Contentment

Story Info
Finding peace in the little things.
760 words
4.62
5.1k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
meop79
meop79
6 Followers

She was 9 years old. She ran down the sidewalk clutching it in her hands. Her hair flowing out behind her like sunlight, her face almost breaking with the grin stretching it. Her eyes shone like diamonds catching the sun. Up the stairs and across the porch, in the door, across the living room, delighting in the look of astonishment, she held it up, it's gorgeous petals and perfect leaves, its delicate scent, perfect. "I love you Daddy!"

She was 16 years old. She danced! Her gorgeous evening gown flowing about her like water, her hair done up perfectly, even hints of the perfect perfume swirled out from her as she moved. And, she danced! There was laughter and flirting and admiring young men trying to get just one dance. There was punch and cookies, there was music and light, and she danced, all through the night.

She was 22 years old. She walked down the isle. Everyone was there. Butterflies danced madly in her stomach, her gown her mother's, her hair in a coiffure of bluebells and light from the delicate things woven into it, her arm wrapped in her fathers, her eyes locked on the one whom she would promise forever to. Saying yes, kissing, the reception, the gifts, the dancing, her Daddy's tears of joy and wistfulness, that night... oh that night...

She was 26 years old. The doctor was their, her husband, her family, soon she would give birth to the wiggling bundle of joy she could feel moving around inside of her. She was elated and terrified. She breathed, she cussed, she held on for dear life, she said "Never Again!", she looked into her baby daughter's eyes, she held her for the first time, she nursed her at her breast, she was awash in emotions too difficult to describe but she knew she loved this little child more than life itself.

She was 34 years old. She stood at the front of the room and everyone cheered. She was the one that had done this, she was the one that these people were here in honor of, she saw the happiness and appreciation, and camaraderie in the eyes of the ones she had worked so hard with. She took the podium and began to speak.

She was 47 years old. She cheered madly. So happy to see her daughter there, so proud of her, the honors that she had earned, the recognition and the degree she had worked for, her little girl was a grown woman and she was so happy. The party, her daughter interacting, so assured, nothing like the little girl of old, yet still with that joy for life and beautiful smile.

She was 56 years old. She played with the wonderful wriggling ball of joy, changed the diapers and cooed and gooed and kissed the wonderfully fat cheeks and relished the awesome look of wonder she had almost forgotten from seeing it in her own children's eyes. She was Grandma now and oh how wonderful it was.

She was 67 years old. The world small below her window stretched out like a living map as they flew. The beach, the sand, the sun, together they reveled in it. She was new again, life seemed like it had just begun once again. The lovemaking hot and beautiful that filled their nights, she did not try to process all the things that had gone before, she just reveled in this wonderful creature and the utter joy and happiness of it.

She was 78 years old. Still sharing, giving, and caring. Active each day and spreading her talents far and wide in her volunteer work, in caring for the "Elderly" at the local senior center, in gathering donations for her causes. Missing her children when they were not near and reveling in the joys of Great-Grandmotherhood. Never stopping, energy and joy and things to fill her day, each day, a gift for her and her a gift for others.

She was 89 years old. All her family was there. A birthday celebration to remember, the photos, the memories, so many old and new friends. She was bemused with all of the love and affection, she wasn't so special, if they thought she was special they should have known her Mother, now there was an amazing lady...

She was 92 years old. Her family was once again together. The doctors were there. Her favorite Grandson, her lovely daughter grown into such a fine woman. Her memories, and it was warm, and sleep was easy.

meop79
meop79
6 Followers