Cotton Candy Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The view is so exotic that I can't help myself from having a short but strong orgasm myself, without even touching myself. Tina's body gives way, still shaking but unconscious from the marathon of orgasms she had. I'm holding onto her, watching her as she slowly calms down and I realize how much she must have enjoyed the first time I squirted all over her face. I know I want more of it, for sure!

After a few hours, we're chatting on the couch, as usual, when Tina suddenly asks.

"Olivia, if we decide to get married someday, which side will Meg take as a bridesmaid?"

I immediately blow off all of her chances.

"Don't forget, she's my daughter so she'll take my side, no matter how close of a friend you are."

She didn't argue but her question is enough to let me know she's actually thinking about the possibility.

CHAPTER 65

It's Monday, again, exactly five weeks since the first time I was at her place, and I'm busy at my counter when the alarm goes off. Business is slow so we get out of the building quickly, after closing the counter, and gather at the security zone. None of us are sure what the fuss is all about but, soon, the area is packed with police cars.

They request us to move farther away from the building after informing us about receiving a threatening call from an unknown number. The caller claims he's going to blow up this shopping Mall at twelve o'clock P.M. and he has a few bombs planted, in different spots, inside the mall, already.

The fire department and people from the bomb squad have arrived and they start searching the premises. The Mall is big and they need to search every corner. If they don't find anything, they can't allow us back inside until the mentioned detonation time to make absolutely sure and that means it's a long wait for me to go back to work, again.

Angie has her weekly day off, today, so I can't kill the time chatting with her. I could go back home but that's a long bus ride and I don't have my purse with me, so I'll go to Tina's place and surprise her. Her place isn't too far away, it might take forty to forty-five minutes, if I walk a little fast, and for the trip back, I can always ask her to drop me off or hire a cab by borrowing some money from her.

Exactly fifty minutes later, I'm standing in front of the entrance to Tina's place. Walking in, I see Diana, the receptionist, talking on the phone. I smile at her and she smiles back. She knows who I am so doesn't stop me from going in. I rush to Tina's office, very eager to surprise her with my unannounced visit. I know she'll never expect me to be here, especially now when I'm supposed to be at work.

Tina's not in her office but I'm sure she must be in the building, somewhere. If she's out, Diana would've told me already. I'm on my way back to the reception desk, to ask Diana where she is, when I see light coming out of a meeting room. The curtains aren't fully closed so I sneak a peek to see if Tina is in there.

I see her inside the meeting room with a man. They're chatting over coffee, nothing unusual, yet I panic seeing them together. I don't know what they're talking about and I'm not sure about going in or wait for the meeting to be over. I'm thinking too much to notice Diana standing beside me until she speaks.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you she's in a meeting right now."

"Do you know that man?" I ask pointing towards the man who is talking with Tina.

"Of course! He's been our major partner for years and let me tell you a secret. Before we came to know about the relationship between you two, there were rumors in the office about them getting married," she replies before walking away.

I feel thunderstruck! I can't ask Diana anything because I'm totally at a loss for words so I run back to Tina's office. I need to know if Diana is telling me the truth. I hope she's mistaken but the possibility is small. I could always talk to Leo and ask him but I don't think it's a good idea, under these circumstances. I need to find out for myself.

I start searching for evidence. I find a file with contract papers of the recent past. I continue looking at the signed contracts as tears begin to flow freely from my eyes. I search for any other evidence. I don't find any other files but I find a small, black, jewelry box...the same box I saw that Saturday night. I open it and the sky falls down on me.

There's an engagement ring inside the box. I don't need to ask anyone to know the man in the meeting room is the same man who gave Tina this ring because he's the one who told me I'm not worth it and took it away from me before he kicked us out of our house.

I stare at the ring for a while, after all, it was my engagement ring and it's priceless to me because it's the last thing I received from my father. But I'm not sure about taking it as it may lead me into danger and they could call the cops on me for stealing. So, I let it go but I'm sure Tina knows it's my ring. She's not blind and she can read my name engraved on the inner side of the ring.

She might have all of the riches of the world but accepting an engagement ring, with another woman's name on it, is gross. I spit on the ring, in disgust, before I storm out of her office and towards the exit.

It's a long walk back to my workplace but I'm not crying anymore. I'm not sorry, I'm angry. When I first saw Tina sitting with Peter, I panicked. I know she's crazy and I was afraid she may do something stupid to avenge me and get herself in danger but that's only my assumption.

When I checked the contracts, I came to know that Peter's been a partner of Tina's company for, at least, two and a half years, maybe more. And among all of the people in the world, she found me, the ex of her partner, to fall in love with? Too much of a coincidence! Isn't it?

According to Diana, they are close and I saw the engagement ring Peter gave her. If she's getting engaged to Peter, then what's she doing with me? Just fooling around? A beautiful, young girl like her can have almost anyone, why me, then? I may take a little time to realize things, but I'm not dumb. The incident of that particular Saturday night confirms that he knew where she was. Peter, and his father, have taken everything away from us, isn't that good enough? What does he want from me now? There's nothing that I'm left with.

It hit me all of a sudden, it's Meg! Yes, it has to be her that he wants now. He's her father, after all, and now he wants to take her away from me, to add to my suffering. I know Tina is good at planning things and now I understand why she's been trying to get as close as she can to Meg from the beginning. I don't know if she's planning on our marriage for that purpose only or if she has some other plan in her head but I'm sure Peter has sent her to take Meg away from me.

************

TINA

Tina's happy until she reaches her office. The meeting went smooth, as expected, but as soon as she enters her office, she senses something fishy. She remembers turning the lights off before going downstairs but now the lights are on. Was there an intruder?

She don't have much for valuable items that she would be afraid of being stolen, except the contract papers. She immediately goes to the file they're in and start checking. After a few minutes, she feels relieved when she's sure none of the papers are missing.

It must've been Leo. Maybe he needed some details of a particular contract and decided to get it himself as she was busy in the meeting. She notices the small, black, jewelry box lying open.

The engagement ring is there but someone has spit on it! She runs towards the reception desk. She doesn't need a second guess as to who the intruder was but she hopes, against all hope, that it wasn't Olivia!

"Was Olivia here?" She asks Diana.

She's not fond of taking no as an answer but now she prays Diana's answer is negative. This is not what she'd planned for.

"Yes," Diana answers.

"Fuck!!"

CHAPTER 66

It's only fifteen minutes before the bomb's detonation deadline when I get back to the gathering spot. The bomb squad found nothing in the building and they're ready to allow people back into the building as soon as the deadline is over. I'm waiting, patiently, until going back to my counter and I concentrate on my work.

As soon as my shift is over, I start towards the bus stop, as usual, to pick up Meg from school. I'm not angry anymore, not with Tina, not with Mark or Leo or even Peter. I'm relieved that I discovered the truth before it was too late and now I'll do whatever is required to prevent them from taking away my daughter.

I was foolish enough to believe such a beautiful, young and rich girl hangs with me without any purpose. Hoping, maybe, she's in love with me. But I'm not sorry for it, either. I know I believed her, I loved her with all of my heart but now I know she doesn't love me nor did she try to harm me.

I can't hate her. She gave me moments when I felt truly loved and cared for and the memories will remain with me forever. I know I'll miss her and there'll be a lot of silent tears on the menu for next few days but it's also a lesson well learned. We're simple people, and life is no fairy tale. Not every dream we have can come true but we need to be happy with the simple, small things we have in our life.

When I reach the school, it's still five minutes before the final bell so I walk up to Billy's store.

"Two cotton candy, please."