Confrontation Ch. 04

Story Info
Revelation.
5.4k words
4.71
30.3k
34

Part 4 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 03/12/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lannasage
lannasage
637 Followers

*sorry for the long wait guys. Hope you enjoy this chapter. As usual, comments and votes are always appreciated* LS


Rhea sat uncomfortably between Mitch and Jared. So far the day wasn't going as badly as she had anticipated- most of the thanks went to Jared's cool-headedness. Mitch on the other hand had been nothing short of an ass- at least in her view. She couldn't say if Jared had noticed, she guessed he did but was being mature about the entire situation.

Well, it was he who let Mitch tag along with them so it's not like he had a choice in the matter, he just had to take it all in.

Luckily, Rhea didn't have to take his bullshit and she planned on giving him more than a piece of her mind once they were alone.

She could literally feel the anger seeping out of Mitchell as Jared played with Jonas who was sitting on his lap. She almost smiled at the thought. Mitchell had been trying to out-do Jared in all of the games- and winning, in an effort to gain Jonas' effort, he did get a few smiles after handing large teddy bears and a piggy bank to him, but the privilege of holding Jonas remained with Jared.

"Mama, can I go on the carousel again?" Jonas asked breaking Rhea out of her reverie.

She stared at him in disbelief, he had gone on that ride thrice already, and three others at least twice, any more rides and he was sure to vomit all of the ice-cream, marshmallows and cotton candy Jared and Mitch had stuffed him with, "No, you can't. You've gone on too many"

"Please mama?" He begged with puppy dog eyes and pouted lips. If only he knew how funny he looked when he made that face

"Jonas, I said no."

"Let the kid have another ride Rhea, one more won't hurt." Mitch spoke up.

Rhea turned to him, ready to lash out at him for trying to undermine her authority, but he shot her a warning look, she needed no interpreter to understand him. He had as much rights to Jonas' upbringing. She bit her tongue, "Fine." She huffed.

Jonas squealed in excitement, "Thanks Mitch." He said directing a grin Mitch's way.

Mitch returned his smile, "You're welcome kiddo." He replied feeling a strange warmth and slight regret. As much as Jonas' smile made him happy, there was still that feeling of loss when he referred to him by his name and not 'papa' or 'daddy' or even 'pops', if he could make him call him that he knew it would bring him joy to no end. But these things took time and patience was a virtue he was willing to cultivate this time.

Jonas' next words crushed him just a little.

"Jared can you come with me?"

For a minute, Mitch had expected the honors, the entire day had been all about Jared, 'Jared I want a teddy' 'Jared I want ice-cream' 'Jared I wanna use the loo' 'Jared, Jared, Jared'. He understood it was only because Jonas was much more familiar with him, but that didn't stop the hurt.

"Of course soldier." Jared replied as he sat Jonas on his feet and stood taking his hand, he felt uncomfortable leaving Rhea with Mitch knowing his pedigree, but he wasn't about to deny Jonas his fun because of his selfish interests, after all this trip was all about him, he couldn't make any moves on Rhea in an amusement park, they weren't teenagers,

"We'll be right back" Jared announced.

"We'll be waiting." Rhea replied grateful that her one-on-one with Mitch would be happening earlier than planned.

"Take your time." Mitch muttered.

"What the hell are you trying to pull?" Rhea barked once Jared and Jonas were out of ear-shot.

A silly smirk Rhea wanted to smack off was plastered on Mitch's face, "Why Rhea, have I done any wrong by wanting to spend some time with my son and his mother?" He asked cheerily

"Cut the crap Montgomery!" She snapped, "Why are you following me?"

He quirked a dark brow, "Following you? Don't flatter yourself Rhea."

"So I tell you I and Jonas are going out and you just co-incidentally find yourself in the exact place?"

"And that's so hard to believe because...?" He asked as he clasped both hands and placed them on the table, his emerald gaze on her.

"An amusement park?" She scoffed, battling the uneasiness he stirred within her, "I never pegged you as one who visits amusement parks."

"Well I never pegged you as paranoid, but it seems like we learn new things about each other daily." He replied, effectively shutting her up, "So, Jonas huh? 'Jonas', 'Jared', 'Jonas', I'm starting to think your inspiration didn't come from the boyband after all" he was starting to really loathe the name too.

"What are you implying?" She asked, her eyes forming angry slits at his insinuation.

"Oh nothing, I'm just sayin'....so what's Jared? His daddy or your fuck buddy?" Or does he do a little of both?"

If they weren't in a public place- or more specifically, a public place with a lot of kids present, Rhea would have smacked a tooth out Mitch's mouth. He had some guts speaking to her with such disrespect, she oughtta punch his eyeballs straight into his skull. Instead, she glared at him and came up with a reply she hoped would pack as much sting, "Jonas has known Jared for four years, so it's okay if he played 'daddy' to him since his real daddy is nothing but a shameless manwhore, and if Jared fucked me, at least he would ask nicely and have the courtesy to take me in his bed like a lady." She replied and smiled at the scowl he sported.

Mitch had to admit, her words hurt just a little, especially the part about Jonas calling Jared 'daddy', that was HIS right, he gave a sly smile and leaned closer till he was so close their lips barely touched, he noticed her breathing become just a bit ragged, she tried to seem unaffected to his closeness, but he knew he was having the desired effect, "Sweetheart, we both know how you like it, and there ain't nothing 'nice' about that." He said huskily, he took in the sight of her slightly parted lips that were just begging to be kissed, he'd only have to lean in just a bit closer and he'd feel them against his; her soft, beautiful, full lips that could suck his...he banished the thought before it could take root and cause more than a little scene in a kiddies zone. As much as it killed him to, he drew away from her and almost grinned at the look of disappointment on her face, yep, some things had to be sacrificed for a greater good.

It took Rhea a good two minutes to regain herself, and once she finally realised it had all been just a silly trick, she frowned, the slimy bastard! That smack really sounded like a good idea, she thought. She grit her teeth in annoyance, but before she could raise her hand to give him that hard smack it was itching to give him, she noticed his smug expression change to one of concern, he wasn't looking at her anymore, but past her.

Mitch stood up with lightning speed and walked past their table before she could realise what was going on, she turned around and followed suit when she saw Jared approching with Jonas who looked quite dull. She groaned as she realised what must have happened- exactly what she had been trying to prevent.

Still she asked once she approached him, "What happened?"

"He threw up." Jared replied.

Rhea sighed as she shot Mitchell an 'I told you so' look, he smartly avoided it, "I think it's time we left." She said as she reached for Jonas, he flinched, causing her frown to deepen, "What's wrong now?" She asked, her voice doing little or nothing to mask her irritation.

"I don't want you." Jonas replied softly, he was apparently terrified of the repercussions that were sure to arise for his actions.

"Why?"

He didn't reply her, rather he looked toward Mitchell, apparently seeking support from the older man.

Rhea followed his gaze, "What? You want him now?" She asked, her anger visibly multiplying.

Jonas nodded his head meekly, much to the surprise of Rhea, but Mitch was even more surprised and delighted, he did NOT see that coming, but not one to look a gift horse in the eye and do nothing about it, he didn't hesitate to step forward and reach for the kid who happily stretched out his arms. Mitchell held onto him like he was his lifesupport, the happiness he experienced as strange to him as it was fulfilling. He placed a chaste peck atop his head of thick, curly hair as Jonas nuzzeled his head against Mitch's neck.

Jared watched all of this feeling just a little out of place, there was some sort of bond between these three people and he was like that 'other' dude. He knew it was nothing he should dwell on, but he just couldn't stop that feeling.

Rhea smiled apologetically at Jared, "I think Mitch will take me home Jared. Thanks for all of this, it's the nicest thing anyone has done for us." She said in all sincerity, she sealed that by stepping closer and placing a peck against his cheek that was far from chaste.

Mitch felt a slight tug against his heart seeing Rhea show such affection towards another man. He couldn't understand why, the truth was he and Rhea really had nothing between them save for Jonas and an undeniably scorching sexual chemistry, that wasn't enough to feel possessive toward her- or was it?

Jared smiled, the peck had brightened up his day, it was the first affectionate action she had bestowed upon him and it got him wishing for more, "I'm glad you liked it."

"Thanks Jared." Jonas' weak voice spoke up.

"You're welcome J." Jared replied as he ruffeled Jonas's hair, "get well soon so we can come here again."

Rhea made a face signifying 'soon' would be a very very long time, "See you later Jared."

"I'll come by to check on him tomorrow."

Rhea smiled her appreciation, "We'll be expecting you." She replied. Genuinely grateful to Jared, the man was too nice.

He nodded.

"See you later man" Mitch said as he shook Jared and masked his disapproval of his visit, but he would definitely make sure he was present for that even if he'd have to spend all of tomorrow in Rhea's house.

"Yeah, you too." With that, the trio walked away toward the exit as Jared watched them leave, that nagging feeling of being a spare in their perfect union clouding his thoughts. He shook it off, he knew he was missing something there, but it was better to ignore it and dwell on the positives- like that peck. He was optimistic he'd soon have Rhea and Jonas as family.

*****

Rhea placed the back of her hand against Jonas' forehead to check his temperature, this would be the third time she was performing that action-since they got into the house. She was relieved to find it was still normal, the last thing she wanted was to have to run around looking for medication for him, she had already made her busget and health expenses had the least place in it.

She was running out of money faster than she had anticipated, at this rate she worried what she had left would not last as long as she needed to get a job, sure if she asked Ron, he could always provide a position for her, but going by the current economic situation, that position must have previously been occupied by some unfortunate soul who wasn't given the choice to stay and she wouldn't be the cause of someone else's misfortune. She knew she could talk to her father also, Leon Myers was a generous man and his first child would not be an exception, but she had told him four years ago in very clear terms that she didn't need his help, she wanted to be solely responsible for herself and her son, she could bet he was still waiting on her to call back and retract that statement, but her pride would never let her do that- that wasn't the only thing her pride wouldn't let her do.

She placed a light peck against his cheek and stood up to return to her living room, with a deep sigh and a little prayer to the man upstairs- because she would need divine intervention when communicating with the man in her living room, she made her way to him. She knew he was still there because she had neither heard the sound of her door closing or his car driving off, did he really expect her to voice it out before he knew he ought to leave?

She walked in to find him stretched out on the couch, he looked so comfortable and downright sexy with his arm stretched against the headrest, his dark, wavy hair that seemed like it hadn't been even slightly ruffled by the wind creating the edgy look to suit his perfectly tanned skin and emerald eyes, yep, she loved the length of his hair right now , she could just imagine running her fingers through it while he ate her...she shook the thought off as she trembled from what she hoped was disgust rather than desire.

Steeling her nerves, she marched up to him, "I thought you left" she began coldly. He raised his head up and she almost lost her resolve when he settled those gorgeous eyes on her, the way it blazed a trail over her figure made her warm so that she had to continually repeat to herself that she hated this man, after all if you keep telling yourself something, some day you'll believe it to be the truth- right?

"Why so?" He asked casually like he actually belonged where he was.

She raised her brows at him, "Don't you have a house to be at?"

"I do." He admitted in a 'so what' fashion.

"So?"

"So?"

"Go there." She almost screamed at him in frustration.

"Now what kind of father would I be if I just fox trotted to my house when I have a son who's not feeling so well some place else?"

She stared at him incredulously, he couldn't be saying what she thought he was, "Are you saying...?"

"Yes, I believe that translates to 'I'm spending the rest of the day AND night here.'"

"I...I don't have any room for you to sleep in"

"This couch is just fine, thank you." He replied with a smug smile as he patted the couch.

Rhea suddenly regretted not selling off the couch when she had the chance to, classic case of sentimentally-based decisions biting one in the ass. She frowned and folded her arms, "I don't have any food for you." She hoped that would chase him away, but had a feeling it wouldn't. As he rose from the couch, she was almost glad it worked- or she thought it did, until she realised he wasn't standing up to leave, instead, he came to stand directly in front of her, she took a step back to keep her distance and protect herself from his hypnotising aura, he smiled and stepped forward, closing whatever space she had created between them. His eyes taunted her, his smile dared her to step away again, she stood her ground and looked up at him defiantly, unwilling to be the pawn in his little mind game.

He placed his finger under her chin, smiling at her reaction despite her feeble attempt to seem unaffected by his touch, " Sweetheart, trust me when I say, when I do get hungry, food will be the last thing on my mind." His eyes perused her face, and then the rest of her, just so she understood his meaning, by the time they returned to her face, it was evident she did.

Rhea swallowed the lump in her throat, how just one look from this man could set off all the alarms in her body was beyond her and she was far from pleased by it, "You should leave before I call the authorities." She threatened, grateful her voice hadn't betrayed her current thoughts, they did involve handcuffs, but not on him and not belonging to law enforcement.

His smile generated to a deep, masculine laugh, "You want to call the authorities on me? Oh please do, then when I get out, I can formally file a suit against you for custody."

That got her attention, "What?"

"Yes, after keeping my son away from me for years, I have every right to seek full custody and don't even think for a second that I'd grant you visiting rights either."

Rhea could take anything, but no one used HER child to manipulate her, "Are you threatening me?" She asked, her voice giving off the brewing anger within her.

He shrugged, "Depends, was your comment about calling the cops a threat?" He asked cockily.

Rhea wasn't fully aware when or how it happened, all she knew was her palm made a hard connection to Mitch's face some time after that comment. She turned to leave highly pleased with herself, but her movement was halted by a strong hand wrapping its self around her waist and pulling her so that her back was slammed against a hard surface she instantly knew was Mitch's chest, she felt the air leave her lungs at the impact, what the...the feel of his harsh breath tickling her ear brought her thoughts to a screeching halt, and caused tingles along her spine and in her lower region.

"You know, it's really not smart to hit men who weigh twice whatever you do. It could end badly for you." He whispered as his free hand traced the length of her slender arm, she snatched it away like he scalded her skin.

"Point taken. If you don't mind, I'd like to go to bed now." She replied, once again grateful for a steady voice.

"Why don't we share mine?" He suggested.

Quick as a flash, Rhea found herself lying on her back against the couch, before she could get up, his large body came on top of hers, effectively putting to an end whatever plabs she had of getting up or even moving.

"Get off me, you oaf!" She demanded as she punched his chest. She might as well have been talking to a brick wall and pushing one too because he neither replied her nor made any attempt to do as she requested. Instead, he grabbed her hands and raised them above her head, securing them with his, she began writhing beneath him in an effort to release herself in some way.

"You keep moving like that, and I just might have to rip your clothes off." He whispered in her ear, his breath a bit raspy. The things this woman could do to him though, even after all these years she could still make him hard in record time.

Rhea suddenly went still both from terror and arousal. The last thing she wanted was to have sex with Mitch on her couch- in her living room- where Jonas could just walk in and see his mother's legs shamelessly wrapped around the waist of his father, or 'that bully' like he referred to him while he pummeled her pussy for all he was worth. She unconsciously shivered from the picture that thought provoked. She was brought out of her imaginary world by the feel of Mitch's lips pressing against her collarbone, she gasped as she tried to stop him only to be reminded by the feel of his strong hands against her wrists that she wasn't exactly in the position to do that.

"You smell so good." He breathed against her heated skin. She smelled like cherry and he swore she tasted like it too, his kiss moved a little lower to her exposed chest, he could hear and feel the erratic beating of her heart, his was probably beating just as fast as he thought of bedding her once again. It had been so long, just the thought of sinking his cock into her wonderful sheath was like the possibility of finally getting a drink of water after spending weeks in the desert.

"Mitch please, you need to stop." Those were the words that left Rhea's mouth, but she was cheering him on in her head, her body coming to life with every kiss he placed upon her skin. How she could loathe and lust after this man all at the same time was something she would never understand. She wanted him, with every fiber of her being she craved for him and her body needed him, but her head and her heart were at war. Her head told her he was bad for her, but her heart urged her to give him a chance- her heart was NOT on her side.

He smiled against her skin as he kissed it, "Your lips say stop..." He began as his hand slid up and down her rib-cage, stopping just above her waist and below her bust, "...but the rest of you..." His travelling hand finally enveloped her full breast, eliciting a gasp from her, her nipples peaked visibly through the fabric of her bra and dress, "...says otherwise." He finished as he bent his head and took a stiff nipple between his teeth, his eyes never leaving hers.

Rhea stifled a moan as her back arched off the couch and she fought against her restraint, though she was unsure what she would do if her hands were freed- smack him or thread her fingers through his silky hair. She closed her eyes, unable to meet the look of raw passion his emitted, she was tempted to think he wasn't just teasing her or trying to make a point with her, that there was even if nothing else, some form of sincerity in his feelings- but that would make her foolish, there was no power on earth that could change Mitchell Montgomery from the selfish womanizer he was and had always been.

lannasage
lannasage
637 Followers
12