Cowboys and Aliens Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I've also setup a bank of sorts to help people exchange currency for the eventual transit between planets. Oh and speaking of transit, I'm also setting up a transportation company to assist people in getting up to the embassy.

And lastly, I'm setting up an identification company to help centrally identify people, this is currently not yet launched and is still in the planning stages."

The Senator smiled and replied, "I've heard you demonstrated our construction technology on a few buildings on Earth. Why haven't you created a construction company?"

Mark recognized the setup question, so he replied, "For the exact same reason we don't give Atlantean technology to non-federated planets. It would put a lot of people out of work and the strain on their infrastructure, would put the planet into mass chaos. Every business I'm starting up has little to no impact on the employment numbers or even competition with other businesses. The security company for instance does not sell to the public, we contract ourselves to the security companies and local law enforcement and work with them, to help them do their jobs better and safer."

The Senator smiled and again the entire chamber was clapping.

Suddenly the view switched to an elderly man, "My King, I am Senator Rigat, the head of the senate committee. Your words today are music to my ears, we have needed a King like you for centuries. You have the full backing of this senate when you get here, which by our estimates should be the day after tomorrow.

As such, at this time, I would like to announce that, upon the new King accepting the crown, I will be retiring from my position."

There was a collective gasp around the entire chamber, as he held up his hands for quiet, "Please let me finish.

The reason I am retiring is, because I have been a senator for over 200 years. Until now most of my job has been trying to communicate between this committee and the previous royals who, as you know, have been a bit difficult to work with.

With what I've heard and seen of our new King, the Federation will again advance, thrive and prosper. I believe he will actually listen to the senate and the people, so I would like to spend my remaining years with my family, enjoying life under our new King. It will be time for some younger blood to take the reins."

Mark bowed and said, "Thank you Senator, for your perseverance and service through the years, and thank you to the rest of the committee for your support, I look forward to meeting all of you when we arrive."

The view then switched back to Senator Marsbe, "Liyana, I will contact the network and tell them to go ahead with what we have discussed. Until tomorrow, my King!" as she then bowed and ended the call.

The Commander looked confused, and was even more confused when he looked at Liyana and Mark and saw both of them grinning. He shook his head and said, "You two are not worried about the threat on his life, so I am not worried, you obviously have some secret plan in the works. I shall take my leave, my King!"

After the Commander left, Mark looked at Liyana, "So wanna tell me what's going on?"