Command and Vanquish Ch. 02

Story Info
Jaimeth's love, dissent, fall, and recovery.
17.5k words
4.7
20.3k
4

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/18/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kaitlynB
kaitlynB
68 Followers

Isabella woke up before she even opened her eyes. She was holding Jem's head as she lay next to him, and the conscious smell of his hair made her happy. She reached forward and kissed his forehead. It wasn't every night he allowed her to sleep in his room; most nights, he pounded out his daily frustrations into the wells of his body slaves.

The previous night, however, the two stayed up late comically arguing the plans for their engagement party. They laughed together at the looks of consternation on the head slaves' face each time they disagreed over a menu choice, music selection, or formal announcement procession. Most of the slaves and palace staff were always shocked to hear the Princess argue with Jem, but as with making the plans for their engagement party, Jem always welcomed Isabella's uninhibited remarks.

Now to hide the morning sunlight from his eyes, he stirred next to her and nuzzeled his head into her neck. She smiled: outside, he was so hard, so demanding, so...royally untouchable. Here and now, he was gentle, soft, and openly vulnerable.

He murmured to her as he woke up: "I have a busy day today. This morning I have a training session with Navin, and this afternoon the military council is convening...will you come to the council meeting?" He kissed her neck, "you're so insightful."

She held him as she replied, "of course I will, I would do whatever you wanted. ...Jem?"

"hhmmm?"

"I know why the council's meeting today...Rayth told me you're preparing to attack Espinan in response to their recent aggression."

Jem stretched as he thought the conversation was taking an uncomfortable turn. "Yes, my lovely, that's true...they've left us little choice but to respond militarily."

Isabella thought for a moment, then said, "I belong with you. My family...they never had any intention of bringing me back. I was expendable to them, one of many children. My brothers are all that are important to my parents. You, and your country, have greeted me with open arms." She snuggled closer to him. "My place is with you."

Jem sighed deeply, happy, and closed his eyes once more. "You're a gift I don't deserve."

*********

Prince Jaimeth was sweating profusely, and his blade's handle kept slipping. Dirt clung to his wet skin in the places he fell. He was out of breath, but smiling; he loved practicing against Navin, even though he knew he wouldn't win. He tried his hardest though.

Navin stood back, blade still drawn, his cool eyes smiled at his young trainee, allowing Jem to catch his breath. Navin had small beads of sweat on his brow, but was no where near in the rough condition Jem was.

"You see, Sir?" teased Navin, "You keep trying all that jumping around and strong-arm crap, and you just let yourself get worn out."

Their respective fighting styles reflected their personalities: Jem was forceful, quick, cunning, and active. Navin barely had to move and was calculating, efficient, and patient. They were both considered excellent swordsmen, but Navin easily won against everyone he's ever fought, which firmly secured his position as captain of the guard.

He stood patiently, ready, and smiled at Jem.

"Com'on, Sir, the next commander of the armies ought to remain proficient no matter what the circumstances."

Jem panted, shook his head, and smiled very largely. "I...I'm just..." he said between breaths, "..just getting started."

"Give him hell, Navin!" one of the guards yelled, as several had stopped to watch.

Jem laughed. Navin's eyes didn't leave the young competitor in front of him. "Focus, Sir." Navin crept towards Jem, feeling he'd had enough of a break. "Concentrate on what's in front of you. Don't watch my blade, watch me. Read my body language... read what I'm thinking..."

Navin moved in for another strike, and Jem positioned himself to block the attack. Navin saw the instability of the stance and kicked Jem's legs out from under him; the Prince hit the ground hard.

"Perhaps our concentration on other things today, Sir? I hear Isabella's coming to the meeting today...you welcome distraction, I see?

Jem jumped up, somewhat offended and swung hard, easily blocked by Navin.

"Distraction? She's the best general our military council has had in years, and you know it. She's extremely knowledgeable, innovative, efficient, and compassionate towards our soldiers..." he swung several times hard.

"But really, Sir," Navin began in a counter-attack, both physical and verbal "Do you expect to tell her your plans to dismantle Espinan's royal palace, the place where she played when she was little, and expect her to ASSIST you in doing that?" Navin paused, waiting a response with Jem's sword and rationale.

Jem paused as well, out of breath, but kept his guard up. "She's a great girl. Don't doubt it."

"I don't, Sir." Navin said as he began his attack once more, and for the win, "Just give that great girl a bit of caution. This is a new situation for everyone, including her." Navin used his body to separate Jem from his sword, and called "Win." He held his blade to Jem's throat, and Jem looked up at him with a mix of emotion. Whether he was more upset about the imminent loss or the word of caution, Navin couldn't tell. Jem swallowed, and pulled himself back to reason:

"Are the reports from the border in yet?"

"From what I understand, Sir, yes," Navin replied. "Rayth's been pulling his hair out all morning trying to sort through the information and presentation line up. If you don't want to go into the meeting blind, check him."

*********

Lord Rayth watched as the slaves laid reports in front of each council member's seat, and surveyed the room to make ensure everything was in place. He stared down at the list in his hands of the presenters he had arranged, his blazing blue eyes pouring intently over the document.

"Lord Rayth?" a female voice said, approaching him. He looked out of the corner of his eye who was approaching, half annoyed to be bothered. Once he recognized who it was, he was further annoyed, and kept reading his document. It was one of the general's daughters who was accompanying her father as an excuse to access the palace. Rayth had met her before and right now didn't have time for her.

"Hello, my Lady," he said not impolitely, but with certain lack of enthusiasm.

She smiled at him, trying to play her feminine games to win his interest. She, like most women, found him irresistibly attractive. "Very exciting news that father tells me...we're heading to war?"

"Yes, my Lady, a grand time guaranteed to all." Rayth noticed a mistake in his copy, and called one of the soldiers over to take it back and have it corrected. "Yes, Sir," the soldier said, and Rayth turned his attention to the map on the wall. The general's daughter thought this her opportunity make an impression.

She walked up behind him and slid her hand along his waist. Barely reacting, he looked out of the corner of his eyes at her with annoyance. She leaned in to his ear as she rubbed his waist and chest and seductively whispered, "Perhaps we could discuss the implications later on in private."

Still not moving, he said, "my Lady, who gave you permission to touch me?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard my question."

She dropped her hands and took a half step back. "My Lord, I demand you speak more respectfully to me...I am not one of your slaves!"

Rayth smiled chauvinistically as he turned to face her for the first time. He looked her whole body over, lingering in places he shouldn't have. After mentally assessing her, he said, "I'd prefer you if you were."

"OH!" she said in angered disgust, and stormed out of the room.

Rayth stood there grinning, pleased with himself. Then he looked over to the corner of the room where Alenya knelt, waiting for him. She was trying her hardest to suppress a smile, but it wasn't working. She playfully met his eyes, and he good-naturedly winked. Knowingly, he said, "What are you smiling about, girl?" She shook her head and said, "That wasn't the most gentlemanly thing I've seen you do, Master."

"Don't let him fool you, Alenya, he's no gentleman," Jem said as he suddenly strode in. Alenya put her head to the floor, and Rayth looked surprised. "Oh my goodness," he said sarcastically and smiled, "Prince Jaimeth arrived early for a meeting."

"Don't be a jerk, Rayth, I was hoping to catch you privately to get a heads up before the meeting."

"Alenya." Rayth said sharply. "Wait for me in my room." She left, relieved. Rayth knew how scared she was of Jaimeth, and he was kind enough to try and keep them apart.

Jem asked Rayth once they were alone, "What do we have from the most recent interrogations? I heard you've personally captured and questioned a gem?"

"The lead interrogator will give you the full report, but this one is in your area of 'expertise.' Espinan nobility, some woman, don't know the name, has been captured spying...

"Nobility?" Jem interrupted, "Hell, she was probably running in our own high social circles..."

Rayth agreed before he finished, "You've got it. She was caught with quite a large collection of information concerning, get this, your grandmother's palace. The problem is we can't figure out what she was planning to use it for. She's downstairs in the dungeons right now. We thought you'd like a...um...more pleasant introduction to her."

Jem smirked knowingly. "Rayth...have I told you lately that I love you?"

"No, sexy, but you can make it up to me with your fine ass after the meeting. Seriously though, Jem, she's not going to cave to traditional question and answer. She's arrogant. Fucking nobility, huh? So given your 'skills,' I was thinking we could try...

"Fantastic idea," Jem finished and smiled at Rayth. "Mock-court setting?"

"I was leaning more towards 'party entertainment.' I'm out, though, she already knows who I am."

"You're no good to the good guy / bad guy strategy then. That's a shame, 'parties' are so much more fun with you around, and you're the perfect 'good guy' to my 'bad'. Well...can you do me a favor then? I really don't want Isabella to be around tonight; I don't want her to see this. And if I throw a 'party', she'll want to know why she's not invited."

"What do you want me to do?"

"I'd like you to take her out...take her shopping, and let her pick out some nice stuff. Take a couple of guys with you to carry her things, maybe? Or she also likes going to plays...maybe you and some of the guys can find a good one and take her to it?"

"Will do." Rayth was very comfortable with Isabella, and they had grown to be close friends. "But...um...do me a favor in return." Rayth looked at the floor. "Don't mess with Alenya tonight? I know when you guys get drinking..."

Jem rolled his eyes, then smirked at his friend. "I'll be busy with the other bitch, I don't have time to fuck with yours."

The room began to fill with the generals and other military council members, and after a time they were seated. The first presenter began briefing the council on the most recent intelligence, and about five minutes into the presentation, Jem looked a bit concerned. He leaned in to Rayth and whispered, "We're going to have to strike Espinan soon." Rayth nodded, also concerned.

The door creaked open and a shy looking Isabella stepped into the room. All the men stood up, which surprised and sort of embarrassed her.

"Forgive me for being late," she said.

"Not at all." Jem said, keeping his face and tone serious, but elated inside to see her. He loved her. Lord Rayth pulled a chair beside him out a little, inviting her to sit with them at the head of the table.

Across the room, Navin's jaw set locked.

The men took their seats once more as Isabella approached the head of the table. Then in a move that surprised them all, she didn't take her seat. Instead, she got on her knees beside Jem.

He looked down mouth open and speechless, not exactly sure what she was doing. Then from her kneeling position, she reached up to take his hand, and it dawned on him: foreign dignitaries greet the host by kissing his ring, in Jem's case, his ring depicting his royal crest. Isabella took his hand, and pressed her lips lingeringly to his ring.

Her tardiness had a purpose: she wanted all the high counselors to witness her respects to their royalty. Considering the nature of the meeting, this was a wise and strategic move on her part. She was declaring subservient loyalty to Jem, even in the event of war with Espinan.

A very calculating woman, but very honest.

Navin felt the corners of his mouth betray his impassive exterior; if no one else, he realized what she was doing.

Jaimeth held out his hand to her, and allowed her to do it, returning the respect she was offering him, then invited her to sit beside him. "Please, continue," Jem said as he nodded to the presenter.

The presenter picked up where he had left off. Rayth teasingly whispered into Isabella's ear, "Very subtle, my Princess." She playfully nudged him in the ribs.

One by one, over twenty presenters gave accounts of various situations, statistics, current events, and strategies, and each was questioned thoroughly by the council. The main consensus: the coming war with Espinan would result in an overwhelmingly one-sided victory.

*********

After the meeting, Rayth quickly entered his room. He found Alenya, and took hold of her to speak to her. Rayth's gorgeous chiseled features were hard, and brooked no discussion. He wasn't angry with her, but he had to move fast to keep her safe.

She looked up at him, frightened. She took her Master seriously.

"Listen to me, and listen well. I can't be around tonight...Jem asked me to escort Princess Isabella, and I won't be here to protect you. Whatever you do, and I don't care how you accomplish this, but don't let anyone, and I mean anyone, find you tonight. Hide here, in the kitchen, I don't care. I know them. Stay out of sight."

"Yes, Master." Alenya placed her head on the floor, and then thought. Her heart raced; she wanted him to know.

"Master, may a slave beg permission to speak?"

Rayth stood a little straighter, and his heart clenched. "Of course, girl, speak." He didn't know what she might say, but she had his undivided attention.

Alenya raised her head, and cautiously, nervously met Rayth's eyes. "Sir, I know that a slave is required to respect and obey her Master. Sir, I didn't want to be a slave, and given my choice right now, I would choose freedom. However..." Aleyna swallowed, "...even if I were not a slave right now, I would still greatly admire and respect you, and do whatever you would ask of me. I recognize that you are a very good man, and uncommonly admirable. I feel honored and privileged to know you, and be around you, even if the price I have to pay for your presence is slavery. I'm terribly grateful that a man as good as you are is kind to me. My respect and obedience to you is beyond what is required of a slave."

Rayth stared down at her wide eyed. He was blushing, and his mouth felt dry. What seemed like an eternity, but was only a few seconds, Rayth slowly went on his knees in front of her, wrapped his arms around her, and engulfed her in a hug.

He said, "I love you too."

*********

The 'party' Jem was throwing was well under way, although the 'entertainment' had yet to arrive. The room was filled with men, Jem, a few of his guards, Navin, and Benito. The wine was flowing steadily as Jem's body slaves served. The sweet smell of rich foods filled the air, and it was becoming difficult to tell whether this was strategic work or masculine play.

Jem, raising his wine glass, got the room's attention. "Alright, most of you know the rules, and those who don't just follow our lead. It's good guy/ bad guy strategy. She's got to warm up to someone, but it's a long night between now and then. Winner takes all, full rights to her the rest of the night, but remember there's a job to be done."

Suddenly, a guard entered, pulling a nude woman adorned in expensive jewelry to the center of the room on a leash. The guard jerked the tether sharply as she was brought to her knees in front of Prince Jaimeth. Clothed men, some holding crops, surrounded her. Her nervousness was evidenced by the rapid rise and fall of her naked, quivering breasts. Her eyes were to the floor, but she held her head up, as if trying to appear confident.

Jem glassy, playful eyes soaked in the sight of her as he smiled cruelly. He would single-handedly ensure this would be the worst night of her life.

He spoke to her quietly, slowly, cocky: "Hello, my beauty. Welcome to the honored position of one of my serving slaves. Lovely jewelry; Espinan wealth, I believe. Bring it here. It now belongs to me, as do you."

Anger flashed through her, her fists clenched, but a look around the room and she decided not to argue. "Good, get angry with me," Jem thought to himself. She walked to him and knelt, and he picked up a jewel encrusted necklace. He ran it through his fingers and asked, "Am I to understand you've never served before as a slave?"

She blushed over her whole body. She said quietly, trying to hide the shaking in her voice, "No...and you know that. I am nobility from Espinan; it would be wise of you to release me immediately."

The room of men snickered. One of the smiling men stood, and with great force brought a crop swinging down across her back. Her scream and fall to the floor made the men laugh. The man who struck her told her, "Don't advise my Prince unless he asks your opinion." He struck her hard again. "And don't break position unless one of us tells you to." He grabbed her hair and brought her back to kneel in front of Jaimeth.

Never had she felt the sting of a crop, or such pain, in her life.

Jaimeth was unmoved by her wide eyes and tears streaming down her face. "My girl, I'm sure you've owned slaves before. Try to act the way a pleasing slave would act. To, um," Jem pretended to search for words, "assist you, should you need help in deciding what a pleasing slave would do, all of these men have graciously volunteered to help you learn how to be pleasing. Invite their instruction, and you WILL thank them each time they helpfully correct you. You may start with the man who just struck you."

The woman tensed, and remembered the feel of the crop. She turned towards the culprit on her knees, and looked at him: "Thank you for correcting me."

Another man behind her brought his own crop down twice, rapidly and hard, across her back; she gasped and sobbed. He smiled as he lace the crop through his shoulders behind his head, "Now what kind of gratitude is that? To thank a man, cling to his feet, kiss and lick them, and beg him to accept your most humble thanks. Start with the first man, then turn around to thank me."

Tears were streaming from her face as she moved to the first guard's feet to comply. She reached her shaking hands out to his feet, and grasped them tightly as she began to fervently kiss them. "Please, oh please, I beg you...please accept my most humble thanks to you..."

The guard smiled down at her, but said with a tone of cruelty, "did I give you permission to touch me?" She wasn't struck, but he traced his crop over her skin. She broke down into sobs, realizing the type of night she would endure. The second guard grabbed her by the hair and pushed her face to the feet of the first guard, and he hissed in her ear, "shut the fuck up, you self-centered whore, and thank him like you were instructed to."

"Sir, yes Sir, ...sirs, please forgive me, I mean...I mean thank you! Thank you sirs!" She spat out and cried, trying to kiss their feet through her crying.

Jem looked across the room at Navin; they shared a look and a silent thought: cracking so soon? Jem was disappointed. Jem turned to Benny sitting beside him; the boy was wide-eyed, scared, but looked at Jem trying to feign confidence and a smile. Jem warmly placed his arm around his brother, whispering to him, "It's okay...this is necessary and it's very, very effective."

kaitlynB
kaitlynB
68 Followers