Consequences - Shelly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His partners were no longer involved in what he did but he still kept them in the loop and offered them chances in some of the bigger deals. He felt it good business to stay on good terms with them and to spread the risk on the big jobs. It had been good for all of them and they continued to be willing to spend big when he told them it was in their best interests.

Jerry had made a lot of money over the years and he had used it to buy the house and the large yard that Shelly loved. He bought her whatever she wanted and she wanted a lot. A new car, jewelry, good clothes. Anything she wanted he gave her. He loved her with all his heart and to buy those things for her gave him pleasure. And he thought she returned that love, especially when they had Tracy. She was their pride and joy but Shelly didn't want to make the effort they would need to have a second child. That disappointed him but he gave in, as he did with anything she wanted.

After the partners were taken care of, he called his home. He waited as the phone rang and was only slightly disappointed when Tracy answered instead of Shelly.

"Hi Tracy, its dad. What's going on? I expected to hear from your mom, but no calls. Is anything wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong dad. Just mom being the way she's been for the past few months. We were talking at dinner tonight and she just went away. I have no idea what's wrong but it bothers me a lot. I just want you to come home and make things the way they were before it all went to crap!"

"Where is she now? Can she come to the phone?"

"She's in her room. She went up there after dinner and she hasn't been back down. She's being weird, dad. Just come home, please."

"I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I'll be home early in the afternoon. Don't tell her that I'm coming home a day early. I'll surprise her with something nice. I'll make it from both of us. How about that?"

"Sounds like it might work. OK, I won't say anything. By the way, I'm home late tomorrow. We have a meet and it won't be over till about seven. I'll see you sometime after then. Love you dad."

Jerry hung up, considered what his daughter said and was surprised that she had recognized the changes as well. He packed his bags and made ready to catch his flight the following morning. He wanted to get home as soon as he could. Maybe he could begin to set things right and find out what the problem was.

At Home

It was still early morning when he arrived at his office in downtown Scottsdale after the short flight. He checked in with his secretary and got his notes. He skimmed through them, stopping at one that caught his attention. It was from Nicky Prescott, a good friend of his. She was the widow of one of the few people he relied on early in his career. Her husband had been a guiding force for him and he truly missed him when he died in an accident three years ago. He had maintained his friendship with Nicky. He cleared his desk and then picked up the phone to call her.

When she answered, he spoke easily with her for a few minutes, catching both of them up on current events and then he asked her what he could do for her. Her answer surprised him and made him uneasy.

"Listen Jerry, you know I love you to death, and I really like Shelly. But I have to tell you that I'm worried. There is something going on between Shelly and this man, Reed Cunningham. He's a major contributor to Walt's campaign and he comes from a rather dark background. I've been at the headquarters and I've seen them together. There's something going on and it's not good."

Jerry listened, the words causing a sinking feeling in his stomach. He knew she was also a supporter of Walter Kincaid, the same man his wife worked for. These words, coming at this time when both he and his daughter had noticed something going on with Shelly was too much to be a coincidence.

"What did you see Nicky? Anything that was out of line?" Hoping that she would say no, he waited.

"Well, yesterday they left together without a word to anyone. They took his car and her car was still in the parking lot an hour later. And today, neither of them are in. She's never missed a Thursday before this. Walt always goes over the next week's agenda on Thursday so none of us want to miss it."

"It does sound sort of bad, doesn't it? I guess I'll have to look into it."

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Jerry, but I care so much about you. You and Tracy don't deserve this. You've always been there for me and I want to return the favor. I pray it's nothing to worry about."

They talked for a few more minutes before Jerry hung up. It had taken all of his control not to slam the phone down and drive home to confront his wife. But he knew that he would have to make plans first to find out the truth. Confrontation was not the best course of action, especially with a cheating wife. She would lie to cover her actions and she would do it without a problem. He needed proof if there was any to be had.

The Affair Begins

As Jerry flew home the following morning, his plane somewhere over the Rocky Mountains, Shelly was just rising for the new day.

Shelly woke at her regular time and made sure Tracy was up and getting ready for school. She had gone to bed very early last night, her thoughts a tangled web, weaving between her husband and Reed Cunningham. She couldn't stop her mind from going over the afternoon with Reed. She knew what she did was wrong and her guilt was strong, but when she pictured his eyes, his mouth, that magnificent body with its muscles and finally his rather large cock, the guilt retreated into the background and thoughts of Jerry faded.

Then she would remember her husband and the guilt resurfaced. He was the man she loved, there was no question about that. Jerry was her rock, her love and her future. He was her husband and Tracy's father and nothing was going to change that. And she did worry that what she was doing could jeopardize their marriage, but she wasn't sure why she couldn't stop thinking about Reed. What was it that dragged her thoughts back to him?

Tracy was not in a talkative mood that morning as she popped two slices of bread in the toaster, poured herself a glass of chocolate milk, spread butter on the toast and sprinkled it liberally with cinnamon and sugar. She sat sullenly at the table and ate, not responding to her mother. Shelly tried several times to talk to her but finally gave up, her daughter's reticence not causing any alarms in her head. She watched her head out to catch the bus and was slightly relieved to see her go. She needed some time alone to get her thoughts straight. Jerry would be home tomorrow and then she could try to make herself the wife he expected. She knew she hadn't been that person for some time.

Jerry's plane landed at the airport and taxied up to the gate as Shelly got dressed for the new day.

She was standing at the sink an hour later, dressed and ready to go to the meeting at Walter Kincaid's headquarters. This was the weekly agenda meeting and she never missed one of those. She was just cleaning up the few dishes from breakfast when the doorbell rang. She went to answer it, wiping her hands on a dish towel. She opened the door to find Reed standing there, grinning.

Taken by his unexpected presence, she stepped back and he took that opportunity to move inside closing the door behind him. He watched her as she stared back at him, her eyes wide and her mouth open in surprise. He said nothing but moved toward her and took her in his arms.

"You look and smell wonderful. I couldn't get you out of my head all last night, and I couldn't wait any longer this morning. I have to make love to you again. This time I want to make it last and I want to take you in your husband's bed."

Shelly was torn by conflicting feelings. Jerry was coming home tomorrow and she had to fight to get back to where they were: to make their marriage mean something again. She also felt the heat growing in her belly from the contact with Reed. His magnetism was overwhelming her and she knew she was falling fast. She had only one chance to say no and this was it.

"Please Reed. Don't do this! Please don't!" She struggled, but even to her, her words lacked conviction and the movement was less a plea for freedom than a move to feel his body slide against hers.

Reed paid no attention to her pleas and simply moved his hand down to cup her breast. He squeezed the nipple gently as he pressed his lips against hers. He almost smiled when he felt her body relax and sag against his. He knew she was his when her mouth opened to accept his questing tongue. He reached down and put one arm under her knees and the other around her back, lifting her easily. He pressed his mouth onto hers as he carried her upstairs and into the master bedroom. He dropped her down on the tangled bedcovers where she had slept alone the night before.

As Jerry was talking to Nicky Prentice, Shelly and Reed were just beginning to betray Jerry once again.

With little thought for what he was about to do, Reed kicked off his shoes, tore off his shirt and pants and helped Shelly do the same. She was almost as eager as he as she stripped to her panties. She was panting now, reaching for his already engorged cock with her hands. She wanted to feel that monster in her mouth right away. She could almost remember the taste of him from yesterday. Without thinking she was licking her lips as she pulled him to her. She took him inside and closed her eyes in pleasure.

Reed was content to let her do this for him. After all, once he came, he could last much longer as he plunged himself inside her. He also remembered her from yesterday and the feel of her legs wrapped around his butt was intoxicating. As he plunged into her, she had tightened her legs pulling him even deeper. She was one of the best pieces of ass he had had in a long time. He was looking forward to fucking her brains out this morning.

Jerry was making his plans for finding out what they were doing as Reed filled Shelly's mouth with his fluid. She seemed to be greedy for it, not like she was when doing it for Jerry. But Jerry didn't know that. How could he?

For the next hour, Shelly and Reed fucked each other with pure lust and abandonment. Neither thought of anyone but the other as they wore each other out. Once they were sated, they showered together and went downstairs to talk before Reed had to leave for an appointment. Their words were not those of lovers or friends but those of two strangers. They found that when they were not in lust, they had nothing to say to each other. Reed took his leave as soon as possible, the quiet and the strain of trying to say something inconsequential impossible to bear for any longer.

Jerry was just finishing his plans as Reed's Explorer moved down the long access road exiting the subdivision where Jerry and Shelly lived. He knew what he was going to do.

Jerry drove home, his plans now in effect. He decided that he would do nothing to alert Shelly until he had something worth taking that action. He remembered his promise to his daughter and had picked up some flowers and takeout Chinese for dinner. That was enough to ease her mind. Something different; something a loving husband would do for his loving wife. So much for pretense.

Shelly was home and sitting on the back porch, a cold drink in one hand and a magazine in her other. Jerry stood at the window watching her. He still found her beautiful, almost more so than when he had married her. She had long blonde hair worn straight, with short bangs and a sweep over one ear. Her eyes were that light shade of blue that he found devastating. She had gained some weight but it was all in the areas where it was most pleasing. Her curves were quite spectacular and he was aware of it.

He thought about their life up to this point and he had no idea why it had begun to change so dramatically in such a short time. Up until about three months ago, their lives had been ordinary, often predictable but sometimes spontaneous, and always fun. Tracy was the joy of their lives and both of them participated in her activities when possible. Jerry knew he worked a lot of hours but he was always home for them on weekends and most evenings. He took Shelly with him when he traveled when possible.

Then it had begun to change. Shelly became quiet, more on edge, unusually touchy about little things and their sex life had come to an abrupt halt. Other than the two times he remembered, she was cold and withdrawn. He had done nothing to bring that on and when he tried to discuss it, she closed him out. Now, it was beginning to make sense. Nicky's phone call had brought the entire thing into focus.

Jerry went back into the kitchen; got himself a cold bottle of beer, put the flowers in a vase and the food in the oven on warm. It would hold till Tracy got home. He looked once more at Shelly sitting alone on the porch and decided he had to let her know he was home. He walked out the door, letting it slam behind him. She turned and looked up at him in surprise. He thought he saw a flash of disappointment in them as well but he could have been mistaken.

"Hi honey. What are you doing home? I thought you were coming back tomorrow."

"Sorry to disappoint you but I finished my business and decided to come home instead of spending another lonely night in a hotel room."

"I'm not disappointed, silly! I was just surprised. I'm glad you're home. Are you hungry?"

"Not yet. I picked up Chinese on the way and put it in the oven. I can wait till dinner."

"That's very nice of you. Tracy will be happy to see you. She was feeling lonely last night. I don't know why but I noticed it. Maybe you can talk to her; cheer her up."

"Maybe. We'll see."

As he said that, he watched Shelly's attention turn back to the magazine and he knew that his suspicions were correct. She was thinking of someone else now, not him. The love he used to see in her eyes when he came home was missing, replaced by disinterest. That thought hit him hard just then and he almost gasped with the force of the blow to his heart. Nothing physical could hurt that much. He turned and walked back inside, before Shelly could see the tears that started to well up in his eyes. He rushed through the kitchen and into his office where he shut the door, flipped the lock and dropped down hard in his chair. He let go then and the tears came with a rush.

Shelly had similar thoughts as Jerry stood there. She searched for the feelings of relief and happiness that he was home should bring, but the only thoughts that came were of her and Reed earlier that morning in bed, screwing each other. She felt the heat rise to her face and turned it away and down to the magazine in her hands before Jerry could see. She was ashamed of her thoughts but she couldn't make them stop. She was obsessed with Reed and nothing she did made her stop dwelling on him and their time together. All she could think about was the next time. And there would be a next time, of that she was certain.

They made it through the evening and to the next day without either one letting the other know that there was a problem. Jerry was quiet and withdrawn and Shelly was remote and uninterested in either her husband or her daughter. Bedtime was typical, Shelly going up first, already asleep when Jerry came up.

Jerry and Tracy took off the next morning and were gone most of the day. Shelly didn't notice since she had gone into work and when Reed came to her, she went with him once more to a motel and there they stayed together until it was beginning to get late. She showered, dressed and drove home to find them gone. She fixed a small supper of leftovers and waited for them to return, her thoughts on Reed as they had been for most of the last several months.

When Jerry and Tracy came in later, they told her that they had gone to a ball game where Tracy's current boyfriend was playing, then the tree of them had gone for milkshakes and then to a movie. Jerry sat beside his daughter and it was fun when her boyfriend had tried to put his arm around her only to find Jerry's arm already there. Tracy took it all in stride and enjoyed being with both of them together. Shelly did feel a small tremor of guilt when she realized she didn't know who Tracy was talking about.

Nothing much changed for the next two weeks. Shelly met Reed twice more while pretending to be volunteering. It was the following Tuesday when Shelly announced she was going to go in to work at the campaign headquarters for a couple of hours. She was vague when telling Jerry when she would be home. He listened when she called and was calm when she said she might be back late. He agreed to start dinner and take care of Tracy. He hung up and then placed a call of his own. He gave instructions to the person on the other end and told him to call back the following morning.

Jerry and Tracy shared a dinner of pizza and Pepsi with hot cinnamon buns for dessert. Neither seemed to miss Shelly and they enjoyed each other's company. Tracy did mention once that her mother had missed a lot of dinners lately and when she did come home, she was not much fun. Jerry let her talk but said nothing negative about Shelly. It was noted in his mind however, that Shelly had let not only her marriage but her role as mother slip in her priority.

Tracy was in her room probably talking on her phone to Josh, her boyfriend, and Jerry was sitting, half asleep in his chair when Shelly came home. Jerry idly noted it was after seven, much later than the hours the campaign kept. He said nothing as she hollered in to say she was home, and wasn't even surprised when she ran up the steps and then the sound of the shower came on.

He lowered his head to his chest and let the few tears left come. He knew it was over and the pain returned, so damned intense, and not for the first time. Up until recently, he had maintained a faint hope that he was mistaken and that Nicky was wrong. He had hoped for his and Tracy's sake that this was nothing but a bump in their relationship and that she had continued to maintain their marriage as sacred. He had prayed that was the case but now he was positive that it was all a lie. The reports were conclusive! She was a living lie, and her promises nothing but empty words.

He fought the anger and beat it back with the control he had always been proud of. He had made a fortune for them, made a home for them and given them all he could. He had given as much of himself as possible and he had been faithful and true to his promises to both of them. His promise to Shelly was unbroken and he was fiercely proud of that. The temptations and the promises of others to make him happy were rebuffed. He had all he wanted and needed at home. His wife and daughter were his life.

Tracy would have the best he could offer to begin her life. Her education was paid for, all she needed to allow her to spend her time where it was needed, in place. He would make her wedding, when that happened, a joy for her and he would see to it that she and the man she chose had a good start in life. That much he could give her regardless of what happened to him and his life. He had made certain that his promises to Tracy would be kept. He was proud of that fact.

Jerry slept in his office that night, rose early and went in to the office. He signed the final papers for the Denver deal and made sure they were properly filed. He would turn that property over next month and make that two million. The people who wanted the property happened to be Asian and he would make certain that both of those two million that would be his share were directly deposited in a bank in Switzerland in an account that was already well endowed from years of deals with foreign clients. Neither Shelly nor the US government knew anything about that money since it never entered or left the US. The balance would be duly noted and deposited in the corporation's coffers. No problem with the government.