Continuing On with My Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,700 Followers

"Yes, sir," replied the drunk. "I apologize, miss. I meant no harm."

"Do you have a ride home? I hope you 're not driving in that condition," replied the officer.

"Yes, I have friends inside; they'll drive me home," as he went back into the hall.

I looked at the officer. "Elderly fellow? I ought to put you over my knee."

"Easy, dad, I'm a police officer. I had to treat it as any other public disturbance."

"Mike, I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know you were an officer." replied Kim.

"Did you speak the truth? After all I am an officer of the law."

Kim smiled, but didn't answer his question. After all she told him I was her boyfriend. Mike and his partner headed down the road and we packed up and headed for home.

The following weekend there was a girls' night out. Molly, Lisa, Ann and a couple other girls were all going out together. They asked Kim to go with them. She first said no, but eventually they convinced her.

The Monday after I got a call from Molly. She said she had to talk to me. It was extremely important. I told her to come on over and we could talk. She mentioned she wanted to come when Kim wasn't there. After Kim and Rachel when shopping Molly showed up.

"What's the matter, honey? You sounded like a nervous wreck."

"It's Kim, dad."

"What about Kim?"

"When we had a girls night out, we all danced with decent men. We were all married except for Kim so she got asked more than we did. She was asked out for a number of dates with some really nice men that we all knew from our jobs."

"So, what's the problem? Haven't you been trying to fix her up for months now."

"She turned down all the dates, dad. I asked her why and she said she was in love with one man and was waiting for him to ask her to marry him?"

I had a lump in my throat. I knew this day was coming. It really hurt inside but I tried not to show it.

"So, what's wrong, Molly. Isn't this what you wanted?"

"Yes and no, dad, I wanted her to find a good man but she told me the man she was in love with was you, dad. It's you that Kim's in love with. What are we going to do? She's my best friend and she's in love with my father."

"Sit down for a moment, Molly. I need to talk with you. I don't exactly know how to say this so I'm going to come right out with it. I've loved Molly almost from the beginning."

"But, dad, she's so much younger than you."

"I know, sweetheart, and that's why I have never told her. I tried to be supportive of her and not interfere with her life. Deep down I miss your mother; I miss having companionship. Kim and Rachel fill that void. I never knew what to do about it but now that I know she feels that way about me, I want to marry her."

"Oh, God, dad, I'm happy but confused. Have you two been lovers?"

"Molly, that's not something you should ask me but, the answer is no, we haven't. I've wanted to many times but I didn't want to ruin our relationship."

"I'm sorry, dad, but I'm mixed up too. I want the best for you and I want the best for Kim. I just never thought of her being my mom."

"She will never be your mom; no woman will replace your mom, but she could always be your best friend as well as my wife."

"Dad, I love you so much and want you to be happy. If it's Kim that does that for you, I can live with it."

"I want you to call you brothers and sister and see where everyone stands on this issue and then get back to me. I don't want to say anything to Kim till I have things figured out."

"Okay, dad, I'll get back with you later."

"I sat back in my chair and contemplated my future.

The Conclusion:

Well, things went on rather normally for the next week. I asked Kim not to plan any parties for the following week. There was a special family dinner at the Olive Garden and the family wanted to know if she could attend. She asked me what it was and I told her that Molly would explain it to her.

Molly kept putting off telling her the reason for the party until Saturday when they were on their way to it. She asked Molly why I didn't go with them and that's when Molly told her what the party was about.

"Dad's got a girlfriend. I don't know if you ever knew it but he's going to propose to her tonight."

Kim had tears in her eyes. "Who is she? I have never seen him with a woman at the house. Will I have to move out? I don't think I could live there with him and his wife and still be the cook and housekeeper."

"Dad said he's got it figured out. I'm sorry, Kim. I know you liked him a lot."

"I don't think I can go in. Honestly, I can't go to this dinner. Please drive me home."

"No, Kim, dad would be devastated if you didn't attend. After all, you're his best friend."

"Then why is he marrying some one else if I'm his best friend? It's that stupid age thing isn't it. I'm too damn young, right? He doesn't think we can be happy together, right? I can't go in, I just can't."

"Okay, you big crybaby, I'll tell you. I was only allowed to tell you if you were going to be trouble."

"Trouble? Crybaby? Molly, I love your dad and I'm losing him. I have a good reason to be trouble, and mad and crying, don't you think?"

"No, you don't! It's you that dad is going to propose to tonight, 'Mom'," Molly laughed.

Kim started crying again, she didn't stop even when they pulled in front of the restaurant. I was standing at the door holding Rachel's hand when Kim got out of the car.

She hadn't stopped crying as Rachel ran up to her and asked her, "Mom, are you going to say 'Yes' and marry dad?"

Kim looked down at her daughter's happy face. "My answer is yes, honey. I loved him from the day we met him."

"Me too, mommy. I loved dad from the beginning too. Now we will be a normal family, right, mom?"

"We'll be a family but time will tell how normal we are, sweetheart."

We all went inside and I made my grand announcement.

"Okay, family, you're all here. I want to announce that I'm in love with Kim and I want to marry her. If any of you have a problem with that I want to know it now."

No one said a word but one by one they stood up and started clapping until they were all applauding.

Kim came up to me and I asked, "Kim, will you marry me and make me the happiest man on the planet?

"Yes, Ed, I'll marry you and I'm already the luckiest woman alive."

We kissed on the lips for really the first time. Then Kim looked over the guests and saw her mother and her step-father were there as well. She ran back and gave her mother a hug.

We were married two weeks later. Rachel had two questions for us.

"Am I Jimmy's aunt now?" asked Rachel. Jimmy was Molly's son who was the same age as Rachel.

"In a sense you are but he doesn't have to call you Aunt Rachel. What's the other question?

"Dad, are you too old to give me a brother or sister?

Kim started laughing and said, "Let me answer that one sweetheart. No, daddy is not to old and we will start on that tonight."

Isn't life great!

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments welcome

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,700 Followers