Crossing Moon Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jayleen88
Jayleen88
543 Followers

All of them were totally unaware that Sam was the only one there who weren't talking to the others but had fixed his gaze on her.

And Carinelle noticed it.

He smiled -- a friendly one in fact, but it made her squirmed on her seat nonetheless. Why is he staring at me? Carinelle wondered as she tried to distract herself by eating her appetiser. Then, she looked at Aveline who, for once, seemed to enjoy the dinner party. She was talking and laughing with the other Alpha Female.

She risked a glance and noted that Sam was still smiling at her and then he lifted his champagne-filled glass and offered a toast at her. She just looked at him, speechless and somewhat felt embarrassed with his attention.

And then, he looked away when the low ranks started to serve them the main course and for once, Carinelle felt a mix of both relief and disappointment in her soul.

***

They were having desserts now but Samuel didn't feel like having one. He looked at the blushing Carinelle and felt a stir of amusement pooling inside him. He stood up, and she, naturally, noticed it and looked at him. He smiled at her and then gestured for her to follow him.

He didn't even wait to see for her response, he just turned and went out from the Dinner Hall. Carinelle bit her lips, looking doubtful for a moment there. She was still sitting in her seat, her eyes followed his every move till he went out the door. He wanted me to come, she realized.

Should I go?

She looked at Alven, oh, the love of her life -- well, her unrequited love to be exact. He didn't even notice her tonight, well, perhaps the fact that she had given him the cold shoulder didn't really help to warm him up towards her.

She stood up slowly, everyone in the room didn't even seem to notice her -- or well, perhaps she wasn't worth noticing but before she could even walk a few more steps towards the door. Fiorelle stopped her, "Carrie, dear, where are you going? You haven't even touched your dessert."

Carinelle panicked for a moment but composed herself, "I'm full, Mum," she said, "Can I be excused? I feel so tired,"

Fiorelle stared at her for a while, and then looked at her mate, Jerry was busy discussing pack matters with James; she looked at her daughter and smiled, "All right, good night, sweetie,"

Carinelle smiled widely and despite for her claim of being tired, she hurried out to the door. The long corridor ahead of her was empty. She looked left and right but 'Sam' wasn't there.

"Sam?" She called, almost a whisper as she feared the closed dinner hall door behind her wasn't enough to block her calling this intriguing man. She walked another few steps and then, just as she passed a big floor-length window, she caught glance of him standing by the lake outside. She went to the window and her hands pressed on the cool glass pane and whispered, "Sam?"

He heard her and looked up. He waved at her, gesturing her to come out to him.

She smiled, and then said, "All right..."

***

She didn't know why but she ran. She didn't have to run, she knew that but somehow, she wanted to run. The long corridor down the hall was tedious and annoyed her for the distance felt too much for her. Yes, Alven might break her heart but it didn't mean that she could not survive.

And this Sam; well, this guy intrigued her.

In some way that she, herself, could not explain in a comprehensible way. She ran down the grand staircase and for a moment, felt silly, like she was playing a role in an old fairy tale.

She pushed open the door and there he was a few metres away. He stood there, confident and suave.

The moonlight above made him looked even more beautiful -- more magical! She ran to him and then stopped, panting for her breath.

"Why you run, little sheep?"

"Sheep?" she rolled her eyes, "First, I'm a cuddly lamb and now, a sheep?"

He grinned. "Well, you're still cuddly and cute."

"You sly wolf," she laughed, "You and your sweet talking."

"Ah, the sheep thinks I'm kidding," he offered her his hand.

She looked at it and then at him, "How come I've never seen you before?" she asked suddenly.

"Well, I'm not much of a social butterfly," he admitted truthfully, "I don't really leave home."

She accepted his hand and he grasped it. She felt warm and in some weird way, a tingle of calmness swept within her. "Why now?" she asked as he brought her closer to him.

"Because my role in my pack," he said, trailing his fingers on her bare arm.

"Your role?" She was mesmerized with him. It was odd, to be -- well, to feel like that. She had just met him for crying out loud!

And did she not claimed to be in love with Alven?

He touched her face with his free hand, caressing her softly, as if she was a delicate being and said, "Your father invited the alphas to come for dinner tonight, remember?"

He grinned. She looked at him, "Alpha?"

But he didn't say more as he bent his head down and kissed her fully on her lips.

***

TO BE CONTINUED...

***

Jayleen88
Jayleen88
543 Followers
12