Confirming Carter Bk. 03 Changes Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did you have to do that?" John asked.

"Yes, it hurts less that way. Now be quiet or leave." She said as she leaned close, pressing on the skin around the incision with her fingers.

"The incision in your chest looks very good, David. There's no bleeding, and you're beginning to heal nicely. It's already scabbing over." She told him, moving the bandage back into place. "I'm going to turn the lights back down now."

"I know you're in pain, and we'll give you something in a minute." She said gently, grasping his hand. "I need you to tell me if you're feeling a lot of pain, or a moderate amount."

"A...alot."

She turned and looked at the nurse.

"Helen, we want Demerol, three cc's by IV."

She turned back to David.

"Where is the pain, David? Is it deep, or closer to the surface? And is it in the center or off to one side?"

"Center. Clo...close to sur..."

"Good, that's where it's supposed to be." She told him. "It hurts there because we had to separate your rib cage to work on your heart. It's going to hurt for three or four days before it starts getting better. I'm sorry, but we'll help you with the pain."

David nodded, looking over at John.

"She's going to take good care of you, Dave. I know, she's my personal physician." John told him.

"You wish." Jennifer said as she watched the nurse inject the medications into the IV tube.

"You should start feeling less pain in about a minute, David." She said, leaning close to him. "I want you to try to sleep. It's the best thing for you. Your body needs rest to heal."

He nodded, closing his eyes.

She turned to the nurse and started giving her instructions.

"Stay with him for the next half hour. If he's not asleep by then, give him a half a cc of Ambien IV. Repeat the Demerol every two hours. If there's any problems, page me. I'll update his chart before I leave."

"Yes doctor."

She walked around the bed and stood next to Sheppard.

"We'll give you a couple minutes, but we need to let him sleep." She said gently. "Say good night. I'll wait for you outside."

He nodded, and she stepped back and walked over to the doors. Sam, Tammy and Ronin followed her out.

* * * * *

Jennifer was still writing on his chart when John came out of the room. He came up behind her, slipping his arms around her waist and kissing her lightly on the neck.

"Thank you." He whispered.

"It's my job, John." She said, turning around in his arms. She put her arms around him, turning her head up for a kiss. "But I'm glad we could help him, I really am. I want to get to know my future brother-in-law."

Interior-Living Room

2000 Hours

O'Neill grinned at them as the elevator doors opened.

"Hi kids." He said, holding out a tray of shot glasses. "You're late for the party."

"No thanks, general." John said. "We had something to take care of."

"I heard. How's he doing?"

"He's much better." Jennifer said. "Those ancient machines did a better job, alot faster than I ever could. But I'm really glad we had something that could help him."

"So am I." O'Neill said softly. "I'll say a prayer for him John, we all will." He grinned again and added. "But for now, let's go see what everyone is up to!"

They followed him down the hall, stopping as they entered the living room. All their friends were standing or sitting around the room, talking and laughing, enjoying each others company.

Jennifer leaned back into John, looking up at him as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to tell them?" She asked. "This looks like it might be a good time."

He smiled down at her, then looked out across the room.

"Friends," He said, raising his voice over the din. "If I could have your attention for a moment, Jennifer and I have an announcement to make."

"We already know you're getting married, John." Caldwell laughed. "Tammy told us that you went to see her father to get his consent."

"I'm pregnant." Jennifer said, bringing the laughter to a halt.

"So, this is going to be a shotgun wedding?" O'Neill said after a moment, bringing the room back to life.

Teyla looked up at Caldwell, and he nodded.

"I too, am with child." She said

"Good god, what have you people been doing while I've been gone?" McKay asked, looking back and forth between Teyla and Jennifer.

"And he claims to be a genius." Sam said from the couch, leaning over to kiss Tammy.

She turned and looked at Jennifer.

"Jenn, we'd like to come by in the morning, and have you get us started too, if that's not asking too much."

"That's fine, Sam." Jennifer smiled. "Just call me in the morning. The embryos are ready, so it should only take a few minutes."

"Now we really have something to celebrate." Andi said, raising her glass. "To the next generation of Atlantis, may they build on what we've begun."

Interior-Bedroom

2340 Hours

"I had a really nice time tonight." Tammy whispered, snuggling closer and hugging Sam tighter to her. "Can you believe it? Teyla and Jennifer both pregnant already? Jacob's going to have lots of little brothers and sisters to grow up with."

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Sam asked, pushing her over onto her back and sliding up on top of her. She moved lazily up and down over Tammy, letting their breasts brush against each others as her leg slipped between Tammy's. "I'm scared, not about doing it, or if he'll be healthy, but if I'm going to be a good mom or not..."

"You're going to be a great mom." Tammy laughed, rolling over suddenly, her hands pinning Sam's to the bed. "Now shut up and let's make love. We can pretend we're getting each other pregnant."

"Sounds like a plan..." Sam moaned, responding eagerly to Tammy's kisses.

(-)

So ends Chapter Five of Book Three, Changes. Read Chapter Six to see what happens next.

Please leave a comment on whether you like the story or not...getting feedback helps in the writing process...