Crossing Moon Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jayleen88
Jayleen88
543 Followers

Adrian cut his words off, "I did not bring anyone, Ray, you should have known better than that by now."

"I trust you Rolf but you see," he chuckled again as he pulled open the car door, signalling Adrian to get out, "I had my orders to filter out the possibilities."

Adrian scoffed but he didn't say anything, he got out the car and then jiggled his car keys into his left pocket, "I can't stay long, Ray."

"Ah, so, the son disapproves us?" Ray asked with no interest as they walked pass the row of forgotten houses and then went into the dense forest.

Inside the forest, Adrian was amazed to find a narrow pathway that seemed to stretch forever into the distance. "He doesn't trust rogues."

"And yet, we're the only ally you have, didn't you tell him that? The whole story of your pack's betrayal on you?" Ray replied back.

"It's a miracle that the Elders haven't found out about your survival," Adrian said, ignoring Ray's disturbing question.

"Well, we lived because of our ability to survive, Adrian," Ray grinned and then a thought crossed his mind, "Ah hah, so you haven't told your son the truth?"

Adrian, regardless, continued to ignore him. "My pack did not betray me." He stated simply as that.

"But isn't the Alpha's mate -," but before Ray could even finish his words, Adrian growled and pulled him by his ragged collar and slammed his body to the tree.

"For once, in your pitiful life, Ray, will you please shut up?" Adrian demanded at him. His breath came out raggedly. Ray growled a bit but chose to not bring it any further, he nodded. "Great," he paused, releasing Ray. He fell down on his knees on the ground, Ray scoffed but he stood up anyway, "Shall we continue our journey?" Adrian asked him.

Ray rolled his eyes and then he ripped his ragged clothes and before Adrian could even utter a word, he phased into this big black furry wolf. His sharp teeth bore at him, his head signalled to the left, telling Adrian to followed suit.

Adrian sighed, "I don't want to phase, Ray."

But Ray ignored him anyway. He looked at him for another second before flitting into the dense forest, the narrow pathway forgotten and Adrian knew that the what way Ray wanted him to follow was perhaps the fastest and safest way, either that, or he had led him to a trap.

Adrian sighed. How many years had it been since he last phased? He hadn't done so for reasons that he considered as frivolous. He didn't need to phase to see the moon, he didn't need to change to leap and roam the forest. The only time when he had phased outside the pack was when his son had showed signs of phasing when he was nine. He was shocked to learn that his wolf genes had indeed coursed within his son's veins just like he had feared. The moon had wanted him to teach his only son the way of the wolf and certainly he had done so but he hadn't told him the whole truth. He had never phased to his wolf form purely for his own desires. He had long squished the need to roam free within the woods and feel the Earth moved on his paws. He had wanted to feel what it like was to be a part of a normal human being.

His son had shared the same view with him, ever since – well, ever since he had first phased. He was sorry that his son had hated that half part of him and he was even more sorry to know that his son had taken quite a long while to forgiven himself – his poor son, alone, blaming himself for what he hadn't intentionally done. If he could turn back time, he would have found a way to stop his son from feeling guilty and drowning with regret.

He looked at the departed Ray who must have been miles away already into the woods but it would still be easy for him to find Ray if he had phased. He sighed. He unbuttoned his shirt and then took his jeans off, he learned that ripping clothes off the body was a waste and made a complete unnecessary burn on his wallet. He folded his clothes neatly and then spotted a low tree bark and hung it there. He walked nakedly to where Ray had flown through; he closed his eyes and felt his rebellious wolf fighting to rise up above, wanting to be in control after so many years of losing the battle inside his soul. The wolf ached to be free and for once stretch those rusty muscles. He took a deep breath and let his wolf coursed within him.

He just had to let it all go...

***

And so,
The wolf roams free,
Up and about,
The wind flew by,
And the moon rose...

***

To be continued...

Don't forget to VOTE and please COMMENT! Thanks!!

***

Jayleen88
Jayleen88
543 Followers
12