Cowboys and Aliens Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Liyana was entering her second orgasm when Rayven indicated she was about to cum. Mark had learned to read her cues and he was rapidly reaching his own orgasm. As soon as Rayven started to cum, Mark also started erupting into Rayven.

Once the orgasms subsided, Mark lay down on the carpet. Liyana got off Rayven, but then moved down to lick Rayven's cock and pussy clean. Leaving her own dripping pussy near Mark's face. Mark grabbed her ass and guided her to straddle his face and he eagerly began to lick Rayven's sweet tasting cum out of Liyana.

Once everyone was cleaned they went to bed to rest up before the sneak peek tomorrow.

Mark woke up at the crack of dawn as per usual, but he failed at extracting himself out from between the two sleeping beauties, so Rayven also got up, but Liyana went back to sleep.

Rayven and Mark used the washroom facilities, but neither wanted to wake up Liyana, so Mark pulled up the workout website and picked a 45 minute workout. Since they hadn't brought any workout clothes they did the workout naked. They gave up though as it was too awkward and uncomfortable trying to workout with your cock and balls swinging around.

Cricket then spoke to Mark's mind, "There is a clothing synth in all the bedrooms... or have you forgotten?"

Mark laughed and Rayven asked what was so funny, "I totally forgot that there are clothing synths in the bedrooms."

They went to the other bedrooms and got dressed and then decided to forego the workout and just go make breakfast in the kitchen. Liyana eventually joined them wearing only a robe.

The breakfast club was there around 7:30 so Mark introduced them to a food synth. So they sat down and had breakfast with Mark and the girls, ecstatic that they were eating 'free space food'.

Zack then asked, "Could we just eat here all the time? It would save a lot of money on groceries."

Mark said, "Sure! Just make sure you cleaned up the kitchen," then he joked, "You might as well just move into the office then, since you're going to be here all the time anyway."

Beth said, "Could we?"

Just then, Henry and Amelia showed up carrying a box of supplies each. They dropped the boxes off on their respective desks and then Mark introduced them to the food synth.

Henry was impressed, free meals would be a huge bonus for anyone looking to work here!

After breakfast, they went through the scenarios one more time, to show them the final versions, and then they went to their offices to unpack their boxes and settle in before anyone showed up. It turned out that the boxes had very little for each of them, just some knick knacks for the desk, but the boxes were filled with a variety of office supplies, so each desk now had pens, notepads, sticky notes, paper clips, staplers and batteries for the mice.

Between 9:30 and 10am, representatives from almost 30 security companies showed up, including the security reps for the colleges, universities, school boards, the airport, the mayor's office and the police force.

Mark greeted everyone, introduced himself and then directed them upstairs for the demonstrations, coffee and donuts.

At 10am, Mark walked to the middle of the room and got everyone's attention, "Welcome to our sneak peek ladies and gentlemen.

As you are probably already aware, I have access to some technology that is literally out of this world. Earth, and especially the city of Calgary, is my home and I'd love to just give it to you make the world a safer place, but that would be against Atlantean Federation laws.

Instead, what I've done is created a company that can use that technology to help you do your jobs better and safer, without actually giving it to you. All administration, support and billing will be handled from this office, but the actual monitoring and manufacturing will be done off-world.

We are offering a subscription service that you can price into new contracts or use for negotiating upgrades to an existing contract. It's up to you how you price or market it, but know this, you cannot touch or manage it!

You can request changes to the service, but any requests have to go through us."

At that point, Mark walked over to a box, reached in and picked up a deactivated drone and said, "Here is my security system," as he held up the softball sized drone for everyone to see.

A couple of the guys snickered, but Mark just smiled and said, "Laugh if you want, but I can guarantee you'll change your mind once you see it in action! Each drone is self-aware, intelligent and can detect all sorts of weapons, explosives, viruses, even drugs and can dynamically deal with situations.

Think of a drone as a roaming guard that never leaves his post, can detect problems without having to actually approach a person and can deal with them in a non-lethal manner and, best of all, it does it invisibly."

Mark then tossed the drone in the air where it hovered and then it disappeared, as they all gasped. So he picked up two more drones and tossed them in the air and they also vanished.

"For the purposes of our demonstrations though, we'll disable the invisibility," as the drones re-appeared.

"From blueprints or a site survey, we program the drones with the patrol perimetre and all access points. Each drone has a scan range of around 100m, so they will roam about their zone, but with a 50% range limit, so at no point in their roaming is an access point unmonitored."

One lady in the crowd raised her hand in the air, "If they're invisible, why would they need to roam?"

Mark answered, "It's so that no one can ever touch them, they're invisible, but they're still solid. If they didn't move and intruders knew they were somewhere near an entrance, what's to stop them from wildly swinging a bat or using a net to try and damage or capture them?"

Everyone seemed to be satisfied with that response so he continued, "Each drone will check in every hour, but will also check in immediately, if anything is detected. Should a problem be detected... the first priority is to protect the innocent.

I've created some scenarios for demonstration purposes. Please do not be alarmed, these are just simulations, they're just a little more real than what most of you are probably used to.

Let's take a school or university, since they've often been the targets of terrorist attacks. This scenario is just the main entrance to a school. The drones can move fast, but obviously they can't go through doors, so while they can monitor a large area and multiple floors, a single drone can't patrol multiple floors. My suggestion would be to patrol the area around a school and deal with issues outside, rather than inside a building."

Just then a typical school entrance appeared with teenagers walking up the stairs and into the school. There was a bunch of gasps and wows from the crowd.

A kid gets off a bus, pulls out a realistic looking gun. The drones do nothing and the kid runs up and squirts another kid with water and laughs and the wet kid chases the other kid.

Mark said, "Freeze!" and the simulation stopped, "Unlike human security, you can't always tell if a weapon is real or fake... our drones can! How many kids and people have died needlessly, because they were carrying a realistic looking toy?"

He waited a second for effect, then said, "Proceed!"

A shady looking teenager in a hoodie approaches the school entrance with a real gun concealed in his jacket. You hear the drone check in, 'Weapon detected near the front entrance,' and the drone immediately puts an orange glow around the kid and you hear, 'Weapon detected! Do not move and put your hands in the air,' as chaos ensues, the kid moves to pull the weapon and suddenly he drops to the ground. A security guard shows up, takes control of the weapon and secures the teenager.

Mark said, "Freeze! What just happened was the drone first informed security since the problem was approaching, yet still outside the patrol perimetre, it then issued an audible warning when the perimetre was breached and then used what we call a p-shooter on the violator. It's non-lethal and will temporarily paralyze them for about 5 minutes, which should be enough time for a security guard to reach and take control of the situation. Totally safe and no one, including the security guard, was ever in danger."

After a moment, Mark continued, "Here's another scenario. Proceed!"

The same entrance only this time a kid is carrying drugs. The drone checks in 'Banned substance detected near front entrance,' but does not issue an audible alert, as soon as the security guard arrives on the scene, the kid starts to glow yellow so the security guard can search and seize.

"Freeze! Now this is one setup, we could also issue an audible warning and/or make the person glow immediately, we can also customize the substances it can detect. For instance marijuana is legal, so we wouldn't notify for a small amount, but if the person was carrying numerous small quantities they would be identified. You have options!

Imagine having safe, drug-free schools, universities, businesses, or events! You still need to be there to pickup the problems, but we can make your jobs a lot safer by having dealt with the problem before it can do any harm."

One guy spoke up, "It seems like you are implementing a big brother state and taking away everyone's right to privacy!"

Mark replied, "Not at all! A big brother state would indicate everyone, including the innocent, are being recorded, the drones are autonomous and do no recording whatsoever. All we provide is scanning and security."

He then felt compelled to expand on the big brother statement, "All over the Federation, these drones are the backbone of the security force, but like I said, they only have a scanning range of about 100m, so on a planet-wide scale, they obviously can't be everywhere, but there is almost no crime, because when they're invisible, you tend to not intentionally try to break the law, since you don't know if you are going to be caught or not."

One of the attendees raised his hand, "So if the drones can paralyze a person for about 5 minutes and he's out in the middle of the boonies. How would security get there to arrest them?"

"That's why we need to have a defined perimetre. On Atlanterra, there are security personnel at events and in areas of concentrated population, but the majority of our security and emergency services are actually in orbit. So when the drones detect something, the appropriate personnel are dispatched by shuttle, and when you can travel at several thousand kilometres per hour you can get almost anywhere within 5 minutes."

A guy stood up and said, "What if the person is not carrying a gun, maybe just a knife?"

Mark smiled, "A knife is still a weapon, but the drones would be able to detect whether it was a small pocket knife or a hunting knife. Bats and fists can also be weapons... if a person shows intent to harm someone else, the drones can detect that, they wouldn't do anything, but security would be notified."

"OK I've got a scenario for you." A guy in the back stood up, "How about an unwilling suicide bomber with a deadman switch?"

"Unfortunately for those scenarios, there is no non-lethal way to protect those people. They will die and there will be nothing left of them. Suicide Bomber scenario please!"

The scene transformed into a venue that is packed with people. A man comes in and he is carrying a deadman switch. The drone immediately checks in 'Explosive material detected near east entrance' and the person is enveloped in a red glow. He doesn't blow himself up yet, but waits until he has everyone's attention then releases the switch. As soon as the detonation begins, the bubble around the person turns black so people cannot see what just happened.

Everyone sat there with a stunned look on their face.

"What you just witnessed was a localized force field around the person with the explosive device, as soon as the detonation begins the bubble turns black, so the people around don't have to witness anymore than they already have. The drone will remain in place, with the force field until a bag is positioned around it, then the field will be removed, dropping the contents into the bag. It is truly my hope that this scenario never plays out for any of you."

Just then over the speaker, '2 intruders with weapons detected on the south side, 2 intruders with weapons, 1 with explosives detected on the north side.'

"My guests, if you would come to the window, you will be able to watch the system in action, as apparently there are 4 people attempting to invade the building. Just so you know this is not part of our demonstration."

Everyone got up and walked to the north window, where they could see two people moving around the exterior of the property with guns. "As you can see the weapons were detected beyond our perimetre, but they won't take action until the perimetre is breached."

As soon as the guys hit the edge of the property they stopped and both looked around, "They just got the audible warning." Mark announced.

They both took a couple of steps forward and suddenly dropped to the ground, "and they're down! This is where security would then take control."

"Unfortunately for them, we're just going to leave them there and see if they are smart or not. If, after 5 minutes, they pick up their weapons, they'll be dropped again, the only option they have at this point is to leave their weapons on the ground."

The police rep spoke up, "Stop please, those are my men! We wanted to test your system, but how come the guy with the explosives was dropped?"

"The drones are intelligent. They didn't detect a deadman switch. So therefore it's an inert explosive, he's probably carrying C4 or a grenade of some sort."

At that, Mark led the group downstairs and outside to the paralyzed men. As soon as he picked up the gun one of the guests asked, "If it detects guns, how come it's not threatening you?"

"I'm one of the security personnel for this site. I'm one of the only people that can touch guns in this zone. If anyone else was to touch the guns, they would be dropped unless they were wearing a uniform. But even though I am authorized to have a gun in this zone, if I should point the gun threateningly at anyone that is not glowing, I would also be dropped."

Within a couple of minutes, the guys started coming around, Mark helped them up and invited them inside. The police rep made a call to someone to go collect the other guys, store the weapons in a truck and come inside.

"Will they be able to drive onto the property with guns in the truck?"

"As long as their guns are not in their hands," he said as a black SUV turned off the street and entered the parking lot.

The truck parked and 4 guys got out and they glowed blue.

"That's actually a feature I forgot to create a demonstration scenario for. A person wearing a uniform and carrying a weapon, but doesn't have it in their hand, glows blue as they are assumed to be law enforcement or security. The system monitors them closely and if they do draw their weapons, as long as they're pointed at someone glowing green, yellow or red they're left alone. So what do you guys think?"

One guy said, "This system is amazing, but I think this is going to cost us more than we can afford!"

"Well, I don't have a hard number in mind as of yet, as I'm honestly not sure how you guys determine how many guards to have on a site. Is it based on population, patrol area, or what?

I was leaning toward the price of 1 per 2 or 3 on-duty, which is a steal considering the system itself is the equivalent of an entire squad of guards, except they never take breaks and they are infinitely better at detecting weapons, drugs and toxins."

Mark then thought for a minute, "Here's something that's pretty much unprecedented in the business world. Why don't you guys discuss it amongst yourselves, and then tell me what the service would be worth to you! After all, it's you guys that are going to have to sell it, because I don't want to be in competition with you.

I'll leave you guys to discuss this for a bit. Remember there's coffee and donuts upstairs."

Mark then went downstairs along with the rest of the staff. As soon as they got downstairs, Henry immediately asked "Well you certainly have an unorthodox business plan! This is going to be a fun job! Just asking for my own benefit, but what are our operating expenses and the manufacturing costs?"

Mark answered, "Operating costs are wages, taxes, computers, phones, Internet, websites and the subscription to the backend system. Manufacturing costs are zero."

Henry asked, "What do you mean our manufacturing costs are zero? How can that be and who do we pay for the monitoring? There must be someone somewhere that's helping this thing run."

Mark explained, "You aren't familiar with Atlantean technology... the drones are fabricated by an automated machine literally out of nothing and as for monitoring... that's actually an AI."

Henry said with concern, "AI? Is that safe? I mean what about that skynet terminator shit?"

Mark explained, "This is an Atlantean AI, they've been handling Atlantean security for millennia and they've never had any issues."

After that, they decided to bet on what they were going to suggest the base price and ratio to be.

Overall they all had the feeling that most, if not all, of them would sign on as partners, especially since it didn't cost anything to be a partner. The question in their minds was how fast were they going to adopt and implement?

After about an hour, Mark went upstairs and they had rearranged the chairs into a circle and were openly discussing things, "I see the discussion is still ongoing, but did you have any questions regarding the service?"

There was a couple of questions, but the main question on everyone's mind was from the police rep. "There's lots of cases for a cop to draw a weapon on a person that's strung out on drugs or is being aggressive, but they wouldn't be glowing as they have no weapons or drugs or toxins. We can't have cops getting incapacitated just because an aggressor isn't glowing."

Mark asked, "When a person is aggressive, but unarmed, is it policy to pull your service weapon or a taser?"

The police rep answered, "Well if they're unarmed the taser is the go-to."

Mark smiled, "Then I don't see what the issue is? You won't get knocked out for using a non-lethal weapon like a taser or bean bag gun, but I would welcome sitting down with the police service, as I don't want to cause any conflicts with you goal to protect and serve."

The police rep asked, "Well, how is it done on your planet?"

Mark explained, "Two ways actually, first everyone is identified, so we know who is security and who isn't, and second, our security only uses non-lethal weapons."

The police rep asked, "Can we get that technology?"

Mark said, "Identification? Sure, that's one of the businesses that I'm going to be starting, when I get back from Atlanterra, but it won't quite be to the level in the Federation. P-shooters or stun guns? Unfortunately no, although that and our recycling technology are on my list to discuss with the senate once I'm the King."

Everyone looked to the police rep who said, "It's an awesome system, we might have to change our procedures a bit, but if he's willing to work with us, to come up with a better way to do our jobs, we can't deny citizens the added security."

"I agree," the man representing the public school board stood up, "I can say already that this will be an easy sell, no matter what the cost, to ensure that all schools are weapon and drug free."

"I also agree," the rep from the Stampede board said.

Mark smiled, "So, it sounds like you like my system! Did you guys figure out what I should charge for it?"