Condom Use

Story Info
The ins and outs of condom usage.
809 words
4.25
89.1k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Here is some information for dummies like myself about one of the most important things involved in sex -- a condom!

What is a condom?

Condoms are sheaths of thin latex or plastic worn on the penis during intercourse. And they are available dry or lubricated. Sometimes they are called rubbers, gloves, safes, or jimmies. They reduce the risk of sexually transmitted infection. They are also effective over-the-counter, barrier methods of reversible birth control.

How do condoms work?

Condoms collect semen before, during, and after a man ejaculates ("comes"/ cums). This can keep sperm from entering the vagina.

Condoms are so effective at preventing pregnancy and disease transmission that they've take up permanent residence in bedside tables and wallets across the world. They're easy to obtain and easy to put on. Keep in mind that most condoms don't break because they're defective, but because they're used incorrectly. So whether you're new to condom use or have had a problem with breakage, brush up on these tips for putting on a condom correctly.

Handle condoms gently. Store them in a cool, dry place. Long exposure to air, heat, and light makes them more breakable. Do not stash them continually in a back pocket, wallet, or glove compartment.

Lubricate the inside and outside of the condom. (Many condoms are pre-lubricated.)

Lubrication helps prevent rips and tears, and it increases sensitivity. Use water-based lubricants, such as K-Y jelly or AstroGlide, or silicone-based lubricants, such as Eros, with latex condoms. Oil-based lubricants like petroleum jelly, cold cream, butter, or mineral and vegetable oils damage latex.

Remember — Practice Makes Perfect.

Put the condom on before the penis touches the vulva. Men leak fluids from their penises before and after ejaculation. Pre-ejaculate ("pre-cum") can carry enough sperm to cause pregnancy.

The Steps To Putting A Condom On Right!

1. Look on the condom package for the expiration date. If the date has passed, use a fresh condom. Also, don't use condoms that are brittle or have been exposed to heat or sun.

2. Take care opening the package, as fingernails and teeth can rip the condom. Tear open the package from the corner with your fingers.

3. Wait till the penis is erect before putting on a condom.

4. Check to see which way the condom unrolls, and put a couple of drops of lube on the surface that will be touching the penis. Centre it over the penis so that it will unroll properly (think of how a carpet unrolls).

5. Pinch the small pucker in the middle of the disk of the rolled up condom. Squeeze it shut to prevent air bubbles, and hang onto the top inch of the condom while you place the condom on the head of the penis. If the penis is uncircumcised, pull the foreskin back. Once the shaft is covered, push the foreskin forward (toward the tip). This lets the foreskin move without breaking the condom.

6. Unroll the condom down the shaft, squeezing the air out as you go. Air bubbles are a common cause of condom breakage. Be sure to cover the whole length of the shaft to prevent semen from leaking out.

7. Often the condom will turn out to be longer than the penis you are putting it on. That leaves a ring of rolled up latex at the base of the penis that does not stretch as easily as unrolled latex, and can constrict the penis. When guys say that all the condoms they have tried are too small for them, many times this problem is what they are referring to. If you scoot the condom up along the shaft and unroll it completely at the base, you can then scootch it back down so it's more like a scrunched-up sock than a hard rubber ring, and thus is less restrictive.

How to safely take off a condom

• Pull out before the penis softens.

• Don't spill the semen — hold the condom against the base of the penis while you pull out.

• Throw the condom away.

• Wash the penis with soap and water before embracing again.

If you are like me and embarrassed to go out and buy condoms and lube or anything and some young kid or someone older, do what I do. Go to a store where you can use the checkout operator yourself. Department stores have created checkout operators where you do everything yourself. From an ex-checkout chick, if you happen to get a security sticker (one that is like a barcode but doesn't scan), rub it on the scanner. This saves you total embarrassment as you are exiting the store and the beeps go off. Or go onto adult websites. Use only authenticated ones that have the https: url at the beginning and a gold padlock at the very bottom of the page.