Cousin Audrey

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Luckily for us Linda was fast asleep and I got Audrey in and showered and bedded in less than 30 minutes. She was so thankful for the evening and help she wanted me to ass fuck her for good measure but I rejected it and shortly she was asleep. Tomorrow we would talk about the rest of her stay as my participation in her kind activity, was over.

Audrey understood my feelings and for the next several weeks she would either take my car or Linda's and attend parties. After a month and a half, she stopped, mainly because I think her belly was more pronounced and she was not in the mood so often. Suddenly she stopped altogether, but her being horny was still there. That was evident when you passed her room and heard her toys in action.

I told Linda about that night, everything included and thought she was pissed at first, she understood. On a high note, she does the sucking and finger poke now and I'm getting off like that. Even our lovemaking has increased and is more robust.

The job search was not going well. The position I held was a quasi dinosaur and unless I moved I would more than likely have to change fields. I did get an offer out of state for a little more money but by the time we factored in selling the house and Linda's job loss, it was a no can do deal. As time went by I became more concerned with our future as Audrey's day was soon approaching and the income we were deriving was going to end.

Aunt Natalie was in daily contact with either Linda or Audrey as her date approached. She finally started to look like the average pregnant woman at about 8 months and at 9 she looked like an imminent explosion. I was hoping that either her mom or Linda would be around for the day, but my fear was I was the unlucky one to take her to the hospital.

Well, as you can guess by now, her water broke with me home alone; both her mom and Linda's phones went straight to voicemail. So we rushed to the hospital and about two hours later she had a boy. Upon seeing the child I was relieved to see that Audrey's genes dominated as he was pale and red headed. I finally got a call back from Aunt Natalie and Linda; my wife would pick up her aunt at the airport, they suggested that I head home before they would go to the hospital.

I suspected they wanted to talk about Audrey's still indecision about the adoption. She remained undecided at least to me and I wonder if this would be a major issue with her mom. I also had the gnawing issue of the money stopping and what we had left was going to force me to a much lesser job.

So it was with an uneasy feeling that I got home to see Linda's car already in the drive. In the house both Linda and Aunt Natalie were sitting in the kitchen with coffee, in front of my place was a three quarter full bottle of Jack Daniels and a shot glass. This could not be good as Linda knew that I only took a shot when something dramatic happened, the last being the death of my grandmother a year ago. That uneasy feeling was now heading to my throat.

Both Linda's and Aunt Natalie's expression gave away little to what they may be thinking. Linda usually wore her feelings on her sleeve and to see her this way concerned me that this had to be serious. I prepared myself pouring the glass full of Jack.

Aunt Natalie spoke up first. "I want to really thank both of you for helping out our little family crisis over these past months. If it wasn't for you two, I don't know how Ken and I would have managed. God, you know Audrey, more drama than should be allowed, so thank you for reaching this point."

So far so good I thought, but there must be more. I eyed my shot glass but didn't move to it.

Natalie took a few sips of coffee and continued. "As you know we want Audrey to adopt out. So far she has been very reluctant to do so. Part of her wants to remain in the baby's life so as know with a general adoption that is out of the question. We cannot and will not allow her home with the baby. We have a lawyer who is sitting on hold with adoption papers, only with a blank spot for the names of the parents."

I could somewhat understand their dilemma but could not see what it had to do with us. We had fulfilled our commitment and been compensated for it. I really did not see where this could be heading.

Natalie fidgeted a bit in her seat and nervously cleared her throat.

"We would like you to consider continuing this relationship, except with the baby."

Before I could the WWWWhat out of my mouth, the shot glass was empty. I know I drank it but couldn't remember how. Linda with a shaky hand poured me another. That disappeared quickly also. Linda poured another. Holding Linda's hand and working with a dry mouth, I started my questions.

"Let me understand you aunty, you want us to adopt?" When I finished saying that I was so hoarse it hurt.

Aunt Natalie simply nodded her head as confirmation.

"Look, I know this came from way out there, but it was Audrey's suggestion. She knows you'll be great parents and she loves you both and that you will provide a great upbringing. You can name the child and she can remain as an "Aunt" in the child's life."

I thought I would get some help looking in Linda's direction but all I got was the same blank stare that I was probably showing her. This was never in the realm of possibilities for us. Yes we thought of children, but later in our lives, plus with our financial issues now and uncertainly, it was out of the question. And that is what I told Natalie.

"Ken and I foresaw that problem and we are prepared to not leave you hanging. Ken has need of a regional manager for several businesses in this area. You can remain here and travel a little for work. You would report to one of his top vice presidents but have direct access to Ken if needed. It is somewhat similar to the work you had been doing, so you should be able to transition easily."

The work part sounded great, the parent part was giving me a major chill. I was upset being placed in this predicament, but I wanted to not get hostile enough to blow what chance I may for work. I had to speak carefully in response to this request.

"We appreciate the offer Aunt Natalie, but I don't think this is right for us. We have not considered being parents at this time, and with a newborn, Linda would have to stop working. I can't see us saying yes, I'm sorry."

"But you haven't heard the offer."

"That's true, but considering this would be a major life change, I doubt anything could sway us, right Linda?" glancing toward my deer in the headlight, glassy eyed wife.

Natalie was not going to stop. She jotted some things down on a notepad in front of her and then looked up at me again. "The offer is 120,000 a year with stock options, which currently only Ken and I hold, plus an expense account. It also comes with a live in nanny or you could opt for help as you need it. Also you and Linda will have a company paid for vacation anywhere you want to go for two weeks every year."

Did I hear this right? Did we just win the Lotto? I was speechless, Linda the same. We looked at each other in disbelief over this over the top proposal.

I cleared my throat to counter this offer, mainly to see if something like this could really be legit. "That is really a tremendous proposal and I am truly blown away by it, but what if I'm not happy or comfortable in the work or both you and Uncle Ken are not pleased. The thing craters and we have a kid to feed and educate." I thought that would trip her up and end this by now silly conversation.

"That could be a possibility, Natalie said carefully, but we want to guarantee against that. Therefore the job would last a minimum of 18 years, until the child can be classified as an adult. If for any reason you want to opt out, we would make a 100,000 dollar a year payout, after a minimum of 5 years. So say after five years and you want out, the severance would be a half million dollars. Also I did not mention that you will not have to provide for higher education, a trust fund has already been set up to cover that."

This was now scaring me as the numbers were jostling around my brain. Linda was no help sitting there like a bowl of mud, with her hand over her mouth.

I asked Aunt Natalie to excuse us and in doing so grabbed Linda's hand and led her to our bedroom. Her look told me a lot. Her hands were on her cheeks, like that little kid in Home Alone, and she was giddy. Me, I had chest pains with the thought of our financial worries gone, but raising a child.

"Linda what do think? There is no way we can do this. How can we possibly handle a child and really do we want that much interference in our lives?"

Linda's response was simple, "yes, yes and yes."

"Come on, be serious." I pleaded.

"I am serious honey, you know we wanted children, maybe not this early or this way, but think what we could offer this child and maybe others of our own making to follow."

"But Linda, the change in our lives, can you really handle that?"

"Think Derek, where would you land an offer like this. How many years would it take to make that kind of money and provide for the things we desire. And what job would guarantee us anywhere near this offer?"

"I don't know Linda. It seems barbaric to me and like baby buying. I don't feel anything for this child at this time and I don't believe you do either. Just because she came from your cousin's birth canal is not enough for me."

"You'll learn to love him, I know I will. You love your sister's twin's right?"

"Yes, but I see them maybe 2-3 times a year and for short periods. This is 24/7 and we have full responsibility, it's altogether different."

I could tell that Linda was all in for this deal. I was on the fence, drifting toward running away from it. But Linda's merits were hard to argue with and the pros and cons were shifting toward the pros. I consider myself a practical guy and most of this made sense, but the part that concerned me was the life change we would instantly have to undertake.

I tried to see how really committed Linda was. I told her if I agreed the burden would be on her as I had to learn a new business and not to forget the travel part. She was not concerned.

Without anything more to say, we went back out to the kitchen and sat again with Aunt Natalie. I had two quick shots of Jack and started to feel placid. Natalie was looking at us hard for any kind or reaction.

"Aunt Natalie, we have considered your offer and agree for the time being. Let us have a trial period, say 30 days with the baby. This will give us time to adapt and adjust plus set up a nursery and outfit the house the way we need to. But we need to reserve the right to rescind the deal if we feel that after the 30 days we just can't do it. Is that workable for you?"

Natalie was busy writing in her ledger again while I was speaking. Putting her pen down, she looked us right in the eye.

"Of course, that is an excellent suggestion, one I feel both Ken and I will endorse. Please let us furnish all the staple items you will need, crib, stroller etc. Just send us a bill or we will furnish a credit card. I just can't tell you how happy this makes us. You will not regret this precious decision you have made. Audrey will be ecstatic as well."

Gulping hard, I knew we just made a life altering change in our lives. I just hope it also wasn't the most foolish thing we have ever done.

Natalie rummaged thru her purse and pulled out a business card. "This is our attorney. I will call him this evening and I will have him give you a full contract tomorrow covering all we discussed tonight. Remember as soon as you sign, you will be on the payroll, so for the next 30 days while you get used to the baby, you will be paid. Consider it an extra thank you."

Her generosity was overwhelming and I thanked her. Linda got up and hugged her Aunt. Me, I took another two shots of Jack. I had a really good reason to finish off that bottle.

Natalie was now excited and as she stood to leave, she said she was on the way to the hospital to tell Audrey the news. As she walked away I just had to ask her one more thing.

"Aunt Natalie, I'm just curious, why is it so important to place us with this baby? With your resources you could do almost anything you want. Just because Audrey got herself pregnant with some guy is really no reason to go to the efforts you did to have it adopted. Couldn't you just have told Audrey that she fucked up and this would be the amount of help you would give her?"

Natalie stood in silence for a moment hearing me out. "You mean Derek she never told you?"

"Told us what?"

"Who the father was and why it is so important to us."

"No, I answered puzzled, who is the father?"

"Her daddy is the father."

What is family for, now you know.