Crabapple Cove Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's funny, Francis," Margaret said.

"Yes, but they weren't that amused when I made the observation. I barely got out of Novitiate alive after that one."

*****

"The New York tour was one of the best days we had together," Margaret said, looking out the window. "It was like we were dating, getting to know one another all over again. Then we went out tuna fishing on our day off the next week. I hooked into a fish, and Hawkeye strapped me into the chair. Fought that damn thing for an hour before I got it onboard, but it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I never felt so alive. Hawkeye never had to ask twice about a fishing cruise again."

"Wow, that's fantastic," her granddaughter said. "So that's why you've kept going out together on the ocean."

"Yes. Well, that first time, after we got the fish on board and into the live well, he tore off my clothes while I was still strapped down and took me in the bright sunlight."

"Grandmother!"

"Like I said, you're an adult now, and a doctor. The sunburn the next day wasn't that much fun, but we always remembered the sunscreen after that. We also had to come in to the dock after dark, so I could get to the car unseen. Never liked being naked in public. Just like that night in Tokyo with General Sanders. . ."

"Yes, I understand, Major," Maggie said, cutting the older woman off quickly. "Father Mulcahy's still alive, isn't he?"

"He's pretty frail in body, but firm in mind. We can visit him in Philly sometime; he'd love to see you again."

"I wish I'd known him better. Be honest with me: what did you think of Hawkeye when you first met him?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I thought he was a boor, a self centered creep, arrogant, pushy, childish, unmilitary in every way, didn't deserve to wear the uniform of our country."

"What did he think of you?"

"He thought I was a cross between Blanche DuBois and Heinrich Himmler. At least, that's what he told me later. I was dating Frank, who he hated with a passion, so I was lumped in with him."

"So what changed your mind?"

"Hawkeye's dedication to medicine, to his patients. He's as much a fighter as I am, just as relentless. Skilled and compassionate, smart and witty. I was surprised how cultured he was underneath that juvenile delinquent, and how much he picked up about combat. Like the night we were stuck in that abandoned hut, how he knew the artillery spotters were using it as a reference point and wouldn't destroy it because of that."

"The night you fell in love, Major?"

Margaret gave her granddaughter a steely look. "The night we fell in heat, and fucked each other crazy in the midst of an artillery barrage. I was scared out of my mind, and he turned everything into the Fourth of July."

The younger woman shifted uncomfortably on the bed and looked at the clock. "It's about time we went."

"Yes, Maggie. We'll take a run through the shower before we go. I'll call Alvin and the boys will meet us at the Bay View. Might as well have a nice meal before getting down to business."

"Yes, it doesn't look good."

"Tell me, Maggie. You're a doctor and you got a good look at the monitors, you saw his chart and heard the symptoms. What would you tell his family if he were your patient?"

The younger woman thought for a minute, then returned her grandmother's steely look. "I'd recommend they take him off the respirator. He's not coming back to anything near normal, and I know he'd hate being pushed around everywhere, unable to speak and dependent on everybody. They should let him go, it would be the best for all, both emotionally and financially."

The older woman kissed her granddaughter on her forehead. "You're mine and I'm proud of you. Well done. Move out, little soldier, we need to get going."

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
1 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damn, Mash II . . .

and loving it. Hardly ever missed it and watched all the reruns at least twice. A year of the time it was live, I worked at a drafting table in a room of a dozen engineers. My friend who had the table right in front of me was so hooked that the day of the next episode he would be antsy trying to wait. We were mean to him and would whistle the theme tune off and on all day. He would beg us to quit. Like a young boy on Christmas eve :) tnx, Lyn

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

What Now? Ch. 01 He finds out that his wife cheated on him.in Loving Wives
Pam's New Year's Celebration Ends W Drinking wife winds up pleasing the group.in Group Sex
The Teasing Comes To an End Beautiful wife and mother pleases husband.in Loving Wives
Labyrinth Breed Selene succumbs to the Minotaur's breeding frenzy.in NonHuman
Fitting Room Chronicles 01 What starts as a peep show, becomes so much more. in Exhibitionist & Voyeur
More Stories