Counseling Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She grinned at the last thought, the theme from "Terminator" sounding in her soul.

Erika and Marisol were celebrating now, having just secured another victory in that ongoing conflict. Erika was acting in independent films at present and Marisol was on the TV show "24". Taron retained his job as church advertising director. He had increased his standing by being one of the first to film the aftermath of the 2004 Asian tsunami disaster and winning several awards. All were active in charity and quietly supporting their secret Scientology reform movement. They were shocked when they discovered their enemies had nearly corrupted Erika's youngest brother.

Thankfully, the problem was easily solved. When he contacted Erika three days ago, Dane Christensen was already free of Jessica Feshbach Rodriguez, the fanatic cleric who had tried to worm her way into his life. Erika had sent Dane to her OSA deputy director ally Melissa Feshbach Prynne in St. Louis. Also a Scientology minister, Melissa was Jessica's twin sister and personality opposite. She specialized in helping those who were angry at Scientology's dark side learn that they did not have to be part of something bad. Melissa's main tool was directing her clients towards charity and spiritual relief, the intended purposes of any church.

A growing number of ministers were on Melissa's side, enough to make even Chairman Miscavige take note. He had toned down his efforts to deter reform of late, afraid his church was collapsing. There were also members of his own family who had left Scientology and hurt Miscavige's conscience. Unfortunately, the Chairman's sympathy did not extend to everyone in the church.

Jessica and her family were a key example, Erika mused. Except for Melissa and a few others, they were all dedicated Scientologists who practiced their beliefs with overzealous indifference, ignoring the negative consequences. Joe Feshbach, Jessica's father, made his fortune through unethical stock market practices. He donated millions to church programs and expected his family to be treated well in return. Jessica's cousins Bean, Bunce and Boggis were ministers who had been inside the church's internal retribution programs more than anyone else in all of Scientology's history. Erika often shivered when she observed them unable to stop running everywhere and attempting to bait those who pissed them off.

Jessica herself had also developed a bad reputation in the past ten years. The unbalanced OSA operative was known for inspiring a series of celebrity public relations fiascos with bad advice. The worst episodes included Tom Cruise's biased debate over psychology with "Today Show" host Matt Lauer and Jenna Elfman's proclamation that AIDS was "only a state of mind." Jessica accepted responsibility for none of her deeds.

If not for Melissa, Erika thought, I might despise the entire Feshbach family. She's so calm and considerate in the face of it all that she makes up for the others. Melissa tells me the rest of her family is crooked by their own fault. They're Scientology nobility and they refuse to know any life other than that.

"They can't see that their way is dooming us," Melissa said to Erika. "People like my family are the reason our church gets protested. It's their refusal to remove the planks from off their eyes. So what if we're considered crazy for believing alien specters cause mental illness and enlightenment can be found within one's own self? The world would have few problems with us if we weren't so elitist about our faith."

Melissa's gaze was steady and discerning but not judgmental. In face and figure, she resembled the independent film star Parker Posey. About thirty years old, Melissa regularly wore a blue skirted suit. Her long black hair was streaked with premature gray. Erika had seen pictures of Jessica and knew she looked exactly like Melissa except in three areas. Melissa was kindly while Jessica's usual attitude was haughty and sardonic. In addition, Jessica dyed her hair to keep the gray out and one of her hazel eyes was glass. The latter feature was the product of an auto accident Jessica suffered at age eighteen, Melissa informed Erika. Melissa did not know the exact details of the event, only that it had seriously scarred Jessica's face. Their father had paid for plastic surgery and Scientology auditing to cover up the injury's effects, but neither Jessica's mind nor body was completely whole.

"They gave her a spot in the church anyway," Melissa said. "It was my father's money and Jessica's own skill at our techniques. She has since become heavily involved with celebrity auditing and public relations. I do not think she is a talented actress. However, she can still fool people. I recommend you avoid her, Erika, as long as you can."

Melissa was not Erika's lover. She had sworn off sex after her Green Beret husband died in Iraq and she found no satisfaction in other men or women. "At least I'm not like my sister," Melissa let slip to Erika once. She refused to further explain.

Erika had sought further information on Jessica over the years of hearing about her, especially the past three days. Everything Erika discovered said that Jessica was competent at Scientology scriptures and methods but either ignorant towards the results of the way she used them or deliberately malicious. If the latter was the case, Erika could not discern a reason.

I don't even have to ask, Erika thought in the present. Not now that I know what she did to my brother. The fact that Jessica was more interested in Dane's connections to Evan Rachel Wood and Marilyn Manson than she was in Dane himself mitigates my fears. She backed off once Evan and Manson rebuffed her and Dane discharged her. Dane told me about his experiences with Jessica Friday evening. After my family and I went over everything with Dane, using my genius girlfriend Alicia as an independent observer, we sent a complaint up the chain to Melissa. Melissa called us back in an hour and did a preliminary audit with Dane on the phone. They verified his experiences again and now Dane's in St. Louis with Melissa treating him in person. Most of our family is there as well. Melissa wrote a report to her superiors upon concluding her first audit of my brother. Chairman Miscavige called Melissa the day afterwards and said he would reprimand Jessica for her misdeeds.

"Jessica told him about your schooling just as you feared," Melissa told Erika after talking to Miscavige. "I put the spin on it you requested. You believe education is a gift and that even if psychologists are our enemies you felt you should know them. Miscavige accepted this and said he was proud of you."

"Good," Erika answered, relieved. Miscavige was one of the most irrationally anti-psychology people in her church and it would not do for him to see her degree the wrong way. "What about my family?"

"The Chairman was quite displeased to hear about what my sister did to your brother. He's taking steps to punish her. She and our cousins have all been given additional black marks on their records and day after tomorrow they're going to be sent on a probationary world tour of all Scientology facilities. Miscavige wants them reminded of the diversity within our organization and this planet."

"That's it?" Erika asked, surprised.

"He can't do any more. Jessica and the other three broke no official church policies. The worst they did was overzealous recruitment, which is hardly a crime. We have only Dane's word that those rumors were put out to the tabloids at Jessica's instruction. She admits nothing. Yes, forcing Dane to disconnect from the rest of your family was wrong but no harm was done now that it's been repealed. That's what Miscavige said."

"How can he be so cold?"

"You know his position. Scientology is still regarded with suspicion and hate all over the world, even with the recent gains we've had in Germany and elsewhere. My father is one of many fanatics who contribute large funds and recruit numbers to the Church. With all the bad publicity directed at us right now, Miscavige doesn't want to upset these people."

"Melissa, I barely got Dane to change his mind about departing Scientology after what your sister had him do. You know how he feels. You've talked to him."

"Your brother was to blame for what happened as much as Jessica, Erika. He followed her instructions. Dane admits to that and has accepted it. Why can't you?"

"I have accepted it," Erika said with a groan. "Dane apologized to the family and we've all forgiven him. When he returns to L.A. later this week he'll make amends to Evan. Dane's going into Walker's karate program and parking cars at our brother Nick's auto dealership while studying for business school. That should fix him up right. I want something to happen to Jessica, though. We have to stop fostering the discrimination against us. We can't just deny our mistakes, we need to learn from them and fix them. Haven't people like Jessica done enough damage to our church over the years?"

"She cannot be held accountable for anything she has done. It was all in accordance with doctrine. Warped outdated doctrine, yes, but she violated no laws. The reactions of others are to blame for what happened as a result of Jessica's manipulations, the way the Chairman sees things. He says she's making mistakes but can be ironed out with auditing and this world tour. I pray he's right."

Melissa was silent for a moment. "There was one other thing. Miscavige wanted me to apologize to you on his behalf for this situation. He wants you to know that you and all your friends are welcome in the church. He emphasized the word 'friends'."

Erika felt her heart catch. "Does he know about our reform movement?"

"He didn't let on if he did or not. We've existed for several decades, though, Erika. I don't see how he couldn't know about us. Miscavige may not be able to formally support reform but he doesn't want our faction gone from the church any more than he wants my father's gone. He intends for Scientology to survive and flourish, not collapse into a religious war. Miscavige isn't Friendship, but he is aware of the society and its presence within Scientology. Our church founder Ron Hubbard was a Friendship Viceroy who used his connections to spread our religion in the early days. Ron broke with the Friendship when they refused to raise him to Regal and he felt he no longer needed them. Since then other Friends still inside Scientology have worked to aid our church and limit the fanatics' influence. They did not forget Ron or those of us who are good. You, your family, Mike Rinder and I are among them."

Erika gasped at the unfamiliar lessons. Then she smiled, realizing she should have known. "So Miscavige isn't going to expel us then?"

"No, I don't think so, although he can't recognize us either. This is the best we can hope for right now, Erika. There are many people in the church as powerful as Miscavige, people like my father and sister, who would prefer otherwise."

"Fine," Erika replied. "Tell the Chairman I appreciate his decision. I also agree with him on Jessica. As for our reforms, my commitment to them was just increased." Melissa replied that hers was as well.

Both Melissa and Erika, Scientology reverend and parishioner, had then contacted their allies and arranged support for Manson's gay rights fundraiser the next evening. Some Scientologist celebrities attended while others sent checks and good wishes. Erika, who was still unsure whether she could reunite with Manson's girlfriend Evan, was one of the latter.

Marisol, agreeing with Melissa that they had achieved a triumph, told Erika that they should have their own party the same night as Manson's. Taron would be out of town, but Marisol and Erika could still have fun together. Erika concurred.

I'm pleased Marisol's with us, Erika completed her mental review with a smile. She licked the other actress's tongue with her own. The two were dedicated girlfriends who often worked out together in the gym and the bedroom. They had not fucked in a long time, though. Earlier that year Marisol had married Taron and given birth to their daughter. Sex during pregnancy was discouraged by Scientology doctrine and Erika honored this practice with her lovers who wished to follow it. Non-Scientologists such as Erika's "Six Degrees" co-star Bridget Moynahan and her "Upside of Anger" co-star Keri Russell were happy to fuck Erika whether they were pregnant or not. Marisol and other devout Scientologists felt otherwise. Erika respected and fulfilled the wishes of each.

Now Marisol's baby was born and her body was recovered. She and Erika were making up for lost time, kissing and rubbing one another. Arms massaged backs and legs fastened tight around hips. Breasts touched and nipples dueled. Breaths were exchanged along with tongue swaps. The dildo throbbed between them, stimulating each woman's cunt as it was pushed into the other woman by her muscles. Both Marisol and Erika felt lubrication flowing from inside their bodies. The bed's absorbent sheets were soaking it up. Their minds were being stripped of negative emotions such as guilt and apathy and filled instead with a mutual caring and joy.

I love Marisol, Erika thought, just as I love my primary non-Scientologist lovers Doug and Alicia. Marisol's earned my adoration again recently by spying on the fanatics for me. Marisol went to Jessica right after we got Dane off to see Melissa and conducted an auditing session for a neurosis she only pretended she had. Others among my reform circle followed Melissa's lead and now we all know Jessica's our enemy. Auditing is a process that often allows you to gaze into the soul of your confessor just as they gaze into yours. As thespians, we are better able to keep our inner selves hidden than someone like Jessica, who only knows what the church has taught her. I have no fear she will find us out. Even if she does, she cannot stop us.

Deciding not to consider her adversary any longer, Erika turned her full measure of attention to arousing Marisol. They lashed their bodies back and forth, fumbling towards ecstasy. Again and again they met and separated, all the time attentive to each other's needs. Their tits rubbed together and their hands wandered stroking paths. Their mouths kissed, their tongues thrusting at one another. Their legs squeezed the rubber rod between them. Both women felt the oncoming rush rising within their loins.

Joyful, joyful, we adore thee... God of mercy, god of hope...

Erika blinked, hearing the chords. Funny, she thought. I've had great sex before, but never have I heard angelic choirs singing during it. Then she became aware Marisol was glowering at her and recognized the sound. Shoot! My cell phone!

Pulling her pussy off the dildo, Erika split herself from Marisol like a dividing amoeba and rolled over to the bedside table. She silenced the choir and picked up her phone. "Hello?"

"Yeah, hi, this is Kirk Cameron," a smarmy voice answered. "I'm trying to reach Erika Christensen, secret celebrity counselor?"

"This is she," Erika said. Marisol gaped at her but Erika waved the other woman away. The call was something very important Erika had been expecting. She called up all her Scientology and psychology skills, ready to use them.

"Hi," Kirk repeated. "My sister Candace said you're both in the Friendship and she wanted me to talk to you. I don't really know why but ..."

"It's because I'm a sinner, Kirk," Erika interrupted, using her rehearsed speech. She reclined and kept one hand between her legs as she talked, maintaining her body's damp warmth. "I'm a happy sinner. Candace wants me to challenge you with that."

"Excuse me?"

"You're an evangelical Christian asshole and it's been hurting both your relationships and your career. Your sister asked me to help you wise up." Marisol was laughing now as she listened to Erika's end of the conversation. Erika waved her to be quiet and then activated the phone's speaker. Marisol nodded in acknowledging thanks.

"Well, I'm just being how God wants me to," Kirk said, flabbergasted.

"You're wrong," Erika replied. "There are different ways of interpreting and living God's messages. There are so many that no single one can work for everybody. Did Candace give you my resume?"

"Yes. She said you were a high-level yet liberal Scientologist and an award-winning actress. You also hold black belts in Hapkido and karate and you recently acquired a University of Phoenix online psychology degree with honors. The combination was enough to interest me."

"I find that my varied skills give me much intuition into my own mind and those of other people," Erika said. She returned Marisol's smile and raised thumb. "I have discipline and emotional serenity and I can teach them to those who will pay attention."

"Well, you know that Scientology isn't a real church, right?"

"I'm aware of that opinion. Let's forget it, though. Candace does not want me to discuss that with you. Kirk, you have your beliefs. You live them well. The problem is that you expect everyone else to be just like you. You ignore that we're not happy that way. Don't you think God wants people to be happy?" Erika was repeating the word "happy" to draw Kirk's concentration to it.

"Yes, but God prefers us to be happy doing what he says."

"Well, Kirk, not everyone agrees with you about what God says. Or what man says, for that matter. We each have a way we think best and we have a right to live that way."

"Look, you may want to go to hell, but I don't, okay?"

"Who says I'm going to hell? Is God telling you that? Do you honestly believe everyone who doesn't agree with you is going to hell or is saying so just a defense mechanism?"

Kirk paused. "I know why Candace had me call you," he said after a moment. "You want to change. I can help you with that."

"No, Kirk, I don't need to change. You do. Candace and her husband agree and so does your wife. She was really angered by what you made her do in your recent film about the Love Dare." Erika referred to a Christian marriage salvation program depicted in Kirk's movie "Fireproof".

"I had to do that. I had to call my wife onto the set so I could kiss her instead of my co-star. My wife knows why I did it and she agrees with me."

"Wrong. Your wife wants you to have enough faith in the strength of your relationship that you're able to kiss other women besides her. It was only a movie, Kirk. What you did was funny and had good intentions behind it, from one point of view. From another, it was unnecessary and offensive to your wife."

"Well, I had to do it! A long time ago, something was missing from my life. I sought parties and the Hollywood experience, but it didn't work. Then I found God. Ever since then I've known what I had to do. I'm on a quest to make the entertainment world conform to Christianity. I'm not giving it up!"

"Really? Even though it's already cost you your career outside non-Christian themed films along with your public respect and now it may also cost you your marriage? Suppose I also told you it was hurting your church and undermining your professed goals?"

"I..."

Kirk stopped in astonishment and Erika spoke to fill the void. "Kirk, you don't have to listen to me, okay? I don't want you to be like me. Your life is your own and you make the decisions about how you want to live. I just want you to extend the same courtesy to everyone else. 'Treat other people how you want to be treated'. That is the Golden Rule of Jesus, right?"

"Yes. But there are also..."

"Whoa!" Erika cut him off. "I'm not calling you for a Bible argument." She kept her voice calm and purposeful. "We live in the real world and no one book can define that world. I agree with you the Bible comes close. However, I disagree that it is the only philosophy. Kirk, I have a dare for you. Not a Love Dare. I don't know very much about that program. I'm sure it's something you can follow and learn to appreciate, though."