Confirming Carter Bk. 03 Changes Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Protection and reward protocol. His neural network builds new pathways that reinforce his affection for us, so he wants to keep us from harm." Sam said casually as she scooped a glob of cum off her chin and let it dangle from her finger before it dropped into her mouth. Her eyes rolled back in her head as she swished it around with her tongue, then swallowed it.

"But how can you eat that shit?" Tammy asked. "It tastes awful!"

"Oh, I changed the formula, made up half a dozen different recipes actually." Sam giggled. She wiped up a fingerful from her cheek and held it out to Tammy. "This one tastes like strawberry cheesecake. Wanna try it?"

Tammy leaned forward, and her tongue came out, lapping at the tip of Sam's finger. Her eyes lit up at the taste, and she leaned closer, sucking her finger into her mouth. Their eyes met as she licked the sticky nectar from her finger, and she smiled around it.

"So did you have a good time?" Sam asked, holding her arms out.

"Oh god! Did I!" Tammy laughed, coming over to lay on top of her. Holding herself up with her forearms, she smiled down at her. "At first I was pissed, but the longer it went on...well, I forgot all about being mad, and just got into it. Damn girl! What the hell have you been doing down here? And when did you find the time? I mean he..."

"It was easier that you think." Sam laughed, pulling her down and hugging her tightly. "Most of the subroutines were already in the database, and I just had to tweak them a little." She kissed her, their lips grinding together, tongues dancing across each other. They were both panting for breath when they broke apart.

Sam smacked Tammy on the butt, making the spongy globe jiggle. She smiled up at her.

"I'm sorry baby, but we have to get up." She said. "We have to be in the conference room at noon, but we have to go home to get cleaned up. I haven't put a shower in here yet."

Tammy rolled off of her, and slid off the bed, walking into the lab. Sam followed, bending down and scooping up her clothes. She smiled when she saw Tammy looking at a terminal.

"It won't do you any good." She laughed. "There's a lockout protocol in place to keep you from doing that to me."

"You bitch!" Tammy screamed, watching her run out the door. She turned and looked at Boris standing quietly by one of the worktables. She smiled and walked over, kissing him lightly on the cheek. "Thank you, Boris. You were wonderful."

"Thank you, mistress." He replied.

Interior-Conference Room, North Tower

1150 Hours

Samuels, Sheppard, Lorne and Wildon were already seated around the table when Tammy walked in. She had Jacob in a babypack, and he was busily nursing on the breast she had out of her vest. She sat down at the head of the table, smiling at the group.

"Where's Sam, Tammy?" Andi asked, as she smiled down the table at her. "And where have you been all morning? I have a few things I nee..."

"I've been tied up all morning." Tammy grinned, then looked down at Jacob, easing him away from her breast and holding a bottle to his lips. "And Sam is discussing secu..."

"Enough already!" Sam said as she stormed into the room, Ronin and Cisco right behind her. She spun on her heel to face them, and Ronin almost knocked her over before he could stop.

"See? That's exactly what I'm talking about!" She shouted at them. "Every time I turn around, one of you, or one of your guys is crawling up my ass! You knew where I was all day, and since I was in areas that you told me were supposedly locked down, there was no need for you to be with me! Now back the fuck off!"

She stalked over to the table, jerking her chair out and plopping down in it. She caught a movement out of the corner of her eye, and spun around, glaring angrily at Ronin and Cisco as they started to sit down.

"Oh no you don't." She said slowly. She pointed at the door. "You two can wait in the foyer. I mean, this room is actually SECURE isn't it?" Her voice rising to a shout.

She watched as they walked out of the room, glaring at them the entire time.

"And close the door!" She yelled, then spun around to face the table

"Twenty fucking minutes...security this, protocol that...jabber, jabber, jabber. It never fucking stops." She muttered. She glanced down the table, noticing that Sheppard was hiding a smile behind his hand. "What are you grinning about?" She growled at him.

"Well, is what they're doing any worse than the mother hen routine you put us through over Vala this morning?" He asked her.

She glared at him, then shook her head, and got up, going over to the door. She stepped out, and they could see her speaking quietly to Cisco and Ronin. She hugged them both, and they followed her into the room, taking seats at the end of the table near her.

"Sorry about that." She said quietly, then looked around the table. "So are they there yet? Somebody give me a status."

"Daedalus is on station, and we're just waiting for a signal from Radim before we send them down." Sheppard said. "The jumpers are already in place around the government quarter, and we've got Caldwell standing by if you want to talk to him."

"We'll get to him in a minute." Sam said, looking around the table. "Where are Jack and Bra'tac? And Pharris is in the city today, why aren't they here?"

"None of them are answering their comms." Andi said. "I've been paging them every ten minutes for the last hour."

Sam looked over at Cisco, trying not to smile. "Send someone over there to get them, but have them wait at the door. They may be...occupied."

"Um...Jack is in my office." Sandy said, coloring slightly as she looked down the table at Sam. "He said he was going to take a nap."

"They do that." Sam laughed. "I don't know why, I usually feel energized after..." She stopped, and glanced over at Cisco. He nodded, speaking quietly into his headset. She looked back at Sandy, grinning wolfishly. "You did take the sock off the doorknob I hope."

Sandy blushed furiously, looking down at the table.

Andi looked at her, then looked down the table at Sam.

"If we can get back on topic." She said. "It's almost time."

Sam nodded, and Samuels pressed a control next to her, and Caldwell's face came up on screens around the room.

"What's happening, Stephen?" She asked him.

"Radim is about to enter the plaza." Caldwell told them. "It looks like he's going to put on a show. This is what we're seeing..." He touched a control on his console, and four inset pictures replaced him on the screens. "This is the view from the jumpers, colonel." He paused, giving them a moment to take it in.

A podium had been set up at the top of the steps of one of the buildings facing the square. On each of the other three sides of the square, ranks of Genii soldiers stood at parade rest.

"That looks like three battalions to me, colonel." Caldwell said. "They're in standard Genii uniforms, but I'm betting that they're Radim's personal guard, or troops loyal to him."

"That's sounds about right, Stephen." She said, as she looked at the images. "How do you want to handle it?"

"I'm going to wait until Radim does whatever he's going to do, we haven't received his signal yet." He said. "When we do, we're going to beam our troops down in an open ended square, facing them. At the same time, the four jumpers at the corners of the square will uncloak. Vala will beam down at the open end of the square, boxed in by twenty marines, and walk to the podium while two flights of three-oh-two's do an aerobatic flyover from opposite sides of the square."

"Is all that really necessary, Stephen?" Tammy asked, lifting Jacob and laying him on her shoulder.

"Pomp and circumstance." Andi said. "It's too bad that we don't have a national anthem yet. I really have to get on that."

"Actually doctor, the jumpers are going to play Stars And Stripes Forever as Vala beams down, and ease into Pomp And Circumstance as she moves to the podium. I wanted Hail To the Chief, but..."

"You're having fun with this, aren't you, Stephen?" Sam laughed.

"Yes ma'am." He grinned. "But this is all Vala. We spent the entire trip arguing over the music though."

"It looks like something's happening." Sheppard said as he watched the view from the jumpers.

"Confirm." Caldwell said. "We're receiving a signal. Three minutes. It looks like he's going to keep it brief."

"Okay, let's see what the man has to say." Sam said as she sat back to watch.

Exterior-Genii Homeworld

1200 Hours/0800 Local

Ladin Radim came out of the building flanked by a squad of personal guards in dress uniform and strode across the patio to the podium. He paused, resting his hands on the podium as he looked out over the large crowd that had gathered. After a moment, He began to speak.

* * * * *

"What is he doing?" Phrenum shouted as he stared at the video monitor. He turned and looked at Colak, who stared back in confusion.

* * * * *

"Good people of Genia." Radim began. "Long have we suffered under the threat of cullings from the Wraith, living in fear, hiding behind a cloak of squalor, pretending to be simple farmers, and laborers."

He paused, smiling at the cameras at the foot of the stairs. "But no more. We have confirmed that the Wraith are at war, with each other, and have decimated themselves."

The crowd erupted in cheers and applause, many falling to their knees in tears.

Radim waited for them to quiet down before he continued.

"Many worlds and peoples, including our friends the Travelers, and the city of Atlantis have decided to put an end to the Wraith, and the terror they seed across the galaxy." He said, looking around at the crowd. "And I say we should join them, so we may live in the light, and show the galaxy the true strength and worth of the Genii people!"

* * * * *

"No!" Phrenum shouted as the crowd cheered wildly. He turned and charged out the door, with Colak on his heels.

* * * * *

"He's got a way with words, I'll say that much for him." Sam said as she watched Radim speak.

* * * * *

When the crowd had quieted again, Radim continued.

"To that end." He said. "I have asked the queens of Atlantis to send an emissary, who we are..."

The glare of Asgard beams flared around the square and the Atlantian troops began appearing in formation on it. In seconds, the square was filled with marines standing facing the Genii with weapons held at port arms.

The Genii soldiers held their position, bringing their weapons to bear.

Sgt. Wilkins stepped into the square from his position at one corner. He looked around, a small smile on his face, then shouted, "Company! Puhrade...rest!"

As a unit, the Atlantian's brought their weapons down by their right foot, their left hand moving behind their back.

Genii officers moved among the ranks, ordering them to stand down. In moments, the Genii soldiers had returned to parade rest as well.

The Atlantian jumpers uncloaked at the corners of the formation, and music began blaring from speakers mounted on the drive pods as another Asgard beam flared in the center of the square.

With the three-oh-two's flying a crossing pattern overhead, a group of marines appeared in a tight diamond in the center of the plaza, then opened as the marines slow stepped into a vee formation, revealing Vala in it's center.

The music changed as Vala stepped forward, walking slowly toward the podium, smiling and waving at the crowd.

* * * * *

"Oh my god!" Sam laughed as she watched. "It's too bad Daniel isn't here. Look at her! She's loving being the center of attention like this."

"Something's happening behind Radim, Sam." Samuels said as she leaned forward. "Oh my god, it's Phre..."

* * * * *

"Traitor!" Phrenum shouted as he burst from the door of the building. "I'll kill you!" He shouted, drawing his sidearm and pointing it at Radim.

A two shots rang out behind him, and he staggered, a look of surprise on his face, then fell forward onto the ground.

Colak stepped out of the building, his hands raised, smoke still swirling from the barrel of his gun. Soldiers surrounded him, and in moments, he had been disarmed, and ushered away. Other soldiers lifted Phrenum's body and carried it quickly back into the building.

* * * * *

The crowd drew back at the gunshots, but the Atlantian and Genii troops held their positions. Vala waved the marines back as they began to reform around her, then stood, her hands folded in front of her as she waited for Radim to restore order.

* * * * *

"Good girl." Sam muttered. She looked at the monitor and spoke to Caldwell. "Don't beam her out Stephen, let's see what happens."

"She already told us to leave her in place, colonel. Her mike is live." He told her.

* * * * *

Radim looked around, feigning surprise as he heaved a sigh of relief. He noticed Vala standing calmly in the plaza, and waved his own guards back, then moved around the podium and down the steps to join her.

Vala met him halfway, and they shook hands, exchanging a few words, then walked back up to the podium together.

"What should be a day of joy has been marred with tragedy." Radim said solemnly, looking out over the crowd as they moved closer again. "But we cannot let this deter us as we take the first steps down a path that will lead to freedom for all Genii."

He looked out at the crowd, then turned, motioning Vala forward.

"Allow me to present the Lady Vala Mal Doran, emissary of the queens of Atlantis." He said, then bowed to her. "We offer our greetings, and our hopes for a peaceful, productive future together."

"Thank you, Ladon. Our queens, and the people of Atlantis share your hopes for peace between us." She said. She stepped back, reaching down to draw a long, slim dagger from her boot. "But on my homeworld, it is customary for enemies to exchange weapons when they become friends. Please accept this token as a sign of that friendship." She held the dagger butt first out to him, smiling brightly.

* * * * *

"That wasn't in the script." Sam said. "What the hell is she doing?"

"She's sealing the deal, in front of his people." Tammy said. "He's not going to be able to back out now."

"I hope you're right." Sam said, watching the screen intently.

* * * * *

Radim stared at her, then reached out, reluctantly taking the proffered dagger. The crowd erupted in applause, and Vala leaned toward him. "Aren't you forgetting something?" She asked quietly.

Radim turned away from the crowd, frowning at her. Vala smiled back, waiting patiently. Radim nodded abruptly, reaching down and drawing his sidearm, holding it out to her butt first.

"A gift deserves a gift in return." He said, smiling tightly at her, bringing another round of applause from the crowd. "To our friendship."

"Thank you, Ladon. This is a beautiful weapon." She said, pointing it in the air and pulling the trigger.

The report when it went off startled the crowd, and Radim ducked out of the way as she turned it toward him.

Feigning surprise, she dropped it on the podium. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry! I didn't know it was loaded! Please, forgive me."

"Th...That's quite alright." Radim said warily as he looked at her, then the gun on the podium. "I should have checked it before I gave it to you. It is I, not you, that should seek forgiveness."

"Think nothing of it." Vala said lightly, reaching out and taking his hand. "Friends forgive little indiscretions. Let's hope any that we have in the future are as harmless."

The crowd laughed, and Radim looked at her with a new respect. He bowed, then raised her hand, holding it aloft as they waved at the crowd together.

* * * * *

"She did that on purpose." Andi said.

"Of course she did." Sam laughed. "But it serves him right for handing her a loaded weapon."

"She made herself look like the victim, and got the crowd on her side." Sandy said. "How the hell did she do that?"

"Oh, our Vala's the sly one." O'Neill said as he went over and took a seat beside her.

"How long have you been here, Jack?" Sam asked, smiling over at him.

"I caught her entrance. You were all so intent on watching the show, I figured there was no point in distracting you."

He looked over and grinned at Ronin.

"And the next time you send your goons looking for me, tell them that you knock on a door, not pound on it."

"They'd been knocking for almost five minutes before you answered, general." Cisco said.

"Yeah, whatever." O'Neill muttered.

Interior-Ladon Radim's Office

1230 Hours/0830 Local

"You did that on purpose." He said as he closed the door behind them. "And there was no ment..."

"Of course I did dear." Vala laughed. "Only a fool hands someone he's just met a loaded weapon. You're lucky I didn't shoot you. If Samantha didn't need you so badly, I might have."

"But...you...I." Radim sputtered, staring at her in disbelief.

"Can we get some coffee, perhaps some pastries, while I explain the facts of life to you? It's almost time for lunch in Atlantis, and I'm starving." She said lightly. She walked over and sat on a long leather sofa, looking around the room. "This is a nice office, Ladon. Very masculine. I like it."

Radim opened a drawer and took out a pistol, pointing it at her as he moved around the desk.

"What's to stop me from killing you right now, and telling them that a rogue element did it?" He asked as he came closer.

Vala smiled at him as she stood up and said, "Stephen?"

The glare of an Asgard beam flared and when it faded, she was gone. Another beam flared behind him, and when he turned around, she was smiling as she pointed a gun at his head.

"I suppose you could try." She said casually. "But I'm an excellent shot, so you'll probably be dead too."

Radim stared at her, then started to laugh, lowering his weapon then walking over and sitting it on the desk.

"I like you. You're very strange." He said as he picked up the phone. "And I suppose I've built my nest, so I should go ahead and put my eggs in it."

"Is that anything like making your bed, then lying in it?" Vala asked as she sat back down on the sofa. She laid her gun on the table and looked over at him. "My Daniel says that all the time, usually about me, and for the life of me, I have no idea what he means!"

Radim laughed, then spoke into the phone.

"Yes, would you have them send shinna and a large dessert tray to my office? Yes, for two. Thank you."

"Our shinna is similar to your coffee, but has a fruitier taste." He said as he pulled a chair around and sat down across from her. "If you want the truth, I never really cared for your coffee, I find it too bitter."

"I hope you don't find what I'm sitting in front of you too unpleasant." She said mildly. "We want you to be comfortable dealing with us. We think you're an ally worth having. An ally we have to have, to be honest with you."

"I suppose our spy network is what makes us valuable to you." He said.

"Yes, but Samantha was serious when she told you that our friends in the Milky Way loved your taava beans." She told him, looking around the office. "I don't suppose you have a few tons lying around that I could take home with me?"

"I'll have some brought to the square. You can beam them up with you when you leave." He laughed. He sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"It's not going to be that bad, Ladon." Vala said, watching him. "You're free to run your government anyway you like. What we're asking is for you to gather information about the needs of the peoples you already deal with, and be nice to your neighbors. That's not so much now, is it?"

"And in exchange? What would the Genii receive."

"As we told you, you would enjoy full access to goods from Atlantis, and the Travelers. That's not an exclusive arrangement, you're still free to deal with others as well."

Radim nodded, getting up to answer a knock at the door. He spoke quietly for a moment, then pushed the door closed and brought a tray over, sitting it on the table between them.