Conspiracy Theory Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It appears that he took an overdose of sleeping tablets." Dan said. Tim almost choked on his drink.

"Suicide? Bullshit!" he shot back. "No way -- that's not the Don Close I knew. He was trying to convert everyone and anyone to Catholicism while we were out there."

"So you don't believe he took his own life?" Dan asked. Tim shook his head vehemently.

"Never -- I can't relate to the religious mind set, but he was the kind of guy who would go out of his way to talk to you about his beliefs with a big beaming smile on his face. It was almost like some sort of insidious conversion process, I swear." Tim glanced down at his watch. "Look, I've got to get back downstairs -- is there anything else I can help with?"

"No, I think that's about it really," Dan scooped up the Dictaphone and placed it back in his pocket. "But you might want to be vigilant, in case anything does happen."

"Hey, I've got more than my fair share of problems at the moment," Tim replied as he escorted Dan down the stairs. He noticed Kelly at the bottom of them. "But thanks for the warning, I figure I've got more than enough protection right now."

"Fair enough," Dan said as he made his way to the exit. "But tell me, how does a top-flight scientist like yourself end up running a comic book shop?"

"Probably in the same way that a high flying fleet street journalist ends up being drummed out of the mainstream for printing something he should have checked out properly to begin with." Tim countered. "Shit happens." He added. "Good day to you Mister Crossman." As Tim watched Dan Crossman walk away from the store he felt a presence behind him. "How much did you hear?"

"Enough." Kelly responded. "Do we need to be concerned?"

"No, it's nothing we can't handle if it comes to it," He reassured her as he closed the door. "Now, did you manage to fix the pipe?"

"Of course I did," Kelly said. "Did you think a piece of pipe would stop me?"

"Nope, not for one second." Tim replied.