Consequences - Patti

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cageytee
cageytee
722 Followers

He rolled me over on to my back then resumed trailing his tongue to my breasts where he feasted for what seemed an eternity; then he moved down between my legs where he settled in to bring me to climax in short order.

I sure as hell didn't need a Literotica story to achieve an almost violent orgasm that time. My love for my husband and my joy over having chosen not to fuck Dan put me over the top, BIG TIME!

By the time I came down from that high, he was inside me and I wanted to scream out the joy I felt having him with me.

As I lay there staring into Walt's face as he approached his own orgasm, I knew I had made the right decision. My love for Walt had never been greater, my appreciation of our marriage was at an all time high and the feelings that overwhelmed me as I saw his extreme pleasure were both bitter and sweet.

Bitter as I very briefly recognized how close I came to damaging this wonderful relationship and sweet, oh so very, very sweet that I had backed away when I did!

We made love twice more before retiring for the night and for the following days and nights, in that heavenly setting, we had the most love filled holiday I could imagine.

We did some kinky things, at least for us. We shopped together one day and bought some sexy undies and nightwear for me and knowing I was wearing something from that shopping trip, we would tease each other throughout our evening meal to the point where we barely made it back to our room to make love.

One night I went to dinner with out either a bra or panties and made sexually inviting comments through out dinner and later on the dance floor and in the lounge. Walt was beside himself with excitement and in a quiet moment late that night after we had made wild, passionate love, he told me how much he loved me, loved being with me and how happy he was that we would grow old together.

Nothing I could have done with Dan Sheffield could come close to this!

***

We landed in Atlanta nine days later and as is always the case, we were tired from our travels. We had allowed for this in our planning and we took the following two days to catch up on issues around the house. By the end of the weekend we were both ready to get back to work.

In spite of the fact that it was now a full two weeks after the close of the conference, I was pleased that I was still being congratulated on such a fine job. It was a great way to get back to work.

I was still excited and on a high when I got home that night but Walt had not yet arrived. That was odd, as he is usually home first but when Walt did arrive only a few minutes later, looking like he had lost his last friend, my world began to fall apart.

The one flaw in all my reasoning was about to come back and bite me on the ass!

I asked him if something was wrong and, with the darkest of expressions on his face, he immediately said, "Yes, there certainly is!"

"You have mentioned Dan Sheffield a number of times," he continued, "and it was always my understanding that you avoided being alone with another man when you travel. Is that correct or am I mistaken?"

My heart stopped when he first mentioned Dan's name but I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel as I carefully composed my answer. The only people who knew me and had seen me with Dan were the conference attendees and they all left the morning after the conference ended.

This had to be about the drinks in the lounge on the last night of the conference, although I was at a loss to understand how Walt had found out about that.

"Walt, I'm sorry. With the excitement of you coming the next day I forgot all about that. I probably shouldn't have but I did go to the lounge with him on the last night of the conference. We did invite a number of people to join us but everyone was anxious to pack to go home and I was on such a high over the success of the conference that I went with him on my own. I had two drinks then left. I turned down his invitation to walk me to my room, then returned to the room on my own and called you at home."

Try as I have, I still cannot describe the look on his face; relief that that was all there was to it; embarrassment over showing his jealousy, anger, upset, what? I don't know, but he was still calm, although serious, and I took that as a good sign.

With that look still on his face he calmly asked, "Was that all there was to it?"

Still having a mind set for that last night of the conference I said, "Yes, that's all there was to it."

He simply stared at me, still with that mysterious look and just as it appeared like he would speak, in that split second I decided not to say anything that would unnecessarily hurt Walt's feelings and I continued truthfully with what I hoped was a sincere look on my face, "Walt, aside from a few private fantasies in my mind of being with Brad Pitt or some other guy that turned me on, I have never been with anyone other than you since we started dating."

Still, that look!

It seemed an eternity before he spoke again. "Are you telling me that drinks in the lounge on the last night of the conference was all there was to it?"

Knowing that in the case of that last night of the conference, it was true, I said, "Yes!"

Again the silence! Then after a while the expression changed and I think that, in retrospect, I did recognize that one.

It was a look of profound sadness!

My mind was in a turmoil. I frantically began to organize my thoughts so I could tell Walt the whole truth. I searched for the best way to begin so that I could minimize his hurt, the hurt I had been so determined not to bring him.

I waited too long!

Walt's expression hardened, he stood and took what turned out to be a Fedex package from his briefcase and threw it on the table in front of me saying, with visible, rising anger, "There was a notice on the door saying they tried to deliver this earlier today. I thought it might be important so I went to the depot to pick it up. It is addressed to "Mr. Forester", not W. Forester nor Walt Forester, just Mr!

I opened it. It's from an Ann Marie Sheffield who apparently has been concerned that her husband DAN Sheffield has been cheating on her so she engaged a P.I. to investigate. The report is quite detailed and the pictures are quite clear and sharp.

According to her note, the P.I. and of course she, only knew your name and street and city of residence from the conference information booklet and thinking your husband should know what his wife does at these conferences, she decided to send me the parts of the report that affected us and, not knowing my first name, addressed it to "Mr".

It seems that the P.I. observed the two of you in the lounge on the last night of the conference and from what I recall, it appears that it was much as you described, but when you left, he put the make on at least three other women before he finally left with one of them and went back to her room where he spent the night.

Sheffield was again observed by the P.I. when he returned the following night and met you in the lobby. From there you proceeded to have a number of drinks with him in the lounge and you spent a lot of time dancing. The photographs show a move to more and more intimacy on the dance floor.

At approximately 9:30 he went to the gift shop where he purchased condoms, then he went to the front desk and registered for a room.

Shortly after that he ordered champagne and snacks from room service from a house phone, then the two of you went to his room. Room service arrived moments after you and at about 11:15PM, after almost an hour and a half, you left his room, but not before he came to the door and kissed you goodnight.

Did I miss anything?"

I was still in too much shock to say anything, so he continued, "By the way, I see, from your "ground rules" that you already know your lover boy is a shoplifter as well. According to the P.I. report, he got caught trying to steal a watch in one of the stores in town."

"Walt," I almost shouted out. "I know how awful this looks but I did not sleep with Dan Sheffield."

The calmness of his response frightened me more than anything else had to that point.

"And in the face of all this evidence and your blatant lie that a couple of drinks in the lounge the night before was all there was to it, I should believe you . . . why?"

"Walt, I love you and only you and I swear, I have not done what it looks like I have. Please, please, please let me tell you the whole story." I pleaded.

"Patti, the time for telling me the "whole story" would have been when I arrived at the resort or at the very least, a few moments ago when I asked you point blank, "Was that all there was to it?". Right now I am in such a turmoil over this that I can't think straight. What I believed was the most romantic and exciting time I have ever had with you may have been, in reality, almost two weeks of sloppy seconds and that makes me feel ill. Hearing you lie like that to my face just now makes me want to throw up!

I'm going to get out for a while to try to clear my head. You better read the report and see the pictures before you try any more lies on me."

"No Walt, please don't go. I know this looks bad but it isn't what it looks like, I swear on everything that was ever important to me."

Plead as I did, Walt turned away from me but not in time to avoid me seeing the tears well up in his eyes. I watched helplessly as he went straight out the door to his car and drove away.

For what seemed like a very long time I did nothing, but I was finally drawn to the Fedex package like a moth to a flame. As bad as things seemed when Walt related all that to me, as I initially glanced through the whole report and the photographs, I could see that it was much worse.

The photographs showed us having a drink in the lounge on the last night of the conference, meeting in the lobby the night afterwards, drinking together at the table in the lounge, dancing in the lounge, with the date and time stamps on each picture measuring the time as we progressed to more and more intimate dancing. Two of them showed Dan kissing my cheek while we were on the dance floor. There were pictures of Dan entering and leaving the gift shop, of him at the resort registration desk and of him using the house phone in the lobby.

The written report was clearly a part of a much larger report as what we had, began on page 6 with details of Dan's activities during the conference. There was very little damning information until page 7 when it described him being overheard while he tried to get some others to join us in the lounge for a nightcap and on not getting any takers, the report stated that we went on our own.

It did support my claim that I returned to my room alone and then went on to show he tried with three other women before scoring and spending the night with the third.

The P.I overheard most of our conversation in the lounge. He heard me set down the "ground rules" to Dan, (His room, one time only, one condom, here's what will happen if this ever gets out) he observed Dan buying condoms in the gift shop, registering for a room and ordering champagne and snacks from room service. The report went on to say that we walked together to the room he had just registered for and that I was in there for approximately one hour and twenty minutes.

As damning as all that was, the worst was yet to come!

The last three pictures showed Dan kissing my cheek as I left his room and me walking back to my room with the look of sheer joy on my face, joy that I felt from making the decision that my marriage to Walt was far more important to me than fucking Dan Sheffield, but who would believe that now? Looking at it, I think I now know what is often referred to as a "just fucked look" but that's not what this was!

When I came to, I was disoriented and it took me a while to realize that that I must have fainted. As I gradually regained my senses I was immediately struck by the horror of my situation. In spite of my avowed intention never to do anything that would hurt Walt, I clearly had done exactly that.

Walt!

Where was he?

I looked at the clock and it read 10:43PM. I had no idea how long I had been out or how long Walt had been gone. I tried his cell but there was no answer. I left message after message begging him to call and at least let me know he was O.K.

At 11:35PM my phone rang. I grabbed at it at once and called out "Walt!" but as I did I could see that the call was from my sister Barb.

"Patti. It's Barb. Are you O.K.?"

"Barb, Walt has left me and I can't reach him. He doesn't know what really happened and I need to reach him. I didn't do what he thinks . . . "

"PATTI! Calm down!" Barb shouted into the phone.

Her loud and seemingly angry voice caught me and I shut up.

"Walt is here with Mike but he's in bad shape and it sounds like you're not doing too well either. What the hell has happened? Walt is saying only that things are really bad and that he has left you. What in hell is going on?"

"Tell him I love him and I'm so sorry!" I blurted out.

"You're sorry! What the hell have you done Patti?" my sister shouted. "Walt is a mess and you sound terrible!"

I can't recall much more of the conversation. I was hysterical most of the time, I'm sure. After having listened to me repeat over and over that I hadn't done what Walt thought I had, Barb finally decided to come to see me.

That night when I finally calmed down enough to do so, I told my sister the whole story leaving out nothing. I showed her the Fedex package Walt had left behind.

After going through it at least twice that I can recall, I remember her staring at me for the longest time and it finally dawned on me that even my own sister was finding it difficult to believe me.

She didn't come right out and say it, but she just wasn't sure!

She stayed the night and called in sick for me the next day.

Walt didn't come home. Barb said he stayed with Mike but that Mike still didn't know what was going on as Walt wouldn't tell him anything other than we had a major falling out and Barb didn't want to discuss it with her husband on the telephone.

Barb returned to her home 2 days later when I had finally cried myself out. I was in total despair but after a drug induced rest, I settled down a little!

On the third day Walt called. His voice was flat and emotionless as he said, "I guess we have to talk Patti. I've heard the story you told Barb and frankly I find it insulting that in spite of the pictures and the P.I. report, you still insist you haven't been fucking Sheffield.

If you are sticking with that story, let's just decide how to divide the spoils and go our separate ways."

When I heard that I felt like my chest was being crushed!

A few moments later Barb came on the line and although I don't remember exactly what was said, I do recall that she said they were bringing Walt home.

Later that afternoon they did what they said they would do and strangely, it was Mike who seemed to take the lead.

"You two are exhausted and on edge and we think you need a cooling off period. We suggest you agree not to try to discuss any of this until the weekend. Walt says he will move to the guest bedroom in the front and you Patti can stay in the master suite."

By that time I was grasping for anything that would keep us together so I agreed immediately. I made it clear that I would prefer that we continue to share the same room and bed but if Walt needed the space, I would move to a guest room and allow him the continued luxury of our master suite. After a brief discussion during which Walt pointed out there would be much more clothing and toiletries to move if I went to the guestroom, I gave in.

After a while, Barb and Mike left and we settled into an uneasy peace. Walt spent most of the evening in the guest room watching TV. I knocked on the door about 6:00 and asked if he wanted dinner to which he replied "No thank you!" About an hour later he came downstairs and put on his jacket.

"Where are you going?" I asked?

"Patti, I'm not trying to be smart-assed or rude," he said in the gentlest of voices, " but I don't think that's any of your business anymore. When we've finished this "cooling off" period, we'll decide what we're going to do and what you have a right to know about what I'm doing, if anything at all."

Then he turned and left.

He returned about an hour and a half later and went straight to the guestroom. I didn't sleep much that night as I didn't want to take any more of Barb's sleeping pills. I must have dozed off a few times and about 5:30AM I could hear the shower in the upstairs bathroom.

I got up and put some coffee on and it was ready when Walt got downstairs, clearly dressed to go to work. He was surprised to see me and being caught off guard, he accepted a cup of coffee but refused breakfast.

As he sat in silence drinking his coffee, he suddenly blurted out, "Damn you Patti! How could you throw everything away like that? What was so great about a roll in the hay with Sheffield that you would give up what we had together?"

"I know how bad it looks but I swear Walt, I never had sex with Dan Sheffield! Please bear with me and I'll tell you the whole story."

Although I knew it would be difficult . . . very, very difficult to explain my occasional lust for Dan in a manner that Walt wouldn't be threatened by, I gave it my best shot. Before I managed to finish with a truthful step by step description of what happened that night, it was obvious Walt was skeptical at best, but he headed off to work without any further comments.

By the time Walt returned home that night after he had given me the chance to tell him the whole truth right down to the "gory" details, I think I was more troubled and more hurt than when he first confronted me with my foolishness. As I carefully examined what had transpired and what my role in it was, it became even more obvious that, from Walt's point of view, I had committed adultery that night, that I had fucked Dan Sheffield.

I have to give Walt his due!

He had listened intently and did not interrupt but if he wasn't interrupting, the pain, so very visible in his face and his body language, caused me to fumble through my carefully thought out list of the facts as I remember them.

That he doubted the veracity of what I told him, he made painfully obvious, but it was what he said next led me to begin to really fear that our marriage might be forever, irreparably damaged.

"Even if I were to believe this fantastic tale that, although the pictures and the eyewitness accounts showed you planning, even taking the lead in planning to fuck Sheffield, to the point of setting down the "rules", only to back out at the last minute, yet still spend most of two hours in his room, accept a kiss at the door from a guy you claim you just turned down and walked away from that room with an expression that, in some circles, might be called a "just fucked look".

Even if I believed all that, would it make any difference? You still plotted to fuck him while you were married to me!"

I found the sadness on his face almost unbearable and I wanted to run and hide my shame for causing it but I knew if I did, it would all be over.

With that said, Walt sat down and in spite of his attempts to hold them back, tears ran down his cheeks.

Not knowing what else I could do, I simply sat and watched, waiting for any opportunity to ease his pain. I have no idea how long it was but after a while it was if Walt had focused on a thought and for a bit, he was lost in it.

Then it was a much different expression as if he had somehow made a discovery or come to some sort of solution and he turned to me and said, "While you so carefully plotted to fuck Dan Sheffield, secretly, so that I would never find out, you forgot me! When you were so consumed with lust for that son-of-a-bitch, you forgot ME, your HUSBAND, the guy you married and promised to love and forsake all others for!"

cageytee
cageytee
722 Followers