a fucking martyr. Iz, we'll wait for you by the main doors. No rush. We're supposed to be there in two hours, but what are they going to do if I'm late? Flog me? Hmm…actually, that might be fun, but I'm just saying, take your time, no rush."

Isabella smiled largely. "Thank you, Jem. I don't take long to get ready though, I won't keep you waiting."

*******************

Isabella began to accompany Prince Jaimeth, Lord Rayth, Navin, and the rest of the entourage on most of their outings and meetings. She remained respectfully quiet during most of them, but Prince Jaimeth always invited the Princess to share her opinion. Almost every single time she was invited to speak or ask questions, she shocked the entire room with her insightfulness and precision. Most often, she asked the hard questions no one else had yet considered.

Jaimeth began to see her more and more as his perfect partner; she was perfect for both him and his country. Few women could hold their own against his generally intimidating nature, but she took him in stride with ease. She was comfortable with him, unafraid, relaxed. She was also brilliant, insightful, had a marvelous sense of humor, and commanded the same attention he did. He saw her as a rare jewel that fate had handed him.

Navin, although impressed with her intelligence and composure, was ever wary of her origins. War with Espinan was looking to be inevitable. No word from either side about the wellbeing of the Princess; it was as if both Espinan and Pangain had forgotten about her.

But for Jem, she was the forefront of his every thought.

"My Princess," he said to her one day. "I would like to take a walk with you…would you accompany me?"

She smiled her usual sweet smile. "Of course, my Prince, anything you'd like." After many months, she was still excited about time alone with him, and always incredibly respectful of his position. She was the first to fall on her knees when he entered a room. The first words out of his mouth were always, "Get up Isabella, don't do that." Then to everyone else in the room, "carry on." Today, though, he had a special surprise for her.

Arm in arm, they walked to the Queen's castle. The Queen was holding an open court for her subjects, and Jem wanted to use this very public and very formal occasion. With Princess Isabella of Espinan on his arm, Prince Jaimeth of Pangain let the crowd part for him as he strode to the middle of court, in front of his grandmother's throne, Queen of Pangain.

The Queen's old eyes glowed at the sight of her favorite grandchild and heir to her kingdom. Jaimeth was certainly the most favored member of her royal family, above the Queen's own son, Jem's father. The Queen had a very large smile appear on her regal face, and she allowed her favored grandson to kneel in front of her.

"Prince Jaimeth," she said in her old, weakening voice, "to what do I owe this great honor that you come here today?"

Jem stood, motioning for Isabella to do the same. The Princess of Espinan kept her head lowered, uncertain of what he had planned for their visit.

"My Queen," Jem said, his eyes sparkling knowingly at his grandmother, "I have come to beg a favor from you."

"Yes, my grandson, what do you wish for?"

"Grandmother, I wish to ask your blessing for a betrothal."

The entire court gasped, and eyes shot wide-eyed to the girl standing beside him. Isabella's stomach shot up into her throat. She panicked, and didn't know what to do, so she kept her head down and blushed.

The Queen's eyes faded a bit, and she seriously surveyed the girl standing next to Jaimeth. "Raise your head girl." Isabella complied, nervous. "Are you not a Princess of Espinan?" "Yes, your majesty," Isabella replied.

"It appears my grandson would like to change the nature of your loyalties. What do you think about that?"

"Your majesty, I did not know what Prince Jaimeth had planned for today. However, as I've spent almost a year in your country, I have come to know and love many of the people and the customs here. I have been made to feel more welcome here than I have with my own family. And…" Isabella nervously hesitated. "…And I love Prince Jaimeth. Wherever he is, and whom ever he is serving, I would be honored to stand by his side."

The Queen's eyes returned a small bit of her sparkle. She was still cautious, and hesitant. "A Princess comes tied to land within her country. My grandson would be entitled to the land associated with you. Your country already owes a large debt to my country…what would your family do about my grandson's rightful inheritance from a betrothal to you?"

Prince Jaimeth interjected, "Your majesty, if I may answer for the Princess, I believe our betrothal might assuage some hostilities. If Espinan will agree to tie the amount of the debt to the Princess as opposed to land, her eventual marriage to me will fulfill Espinan's debt. I have my bride, they have their land and their financial security, all benefit."

The Queen thought for a long moment. "The plan appears overly simple for the historical controversy between our two lands. However, the proposal has merit, and potential for exponential gain. And if you both strongly care for one another…" the Queen smiled, "…your betrothal is blessed by myself and the country of Pangain. Princess Isabella, welcome to the royal folds of the family. When I pass on, you will marry my grandson, and assume the throne as Queen. For now…" Jem pulled out a large jeweled ring as his grandmother finished, "you will be known to all by this signet ring as Princess Isabella of Pangain, heiress to the throne."

Some of the noblewomen looked at Jaimeth shocked, as their hopes for marriage to him were smashed. Everyone else in the court, however, was thrilled to receive their new Princess! Especially Jem, who was uncharacteristically emotional in appearance. He loved her, and was overjoyed that Isabella would be with him always. As he turned to speak to her, he saw the tears of joy in her eyes as well. No words needed to be spoken. He placed the signet ring on her hand, and kissed it, looking deep into her teary eyes. "MY Princess," he murmured.

The Queen announced, "let their be a formal ball to mark the occasion!" and almost immediately, plans were being made for the largest international engagement party the world had ever seen.

*******************

Author's note: This is the first story I've written, but it's a very long story, and a long time work in progress. Parts Two and Three are much darker than this, filled with angst and strain on all the main characters; war erupts and brings out the worst in everyone. The ending is bittersweet. As I've said, although I know the story, it's a work in progress, and I'd REALLY REALLY like to hear what you think of the story so far. Any comments good bad or ugly are welcome!