Corporate Family Dinner Ch. 05

Story Info
A wife strays - the path to Hell.
10.8k words
4.34
63.8k
38

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/09/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
justbobkc
justbobkc
675 Followers

Elaine - Tuesday morning:

I woke up with the alarm at 7AM and looked out our - now only my - bedroom window. Bob's car was gone already. I was going to have to start getting up earlier if I even wanted even a glimpse of Bob in the morning anymore, I guessed.

I actually felt a lot better today physically. The bruises were definitely fading and no more burning when I peed. But I was still desperately unhappy and confused and worried. Bob had made love to me last Thursday night - the night before the family dinner. It seemed now like a long time ago and even in another life. We had certainly gone for longer periods in the past without sex. But we had always slept together and just talked to one another each and every day. Not now, though.

I was lost in these thoughts at breakfast when Jules asked me, "are you and Dad getting divorced?"

I probably had that deer in the headlights look, for a second.

"Oh, Jules, hon - I don't think so. I sure hope not. I don't want that and your Dad hasn't said he does, either. It's just - I've done some things that have made him unhappy with me. I didn't mean to upset him, at all. But I did.

"And he really does have some work problems and issues he is focusing on right now. He IS going in to work real early right now and just doesn't want to wake us up in the morning either. That's why he is sleeping downstairs, for now."

"OK, Mom - I sure hope you don't get divorced. I love you and Dad and just being a family all together."

It was all I could do not to start sobbing.

After Jules left to catch her ride with the neighbor whose turn it was in the school carpool - I had time to think some more with my coffee. I seemed to have more time to think right now than ever before. Or maybe I didn't WANT to think so much before.

I never considered what I was doing as "cheating" on Bob. I never felt guilty, even - after that very first time. I wasn't "dating" any of those men. There was no "romance" or even friendly talking that turned into even an "emotional" affair. I wasn't looking to trade-up Bob for a better husband - richer, bigger cock, better fucker, more attentive to my own needs, or anything else. I loved Bob and wanted him as my husband from the first time we made love. Right then I felt really strongly and just knew that Bob loved me. And I loved Bob loving me - and I wanted him.

I didn't get pregnant so soon on purpose to trap him. But I did get careless and often just passionately carried away when we made love. Bob loved that kind of spontaneity as well and never complained and seemed very happy to marry me so prematurely. He had his own dreams of becoming a lawyer and marrying me probably ended them. But he did the best he could and his loving kindness to me and then Julia when she was born never wavered. We always had a lot of fun those first years even though money was always tight. We found plenty of free or inexpensive things to do. Walk along the Mississippi River, visit the Arch or some of the great museums in the city, or the world class Zoo. And we had a core group of friends in similar circumstances - young married families - we socialized with often.

Back then, Bob just did the 8 hour job thing. He hardly ever worked overtime and saved energy and time for me and Julia. Then gradually that changed. He changed. He was working harder and longer and with more overtime money coming in. But this meant less time, and even energy for me and Jules and friendly socializing and just joyful things. Why had he changed?

Thinking back now, did I also change? I know I did in reaction to Bob's changing - but could I have started changing myself before he had? Had I started feeling and then acting more dissatisfied with our economic hardships, and is that why Bob started working so much more overtime? It was a chicken and egg kind of question and I could not quite pin it down in my memory.

But somehow over time I was pretty sure now that I HAD become kind of a bitch - complaining more than I should have and acquiring that "pity party" attitude chip on my shoulder. But I still loved Bob alone and he was MINE. And I wasn't going to give him up without a fight - a desperate fight now if need be.

None of this reverie quite got me to that point of last Friday - when I passed far beyond just being a bit of a bitch to outright full-blown stupid bitch. I needed to figure this out before I could even hope to explain any of it to Bob, I knew.

And I needed to shower and get ready for today's doctor's appointment. Oh joy.

I was in the Urologist's office just after 1PM when my phone rang with a number I didn't recognize. I turned on the phone call recorder app I had often used in my real estate business calls - just to make sure I fully understood (could review the recording) all the myriad details buyers and sometimes sellers wanted to spell out. Maybe this was a potential client - even though I was now seriously contemplating just quitting that whole business.

"Hello," I said as pleasantly as possible.

"Elaine?" was the reply in a somewhat familiar voice - though I couldn't immediately place it.

"Yes, can I help you?"

"It's me, Sam!" I could hear the confident smile behind his words.

Fuck, I thought - what the hell?

"Yes, why are you calling me?" I replied as neutrally as possible.

"Uh, well - you left Sunday without saying goodbye and I just wanted to check with you. I was a little concerned. Everything OK with you and Bob?"

"No, it's not. But that's not your concern or business. BTW, I am getting checked for a possible STD infection right now and maybe you should get checked as well."

"Oh, shit, hold on - we all get checked periodically and you didn't get anything from us!" he protested.

"Whatever. Well, goodbye and don't ever call me again."

"Wait, wait..." I heard back.

"What?" I replied in an annoyed tone.

"Listen, I did my part. I signed off on Bob's promotion yesterday and he was told. A nice mid-level manager job with his own office in the corporate building in NYC and it literally doubled his salary PLUS a NYC living allowance stipend. You should be very happy, right?"

What? I was very confused now. Obviously Bob hadn't mentioned that because he wasn't talking to me period, but his demeanor was all wrong, as well...and also,

"How could you possibly do something like that in one day? I know enough about corporate bureaucracies and your own position that it's not possible. Are you lying? Why?"

Shit, Sam thought - he was hoping for a big "Thank You" fuck from Elaine when he came down for the announcement meeting next week - but now THAT wasn't going to happen and also the whole meeting wasn't going to happen anyway. Dumb broad wasn't quite so dumb.

"Uh, actually Bob's promotion has been in the works for about 3 months and my signature was all that was needed as the last step and a pure formality. You didn't know that? Bob hadn't kept you in the loop?"

Oh shit. What was going on? I remembered Bob mentioning something about a promotion the last couple of months but I never paid much attention and I just thought it was all more of his vague "in the future" type promises. Why hadn't I paid attention? Why did I not respect him then enough TO pay attention? I felt like crying again - but that wasn't anything new, now.

"No, I wasn't in the loop. So - it's really all a done deal?"

"Well, it was. But there's now a slight problem..."

"Oh, you fucker! You fucking asshole! If you are trying to get me to let you fuck me again I am going to cut your balls off, I swear..."

"No, no, wait - it's not that. I swear. Look, Bob resigned this morning - from the company. We tried to talk him out of it. He just said it's personal and he was adamant and gave his official 2 weeks notice and we had to let him go. He'll get the two weeks salary but he was escorted out by security today. That's just policy. I don't understand it. Do you? Wasn't he on board with you partying with us? I am real confused - no one else has ever done this. I mean, it's only a once every 5 year thing for any particular city and the wives AND their husbands all seemed to really like it in the past. Just a little adult game with all winners and no losers. Right? He's not going to try and cause any trouble, is he?"

Sigh. "I don't honestly know. We're not talking right now and he IS really upset but I just don't know..."

"Well, I don't know how he could cause us any real problems anyway. And well, I hate doing this but I need to let you know something....we take videos of all our parties. Hidden cameras and it's just a precaution we take to prove it's all consensual activity, you know? And we would HATE for some maybe really embarrassing video of you to find it's way on the I-net with anonymous email messages to Bob and your Agency with a link...Understand?"

"Did I mention FUCK YOU! yet in this conversation? I've got nothing left to lose now and I hope Bob does figure out a way to cut all your balls off. You, Sam Harrison. CFO Walter Tinsdell, and Mr. Ben Board of Directors big shot. You got that? Should I repeat it?"

"Ah, Elaine - don't be like that. You loved it all and you know it. You and Kay orgasmed better and louder than almost anyone else I've been with in the whole 20 years I've been doing this. So just be careful and take care. Think of your daughter, if not Bob or yourself if such video evidence should be "stolen" and published. And we'll take care of Bob, OK, one way or another..."

"Fuck. Don't hurt Bob. He didn't do anything and doesn't deserve it."

"Well, you handle him then. We just have to protect ourselves. That's all. We are reasonable. Just tell him we ARE really sorry for the miscommunication and misunderstanding regarding you. It was just your dress and attitude, you know..."

He had to get that last little dig in and I hung up. And the worst thing was he was right. Damn. Then I checked the recording and it was all crystal clear. Hmmm. I was going to HAVE to talk with Bob and it wasn't going to be nice for me. And he had done it, worked hard for his first great promotion, all on his own and without my "help" one little bit. And I blew it for him, somehow, as well as our marriage. I didn't deserve him and I was so afraid we both knew that now, but I had to warn him and try to find out what was going on. Did he really quit his job? Would we lose the house and then separate? Was he doing a "scorched Earth" tactic just so he wouldn't have to pay alimony - or even child support? I could not fathom he would abandon Jules. At one point I couldn't fathom he would ever abandon me, but I could now and it was a terrible thought.

******

Bob - Tuesday Morning: I woke up at 6:30 this morning.

"Ah, the Big Day." I thought to myself. I showered, dressed, and left quietly at 6:50 - 10 minutes before Elaine and Julia should start getting up. I looked up at the house and saw no lights on in the master bath window. Still asleep, looked like.

I stopped at a Waffle House and ordered a big breakfast. It was packed this time of day with mostly blue collar worker types. I found a seat at the counter and started reading the news on my Samsung Note, checking Drudge Report first, as I waited. Food came up pretty fast and as always, "good enough". I got an easy 2000 calories down quickly, probably. I figured I might need it and could always hit the gym again, later.

I walked in my office and felt pretty calm, overall, considering I was about to piss 11 years of pretty hard work right down the drain.

I unlocked my desk, got a few papers out, turned on the computer to check my corporate emails, and otherwise didn't even try to look busy. At 9:00AM I walked into Carol's office and gave her my resignation letter.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Read it."

She did for about 10 seconds.

"What? Is this a joke?" she looked at me smiling.

I wasn't smiling and just said back, "Nope. It's real. It's my official 2 weeks notice and please treat it as such. And listen, I still mean what I said yesterday. This is personal - and may even be a tad personal with person or persons unnamed in the company. But you're not one of those, at all. Please just take this to Ken, right now. OK?"

She looked like she was about to cry. Over and above whatever personal liking feelings for me she might have, identifying and promoting good people is a basic job of every manager. But having those people quit as soon as they WERE finally promoted was not a good thing on her own manager record. I understood that and was sorry. But not that sorry.

About 10 minutes later Carol came back and looked even more worried. "Ken's not very happy. He read your letter and turned red. Then he turned kind of white and got on the phone while shooing me out. What in the world is going on? Yeah, you're kind of special - but people quit all the time..."

"Don't even go there, Carol. You don't want to know. Don't even try getting anywhere near the middle of this. I'm leaving and that's all there is to it. I expect he'll want to talk to me privately in a few. But that's OK - no problem from my end."

Ten minutes later I was in Ken Watkins' office.

"Bob," he started gently, "what are you doing? Are you out of your mind?"

"Sorry," I said. "It's just something I have to do now. It's personal. Something came up and now is the time for me to leave IMT&R and just....move on."

"Damn. I didn't think you were this dumb. You don't even have a degree. No one else is going to ever give you an opportunity like this one. THINK man."

"Already have. A LOT of thought."

"But why?"

"I think you know - or have a real good idea. Tell me, who did you call as soon as Carol gave you my letter?"

He turned a little red, but tried to bluff, "just corporate HR, of course. They don't understand either and your office is practically ready. Your name's on the door, for Christ's sake."

I laughed. "There's a million corporate offices there and office musical chairs never stops. You and I both know that. But I don't think you called HR. Called someone at corporate, yes."

He looked at me silently for a few seconds, then sighed.

"She did it on her own, you know? Nobody forced her to do a damn thing. I was there. I saw how she looked and how she acted. She was all over Sam and how was he to know you hadn't both worked it out ahead of time? Your wife is your problem - but don't cut your own nose off to spite your face - think about taking care of your daughter first and foremost. Just a suggestion. Take at least another day and think it over. Please."

"You're right. She did it on her own, voluntarily. But it still wouldn't have happened if the rumors weren't already circulating and the whole environment around the "family" dinner wasn't what it was. Sam and however many, or few I sure hope, corporate execs playing at this is why this particular bit of adultery happened. And I don't accept it. I'm not planning any actual revenge - other than "divorcing" this company, first and foremost. I'll probably divorce my wife eventually, but that is now strictly between her and me. The only thing I WILL warn about is this. Anyone from IMT&R contacts her again about anything at all and it becomes a scorched Earth war between little old nobody me and rich and powerful asshole them."

"So, should I just hang around here the next 2 weeks? You and I both know I'm not doing any more actual work."

And 5 minutes after that security and Carol were watching me pack up all my personal desk items (and nothing BUT personal items) retrieved all my keys and the company ID badge, and frog-marched me out the front door. Well, maybe it just felt like being frog-marched - but I held my head up high. And smiled the whole way.

Now what, Kemosabe? I asked myself. Guess I had some time to kill until lunch. It wasn't even 10:30 yet. It was actually a bit early to call Ross, since he was more the night owl party, business or otherwise, type. I could go back to the house and watch TV in the basement. But didn't want to do that, either. I just needed to maybe clear my head a little bit. I had some things to think about. Elaine and I needed to talk, and maybe tonight could be a start. I had no idea how that would go. She certainly didn't seem defiant at all. I was clueless, as always, I guess - when it comes to what's really in a woman's heart and mind.

I was a little sad and depressed. It felt like a real divorce in many ways, after 11 years there. It was kind of like a family, in many ways. I had worked with a few people in my office for the whole 11 years. I didn't want to lose total touch with those - but it might get tricky. They might all decide they were friendlier with "the wife" (IMT&R) than me - as often happens in real divorces. And there would be no more outside work hours social functions. Like the 5 year corporate family fucking dinner event. Good.

I found an internet cafe coffee shop and checked a few things on the web. One search was merely "IMT&R family dinner scandal". Interesting what turned up in blogs and even a few news items. No national news Mainstream Media sized reporting sites. Just smaller ones not so concerned with possible huge company slander tort reactions, I was guessing. I made a few mental notes. Just being prudent. Ken really wasn't happy at all when I quit. Which told me that Sam, and possibly some others, weren't real happy either. One nobody quitting a $64k a year job was one thing. Being fired for cause and no golden parachutes from a $400-600k annual salary job with stock options and other perqs was quite another. I could see that.

It finally was lunchtime and I grabbed a bite, finally checked in with Ross and he just said. "Take the day off and relax. Call me about 10:00AM tomorrow and we'll go from there. Count on just coming by my house and working most probably. Your salary - as meager as it is - officially starts tomorrow, OK?" I could hear him grinning.

"Works for me," I smiled back.

Finally I thought, screw it. I'm going home and just watch TV and chill, probably nap. I felt bone tired.

When I got there her precious Infiniti was gone and I felt relief but couldn't help wondering if she was out "real estating" - a cool new euphemism for fucking other men. But basically I just couldn't worry about it. Which was good I thought.

About 3:30 a kind of older looking white Toyota Highlander pulled up in the driveway - and Elaine got out and walked into the house. Strange, I thought - maybe the Infiniti was getting a 15,000 mile service and this was a loaner. I had no idea how much mileage was on her car. I think I had only been in it one time and she was adamant that I "wasn't allowed to drive it." I guess that should have bothered me. I guess that her spending basically $40,000 cash buying it without running it by me first should have bothered me. But it never really did. I knew it made her really happy and it really didn't cost me or Jules anything for her to get it since she earned the money herself. It gave her pride to do that and I didn't feel diminished or threatened by her luck and success. But I didn't know then what I knew now and I knew what that car would forever more remind me of. Did she? Would she even care? Was she looking for a more steady rich asshole real estate client to replace me with permanently since her secret life wasn't anymore? Is that what Friday was really all about. Just letting clueless Bob finally get a clue? Or maybe Sam was just going to "keep her" as his mistress - put her on a $5000 a month allowance. That would be actually more than my whole salary - considering no taxes coming out of her allowance. An expensive piece of tail but I bet he could afford it.

She came in the house and I heard her moving around a bit, then the basement door opened and she came downstairs.

"Listen, we have to talk," she started.

justbobkc
justbobkc
675 Followers