Companions Unite Ch. 00: Prologue

Story Info
The Doctor is in trouble, only the companions can save him.
3.7k words
3
8.3k
6

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/18/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
warnos
warnos
194 Followers

This chapter is only the prologue so there will be no sex scenes in this chapter as I am setting the groundwork ready for future chapters which will have sex scenes in. I will be including the characters from the Doctor Who spinoff, The Sarah Jane Adventures. Enjoy.

*****

Prologue

In the depths of space, within the Dalek parliament the Dalek prime minster ordered the supreme Dalek to establish communication with the other members of the alliance.

" What is the meaning of this?" the cyber Leader ordered as it was faced with the Dalek prime minister and the commander of the Soltaran fleet, the Rutons, the commander of the Zygons, the data cloud where the great intelligence resigned. Along with the leader of the Ice Warriors, the nestine consciousness, The Rani (in her own TARDIS or time capsule as it is known in the Mark of the Rani), The Valeyard (Who bore a grudge against the doctor for being found not guilty during the Timelords trial), the family Slitheen (what was left after the 9th doctor destroyed them in 11 Downing street. In World war Three), the family Blithereen (the rest of the family of the blitheen, half Slitheen and Blitheen, as seen in the Sarah Jane Adventures) and the Master/Mistress (as Missy throughout the twelfth doctors adventures so far).

"THE DALEKS ARE CALLING A TRUCE WITH THE REST OF THE ALLIANCE!"

"Why should we trust you?" Missy enquired in her Scottish accent.

"WE CAN SEE THE EXTERMINATION OF THE DOCTOOOOOOR!"

"What's in this for us." General Kadak barked

"THE UNIVERSE!" the Dalek prime minister simple stated.

After some thought the Rani was the first one to reply. "Count me in." this simple response got all of the others to agree to the truce among the doctors enemies, some in their own language others in English.

"What is our plan?" The Valeyard asked.

"WE TRAP THE DOCTOR WITHIN STATIS PODS READY TO BE EXTERMINATED." The Dalek prime minister replied.

"That is the cowardly tactic for the soldiers of Soltar to follow." General Kadak uttered starting all the Soltarans on their Solt-ta-ha chant.

"Any obsolete members of the Alliance will be upgraded." The emotionless monotone voice of the cyber leader came over the communication link.

"The Soltarans will get a few doctors using our own methods so that they can be of tactical leverage for your plans Daleks." General Kadak barked before they cut the communication to the rest of the alliance.

Meanwhile on Earth in France, 1890

Before Vincent Van Gogh painted the Pandorica Opens just before he descended into madness by 19th century standards. He painted an ominous picture of all the doctors barring the 8th doctor (as he didn't encounter any of the alliance who are plotting to rid the doctor from all of time and space.) being locked in pods with a various array of weapons discharging hurtling towards the doctor.

Cabinet War Rooms, London 1941

Bracewell is walking through the cabinet war rooms as he had to bring a recently discovered picture to the Prime Minister.

"It was found behind the wall, in an attic in France. It's genuine. It's a Van Gogh." Bracewell said as he was marvelling the painting that was in front of him and the Prime Minister.

"Why bring it to me?" Winston Churchill asked Bracewell while he had his lit cigar in his mouth.

"Because it's obviously a message, and you can see who it's for." Bracewell replied.

"Can't say I understand it." Churchill quickly replied which got a speedy response from Bracewell.

"You're not supposed to understand it, Prime Minister. You're supposed to deliver it." Bracewell replied which got a roused eyebrow from Churchill.

New York City, 1948

After River finished writing Melody Malone that ends up in the doctors possession before he loses Amy and Rory. While the book is in Amelia's hands while she writes the after word, River gets a phone call on her scanner that the doctor used to find Winter Quay and stopped the angels.

"Hello." River asked.

"A new matter has arisen involving the doctor. I called his number why aren't I speaking with him?" Churchill said into his telephone in the Cabinet War rooms.

"Your phone the time vortex, doesn't always work but the TARDIS is smart. She's re-routed you, speak quickly this connection will only last a minute." River quickly said.

"A new painting has just been discovered behind a wall in France. It shows the doctor getting hit by a bolt of light along with 12 different people. The Painting is being transferred to a saver location until the time comes that it is in saver hands." Churchill was saying before the connection cut out, leaving River Song with as much as Churchill knew.

In the tower of London (The Black archive), 2015

Rivers vortex manipulator worked as smoothly as ever and she was inside the black archive controlled by UNIT. River could see many different items that was left behind by the doctors enemies or the doctor himself. River found the painting in the matter of minutes tore it from its frame, being careful not to rip it on her way looking around the room she noticed another painting.

"Time lord science." River said to herself while she was looking at the remains of the painting know as by her scanner as Gallifrey falls or No More.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A female voice rang out from behind River. River jumped and spun around immediately only to see Kate Leatherbridge-Stewart, Osgood and 4 heavily armed troops.

"How did you get in... oh a vortex manipulator similar to the one that we had donated by Captain Jack Harkness." Kate stated while transfixed on the rolled up piece of paper in Rivers hand. As the troops were loading the Gallifrey Falls No More painting onto a pushing dolly.

"Where are you taking that?" River enquired.

"To the under gallery by wishes of the curator there; also we're acting on direct orders from the doctor himself." Kate replied.

"What are you doing here?" Osgood asked after she took a breath of her inhaler.

"I came to collect a painting to take it to the doctor, he's in trouble." River answered without a hint of any other emotion besides fear.

"What's wrong?" Kate asked curious by the fear that River was showing. This prompted River to pass the painting over so that Kate and Osgood could see, as Kate unravelled the paper both her and Osgood saw the reason why the doctor is in trouble. Only then did it dawn on Kate that she didn't know who this person was even after she looked at the board full of the doctor's allies. Well a few of them.

"I am River Song the doctor's wife and who are you two?"

"I am Kate Leatherbridge-Stewart and this is Osgood. How can we help?"

"I need you two to get it to Sky news as it'll be all over the news then on earth. Then..." River said while she was observing her diary.

"... I need you to then head to this address and find Clara." River continued before writing down the address of where she jotted down where to find Clara.

River then punched in some numbers on her vortex manipulator before she disappeared leaving the painting in Kate's and Osgood's hands.

Outside the Magistrate court's in Wolverhampton, 2016

"Thank you all for coming to support me in court." Tom said to the 11th Doctor, 12th Doctor and Clara.

"No need to say thanks we're your friends you will always have us in your life." Clara said to Tom. Once she said all four of them heard the screwdrivers beep.

As both doctors took out there screwdrivers to see what it was they also heard a rubber duck noise come from there psychic papers. With the sonic screwdrivers in the two doctor's left hand they brought the psychic paper out in there right hand where the two keys were in the two psychic papers. In a blink of the eye both doctors disappeared meaning that the two sonic screwdrivers, Psychic papers and 2 keys fell to the ground. At the same time as the doctors disappeared, Tom doubled over as the pressure of having the TARDIS memory banks flood into his mind was too much to take in one go. As soon as Tom got used to it again he looked up allowing Clara to see his eyes glow for 10 seconds in the yellow that is associated with regeneration.

Both Tom and Clara picked up the doctors items that he dropped. Clara picked up the 12th doctors items and Tom picked up the 11th doctors items. Tom also pulled out his phone to turn on the sound as he had it on silent while he was in court. He then hit the button on the top of his iPhone 4s that lights up the phone so he can see what is on the home screen. He saw a sky news update revealing that there is a new Vincent Van Gogh painting brought to light. Tom swiped the notification to open sky news which revealed the painting of the doctor getting hit by energy weapons. Underneath the picture there was an article which highlighted that it was revealed last year but it had to be authenticated to see if it was a real Van Gogh painting.

Clara's mobile phone then rang as someone was calling her from and the number was unknown. "Hello." Clara said where she heard the Great Intelligence's voice where he only said one thing before the line went dead.

"Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men are near. If you hear the Whisper Men, then turn away your ear. Do not hear the Whisper men, whatever else you do. For once you've heard the Whisper Men, they'll stop and look at you." Clara thought nothing of this as the duo headed out of the court house only to be confronted by Cybermen and the great intelligence blocking off the road to the left and directly in front of them.

"We should head to the TARDIS by Costa Coffee." Tom whispered to Clara accessing the knowledge of the TARDIS banks for the closest exit route.

Clara nodded and headed with Tom past the bus depo towards Costa. They both were moving speedily down the road avoiding running as that might prompt the Cybermen to fire, though they were just moving at a steady rate. After 3 minutes they both got to the TARDIS as Tom unlocked the door, because he was the closest to the door. This made the Cybermen sped up thinking that they missed a doctor. Clara just about closed the door before the Cyberman got within touching distance.

When Clara and Tom got the door closed while Tom held it closed in an effort to keep the Cyberman out Clara locked the door buying them some time. Until one of them found the button to deadlock the door, when Tom explained what the button looked like they both searched the 12th doctors TARDIS for the button. Clara was the one who found the button which made a noise of something locking but the banging on the door from the Cybermen.

"Now what do we do?" Clara asked quickly recovering from the slight ordeal with the doctors enemies.

"There is a safe place kind of one of the doctors old companions house, we can hide there and call in UNIT along with a few others as we will need to get the doctor back." Tom said standing by the centre console.

"What about the banging on the door are we safe in here?" Clara enquired.

"We are safe if the assembled hoards of Genghis Khan couldn't get through that door, and believe me, they've tried." Tom said accessing the part of the TARDIS memory banks of when the 9th doctor said that to rose.

"How do you know that?" Clara said quite dumbfounded as this struck her as an odd thing for someone to say besides the Doctor.

"I have access to the TARDIS memory banks and the doctor said that to one of his companions in the TARDIS. Thanks to the memory banks of the TARDIS I can pilot the TARDIS to wherever we need to go and take the other TARDIS with us using a psychic tow rope."

"What do you need me to do?"

"I need you to head to the end of the console closest to you and when I say hold the switch up, it will be trying to pull downwards but hold it up with all your strength until you we land." Tom said pointing to the only switch that was up in amongst all the switches that were down. Clara nodded taking placing by the switch awaiting her cue.

Tom started setting things in motion inside the TARDIS where the groaning started to fill the centre console but it seemed to be more for show a scare tactic. The flight went smoothly and above the other TARDIS, Tom gave the word and Clara held the switch down activating the psychic tow rope. Where Tom then activated a random set of buttons within the console room once a slight clicking sound, signifying that the tow rope successfully attached itself around the other TARDIS where Tom with the TARDIS telepathic help, managed to dematerialise into the Time vortex. In a matter of minutes they appeared in the attic of 13 Bannerman Road with the other TARDIS.

"You can let go now Clara as we have landed."

"I didn't hear the wheezing sound that always comes with the TARDIS."

"That's because I silenced it as we don't want to startle the people outside." With this the duo left the TARDIS to be confronted with River song, Rani, Clyde, Luke, K-9, Kate and Osgood along with Mr Smith as though they were waiting for the TARDIS's to come.

"Who the hell are you?" Rani demanded expecting the Doctor to emerge.

"Now Rani that's no way to greet someone you can trust." Luke countered.

"Would you mind explaining what's going on starting with the painting?" River said calmly to Tom and Clara.

Half an hour later after Tom had explained everything including the times that he met the doctor.

"So we have to go up against most of the doctors enemies?" Kate asked.

"Yes though we have two TARDISes and we have a pilot so we could split our forces to cover more ground." River quickly replied.

"So what's the plan?" Clyde asked.

"We are getting an army together to save the doctor. Of current and previous companions, Mr Smith can you monitor every other space craft besides the TARDIS in the surrounding area of this building?" Tom replied using the TARDIS memory banks to a portion of its potential.

"Monitoring the surrounding area for any spikes in any of the known energy sources." Mr Smith reported.

"So how are we going to get the companions?" Clara asked.

Tom spoke with the TARDIS telepathically where after 20 seconds another person appeared though it was using the image of IDRIS who had the TARDIS matrix in her when the doctor battled against house (as seen in the Doctor's Wife episode).

"Who is this?" Rani asked backing away slightly from the new visitor.

"It's the TARDIS interface as the TARDIS is the longest companion of the doctor so she should have a input on what we do for the plan." Tom simple said answering the question.

"I am detecting the presence of Gallifreyans in the immediate area." The TARDIS interface informed the people in the attic.

"Ok we need to get ready to go, Clara, K-9, Rani and Luke you're with me in the 12th Doctors TARDIS, River you take the others in the 11th Doctors TARDIS. Mr Smith can you transfer yourself to a laptop so they cannot get you?" While everyone besides Tom got into the TARDISes fearing the worse from this announcement.

"I can but I regret I need 5 minutes to do it." Mr Smith replied.

"I will stall keep the door open though Clara so if I need to run I can get straight into the TARDIS." Tom said hearing Clara agree while the door was open.

As the bell rung on the door, Tom headed down the stairs from the attic to stall at the door. When Tom got to the door he opened it only to see Missy and another lady though Tom didn't recognise the lady the psychic link with the TARDIS revealed that it was another time lady known as the Rani.

"Can I help you?" Tom asked genuinely curious

"We had complaints from the neighbours about a loud noise, May we come in?" Missy asked pretending to be a figure of authority.

"We could just talk out here on the doorstep, it's a nice day." Tom said trying to defuse the situation a bit while attempting to close the door subtly. Before Missy or the Rani could say anything a squad of 4 Soltarans teleported in from there ship.

While Missy and the Rani were occupied with the sudden intrusion, Tom took the time to close the door which he did do. He then soniced the door adding a layer of defence onto the metal lock, once he put the sonic screwdriver in his pocket he ran up the stairs, however as soon as Tom reached the door to the attic an energy bolt hit the door disintegrating it on contact. As the Soltaran squad flooded in with swiftness to the house Tom quietly closed the attic door where the TARDIS was waiting. Tom quickly soniced the lock on the attic door buying them a few seconds, it wouldn't take them long to head up to the attic. As Tom looked at the screen where Mr Smith was located he saw it was 100% complete.

As Tom stepped into the TARDIS the doors immediately closed behind him and with no one touching the console the TARDIS engines started up meaning it was taking flight. A second after dematerialisation the TARDIS interface came back within the TARDIS console room. "I've took the TARDIS into the time vortex where we are pretty safe." IDRIS announced settling any confusion that might have arose.

"Thank you." Tom said.

"What do we do now?" Rani enquired.

"We need to get in touch with river and Kate." Clara replied to Rani's question.

"Mistress is right." K-9 chipped in.

IDRIS connected to the 11th doctors TARDIS both of which were in the Time Vortex all be it stationary. When rivers face appeared on the scanner and vice versa from rivers point of view. Both TARDISes speakers were on so that the other members in the TARDIS could hear the conversation.

"Glad to see that you made it out of there in one piece." River said as she could see Tom's face.

"Thanks to IDRIS, we made it out." Tom replied.

"Who's IDRIS?"

"The spirit of the TARDIS. Long story that the doctor did with Amy and Rory."

"So what do we do now?"

"We need to get some companions together though I have a portion of a plan thanks to the TARDIS memory banks. Both of which will mean that we are exposing ourselves though first thing first I need the use the Matter transporter in one of the rooms in the TARDIS so we can head to the Shadow Proclamation to get the order removed by the Judoon on Rani and Clyde. All I can hope is that the doctor can remove the order before they are attacked by the alliance."

"What! The Doctor is trapped within the alliance. How are you going to get him out?"

"By altering the Matter Transporter I can reverse the polarity of the Soltaran device that the 3rd doctor kept from Lynx. Since the Soltarans took two of the doctors as I briefly saw the image of a Soltaran when the 11th and 12th doctor disappeared."

"Won't that signal them to what is happening?"

"It will so it's a one shot deal and the other part of the plan I have at the moment is your team go to recruit the 8th doctor as on the photo Vincent painted, doesn't show the 8th doctor. Probably due to the fact that he didn't go on many adventures before regenerating."

"Leave that to us but that would be a tip off?" Clyde interjected into the conversation.

"Not necessarily, if River knows the console then with the TARDISes help. You could make the TARDIS bigger and materialise around the 8th doctors TARDIS as it's in the vortex now." Tom said using a portion of the TARDISes memory banks.

"That seems plausible... OH you mean use the current TARDIS to mask the signature so it doesn't tip off the alliance." River said before she twigged what Tom's plan was. Before River turned off the scanner to go and do the part of the plan.

While Tom informed everyone of what the device looked like as they went off within the TARDIS to try and find the device. Both Tom and Clara went to look in the doctors room where all the nostalgic memories for him were kept. After 5 minutes of searching the doctors room they found the device.

warnos
warnos
194 Followers
12