Community Theater

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rd75000
rd75000
837 Followers

On the Tuesday night run through of Act Two, I was going to perform my strips for the first time in front of my new group of friends. It was one thing to think about standing practically naked in front of an audience of strangers, but another to be taking it off in front of people I had seen practically every day for the last month. I was so nervous that I was unable to eat before coming to the theater that night and totally missed my entrance for the Toreadorable number. As I came offstage, I took a deep breath, thought about my character and decided if Louise could make the transformation, then so could I.

We had to run through the timing of the dialog and the music for the first strip several times, each one ending with only a shoulder strap out of place as I left the stage. When we finally had it figured out, the director called out, "okay, let's see the second strip." Without thinking I unzipped the dress, stepped out of it and looked around for my next gown. It was nowhere to be found! I turned around and saw all six farmboys and seven Toreadorables standing there, staring at me. Or more precisely, staring at my butt, which was on display thanks to the thong I was wearing. And one of the girls, the one I had beaten out for the part of Louise, was holding my dress. I decided there was only one way to respond. I stayed totally in character, pushed up on the balls of my feet to accentuate the smooth curves of my ass, and paraded right past them to grab my dress. Turning around, I made sure to casually brush my boobs against Josh, the boy playing the part of Tulsa, and then stepped into the dress and back out onto stage.

At the end of the next strip, the dress was already unzipped as I came off stage, so I simply let it fall to the ground. Looking around, I noticed that Jennifer and half of the girls had left, having had their little joke. The guys, on the other hand, seemed to be enjoying the show. "Don't go yet, guys," I joked, "I'll be back in just a minute." The number ended with me standing behind the closed curtains, then quickly opening and closing them again, so the audience just sees me head on, whereas the guys backstage got another opportunity to stare. As I walked off stage, I heard one of them mutter "nice ass" and another wonder aloud "how does that bra stay on." I just smiled and said "thank you boys."

The full dress rehearsal the next day had a few rough spots but no major problems. I still had my audience of farmboys backstage, and even got a round of applause from them this time. Thursday was our first public performance, a preview night where tickets were sold for lower prices. The theater was just about two thirds full but everything was flowing much more smoothly. Still, for the entire week, I hadn't performed the strips the way that Lorraine and Michelle and I had discussed them. In part, I think the director wanted to give me some time to get used to stripping in public, but we also wanted to have a surprise in store for opening night. Still, I was disappointed that when it came time for the curtain calls at the end, I got a polite round of applause, but the big cheers were all for Debbie as Mama Rose. Well, I vowed to myself, that's the last time that will happen. Let's see what happens opening night.

Chapter 3: Opening Night

I could barely sleep that night, and I was glad I only had two classes on Friday morning. I was nervous and excited, and I found that as I walked back to my apartment I was humming and swaying my hips. Anyone watching would have thought I was on my way to a strip club, and in a sense, I was. I kept thinking how much fun it had been teasing the newsboys during the rehearsals, and how I had "accidentally" brushed my boob against Josh. But I was determined that tonight I was going to make a some changes that Lorraine had discussed last night, and that I would try out those changes in front of hundreds of strangers.

That night the first act seemed to me like it went on forever. I kept thinking about what I was going to be doing in just a few minutes. I even messed up a couple of my lines but somehow got through it all. I guess I wasn't the only one with opening night jitters. But as I got ready for my big scene, I saw the Tulsa and the farmboys and the Toreadorables and even Jennifer crowding in the wings to watch and I realized that what they had wasn't exactly a case of jitters. They had heard the rumor that I was going to take this further than I had in dress rehearsal and at last night's preview, and they wanted to see just what I was going to do.

The strip scene has a long set up, where Herbie and Mama are talking about finally getting married. It's the last night of their contract at a third-rate burlesque house where Louise has been booked as song-and-dance act that fills up the time in between strippers. But as Herbie leaves to get their luggage, the manager comes in and says the headliner has disappeared. Mama sees this as a chance to show that they be stars and says that Louise will do the strip. I then go off stage and come back in a beautiful blue gown.

Up to that point in the play, the costume and make-up are all designed to make me look plain, almost tomboyish. My costumes were loose fitting, giving no indication of my body shape. But this dress changed all that. It might have been my imagination, but I could swear I heard some gasps from the audience as I started to speak. They hadn't realized it was me back on stage, and suddenly they were seeing me in a whole new light. The neckline showed some cleavage so there could be no doubt I really was a woman. The dress pulled in around the waist and was tight across my butt and then flared out. I played the scene for all it was worth, picking up a feather boa and wrapping it around me as if I was embarrassed by my boobs. And I walked like someone not used to high heels, shuffling along in a kind of trance. But in my mind I was running through every little move and action I was going to take over the next ten minutes, ten minutes when I intended to have every guy in the theater thinking of nothing but me.

There's some really clever staging to show that Gypsy is going on stage. The lights flash from the back of the set, as if that's the stage front. I turn my back to the audience and walk to the lights, then things go black for a second, and the lights come back up. I'm now facing the audience and the curtain is closing behind me. I'm on stage alone, ready to do my strip, and the play's audience is now the audience in the burlesque house waiting to watch me strip. My stomach literally did several flips and I moved toward the footlights and began to sing. "Let me entertain you, let me make you smile...."

The audience was absolutely silent, picking up on Louise's nervousness and feeling at first somewhat embarrassed for her. I sang in a very weak voice, the way we'd practiced it, with Mama Rose yelling out from the wings "sing out, Louise, sing out." The audience started to laugh and squirm a little in their seats, and on cue, the band stopped. That's my cue to begin my transformation. I finally look out and make eye contact with the audience, saying, "Hello everybody, my name is...gypsy...rose....lee." Then, picking an older man around tenth room center, I looked directly at him and said "what's your name sir." And believe it or not, he answered back, "Walter." Something about the name got a laugh, and I turned to the band and said "Mr. orchestra leader, if you please," and the music started in again. This time the arrangement was louder, brassier, and, how should I say it, more like stripper music. I began to confidently walk back and forth across the stage, making an effort to pull off a glove but letting it seem like it was stuck. I threw back the boa that I still had wrapped across my neck, and bent forward just a little as Mama shouted from backstage "dip Louise, dip." I put a little shimmy in it and let my breasts jiggle. I walked toward the side of the stage, turned back, let a shoulder strap drop and ducked out of sight as the lights cut out. Louise had finished her stripping debut.

But the drummer kept up a slow steady beat, and a voice announced that the Alhambra Theatre of Philadelphia was proud to bring you their featured attraction, Miss Gypsy Rose Lee. This gave me the thirty seconds I needed to quickly unzip the blue gown, shrug that to the floor and step into a black dress with silver straps that fastened like a halter behind my neck. It hugged my breasts and waist, but the flared bottom half of the dress had very prominent slits up the front and back. At rehearsals I realized that each costume change made me feel sexier, and now performing in front of a live audience only heightened that sensation. I strode confidently to center stage, holding the fabric with my hands so my legs were fully visible with each step. Singing another verse of the song, I moved to the other side and, leaning against the side of the side, bent my knees and move up and down, pressing my butt hard against the wooden arch.

"My mother, who got me into all of this," I said as I started to unfasten the straps behind my neck, "always told me to leave them begging for more and then don't give it to them." I stopped with a look of sudden awareness that all eyes were glued on me, waiting to see what I would do next. I slowly reached to the zipper on the side of the dress, and said "But I'm not my mother." I stepped off stage as I continued with lines, "so if you want some more, I'll give it to you," and took the dress off and held it out in my arm so the audience could see it, and then leaned my head around the corner and said "Beg," in a loud commanding voice. The music paused, and it seemed like eternity before one small voice called out "more." With my head still peering around the corner, I put my hand to my ear as my other hand continued to clutch my dress. A couple of more guys called out "more," and I held the dress in front of me, reappearing on stage.

The band wasn't expecting this, and I looked down at the orchestra leader, still ready to give the downbeat to the resume the music. I gave a quick shake of my head and he held off. There were a few whistles from the audience as I wrapped my leg around the dress, giving some of the audience a glimpse of the tie on my right hip and the butt cheek behind it. The whistles and shouts mounted, and I feigned shock and then delight. Finally, with a shrug of my shoulder, I put my left arm across my chest and with my right hand, dropped the dress, leaving me standing there in just my bra and thong. I nodded to the band, the music resumed and I walked off stage, establishing once and for all (at least for those on the left side of the audience) that I was indeed wearing a thong.

Another thirty seconds to slip into a multicolored strapless dress with a giant hat while the announcer told the audience we were now in Detroit and about to be treated to that rising young star, Gypsy Rose Lee. As silly as it sounds, I had more trouble getting that hat on than any other piece of clothing. So I was a few seconds late getting to center stage and coming out through the curtains, but I think that only added to the audience's anticipation. In this strip, I didn't sing but instead delivered some lines of dialog while the drum beat continued. I then turned my back to the audience and, looking over my shoulder, I lowered the zipper just to the start of my butt crack. I then faced the audience, taking off my hat and holding it front of me. I let my dress fall to the floor and kicked it away. The hat was, as I said, huge, and covered me from my neck to almost my knees. At that point, I supposed say, "What am I going to do when big hats go out." But I knew as soon as I did that, the crew would cut the lights so I could rush backstage for my final change. So instead, I just dropped the hat to the floor to give the audience their first unobstructed view of the two cups clinging to my breasts and said, "I can't wait for big hats to go out, can you?" There was a burst of applause and the lights went down, and I ran backstage.

Well, Nikki, I thought to myself, they've now seen everything that you were going to show them at the end. It's not going to be much of a finish if you don't go through with it. "It" in this case were some changes that Lorraine had first suggested when we picked up a few extra items at the lingerie store. We had discussed those changes again last night after the lukewarm audience reaction at the preview. After all, we decided, this was a show about burlesque, and burlesque was starting to make a comeback. Burlesque now had interesting ways of keeping the naughty bits covered so as not to upset the local officials. Maybe just barely covered, but covered nevertheless. Only Lorraine and I knew that I was wearing pasties under my bra and the tiniest little c-string under my thong. Just before going on tonight, Lorraine had come backstage to remind me that the decision was all mine. She declared the bra and thong "darling little things" and just what she thought we needed to give the show a little notoriety. But then, as she was leaving, she added, "but of course we could always use a little more." Translation: you could wear a little less. And she knew that I would!

So, during the change, I ripped off my bra so quickly that it actually hurt a little and I felt my nipples stiffen. Uh oh, I thought, better check to make sure those nipple covers are securely fastened, and giggled softly in spite of the tension and excitement I could feel in the air. Then I squeezed into the red dress and gloves, picked up the matching boa, and proceeded to center stage rear behind a screen that the chorus girls then turned around to reveal me. I actually heard some applause, the audience welcoming me back. I moved forward, taking command of the stage the way Gypsy Rose Lee did in her prime. I had a line telling the girls to take their apples and go back to the trees. I slid the boa off my shoulders and handed it to one of the girls, shedding one piece of protective clothing that wasn't going to be there for me if I changed my mind.

I was ready to deliver the monologue that I had read as part of my final audition, but dressed somewhat differently than I was that first night. As I began this recitation, I walked out on a runway that had been extended from the center of stage out into the audience, requiring the removal of seats from the first three rows. In rehearsals and the preview, I delivered the entire speech from the end of the runway, then return to the main stage to take off my earrings and remove the straps of my dress. Then, singing a final chorus of Let Me Entertain You, I'm supposed to unzip and unwrap the dress, holding it front of me until I reach the end of my song. By then, I should be at the left side of the stage where I can grab the curtain and pull it in front of me as I drop the dress. We'd choreographed it so I then pull the curtains closed as I move to the middle of the stage, and then quickly step back through the closed curtains to give the audience the quick peak at me in my bra and thong. But they'd already seen me in that three minutes ago, so I needed another surprise for the finale.

I walked out on the runway and began my little speech. I actually spotted a bald headed guy and he answered me back, which got a big laugh. But then, in the middle of the speech, I started to unzip my dress. Standing at the very end of the runway, three rows into the audience and a very long way from the curtain, I unwrapped the dress and delivered the line, "But at these prices I'm not a stripper, I'm an ecdysiast," stretching my arms to the ceiling as the dress fell to the ground. Uh oh, I thought, no help for me now!

The band began the music for Let Me Entertain you, but they were drowned out by the waves of applause and whistles. I stood there slowly turning as I sang, just to make sure everyone got a good view of the real Nikki. The pasties did nothing more than cover my nipples; the full curve and shape of my 34B's were there for all to see. And guys who had gotten just a glimpse of my butt earlier in the number now had plenty of time to stare. And I could see that most of them were staring, along with a surprising number of the women. When I got to the final note, the long sustained, " a real good time,

I turned to walk back to center stage and reached for ties on my hips, quickly undoing them and sliding my panties back and forth between my legs and then casually tossing them over my back and into the audience.

At first, I think many in the audience, including every single one of the farmboys, thought that I was completely naked. They had never heard of a c-string and didn't even notice the little colored end sticking up at the top of my butt crack. I turned to face the audience, and it was like being completely naked in front of hundreds of strangers. Just the tiniest little strip of white covered my most intimate area, and the nipple covers were barely the size of dollar coins. I later figured out that I had at most four square inches of material covering my entire body. The curtain closed with me still on stage, with no need for me to step behind it and then reappear. I just stood there and again slowly turned around with arms raised, acknowledging the applause and making sure everyone got one good last look before disappearing into the curtains. Last look, that is, until tomorrow night when I hoped they would be back for more.

Chapter 4: Run Of The Show

And they did come back. Our online sales picked up about 20 minutes after the end of the performance, just enough time for people to get home and turn on their computers. The only change we made was to change the type size of the label "family friendly" for the one Sunday matinee we had scheduled for next week and to add a note that said anyone who preferred to exchange their matinee tickets for an evening performance should contact the box office. We accommodated the exchanges by adding a row of folding chairs in front of the first, which now gave even more people a chance to see me close-up. I later heard that there were some guys desperate to get those "premium" seats near the runway were offering double or triple the face value for the tickets.

It was exciting to see the reviews in the local weekly as well as two daily papers from neighboring towns. I couldn't believe that one critic even went so far as to write that "Ms Morales is the perfect Louise, performing a memorable strip that indeed brings the evening the a happy ending." Did he really mean that? Was he implying that he gone home and jerked off thinking about me? The realization that I was going to be the focus of the guys in the audience each night brought my commitment to a whole other level. I went to the theater every night determined to make sure that everyone in the audience would definitely remember me!

It seemed that each night the crowd grew a little rowdier, with whistles and catcalls starting any time I appeared on stag. Finally, one night, when guys started yelling "take it off" the first time I appeared in Act One, I turned to the audience and said "give me a break guys, we gotta wait until I'm eighteen," which got a big laugh (and helped to calm things down).

I found myself feeling a little sad as we approached the third Saturday of our run, the final performance of Gypsy. And I heard from Lorraine that she and the other members of the board had been approached with so many requests for tickets that they had sold standing room only at the back of the theater. Maybe it was the added excitement of the larger audience for closing night, or maybe it was just my growing restlessness, but when I got to the theater Saturday, I approached Lorraine and the director and asked for their permission to add a reprise at the end of Let Me Entertain You.

rd75000
rd75000
837 Followers