Consequences - Erin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
thecelt
thecelt
2,518 Followers

My plane landed at just after 10:00 and I deplaned and entered the terminal. I turned my phone back on and immediately got a message that I had four voice mail messages waiting. I smiled and simply put the phone back in my pocket turned off again. I caught the shuttle and found my car in long term parking and was home by 11:30. I had four more calls between the airport and home but I chose to answer none of them. I wanted to be relaxed and comfortable when I spoke to Erin.

I unpacked, washed up and fixed a drink for myself and then sat down in my recliner. I took my cell out, turned it on and set it on the arm of the chair and waited. Sure enough, it rang a minute later. I flipped open the cover and answered.

"Paul! Paul is that you? Paul, what did you mean by this letter you left me? Why would you think I was with someone? I told you I was at the plant working last night. You knew that! What the hell did you mean by this nasty letter?"

"Erin, please don't lie to me any more. I asked you a simple question. Why didn't you just ask me for a divorce? Why did you have to go fucking that asshole Addison behind my back? Why did you choose to humiliate me? That's what I don't understand. You could have done anything you wanted to and I would have let you have your freedom. If you had only asked."

"Paul, no. No. No. I don't want a divorce. I love you and I want to be with you. I haven't done anything like you think. You have to believe me. Please, Paul. I love you so much. Please, please."

"I was there last night at the hotel. You and Addison came down for dinner at about 6:30 and went back to his room an hour later. You spent the night with him and you were still with him at 6:00 this morning when I called your room. I left then for a flight back here. I saw you and he kissing in the elevator and I called you half an hour later when you told me you were at the plant working. Don't you remember? I know lying gets so complicated when you have to remember so many."

"Oh God, Paul. You have to let me try to explain. I'm on my way to the airport now and I'll be home before 4:00. Please wait for me. Let me try to explain to you. You have to let me. Please Paul."

"Goodbye Erin. There is nothing to explain. You had a choice to make and you made it. Now you have to accept the consequences of that choice. I'll be gone by the time you get home. I don't want to talk to you again and I'll file for the divorce tomorrow. You can have the house. I'll be packed and gone by the time you get here so whatever is left you can have."

I hung up and turned the phone off. She had killed my love for her and there was nothing she could do to bring it back to life. I no longer wanted to talk to her or see her or listen to her. She didn't have to explain: I understood. She chose to do what she did because she wanted to. There was nothing more to it than that. She did it because she could and she wanted to. She could stay faithful to the promises she made to me or she could break those vows. She knew the risks and the possible costs and she made a choice. I doubt that she ever even considered the consequences. Now the choice was mine and I made it.

Consequences are a bitch.

thecelt
thecelt
2,518 Followers
12