Condonation

Story Info
Husband and wife finally discuss the elephant in the room.
5.1k words
2.3
70.8k
47
46
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The first clue was the blow job. A blow job was always the first clue. Perhaps he had become resigned to the situation, but David was enjoying the blowjob far too much to become angered by the implications. The videotape of DEEP THROAT which had been a frequent guilty pleasure when he was a teenager had inspired an obsession. For nearly two decades David had endured Doreen's adamant refusal to do more than just tentatively kiss or lick his penis. In recent months his wife had suddenly become eager to pleasure him orally.

The blow job didn't cease when it became evident that David was about to climax. This time Doreen actually took his penis even deeper into her mouth so that her nose was nuzzling his graying pubic hair! It seemed as if she finally might be willing to allow him to cum in her mouth! David ceased his efforts to restrain himself. His wife didn't become angry or even try to pull away as his first spurt of semen erupted. She continued to suck his cock until his ejaculation subsided.

David waited anxiously to see if Doreen might finally fulfill his ultimate fantasy. She hesitated for several moments before swallowing his semen.

David remained passive as his wife kissed her way up his belly and chest. Reluctant to kiss his wife so soon after he had filled her mouth with semen, David averted his lips from hers. She was obviously disappointed but not angered. She responded by moving up to offer her bountiful breasts to her husband.

The second clue was Doreen's bruised beasts. As David began to feast on her womanly flesh, he noticed the fresh hickies and even bite marks on her tits. Perhaps it was guilt about his eagerness to accept yet another blow job, but he once again refrained from questioning her about the blemishes. She giggled coquettishly as he sucked on one swollen nipple then the other before squeezing her big tits together so that he could suck on both nipples at the same time.

After allowing her husband his fun, Doreen gradually shifted position so that he was kissing his way down her soft, gently rounded belly. David knew what his wife wanted. She had always cherished his eagerness to pleasure her orally. Only in recent months had she became so assertive, perhaps even demanding about it.

The third clue was the aroma. This time the nuances were not as subtle as before.

The fourth clue was the tiny globules of sticky, half dried, white fluid that clung to her lush growth of trimmed but unshaven pubic hair nearest to her labia.

The fifth clue was the flavor. For a moment David was tempted to rebel. However; the specter of provoking an argument that might end their marriage compelled his silence. He reminded himself that it was far from the first time. It was merely the first time that the evidence had been so obvious. David was suddenly overcome by the belated realization that Doreen's most recent transgression had occurred at most only a few hours earlier. He surmised that the event might have even occurred while he was on the flight home from his two week long business trip.

David's humiliation did not dissuade him from pleasuring his wife orally. On the contrary, the undeniable evidence that he was once again competing for her affections inspired him to be extraordinarily diligent in his efforts to pleasure her. He continued to minister to her sex with his lips and tongue as her body convulsed in orgasm. He brought her to a second climax then a third.

Only the realization that his erection was reviving with unaccustomed firmness dissuaded David from continuing. He shifted position to kiss his way back up Doreen's belly. She responded by sliding her hips down his torso so he could reach her breasts.

After feasting again on Doreen's breasts with unusual vigor, David rolled her over so that he was between her thighs. As his penis sought her sex she interrupted him to ask, "aren't you forgetting something?" Her glance at his nightstand eliminated any doubt about what she was referring to.

"I forgot to buy condoms again," David lied. He had actually noticed some in the store at the airport. He had exploited the exorbitant markup as an excuse to not buy any.

"Okay," his wife giggled. "I guess I can trust you to pull out. But you have to be extra careful. I'm still a day or two to early in my cycle to risk you being careless."

David eagerly plunged his penis into the welcoming wet warmth of Doreen's sex. The exquisite sensation of his naked flesh inside her which had become taboo after their youngest was born had once again become familiar in recent months. The sensation was all the more arousing because David knew that their coupling was being lubricated by more than just Doreen's vaginal secretions. This knowledge made it impossible for him to restrain himself.

For a moment, the primal instinct to inseminate his unfaithful wife was almost irresistible. David struggled with the temptation to not pull out. He even rationalized that he would not be betraying his wife if he waited until he was starting to ejaculate or at least spray his semen into her pubic hair. However; the prospect that his wife would become more diligent about using condoms again compelled him to pull out to spill his seed safely on her belly.

The husband and wife laid together, cuddling as they savored the afterglow from their most recent lovemaking. The semen from their coupling made their flesh both sticky and slippery.

David finally broke their silence by saying, "sorry. I should have been able to last longer."

Doreen's voice revealed her disappointment and frustration, but there was no hint of the resentment and anger that had until recent months provoked so many arguments. "It's okay. You were even more generous than usual with foreplay. I know more than a few wives who would be grateful if their husbands had your talented tongue."

Their casually candid conversation about their less than fully satisfying lovemaking was inspiring. Their cuddling escalated to kissing which David fantasized might somehow escalate to round three. However; his stubbornly flaccid penis attested to his age and waning virility. Sensing his frustration, Doreen finally assured him, "twice in one night is pretty good for a man your age. We can try again in the morning or tomorrow night. There is always Sunday."

The couple retired to their bathroom where they showered together. As David lathered, scrubbed then rinsed Doreen's back, he found himself wondering how in recent years they had allowed themselves to cease indulging in this simple, sensual pleasure. They toweled each other dry then got dressed for bed. With two teenagers and a younger child in grade school, sleeping nude together was no longer an option.

As David buttoned his pajamas, he noticed the pair of stockings and a garter belt that were drying on a towel on the counter as well as the pantyhose on the top of the pile in the hamper. Doreen had been wearing her usual office attire of a skirt and blouse when she picked him up at the airport. However; her boss had reduced her to a four day work week, giving her Fridays off. David had been to eager to make love to his wife to consider the implications of her wearing a nice blouse and skirt. Now he wondered if she had been trying to deceive or at least distract him, or just look nice for him. He realized that it had probably been both.

Although David was jetlagged and exhausted from his return home, sleep eluded him. The sensation of laying on a nearly dried stain on the sheets that he was almost certain was not his own provoked suspicions that his wife had once again defiled their marital bed. After struggling to remain still if not calm until he was certain that she was asleep, he quietly arose from their bed. He retrieved the pantyhose from the hamper and was not surprised to discover a still damp, whitish stain in the fabric of the crotch. It was really unnecessary to use the test kit which he kept hidden at the back of his drawer. The unneeded ritual confirmed that the stain was semen.

For some reason, the irrefutable confirmation that his wife had once again been cheating on him during his absence relieved David's turmoil. He went back to bed to spoon up behind his sleeping wife. He was still contemplating the implications of the garter belt and stockings as well as the semen stained pantyhose as he drifted off to sleep.

David awoke to the aroma of something wonderful cooking in the kitchen. He rushed down stairs to find his wife preparing his breakfast. He noticed that she had not put a robe on over her nightgown. The thin cotton fabric was not risqué, but it failed to obscure her generous curves. He could easily discern the impressions of her big nipples as well as little bumps on her large, dark aurolaes through the white fabric. For a moment David wondered about how his perceptions of his wife had changed in recent months. He no longer thought of her as fat or even zaftig. She had become merely voluptuous to his eye. He was shocked by the epiphany that the knowledge that he was competing with another man for her affections had inspired a renewed appreciation for her womanly charms.

Eventually; David's nose asserted itself. He took notice of the bacon on the griddle and the coffee that was brewing, but his attention was drawn to the oven. His wife was cooking something truly wonderful! A glance in the oven window confirmed that Doreen was cooking him a Dutch Baby Pancake!

David snuggled up behind his wife to hug her. He playfully rubbed his reviving erection against he butt through the cotton fabric of her nightgown. He exploited the fact that their young son was distracted by the cartoon on the television to playfully squeeze her breasts.

Doreen glanced nervously at their son to assure herself that the child was distracted, but she didn't swat David's hands away. She allowed her husband to continue massaging and squeezing her breasts while keeping a wary eye on their son. She was bemused to feel David's reviving erection pressing against her butt cheeks.

David asked, "are you up for round three?"

"It would be fun," Doreen conceded. "However; I put a lot of work into your breakfast and you have a Tee-time scheduled with Judge Erwin."

David was sobered by the reminder. Hank Erwin was one of his best friends, but Hank was also a District Court Judge. He had invited Hank to go golfing because he needed advice. The pleasure of massaging Doreen's breasts while he rubbed his swollen penis against her inspired uncertainty and regret. He was tempted to cancel the golf game. He remained indecisive until Doreen poured him a cup of coffee.

The breakfast was wonderful. David had time to linger over coffee before he had to get dressed to go golfing. As he lugged his golf bag out of the garage and loaded it into his car, he noticed that it was getting heavier. He found himself contemplating the luxury of renting a golf cart, but that would defeat the justification for the game. He was already contending with a growing gut and the players who used carts almost inevitably became obese.

David restricted himself to talking about inconsequential subjects until Hank had teed off for the eighteenth hole. As he was setting up his own ball he finally said, "I need a referral to a good divorce attorney."

Hank's reply was an amazingly calm question. "Why do you want to divorce Doreen?"

"I need to divorce her because she has been cheating on me," David answered.

"What makes you think that your wife is cheating on you? Have you caught her in the act or hired a private detective who found evidence?"

"No. I haven't done those things," David replied. "I have just noticed the... er... evidence."

Hank remained amazingly calm and casual as he asked, "by evidence, you mean just bruises or truly incriminating evidence such as another man's semen on her clothes or in her pubic hair?"

David had to fight back tears as he swallowed his pride before he could answer, "yes. I mean bruises as well as another man's semen. I have found it on her pantyhose, our bed sheets as well as in her pubic hair."

"For how long have you been noticing the evidence?"

"I started noticing it just a few months ago," David explained. "However; in hindsight I realize that the evidence had probably been there but I had been to naïve to notice for a several months. I suspect that the first time might have been about half a year ago when Doreen had to attend her employer's Holiday party alone because I was out of town. She didn't come home that night and claimed that she slept at Sarah's house because she was too drunk to drive. I was foolish enough to believe her. However; a few weeks later Sarah's husband told me about how they had stayed the night at the hotel to enjoy some time away from their children. I rationalized that it was just a one time lapse in judgement brought on by too much booze. I even reasoned that I was partially to blame because I had been neglecting her. I decided that I should forgive my wife for succumbing to temptation and that it would be best if I didn't confront her about it."

David glanced behind them to see how the group behind them was doing. They hadn't even made it to the Tee for the seventeenth hole so they had time to talk without annoying anyone. He continued, "I started noticing evidence that Doreen was continuing to cheat on me back in April. I didn't confront her because I had been hoping that my wife would come to her senses if I allowed her infidelity to run its course, but she hasn't."

David was disappointed when Hank offered no advice or a referral, and asked no more questions. David responded by driving his Golf ball. It was without a doubt the best shot he had made in his life. The two men watched in amazement as his ball sailed down the fairway to land on the putting green, narrowly missing one of the people who were playing in front of them. Their amazement escalated to astonishment as they watched the ball roll across the putting green and fall into the cup.

"Congratulations! You just made a hole in one. Now you have to buy everyone at the clubhouse a drink. That includes me," Hank cheerfully demanded.

No more was said about Doreen's infidelities as Hank played his own ball down the fairway to the putting green with two more strokes that put him on par for the course. The only evidence that suggested that he might be contemplating David's dilemma was his need for two more strokes on the putting green to sink his ball into the cup.

David acquiesced as Hank led the way to the clubhouse and into the bar. Fortunately; the bar was not crowded so celebrating his hole in one cost him less than two hundred dollars. Even that price provoked quiet speculation that some golfers made a hole in one more often than they were willing to admit too.

Hank then led the way to the locker room. David was not in the habit of showering at the clubhouse before going home after a game, but he was sweaty enough to be grateful that he kept a spare set of clothes in his locker just in case. The two men remained silent as they stripped down and showered. The silence continued as Hank led them to the hot tub where they soaked their aching muscles.

Hank finally renewed their conversation after they were settled into the privacy of the sauna. "This might seem like an impertinent or even impolite question, but how recently do you think Doreen has cheated on you?"

"Yesterday afternoon," David replied.

"You suspect that your wife cheated on you yesterday because you noticed the 'evidence' again?"

"Yes," David nervously answered.

Hank casually asked, "when was the last time that you had sex with Doreen?"

"Last night," David nervously answered.

"Was that when you noticed the 'evidence'?"

"Yes," David answered tearfully.

"Was making love to your wife enjoyable, in spite of the 'evidence'?"

"Yes," David confessed. "She even gave me a blow job."

Hank chuckled. "I surmise that sex with your wife has become more frequent and less inhibited since she has been cheating on you?"

"Yes. It has," David admitted. "It seems as if Doreen has been trying to atone for her sin by being more amorous with me. It has confused the Hell out of me."

Hank quietly considered David's confession "I want to teach you a word that is no doubt unfamiliar to you. It is an archaic legal term from the time before no fault divorce laws became universal in America. The word is 'CONDONATION'. The root word of 'condonation' is 'condone.' You should Google the word but 'condonation' refers to the old legal theory that a jilted wife or husband forfeits the right to divorce an adulterous spouse if they make love to their spouse knowing that their spouse has been unfaithful. The idea was that if the jilted spouse was willing to have sex with their unfaithful partner, the courts should presume that they had forgiven their partner for committing adultery and that they were therefore reconciled unless there was a subsequent adultery or conjugal unkindness. A husband who repeatedly made love to his unfaithful wife rather than confront her when he was aware of subsequent adulteries was presumed to have condoned the adultery and therefore had relinquished the right to divorce his wife even if the adulteries continued."

"I haven't condoned Doreen's adulteries. I just haven't confronted her about them," David protested.

"Are you certain that you haven't condoned Doreen's adulteries, at least tacitly? Any judge worth his salt would interpret the mere fact that you are often finding traces of another man's semen on her lingerie and the sheets, and even in her pubic hair as proof that she is making no effort to conceal her infidelities from you. Your wife cannot be stupid enough to presume that you are oblivious to the evidence. She therefore reasonably believes that you are fully aware of her repeated infidelities yet you remain silent. The reasonable inference is that you are tacitly condoning her adulteries. The renaissance of romance that you have been so eagerly enjoying is the conjugal charity that Doreen has offered as your reward for your quiet acquiescence."

David listened attentively then contemplated the implications. "So back in the days before no fault divorce, all an unfaithful wife had to do to prevent her husband from divorcing her was seduce him? And Doreen has robbed me of my right to divorce her by seducing me?"

"Exactly," Hank explained. "She might not be really aware of her motivations, but at a primal, instinctive level, that is what Doreen has been doing to you. It no longer has the same legal significance that it once did. However; it has the same biological and psychological significance that it has had since before the institution of marriage was ever formalized. Even with modern no fault divorce laws, an unfaithful wife who seduces her husband is motivating him to stay with her rather than abandon her and her children. By treating you to more frequent and exciting sex she has been dissuading you from leaving her. You have obviously acceded to this exchange of sex for forgiveness."

David was shocked. He asked incredulously, "the courts used to condone this slutty behavior?"

"Of course the courts condoned sex that would obligate a jilted husband to reconcile with his unfaithful wife," Hank explained. "The judges were not idiots back in the old days. They had a much better grasp of fundamental biological realities as well as morality than today's judges. Back then, it was not politically incorrect to recognize that raising children in an intact family was almost always preferable to divorce and single parenthood. Back then, Judges recognized that their first obligation was to society as a whole and their second obligation was to the children who would probably become a plague on society if they were not raised in an intact family. The wounded pride of a cuckolded husband was a distant third. The belated outrage of a cuckold who had repeatedly and enthusiastically enjoyed continuing marital relations with his unfaithful wife was unworthy of consideration."

12