Crimson and Ivory

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ivory blinked several times as she tried to clear the various colors that danced across her eyes. "I have, but I have never felt that type of passion. You have made my womanhood soaked and I fear Crimson will drown if I ask her to cleanse me."

"Good God," Grant hissed. "Your mother...," he shook his head and waved off the questioning look that Ivory had on her face. "Go to bed Ivory and if you need your sister to help you with the passion you feel, then by all means seek her out. You and your sister are rare gems and I pray I find my brother soon."

"I do to," Ivory whispered before rising and making her way back to her sister's side. Once behind the door, she reached between her legs and gathered the moisture that had dripped from her womanhood. She licked it off her fingers, then pushed the slim digits back in again. Ivory remained pressed against her bedroom door and found passion without her sister's help and when the colors were exploding behind her clenched lids, she whispered Grant's name.

The following morning the girls woke up and hurried to greet the day. Ivory rushed out, hoping to see Grant, but soon discovered that he was gone. Her mother was there, preparing their morning meal and she explained that the man had left early, hoping to find his brother. "He promised to return as quickly as he could," the old woman said after seeing the crestfallen look on Ivory's face.

Ivory wiped at a stray tear and squared her shoulders. "I hope he finds Richard safe and secure."

"So do I," Crimson whispered, before taking her place at the table.

The three of them dined on rice cakes, syrup, and warm milk. As they ate Ivory thought back over the night's events. She took a drink of her milk and then addressed a series of questions to her mother. "What does wooing mean? What other names can we call our womanhood? Why does squeezing hurt a man's velvet sack? And why does kissing it please him? What are the other names of a velvet sack and," she paused and stared up at the ceiling, "did I ask about wooing?"

Ivory's mother sat wearing a stunned expression on her face as did Crimson. It took Ivory a moment to realize the silence in the air was due to the fact that her mother was not speaking, but had in fact seemed to have lost all thought and reasoning. "Mother, are you alright?" Ivory asked.

The old woman cleared her throat. "He promised me to leave you untouched," she whispered.

"He but only kissed me mother. It was I that touched him. He said he would be back to woo me. What does that mean?" Ivory asked again.

Her mother sighed. "Tell me what happened after I went to bed. I was sure you were sleeping when I left Grant alone."

Crimson said nothing, but her curiosity was easy to read. She too waited to hear her sister's tale.

"I told Crimson I was worried that he would roll over in the night and catch fire. Much like we would have rolled off the cliff had it not been for that angelic man -- who we all believe to be Richard -- protecting us. So I left our rooms to check on him. When I saw him, he was in a deep dream. His hand was squeezing his manhood and the sounds he made seemed painful. His face looked full of anguish. I did not want him to suffer so I woke him up."

Their mother shook her head. "He was self-pleasuring. It is called masturbation. I would have thought that you and your sister had done this already. It is where your stroke your womanhood until you feel the passion you discovered with each other."

"Ah," both girls said. "We have done that," Crimson admitted. She then whispered the word "masturbation" more to herself than anyone in particular.

"Yes," her mother answered. "I am sure you have. So you caught Grant masturbating and then what happened?"

"Well, I didn't know that was what he was doing. But he saw my curiosity and he allowed me touch his cock."

"His cock?" Crimson asked. "What is a cock?"

Ivory grinned over the knowledge that she knew something her sister didn't know. "It is another name for his manhood! It has other names too. Dick. Rod. Impaler. Snake. Tool... ."

"Enough," their mother said, cutting off Ivory's new found dictionary of words. "Continue your story."

"I asked about his velvet sack, because I did not see one on him. He said it was still in his trousers, so he pulled it out and showed it to me. I touched it, but he winced. I did not know I caused him pain. When I realized it, I quickly kissed it and hoped to make him feel better."

Their mother groaned and Crimson asked, "Did you? Did your kiss make him feel better?"

"Yes, it did," Ivory said with a hint of pride in her voice. "But then he put it and his snake away."

"Well that was kind of him," their mother muttered under her breath.

"I asked him to take it out again, but he said it was best if he didn't. Then he mentioned this wooing thing."

"What is wooing?" Crimson asked.

Ivory looked to her mother and their mother took a long drink from her milk. "For the first time in years," she said, more to herself than her daughters, "I wish I had whiskey." She rolled her shoulders and smiled at the girls before her. "Wooing is when a man takes interest in a woman and he gives her lots of attention and sometimes gifts. He takes her for walks and learns about her likes and dislikes. He treats her with kindness, respect, and honors her. He promises to protect her from all things evil and he asks her to become his wife and mother to his children. Grant has asked my permission to woo you and I have given it to him. I am glad he put his 'snake' away."

"His wife!" Ivory's smile was huge. "You mean like you were to father? He wishes to be a husband to me?"

"Yes, my daughter. He does. He would like to wed you and make you his wife. He told me that you are unique. You are unlike any woman or girl he has known and you would be a pearl among his people."

Ivory spun around and stared at her sister. "Can you imagine, me as a wife!"

Crimson returned her sister's smile, but the joy of upturned lips did not flow into her eyes. "That would be very lovely," she said, though inside her heart was breaking. What would happen to her if her sister went to Grant's home and Richard remained lost? What would happen to mother if Ivory left and how would Crimson survive if her sister were not there?

Crimson rose from the table and began to clean. She did not want to think of wooing and yet, if Grant returned to woo Ivory, it meant he also returned with Richard by his side. She was torn on what emotions to carry and what hope to covet. Hope for Grant's safe return? Or hope that Richard was not found, for then her sister would never leave?

Ivory was lost in a world of new dreams and endless possibilities. She did not see the worry or pain on her sister's face, but their mother did. While Ivory did her part in tending to the morning chores, their mother went outside and walked through the snow to speak to the rose bushes her husband had planted.

The twin plants were in a dormant state and their leaves were dry and dead. There were no blossoms to enjoy, but she still found beauty in the plant and she also found peace. It was here that she felt closer to her husband and it was here that she went to speak to him. This morning her words were heavy as were her thoughts.

"My dear sweet love. How I have failed our daughters. I have been greedy. Keeping them to myself and not sharing their beauty with the world. Now they are discovering love and joy, passion and excitement on their own and with each other. I know it is wrong, but how do I tell them no, when they have only each other to learn from. Now this man comes and he brings with him new lessons and lessons that our dear Ivory must learn. Crimson hurts. She sees her sister growing and knows that when this stranger returns her sister will follow him. I know it too, and though it pains me, it is the cycle of life, is it not?"

The wind picked up and kissed her cheeks.

"Husband, I miss you so much. I wish you were here now, to hold me and guide my hand. Your daughters are angels and you would be so proud of them and their beauty, not just their outer appearance, but their inner beauty would astound you. My love, continue to watch over us and if you know how to show young Grant where his brother is, please do so. I believe it is that man that is suited for our Crimson. If Grant returns without his brother, I will move our daughter to the village and I will help her learn of the world that I have kept her closeted from. Rest well, my sweet."

The old woman turned away and walked around the perimeter of her cottage. She was not quite ready to return to the warmth of the fire or the safety of her home.

Inside the cottage the girls finished their chores and opted to remain indoors for the time being. They sensed their mother's desire to be alone and also Crimson had asked her sister to return to their bedroom, so they could talk. She had questions about what Ivory had seen and done the night before and for the first time felt more ignorant than her sister.

"Did you really kiss his velvet sack?" Crimson asked as soon as they were settled on the bed.

"I did, but he called them his balls," Ivory admitted.

"Balls?"

"Yes, I guess even the velvet sack of a man has a different name."

"Strange."

"They did not feel like balls though. I mean remember the hard polished wood that father had formed into a sphere and he called them balls. These were not hard like balls, nor did they feel hard like wood."

Crimson angled her head. "What did they feel like?"

"I did not get to touch them for long. Remember I said I hurt him. I squeezed them and he pulled my head back. Actually, no wait. He pulled my head back after I kissed his balls."

"Pulled your hair!"

"Yes, he asked why I kissed them and I explained because I thought I had hurt them."

Crimson nodded her head. "Yes, I remember you mentioning that to mother. So he pulled your hair after you kissed his velvet sack."

"His balls. That's what he called it remember."

"Oh yes. So did he say why he pulled you hair. It doesn't sound very friendly of him."

Ivory laughed. "He did not say. He did say I made him feel wonderful though. Perhaps my kiss surprised him and he acted without thought. He did not mean to hurt me. He apologized."

"Well, that is good then."

Ivory lowered her gaze and teased a loose thread on their blanket.

"What is it?" Crimson asked.

"You will find me foolish."

"No, I won't. Tell me."

"When he pulled my hair, my womanhood tingled."

Crimson eyed her questionably. "You mean like when I touch you there, or kiss you?"

"Yes, but it was different too. It tingled deeper inside me," Ivory admitted.

"There is so much to learn," Crimson whispered. "I realized mother did not answer all your questions."

Ivory thought a moment then sighed. "You are correct. I forgot. I was very much caught up in sharing my news with you and then she left."

"Perhaps it is better to find the answers to your questions yourself, when he comes back."

"You are right, though I am very curious what he calls our womanhood. Now that I have heard some of the words he uses to describe his manhood," Ivory suddenly stopped and changed the conversation, "oh sister, I kissed him goodnight. It was with my tongue in his mouth, the same as with you, but different. It left my womanhood soaked and I came into the bedroom and I," she chewed on her lip, looking for the word their mother had used, "masturbated!"

Crimson blushed. "I did that too, after you left. I did not know that was its name, but I thought of the man with the golden hair -- Richard and I found my womanhood wet and hot. I whispered his name when my passion was great."

"As I did, but I called out Grant's."

"Perhaps sister, your Grant will return with his brother and Richard will find me pleasing enough to woo."

Ivory smiled. "Oh that would be wonderful. Then we would both be wives and we could live with them." She lowered her head again. "I admit sister I have worried about leaving you and mother behind, if Grant makes me his wife."

"I feared it too."

"But if Richard finds you pleasing and woos you, then you can live with Grant and I. Mother will come too, won't she? She won't want to stay here in the woods alone? Will she?" Ivory's voice broke with emotion.

"We will make her come," Crimson said haughtily.

"Make me come where?"

The girls turned and saw their mother. They had been to deep in conversation to hear the door opening or her stepping over the threshold. "If the men return and take us as wives would you not come with us to live?"

"Of course I would," their mother said. "But we must not think to far into the future. Come there is work to be done and you girls must tend to your chores. Do not think that now that you have men to dream about that you can become lazy."

"Of course not mother," Crimson said, and Ivory nodded her head in agreement. The sisters climbed off the bed, hugged their mother and hurried to tend to their chores, so that they could spend the rest of their day imagining life within the arms of a man.

Winter was harsh and Spring cold and wet. When Summer arrived the girls had given up hope that Grant would return and bring with him Richard. The old woman had decided that she would take the girls to the village and as she packed a mid-day meal for them to enjoy, she heard the sound of what to her was a thousand horses tearing up her yard. She walked out of the cottage and was greeted to five dozen men dismounting from mares and stallions that looked fit for a king.

Grant walked forth, took her hand and bent down, leaving a kiss on her wrinkled hand. "Mistress, I have returned as promised."

"I see." She looked around him and took note again of the men and horses that followed him. "And did you find your brother?"

Grant smiled. He stepped back and waved a gloved hand toward a group of men. The men parted and a taller man stepped out from the center of them. He wore white clothing and had a thick mop of gold hair upon his head. He was slimmer than Grant, but no less attractive. "My brother Richard."

"You are the angel that watched over my daughters?" the old woman asked.

Richard nodded his head. "I came upon them during one of my attempts at escape. I had been kidnapped and that particular night I was close to freedom when I came upon your daughters. I noticed them sleeping and did not wish to disturb them. But I also saw the precipice and knew I could not leave them unprotected. So I sat and watched over them. Had they rolled too far, I would have woken them, but when morning came and they opened their eyes, I knew they were safe. I ran away, hoping to divert anyone that had been following me far from where your daughters had been. I was captured two days later and taken back to my prison."

"And the one who stole you away? Where is he now? Are my daughters and I safe or have you brought your enemy here?" the mother asked.

"He is vanquished," Grant said in a tone that ended the conversation.

"You and your daughters are safe," Richard said before turning to look around. "Where are they, if I may be so bold as to ask?"

"They are gathering berries for our mid-day meal. We were going to go to the village. I was going to introduce them to others." She saw the look on Grant's face and quickly added, "I did not know your fate. Your visit showed me that my daughters can no longer live in ignorance."

Grant lowered his head and then looked up at the old woman. "I did not deflower her," he said, in a hushed whisper.

"I know, but what you did do was enough to make her curious and her sister more so."

"What did you do?" Richard asked. He put his hand on the sword at his hip.

"Rest easy brother," Grant said. "I did not hurt the girl. Besides it is not the redhead I wish to woo. I wish to seek the one named Ivory as my wife." He saw Richard relax. "I knew it! I knew from your tone of voice it was the redhead you had watched so intensely that night!"

Richard said nothing. He chose instead to look at the girls' mother. "Mistress, my brother speaks true. I did look over both of your daughter's, but it was the one you call Crimson who charmed me while she slept. If you would but stay off your journey to the village and allow my brother and I to speak to your daughters, perhaps spend time with them so that they give us permission to woo them, it would be most appreciative."

"Well, must you do so with all these men and horses?" she asked.

"Not at all," Grant answered. "They will depart within the hour. The village you spoke of, it is close?"

"On horseback, not far at all. Send your men East and they will find the path in which is most traveled. It will take them to the village. There they will find food and bedding as well as other supplies."

Grant thanked her for her help and quickly called his men to his side. True to his word, within the hour they were gone, but the hooves had caused great damage to the woman's yard. Richard and Grant apologized, and the woman sighed. "It is of no great harm. I have a feeling, this yard will soon be forgotten and no longer mine to deal with. Come inside, both of you and eat some cake before the girls get back. They are running behind schedule, which means they are likely wallowing in sorrow over your absence."

The two brothers followed the old woman in and once inside they enjoyed her company and her sweet desserts.

Another hour passed before the door was flung open and the girls burst in. "Mother! Mother are you okay! Great beasts have trampled the... ." Crimson's words stopped as she stared into the eyes of the golden angel from the year before. Her lower lip trembled and her knees felt weak. Ivory came up behind her, and fear for her mother melted when she rested her eyes upon Grant.

The two men stood up and bowed to the girls. Grant walked around his brother and took both of Ivory's hands. He brought them to his lips and kissed her fingers. "Good day Ivory," he whispered.

She blushed and whispered, "Good day."

Richard had not spoken yet nor had Crimson resumed her speech. They looked upon each other and the trance they were in was broken only when the old woman stepped between them. "Crimson, you and your sister change your clothes. You're both covered in berry juice. Your men will be here when you return."

Crimson nodded her head and felt herself being pulled along by her sister. Once inside their rooms, the two girls squealed with delight. It did not take them long to change clothes, but it did take them long to brush out their hair. Crimson's hung in curls down her back, while Ivory's shone bright like long strands of white silk. They returned to their mother and their guests. Their stomachs were knotted and their pulses fast, but both girls looked less frazzled than when they'd left.

"Sit down daughters."

The girls did so and openly stared and smiled at the two men. Their mother laughed. "Ladies, both men have asked permission to woo you and I have granted them the opportunity. They will be staying in a tent outside, one that Grant has provided and over the course of several days you will be allowed time with them, both supervised and unsupervised. They have both sworn to keep your maidenheads intact until your wedding nights."

Both girls blushed. They had learned a lot from their mother during the winter and spring. They understood what maidenheads were and they even had learned words for their womanhood. It had taken a lot of coaxing but their mother finally gave them a vocabulary that she felt gave them just enough knowledge to help them feel more at ease with growing up.

"For now," their mother was saying, "you are to take the men to the pond, show them these woods, so neither gets lost while hunting or exploring. You have them now, the last thing you want to do is lose them."

123456...8