Cowboy Girls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers

"Where did you learn how to cook like this?"

"At the convent." She didn't realize she said it until it was too late to take it back.

Sean cocked her head, and Indy could see the question forming on her face by the frown and look in her eyes.

"Yes, I lived in a convent." The young woman responded before Sean opened her mouth.

"How long?"

"Ten years."

"Were you a nun?" Sean questioned gently.

"No."

"Then why...?"

"Let's talk about something else." Indy quickly said as she moved a blonde lock of hair behind her ear.

"Okay. Sorry, didn't mean to..."

"It's okay. So, what do you do?"

Sean wished they could have stayed on the topic. She wanted to understand this little spitfire. "I...own a horse ranch."

"Really? I've always wanted to learn how to ride, but I'm scared that if the horse doesn't like me then I'll get thrown off."

Sean laughed. "You have to be a really bad person for a horse not to like you. Usually horses are rather docile and tame. It's people who turn the horses mean or constantly frightened."

"Does your ranch offer riding lessons?" Indy asked as she took the last bite of mashed potatoes.

"No, but if you'd like, I'd be happy to teach you."

*************

The moon hung high in the starlit sky as the two women stood on the back porch stargazing. Their shoulders lightly touched as Sean pointed out the various constellations. Each time contact was made, a tingling sensation shot through Indy's body.

At one point, Sean gently and smoothly put her arm around small shoulders as she had Indy follow her finger tracing the outline of the constellation of Hercules. Suddenly the two women found themselves gazing not at the stars but into each other's eyes.

"It's late." Sean mentioned. "I guess I should be going." There was no response from the small woman, so she continued. "The day after tomorrow, why don't you come by the ranch and we'll start your lessons."

"Okay." Indy breathed out.

Neither one stepped out of the closeness. The tall woman felt it would be fine to place a simple chaste kiss on scarlet lips, so she leaned down and pressed her lips to Indy's. "Thank you for dinner. It was terrific." She watched as Indy suddenly placed small fingers on the lips that were just kissed. Sean smiled and walked away.

Stunned, Indy didn't realize she was standing there alone with her hand up to her mouth until she heard the roar of the truck pull out of the drive. She ran to the front of the house only to see the red taillights recede into the darkness. An errant tear surfaced but she pushed it back down as she heard her mother in the background.

"You filthy girl. How could you do this?"

**********

The late morning sun shone brightly in the eastern sky. It was a warm breezy day, a good day for riding. Indy stood at the edge of the corral leaning against the wooden fence and watched a dozen horses run freely through the field. They seemed to be having a wonderful time. Manes blew in the wind and powerful muscles flexed as hooves pounded the ground below.

"Howdy." A voice from behind came to her ears.

Turning around, she smiled at the tall cowboy. "Hi."

"I'm glad you came. Are you ready to learn how to ride a horse?" Sean announced with excitement. She led the young woman to the stable where they came across Midnight.

"She is so beautiful. Her name suits her." Indy voiced in astonishment. "Am I riding her?"

Sean smiled and said, "We are riding her." She opened the gate and placing a blanket on the filly's back, she hoisted the saddle up. "For the very first lesson, it would be good to ride with someone. It will help ease any tensions you have, and you'll get a feel for how the horse responds to you. Midnight is the tamest and the smartest. She's a great horse for beginners."

Outside, Sean brought a wooden crate over for Indy to use as a step to help getting up on the tall creature. "Okay, first put your foot in the stirrup and grab the saddle horn. You're going to push yourself up, bring your other leg over and settle into the seat. Now, don't worry. She's not going to move. Plus I'll be holding the bridle."

Indy looked up at the tall raven horse, and gulped. Stepping up onto the crate, she touched the side of the saddle. The leather felt cool and warm at the same time. She hesitated as she saw how much further up she had to go to get on.

"It's okay, Indy. I'm holding her." Sean reassured.

Gathering her courage, she quickly hoisted herself up and settled down, then let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding. She looked around noticing how far away from the ground she was.

"Great. Okay, now I'm going to climb up behind you." In the blink of an eye, Sean vaulted herself up from behind the animal.

The young woman immediately felt the closeness of bodies touching. She was unintentionally pushed up against the saddle horn, and it began to get uncomfortable at the juncture of her legs.

"How are you doing?" Sean asked.

"Um...." Indy bit her bottom lip trying to think of the best way to say it. "I...uh...think I'm too close to this horn."

Sean looked over the small shoulder. "I see," she slid back a couple of inches, and then said, "okay scoot back." She then wrapped an arm around a slim waist holding Indy close. "Better?"

"Uh huh." Indy wasn't sure she would survive this lesson. There were so many things she was feeling, and she didn't have the time to process it all. She heard Sean give her instructions of what to do next, and before she knew it, they were off at a comfortable trot up the hill.

The women had a wonderful time on their ride. They soon got used to each other's closeness when they realized how well there bodies molded to one another. Indy felt protected with such strong arms around her. And those large hands that covered her own most of the time, as Sean showed her how to guide and tug on the reigns so Midnight understood what she wanted, made the butterflies in her stomach flutter.

They wound up a long ways from the ranch, and it gave Indy the opportunity to see the beauty of the countryside. As the evening sun began to set over the ravine, they watched the fiery orange ball make its disappearance.

Sean leaned close to her ear, and softly requested, "Please tell me about your time at the convent?"

Indy shivered. Once again it was in reaction to the warm breath that caressed her ear. She had grown to really enjoy the tall cowboy's company, and she knew that there was an evident attraction to this woman --- even though she tried to deny it. "Well...I guess I should start with why I was sent there." This was the first time she would voice the past ten years of her life. Grateful that Sean wouldn't see her face, she conceded to tell the tale.

"I was fifteen years old. My father had died a year before from an unrecognized brain tumor. My mother practically had a nervous breakdown from his death. She had to find a job, and she was left with the burden of paying bills he had left behind. And then there was me. I was obviously still going through puberty, and I had found myself strangely not at all giddy over boys like the rest of the girls my age were. I used to get tired of hearing them talk about boys and dating that I didn't hang out with them any longer. When the new school year started, a new girl had arrived and she was in my homeroom. I befriended her but also noticed that no one else wanted to but I couldn't understand why. I remember she was very quiet, her hair was cut very short and she wore boys' clothes. We became good friends, and I thought it was great because we didn't talk about boys. We just didn't care. I asked her one day why she always dressed like a boy, and she said, 'Because I'm different.'

"I didn't quite understand and asked her to explain. She said that her feelings and way of thinking were more in tune with a boy's. Frilly lace and pink colors were not for her. She said she liked the same things that boys liked. So I asked her if that also meant that she liked girls, and she nodded. We didn't talk about it again, but I thought about it for a long time. You see, I was noticing how different I felt than all of the other girls, and I began to think that maybe Toni and I had something in common. But I didn't have a desire to cut my hair or dress like a boy. I mean I loved wearing jeans and sweatpants but I also liked being in a dress and looking pretty."

"Well, one day after school, Toni came by so we could study together for our upcoming math exam. We were lying on my bed on our stomachs with our heads buried in our textbooks when I asked her out of the blue, 'Do you like me?' She nodded. 'No, I mean more than...maybe...a friend?' She nodded again as she gazed into my eyes. 'Well how come you haven't said anything?' I asked. And she said, 'I didn't want to scare you away and lose your friendship.'

"We laid there staring at each other for a long time in silence before I finally said something. 'Do you think... you would like to kiss me?' She nodded and moved closer. Slowly and gently she pressed her lips to mine and it felt...wonderful. She pulled back to look at me again, and said, 'You're very pretty.'

"I touched the side of her face before she pressed her lips to mine again, and then our mouths opened and tongues touched. I felt like I was melting because it felt so good.

"Then without notice, my mother walked into the room. Seeing us like that, she screamed and began to spout curses on Toni. She chased her out of the room. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. I didn't understand why she was upset. When she returned, she slapped me, and proceeded to do it a few times. Then she started to beat me, and scream that I was the devil's child.

"I begged her to stop. Told her I was sorry, but she didn't care. She called me such horrible things and said I was filthy and that I would go to hell. Finally she said she was sending me to the convent in the hopes that God would have mercy on my soul and forgive me because she never would.

"So I was sent off the very next day. I never did see Toni again, nor did I ever see my mom. The priest was cruel to me. He consistently told me I was Satan's evil seed and would hit me with a switch. The nuns didn't do anything because they feared him and the church. But after almost a year he died of a heart attack. It was at that time that Mother Terese befriended me. She had taken notice of his cruelty and the marks I had on my back and arms. I grew to trust her and I finally broke down one day and told her that my feelings didn't stop. I didn't know what to do. I was depressed and in complete turmoil. I couldn't go into detail with Mother Terese but I think she understood where I didn't fill in the pieces.

"When I turned twenty-one, Mother Terese informed me that I could go if I wanted --- that I was not bound to stay at the convent. I needed time to think because I had not seen the outside world for six years. She said I could take as long as I needed. Well it took me another four years. I was frightened. Frightened of what was out there. And I didn't want to face my mother. I hated her for doing this to me. So, I stayed and worked out some kind of plan of where I would go, how I would live, and what I would do. I mean...I had no skills. Cooking, cleaning, and gardening are all I knew from the convent, and those are not my ideas of a career.

"During the course of those four years, my mother died. I didn't even bother attending the funeral, and that was very difficult for me. Ya see, before my father died, my mother was happy and loving, but after his death, it seemed a part of her died too. She was not the same person I knew as a child. So, I struggled with wanting and not wanting to be at the funeral. But of course, as I said, I didn't go. She had her sister take care of everything, and my nephew received the inheritance --- everything. On my twenty-fifth birthday, the convent received a letter announcing that my uncle on my father's side had died, and that I was to receive his entire estate. I was shocked at best. I was flown out to Florida for four days where I met with the lawyer who told me so much about an uncle who I barely knew. In his will, he advised me to sell his mansion, pool all of the money together and live out a new life --- the life that my mother did not allow.

"I came to find out that my uncle was gay. Unfortunately I only remember bits and pieces of his visits and how much fun he was when he was there. I wished I had him near when I was sent away. Maybe things would have turned out differently. Anyway, from what he left me, he provided me with the needed money to leave the convent and start anew. I knew then what I wanted to do with my life."

She paused as she wiped at her tear stricken face.

"And what are you going to do, Indy?" Sean asked gently.

"I'm going to write an autobiography. I want every teenage boy and girl out there who feels differently from everyone else to know that there is hope for them. I don't want them to go through what I did. They should be allowed to experience life, and they need to seek family and/or friends who will accept them and perhaps who are like-minded." She broke down as the tears took over.

Sean wrapped her arms around the small blonde and pressed her face to the side of Indy's head. "I think that's a great idea." She gently took the reigns and ushered Midnight to head back to the ranch. As the mare trotted at a slow smooth and even pace, Sean just held the young woman against her body.

Indy didn't realize that they had returned until she smelled the hay and other horses in the stable. What she did recall is how it felt to be held in Sean's arms, and be kissed several times at various intervals on the side of the head while Sean hummed a beautiful soothing tune in her ear.

"Are you ready to get down?" The dark woman softly asked.

Indy nodded, and then felt the absence of the body behind hers. She saw Sean reach out her arms to assist Indy off the horse. Once she was on solid ground again, her knees gave out but Sean was quick to hold her up.

"Whoa there. Legs rubbery? Don't worry, it happens to new riders." She slowly led the young woman to a bail of hay so she could sit. "Relax a while here while I tend to Midnight, and get her settled and fed."

Indy looked up into the early night sky feeling like a heavy burden had been lifted off of her shoulders. She didn't quite understand why she felt so comfortable with this quiet cowboy, but it felt good --- almost like they've known each other for years.

"Are you hungry?" Sean asked when she returned. "The boys have themselves a barbecue out back. I'd like to introduce you to an awesome bunch of guys."

"Sure." She took Sean's offered hand and followed her to the other side of the stables. A roaring fire lit up the area, and a few feet away was a huge covered barbecue. Smoke rose from it, and Indy could smell the tantalizing meat that was cooking. As they neared the group, she recognized some of the men from earlier when they were in the corral roping the horses and training them.

"Howdy fellas!" Sean announced.

In unison they greeted her.

"This is Indy. She's living at old Mrs. Wicker's place."

"Howdy Indy." They all said.

She smiled at how cute it came across, and then commented with a quick wave, "Hello everyone."

Sean continued to hold her hand, and led her face to face with a tall broad and muscular blond. "Indy, this is Tommy. He's my best buddy. Tommy, this is Indy."

"Howdy Miss." He said with a huge grin as he tipped his brown cowboy hat.

"Hi, nice to meet you Tommy." She answered in return.

During the course of the night, Indy got to learn a lot about riding and raising horses. The men were very kind and respectable both to her and Sean. It was nice to see the camaraderie between them and how they joked openly with each other. She also was able to learn a lot from Tommy about Sean, much to the dark woman's embarrassment, while she ate more than her share of ribs and steak sandwiches and potato salad.

At the night's end, Sean walked Indy to her door as the festivities came to a close. Facing each other, Sean took both small hands within her own. "Thank you for telling me your story. I'm sorry you had to experience such things."

Indy nodded her acknowledgment. "Thank you for the riding lesson, and for listening and comforting me, and for a lovely barbecue."

The tall woman smiled, and then slowly leaned down to kiss her lips. Lingering there a moment, mouths suddenly opened allowing tongues to briefly touch before Indy pulled away.

"Um...goodnight." She said abruptly.

Blue eyes searched her face wondering what was wrong. Finally Sean conceded in bidding the small blonde a good night.

*************

Two days passed without a visit or riding lesson. Sean was busy with the ranch, and also felt that it would be good to let the young woman process all of the feelings she revealed to Sean the other day. She went into the barn to check on the horses and sensed that Midnight was acting fidgety. Patting the horse down, she says, "Hey girl, feeling restless?"

The horse turned a shiny black eye toward her and huffed, almost nodding her head to say, yes.

"Maybe I should take you for a run, huh? Maybe that'll do us both some good." Taking the horse out of the stall, she grabbed the blanket to put on the horse and then the saddle. They went for a run through their favorite field. Sean pushed the mare onward as the trees whipped past them in a flash. Afterwards, she decided to let Midnight wander for a while as she took her usual nap under her favorite shady tree.

Almost an hour had passed when the black horse strayed off through the forest and back onto the familiar ground that she had known for years. When she neared the house, she whinnied.

Indy looked up from watering the garden. "Hello Midnight." She called out gently. "What are you doing here?"

The horse nodded emphatically and continued to stare at her.

Turning off the hose, the young woman slowly stepped up to the horse with an outstretched hand. Once she felt the horse was comfortable, she rubbed the long snout. "Hey girl, where's your rider?"

Midnight whinnied again and then took off through the trees.

Indy followed, and within minutes she found the long sleeping form under a tree near the brook. Kneeling down next to her, she gently lifted the black cowboy hat from off Sean's face. In the blink of an eye, she was tackled and on her back.

Azure eyes bore into sea green as large hands pinned her opponent down.

"I'm sorry. I...didn't mean...to startle you." Indy said with surprise, and then suddenly felt a pleasurable sensation from being under the weight of the dark woman.

Sean looked down a succulent neck and into an ample amount of cleavage showing. Noticing the rise in heartbeat and the breathing, she looked back into green pools searching for a sign. The tension grew thick between them, and then lips softly brushed against each other. Feeling Indy was being receptive Sean deepened the kiss.

Images of her kissing Toni on her bed flooded her mind, and Indy panicked. She tried to push the tall woman off of her, but Sean was stronger. The small struggle excited the both of them and they melted back into kissing. Tongues danced together, and Indy moaned. When they finally broke for air, Sean smiled into emerald eyes. Then in a flash, she was slapped across a cheek and pushed off.

They stared at each other in astonishment. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean...." Indy couldn't find the words, because she didn't understand why she had slapped her, so she quickly got up and ran. The incident had left her scared and excited at the same time.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers