Computer Geek Ch. 08

Story Info
Are you spying on me?
5.9k words
4.72
43.5k
27

Part 8 of the 13 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 03/20/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ada Stuart
Ada Stuart
3,226 Followers

Later that same morning, Scott drove Kate to work before he headed home to catch a shower and change his clothes. He laughed heartily at the fact.

"I'm lucky I didn't have a meeting this morning."

"You could always have attended wearing that nice suit."

"No, they will see right through me, so unless you want to go public with our relationship...," he paused a little.

"No, not yet," she intervened. "I want to keep it between us for now. Just drop me off at the corner, will you?"

"Carl knows about us already."

"How? Have you told him?"

"No need. That old devil can see right through me. It's just a matter of time before the others catches up."

"Still, I would like to keep it private for now."

"As you wish, honey," he smiled as he stopped the car. Turning towards her, his lips met hers with a hungry insistence that made her moan in reply. He broke off with a soft sigh. "We're here. So, get to work before anyone catches us smooching in the car."

"It's your loss," she taunted him.

"I know. Now go, before I change my mind," he threatened.

"See you later," Kate laughed as she got out of the car and walked around the corner to their office.

Just as she passed the front door, her mobile started ringing. She looked at the number. It was her father.

"Hi dad," she replied as she hurried toward her office.

"I have some news from the detective."

"Just wait a moment. I'm nearly at my office." She went inside and closed the door firmly behind her before sitting down. She wasn't really sure whether she wanted to hear this. "I'm ready," she said with more concern than she wanted.

"It's nothing bad at all," Warren assured her. "It's just a little weird."

"Weird? How?"

"Well, this young man of yours inherited a lot of money from his grandfather a few years back."

"He did?" She remembered very clearly Scott telling her he wasn't rich.

"Most of it is still in the bank or invested in what I would consider safe papers. But, the rest of it seems to be invested in several businesses."

"So what's weird about that?"

"Well, he owns the companies but only as a silent partner and hidden behind an investment company. He doesn't seem to care about running his own companies. Not even the one he works in."

"I know. He told me about that."

"He told you? Did he give a reason?"

"He said he wanted to do what he liked best and leave the business dealings to someone else."

"Hmm, well, he seems to have made the right decision in choosing his CEO's. All the businesses are large success stories. I've never seen anything like it."

"You mean it's too good to be true?"

"I didn't say that. But, either he's a very lucky man or he's much more than a silent partner and a good businessman as well."

"He's rich then?"

"Absolutely. If you only judge by what he has in the bank, he's worth millions. Not to mention what his companies must be worth. Know what? I really like this guy."

"Daddy, don't say that."

"Why not?"

"I can never date a guy that my father approves of. Where's the rebellion in that? "

***

Scott were sitting at the restaurant table, writing the last few details from the lunch meeting on his laptop. The client had insisted on having their meeting over lunch and Scott didn't mind. The deal was the largest the firm had ever had and the client only wanted to discuss some new features he wanted in the solution they were creating for him.

Now, all Scott had to do was to come up with design solutions about how to incorporate the features, and of course a time estimate. There would be no problem with that as long as he managed to keep his thoughts far away from a certain female programmer.

He'd had some difficulties concentrating lately, and he knew exactly who to blame for it. He almost laughed at himself, knowing he had a large share of that blame right at his own door. Not that he felt bad about it or complained in any way. Not at all. Throwing away his inhibitions and going for what he wanted had resulted in more pleasurable experiences than he could ever have imagined.

He knew he had pushed her hard and at every corner he had worried that she might flee and avoid him like a plague. Instead he had uncovered a hidden treasure that threatened to consume him and burn him into ashes. He didn't know where they would end up, but he feared the happiness would be short-lived.

Either way, he would do everything in his power to keep her beside him, no matter how many laws he had to break in the process. He laughed louder now. He must be completely insane. This was not like him. Usually he was calm and collected around women as they flung themselves in his path and annoyed the hell out of him with their expensive outfits and their passion for his money.

A few times he had trusted and believed that the woman was more interested in him than his money, but every time he had discovered that the money was more important. His last fiancée had dumped him as soon as she caught a glimpse of a wealthier man, not knowing that Scott kept most of his fortune safely hidden away.

He had learned from bad experiences that most people could be vultures when it came to money. He should know, since he had grown up that way and thinking that power and money could get you anywhere. And it could, as long as all you wanted was more of both. Happiness was a different matter. In order to find happiness he needed something else. Something more and he thought he had finally found that.

Scott was so lost in thoughts that he didn't notice the man before he sat down in front of him.

"Scott Ashton, I presume?" The grey-haired man asked in a commanding voice as if he was used to being obeyed. He wore an expensive suit that seemed tailor-made.

"Who are you?" Scott demanded, angry at the interruption.

"We have a common acquaintance. Kate."

"Ah. You're her father."

"You have a quick mind."

"I don't see any resemblance."

"Luckily, Kate inherited her mother's good looks," the grey-haired man said truthfully.

The man seemed faintly familiar, Scott thought, as he stared at the stranger.

"What is your name?"

"Warren Russel," the man introduced himself and they shook hands.

"Ah, so Carl was right, after all."

"About what?"

"About you being her father."

"Does it bother you?"

"No, why should it?" Scott lied easily. Warren smiled as if he knew exactly how he felt. "What are you doing here?"

"I just felt like meeting the man that has my daughter all twisted up in a knot."

"How did you know about me?"

"Kate asked me to check up on you."

"She did? What for?"

"A background check. She's become more careful over the years."

Scott was beginning to get angry. Why didn't she trust him? Instead she had involved her father to dig through his past.

"What did you find out?"

"Nothing that I didn't know already. I've been keeping my eye on you ever since Kat got the job. I ordered a background check on all your employees before Kate started working at your firm. You were the most interesting of the lot, and it seems my daughter figured that one out as well."

"You've planted a spy among my staff?"

"Of course. Your office walls are quite thin, by the way."

Scott felt his temper rise.

"That's none of your business," Scott snarled.

"That's my daughter you're fucking on your desk, buddy. And I won't tolerate you hurting her."

"Have you installed hidden cameras as well?" Scott asked icily.

"Relax, big guy," Warren suddenly laughed. "You sound just like my nephew and are just as easily ignited as he is."

"Just tell your spy to cover his ears the next time."

"Maybe you should consider taking your lovemaking somewhere else? I don't need all the juicy details in my reports." Warren laughed again. "Although, Kate seems to enjoy what you're doing so that's all I need to know. "

"Does she know about this spy?"

"No. She thinks it was her idea to investigate you, so I gave her an overview of your businesses and hidden wealth. She was pleasantly surprised, and slightly annoyed that I recommended you."

Scott breathed a sigh of relief. She didn't know the worst then. Good.

"Why are you telling me this? Are you trying to warn me off?"

"Not at all. I was just curious as to what sort of man you were."

"Don't lie, old man. You don't think I'm good enough for your daughter."

"Which father would? Trust me, you'll feel the same when you're a father yourself."

"I doubt it."

Warren just smiled knowingly. It annoyed the hell out of Scott that this old man seemed to know everything about him, even his inner thoughts.

"What makes you so sure I'm not a father already?" Scott challenged the other man.

"You're too careful for that, especially with those extra thick condoms that you tend to prefer."

"Maybe I've forgotten to use them once in a while?" Scott tried to force a reaction from Kate's father.

"Have you? Good. It's about time we've had some grandchildren in our family. Only, maybe you should tell Kate about it."

"It was her idea."

"Wonderful. I knew you would be right for each other," Warren smiled gleefully as he rose from his seat and prepared to leave. "Oh, one more thing though." Warren seemed to remember something important. "I think you should tell her about your grandfather's will."

"I already have."

"The last clause, as well?" Warren asked. Scott only stared at him, trying to hide his shock. "I thought so. Either you tell her, or I will."

It sounded like a threat, Scott thought.

"She doesn't need to know," Scott snarled.

"Yes, she does."

"She will hate me."

"Not necessarily. Not if she learns about it before she marries you. As I said, either you tell her or I will. You have a week."

With that last threat hanging in the air between them, Warren excused himself and walked out of the restaurant and into a waiting car. His driver sped off instantly as Scott followed the black Mercedes with his eyes.

One week, that was all the time he had left before doom would come. He doubted Warren's belief that Kate would still want him after his revelations.

***

After returning to work, Scott decided it was time he attacked his problem straight on. Knocking on Kate's office door, he barged inside as soon as he heard her respond.

"What's going on?" she wondered as he closed the door behind him. She was removing her earpieces as she had obviously been absorbed in her programming. "This is not the best time, Scott. The project manager has demanded that I finish this code today or he'll get really pissed," she teased him.

"You can have an extra day," he intervened.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked as she seemed to grasp that he was ill at ease.

"I've just met your father."

"My father?" she barely whispered. "What for?"

"He was checking up on me. Wanting to know if I was the right man for his little girl."

"Oh no. That's so typical of him. Don't mind him."

"He told me some interesting news as well."

"Like what?"

"That you've ordered my background checked. Do you seriously think that I've been lying to you?"

"No."

"Then why did you do it?" Scott had raised his voice now.

"Do we really need to have this conversation here?" Kate asked as she glanced at the door. Several colleagues where looking at them through the glass door with curiosity.

"No, I'll come to your apartment later." Scott said as he stormed out again, wanting to say so much more, but he wasn't sure he could prevent himself from kissing her senseless, making her submit to his touch as she had before.

***

Kate stared after him as he practically stormed out of her office, making her door slam against the wall. He didn't seem to notice at all. She jumped up and caught the door before it slammed back against the frame.

What was wrong with him?

"What's up with him?" Brian suddenly asked from beside her.

She shook her head.

"You tell me," Kate said as she stared at the direction where Scott had gone. "Talk about being ill-tempered, and all because I teased him about being a slave driver. Now I really have to complete that code today."

"Are you sure that's all there's to it?" Brian wondered suspiciously.

"He didn't make much sense to tell the truth."

"He's been acting like a beast lately," another programmer intervened. "I've never seen him angry before, and now it happens daily."

"He's probably got his cock in a knot over some woman," Brian suggested. "Maybe he should have joined us last week at the strip club." He laughed heartily.

The other programmers seemed to agree as they all laughed heartily.

"Or better yet, send him to the local whorehouse," one of the others suggested.

"Men. You always seem to think that a little cock dipping can cure almost everything -- even cancer, I suppose," Kate interrupted.

"You have nothing to lose by trying," Brian replied, causing massive laughter.

"Sure, right. You just go ahead and believe that. I have a date with Peter, fixing that code," Kate interceded.

"Peter?" Brian wondered.

"My computer."

"You've named your computer?" Brian asked in shock.

"Of course. Haven't you? Besides, his logic is so simply, he has to be male."

"My computer is definitely female," another programmer intervened. "Most of the time, she doesn't make sense."

"Maybe you should read the manual?" Kate suggested.

She heard the others laugh and the discussion went on behind her as she closed her door to complete the task Scott had given her earlier.

***

Scott finally entered her apartment later that evening. Kate had walked around worrying how he might react to the news Warren had given him. She had tried to phone her father to ask him what he had said, but he was away on business and wasn't answering his mobile. Avoiding her, more likely.

Scott gave her a slight kiss on the mouth, but his mind seemed to be occupied with something else, as the kiss felt only half-hearted. They sat down in separate chairs, father away from each other than they had ever been when they were alone. Something was definitely wrong here and it scared the hell out of her. Was their relationship to end this soon? She took a deep breath and flung herself into it.

"What's going on, Scott?"

"I met your father today."

"Yes, you said so earlier. Look, I'm sorry that I put the detective on your tail. I just thought I'd be more cautious this time so I wouldn't be fooled again."

"Again?"

"I'm the daughter of a billionaire. What do you think?"

"I'm not angry."

"You seem to be."

"I'm just disappointed, that's all. That you felt the need to double check everything I said."

"I've trusted men in the past. Not all were what they seemed. I seem to remember that you have similar experiences with women."

"Yes, but I've never got them investigated. I used my instincts."

"Well, lucky you to have such good instincts. I don't."

"It's okay, Kate. I understand," Scott intervened.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"So, what else is bothering you?"

"Your father has planted a spy among our colleagues."

"A spy? What's there to spy on?"

"What do you think? Warren gets detailed reports of us fucking on my desk or any other places we might choose, claiming that the walls are too thin."

Kate blushed deeply.

"He knows about that? How dare he monitor my lovelife? No wonder he's not answering his mobile when I call him."

"He said something else also."

"Who's the spy?" she interrupted him before he could speak his next sentence.

"I don't know yet. That's what I'm trying to figure out so I can fire him."

"At least you know he's a man."

"Yes, but there's still nineteen to choose from."

"Does it matter?"

"What?"

"Who the spy is?"

"What do you mean?"

"It must be someone we meet daily and work with. A friend."

"All the more reason to find him and fire him. I will go around suspecting every one of them all the time until I know. Wondering what I can tell or not tell about the business and my personal life."

"Okay, I see what you mean. Why don't we ask Warren to pull him out?"

Scott just laughed. "He won't do that. Not when he has an informant planted right in the middle of the action. Besides, Warren has more material to threaten me with."

"Threaten?"

"Yes, I have to tell you a big secret or he will tell you himself by the end of this week."

"What secret?" She could see he was trying to avoid her eyes and he suddenly seemed so embarrassed. "You don't have to tell me. Just wait for Warren to do it."

"No," Scott said as he straightened his shoulders and leaned his elbows on his knees. "I won't spend another day dreading the result. It had better come from me."

"Dreading what? You're scaring me here," Kate said as she leaned closer to him and placed her hand on his knee. He practically jumped, but let her hand stay where it was. "Are you dumping me?" Kate asked with more calm than she had expected.

"Dumping you? No, of course I won't. It's more likely you would be dumping me."

"Is that so? Let me hear it then."

He took a deep breath as if preparing to skydive into the unknown.

"I wasn't entirely truthful about my grandfather's legacy." He looked at her as if to check if she was listening. Of course she was giving him all her attention and she nodded in encouragement. "He left me the house and a lot of money, but on certain conditions."

"What conditions?"

"There's a long list of them involving that I have to keep the staff, pay them a reasonable amount and give them pensions when they retire. There are stipulations about what to do or not do with the land and so on. I won't bore you with the details. But...the last stipulation concerns my personal life."

"Meaning?"

"I have to marry for love before my thirty-fifth birthday. Otherwise I will lose it all."

"All?"

"Yes, the entire inheritance."

"How medieval. Is it really allowed to dictate your life like that?"

"Yes, the lawyers have discussed it back and forth and concluded that my grandfather could set as many demands as he would wish. He only had to give me a small sum and the rest would end up in charity."

"And you need this money?"

"It's not the money that worries me. I have earned enough to live comfortably for a long time. No, it's the family house that concerns me the most. I want to keep it, and I could need the extra cash to maintain it."

"So when is your thirty-fifth birthday?"

"In a month's time."

"A month? You don't have much time then."

"No, I don't. Which leads me to the point of this sorry tale."

She stared at him, not understanding what he was trying to say. At the same time, he sat down on his right knee in front of her. A cold dread went through her body as she saw him reach for her hand.

"Will you marry me, Kate?"

"What? You can't be serious."

"I most certainly am," he smiled as he retrieved a small expensive looking box from his jacket and handed it to her.

"I can't accept that," she protested.

"Please have a look at it," he tempted.

She opened the small box and stared at the beautiful diamond ring that shone at her.

"Why me?" she managed to gasp, wondering if all her fantasies were coming true or if this was the worst sort of nightmare. "You've only known me for a couple of months."

"I like you. I like talking to you and I think we have a common interest: computers."

"You've planned this?" she asked as in a trance.

"At first, yes. I knew I needed a wife and quickly."

"You seduced me on purpose? You had it all planned from the start?"

"I was desperate. But after a while it was me that was being seduced. You turned my world upside down and reversed our roles. "

Ada Stuart
Ada Stuart
3,226 Followers
12