Crossing Moon Ch. 11

Story Info
...a little twist.
4.6k words
4.62
18.9k
7

Part 11 of the 15 part series

Updated 10/17/2022
Created 06/27/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jayleen88
Jayleen88
544 Followers

***

All thanks goes to Izabella and Angie for editing this chapter...

***

From Aveline Erickana Ruben's diary:

30th November 2008, 10.30 PM, my bed

It has been ages since I last updated this pathetic journal. Seriously, I don't even know why I still bothered doing this. I just – well, perhaps, I don't have any other outlet to vent out my feelings.

I still miss Max.

Really, I truly do but maybe he didn't feel the same way as I felt for him. Otherwise, he would have contacted me.

But then, Carrie went on, cheerfully, that I was SILLY.

Ugh, seriously man, what's up with her? She has been so exuberantly CHEERFUL ever since the dinner a few weeks ago.

"He doesn't even have your number, let alone your email, how the heck do you expect him to contact you?" she said in a happy unbiased way, "Maybe you should try to go back to Lexton and check with Yvainne?"

Hmm, she got a point there but still, what's up with the EXTRA cheeriness??

Avvie

From Carinelle Hynes Thorn's diary:

30th November 2008, 9.30 PM, balcony.

I'm sorry diary. I've neglected you for so long. I just, well, I couldn't help it. I've been so distracted the past few weeks.

But I'm so happy. You know, it was weird. I didn't know that I could feel this happy after Alven. Well, I still love Alven and everything but the pain was numbed although I could feel it trying to surface back.

Sam made me happy. Sammie, haha, oh my goodness, he really hates it when I called him 'Sammie'. He was all like, "that's a girl's name! Sam! Call me Sam or even Samuel," it was really adorable. It only fuelled me more to annoy him.

Well, he kissed me that night during the Alpha Dinner. I didn't know why but the kiss felt so good and so satisfying. I feel like I wanted to jump all over him and just surrender myself into the kiss.

We are not a couple. I have to be straight with you diary. We're not. We're just good friends who happened to like to make out on some MANY occasions – and passionately, if I must add.

He had taken me out for some outing and then dinners. It was nice. I didn't tell my parents about him taking me out, I mean, what's the point?

He says he's goanna take me some where special tomorrow. Haha! I can hardly wait!

Carrie.

***

"Alven, hey, are you busy?" Aveline asked, peering into Alven's bedroom. It was dark but she could still see him lying on his bed. She went inside and continued, "Hey, are you asleep?" She sat on the edge of his bed and then tapped him on the shoulder lightly.

He growled, "Go away Aveline, I'm sleeping here." he groused, swatting her away.

"Come on, Alven, please, just a few minutes!" she said, still tugging at him.

He groaned and sat upright, his back to the bed headboard. "All right, but after that, get out."

Aveline ignored his rude remark. She knew full well that Alven was crabby if he was disturbed when he was sleeping. She ought to wait in the morning but she couldn't bear to wait anymore. "Let's go back to Lexton, just for a day or two, please Alven," she said, almost pleading.

That woke Alven completely. "Lexton? Seriously?"

"Yes! Say you agree, Alven," she said.

"But why?"

"I just want to see whether or not Max contacts your girlfriend," she said, he groaned, "Besides, I think you owe Yvainne at least some closure."

"I don't remember you being so thoughtful for her sake," Alven remarked, "Are you sure you don't have any selfish reasons behind all this?"

"Seriously, Alven, ugh, you still have time to joke," she growled.

He chuckled, "And why are you here? And not asking Carinelle?"

She scoffed, "How would you know that I haven't asked her?"

"Well, I'm the least likely candidate for you to consider, that's pretty much seemed obvious." He said, "It's either you haven't ask Carrie or you did, but she refused,"

She glowered, "Fine, I admit it! I did NOT ask her! Are you happy now?"

"But why?" he asked.

She sighed, "She's – well, it's just so hard to see her nowadays," she paused, "When I called her, the low rank said that she's out with a friend."

"A friend?" Alven asked, a hint of little jealousy formed in his tone.

She looked at him, ignoring her brother's tone, "Yes, a friend, now can we go back to business here?"

He sighed this time, "Sure, all right, whatever,"

"Thanks!" she beamed at him, "I owe you big time!"

He smiled, "When do you want to go?"

"Tomorrow," she said, "I've booked the tickets and everything,"

He rolled his eyes at her.

***

"You're early!" Carinelle exclaimed happily the next day, flinging both of her arms to him. He laughed, stroking her hair softly.

"I just went to see your father that's all," he said after she released him.

She looked at him curtly, "Whatever for?"

"Alpha matters," he said shortly, and then he pulled her to him and kissed her softly on her lips but then she pushed him away.

"Aww, come on Sammie, not here," she said testily, "We might be seen."

Samuel raised his eyebrow, "Let them see," he said, "And it's Sam, how many times must I need to remind you?"

Carinelle grinned, "Sammie Sam Sam, we wouldn't want the others to think that there is something going on between us, now would we?"

Samuel growled disapprovingly, "And what if I want something to be between us?"

She laughed, pulling him closer to her and kissed his cheek, "You're so funny," she said, "Now, where are you planning to take me out today?"

He sighed, "The car's waiting outside," he told her.

"Great!" she enthused happily, "Let's go."

Her eagerness made him smile. "We will, in a minute," he said.

She pouted, "What are we waiting for?"

"Don't I deserve a hug?"

She rolled her eyes at him but she flung her arms at him anyway and hugged him tightly, feeling his warmth enveloping her and for a split second there, she felt at peace and cuddly. It was as if his arms were meant to be around her. It was hard for her to comprehend these feelings but at the moment, she didn't care.

Samuel closed his eyes, his feelings wavered the minute she was in his arms. The wolf in him stirred and somehow his lust for power and mate seemed to be torn at two roads.

She released him quickly when she realized where they were. She scowled at him, "Really, Sam, do you want the others to think wrong about us?"

"You'll grow old fast if you keep on scowling," he grinned.

She stuck her tongue out at him and walked ahead to the door. He laughed, gaining up to her. "Aww, don't be mad, Carrie, I was just kidding," he smiled.

She stopped, turned to him and said cheekily, "You're lucky you're so adorable, or else, I'd kick your alpha ass off,"

He grinned, "So, I'm adorable?"

She gave him a light punch on his shoulder, "Come on, let's go,"

Samuel smiled and nodded, both of them went out to the main door, unaware that Jerry was standing at a corner.

***

Carinelle laughed, "What are you doing?" she asked when Sam closed her eyes with his hands, the minute they went out from the car.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if you see it," he told her.

"It's just a forest, for crying out loud," she said, giggling.

"Ah well, you haven't seen anything yet," he told her, guiding her carefully into the forest and then, after a few minutes walking into the forest, he gave up and lifted her up in his arms. She shrieked in surprise, her hands clung to his neck. She looked at him, "Close your eyes!" he warned her.

She giggled but obeyed him anyway so she closed her eyes shut. He carried her through the forest; she could hear splashes of water a few metres away.

"Are we going for a swim?" she asked, her eyes still closed.

"No," he replied, with amusement.

"C'mon let me down, Sam, I feel silly," she said, trying to free herself from his arms.

He chuckled, still holding a firm grasp on her, "It's just you and me here, nobody will see and," he paused, grinning, "Nobody will think that you're silly,"

She sighed, "You really make me happy Sam," she said suddenly, almost a whisper but still audible to him.

He beamed at her, not saying anything. A few minutes later, he gently let her down on her feet, saying, "Keep your eyes close, Carrie,"

She chuckled and then panicked for a moment when he let her go completely. Her arms flailed, trying to reach out to him but she couldn't find him. She was tempted to open her eyes but then, she changed her mind. "Sam?" she called out.

"A few seconds more," he said, sounding excited for some reason.

Carinelle curt her forehead and bit her lips but she kept her eyes closed anyway. She could hear the rustle of some leaves near her and the sound of a soft opening of a box of some sort.

"Carrie, my sweet?" he called out, "Open your eyes..."

And she did. The first thing that she noticed was how beautiful the area was. Tall lush trees surrounding them, with a calm flowing stream of a lake just a few feet away, and oh, the sun, did she mention of how beautiful the sun was? It was almost setting.

And then a split second later, she looked at him and gasped.

***

"We're finally here," Aveline exclaimed as she went out from the cab. Their parents weren't entirely thrilled with the idea of them going back to Lexton on a school's holiday.

Gracielle had went on asking, "Why the rush on going back?"

James, on the other hand, just waited for their children to answer. Alven was tempted to say that it was all Aveline's idea but then, he changed his mind.

"We just need a day or two there," Alven had told them, "We won't be long."

It took them some time but their parents finally relented and since it wasn't pack business or anything. Alven and Aveline had to do all the things themselves, such as, transportation.

Malcolm had wanted to arrange some low ranks to come with them so that they would be served in Rubenston Manor but Aveline had said that they didn't need it.

"We'll just rent a hotel there," Aveline told him reassuringly, "Don't worry, Malcolm."

And now, they stood in front of Wolfy Cafe, and for once, unsure on what to do next.

"Look, she's there," Aveline told her brother, and sure enough, Yvainne was there, standing on the counter, making up more fresh batches of coffee. There were certainly a whole lot of people coming to the cafe.

Alven sighed, "All right then, let's get this over with."

Aveline raised her eyebrow at him, "C'mon Alven, at least, you could take her out for dinner or something," she said, "You owed it to her, be nice."

"She said she loved me, is it?" Alven asked suddenly, just as Aveline pushed open the door and Yvainne automatically looked up. She brightened up when she saw Alven and Aveline. She dropped her order, not even caring the fact that it spilled on the floor. She ran towards them and hugged Alven tightly.

I hope that answers your question, Aveline thought to her brother.

Alven staggered for a minute, shocked with Vannie's reaction. She kissed him on his neck and then up to his cheeks. She looked at him, beaming, "I thought you guys wouldn't be back until the holiday's over,"

"Yeah, we're just here for a couple of days," Aveline said.

Yvainne released him from her embrace. He smiled at her wanly, "Yeah, just a couple of days." he agreed.

"Oh, and then, you guys are going to go back home?" Yvainne asked.

"Obviously," Aveline said, "Can we sit first? I have some things to talk with you."

"Oh, yes, sorry." Yvainne said, as she took them to an empty booth, a bit far from the other customers.

"There are a lot of people today, huh?" Alven asked, trying to open up a conversation.

She smiled, "Yeah, I even managed to hire two waitresses," she paused, "Adrian will be so happy."

"Yeah, well, speaking of which," Aveline cut off, not wanting to waste any time with the pretense, "Have they contacted you?"

Somehow, Aveline kind of expected the answer -, "No, they haven't." Yvainne sighed with disappointment. Aveline stood up, her heart broken even more, "Avvie?" she asked curiously but it seemed like Aveline was in a different world. She walked out from the booth, straight to the main door.

Alven sighed, "Let her be,"

"Did I say something wrong?" Yvainne asked, genuinely confused.

"No,"

Yvainne felt the seriousness in his voice. She bit her lips. "Look, my lunch break is in 20 minutes," she told him, trying to ignore his tone, "Let's have lunch together, I haven't seen you in the longest time ever."

***

Aveline broke into a run.

She couldn't help it. Her worst fear was confirmed, forever. The love of her life was gone. It felt so horrible – like, half of her was sliced open and crushed into smithereens.

Was this how it felt like? The pain of losing a soul mate? She couldn't deny the fact, the irony of such twist that fate has bestowed upon her – her mate was a human. Let the pack roared with anger, let her father be disappointed of her – she couldn't care less, not anymore, not when her heart had shattered like this.

She didn't want to feel such pain anymore. Was there a way? Any way for her to escape such torturous pain, anything was better than this.

She ran into the forest, ripping her clothes at the same time, knowing that she was deep enough in the forest to not be seen. She closed her eyes, leaped up and sprinted in her wolf form.

***

He knelt in front of her, his hand stretched out, holding a small beautiful round-shaped box. There was a bracelet inside. It was enchantingly beautiful – the bracelet was platinum white gold with diamonds placed in one perfect line.

She swallowed, somehow knowing what he was going to do.

He smiled at her, "Carinelle, you've been the sunlight of my life," he said lovingly, "And you know full well, on how much I adore you and although we have just met..." he paused, taking her right hand, she looked at him, speechless, "It doesn't mean that we can't be together."

"Samuel?" for once, Carrie used his full name. "I – I -," she sputtered.

But Samuel ignored it and continued, "Carrie, my dear, would you do me the honour of becoming my mate?"

The sun was set, casting gorgeous fiery orange and red all over by the lake...

She looked at him, her heart swelled with happiness but then, she bit her lips.

Alven... she thought to herself.

She knelt down to him, he looked at her questioningly. She smiled at him, taking the box and placed it on the grass near them. She touched his face with her hands and then kissed his forehead. His hands crawled to her back and held her close. He kissed her neck, giving some playful bites.

She gently pushed him away, "I'm... I'm flattered and honoured, Sam, really I am..."

"But?" Samuel asked, knowing that there was always a 'but'.

She bit her lips again, her hands tangled to his, "I need time to think," she told him diplomatically, "I'm eighteen, I'm still in school and – and mating is just something of a huge step for me."

"Your mother mated at eighteen too, am I right?" Samuel asked.

She smiled at him, "I suppose so but you see, I'm different," she told him.

"I thought we're ready," he said, not bothering to hide his disappointment.

She hugged him tightly, "The moon knows how much you made me happy and safe, Sam, but give me time,"

He sighed, nuzzling on the base of her skin, smelling her intoxicating scent. "Don't take so much time, Carrie, love."

She chuckled, "Thank you for giving such a memorable romantic setting..." she whispered.

"Well, in my mind, you agreed to be my mate..." he replied back, almost a chuckle. She kissed his cheek again and stared into his green eyes and then before she could utter a reply, he said, "I love you..."

***

"Where's everyone?" Yvainne asked, Alven held her hand through hallway of Ruben Manor.

"Everyone?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's so quiet here." she said.

Alven didn't reply for a moment, "Everyone's back at home." he told her.

"Really? All of you? Even the butler and maids?"

Alven almost blurted out that they did not have butler and maids, they only have low ranks but then he bit his tongue, sighing, he didn't answer her, instead, he pulled her gently to sit down on one of the plush seats in the living room.

"What's wrong?" she asked again, as if she sensed the doubt in him.

He looked at her. She felt this pang of awe when she stared at his perfection. He was all hers, right?

"Vannie, you know that I'm from a different place, far from Lexton," he told her.

She nodded, "Yes, I know that."

"When I went back home, I realized that it's not fair for you. I mean, I can't do this to you anymore, Aveline was right, I can't hurt you more," he paused, "You have a bright future ahead and I just don't think that -,"

She blinked at him, shocked, she stood up, "What do you mean?!" she asked, "Are – are you breaking up with me?"

He stood up too, "We are never a couple to begin with," he told her, "I was attracted to you and you returned those feelings but there is just a part of me that is not good for you."

"I can't believe this," she said, folding her hands to her chest, "Then why on Earth did you bring me here?"

"Because I feel that you need a respectable closure," he said, "I don't want to do all this thing at a restaurant where people would -,"

She cut his words, "Where people would see me CRYING, is that it?" she asked angrily. "I don't need your sympathy, Alven."

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely, "I do love you, but there's just a part of me that cannot be with you." She refused to look at him. He sighed. "If it's any consolation," he paused again, "I won't return back to Lexton after the holiday," he added, knowing after what had happened today, Aveline would never want to set foot in this place ever.

Carinelle, on the other hand, had been begging to Malcolm to let her go back home.

He guessed that their adventure in the human world was good as over.

She turned to him, panicked, her heart pounded, "W – what?"

"We're not coming back for the next semester," he repeated, "I'm sorry Vannie, for all the pain -," She cut him off, flinging herself into his arms. He staggered backward, shocked with this. He tried to release her grip off him but she held on strong. He would be able to break free if he used more force but then, he risked on breaking her fragile human bones instead.

So he let her hugged him, and she started to cry. "I love you," she said passionately, "Let it be that you don't want me but come back here," she knew that she wasn't making sense but she wanted to see him. He was like the oxygen of her existence.

"It's not fair for you, Vannie," he said but then she cut his words off by kissing him straight on the lips.

For a moment there, he kissed back, enjoying the intensity. She clung him closer, all those days of not seeing him and not being able to touch him, she poured everything into that kiss. He forgot what was right and what he should have done. The lines seemed to blur as she deepened the kiss and took control on what she wanted and needed.

She pushed him. He fell to the floor and she went on top of him. He looked at her, stunned with her ferocity and her desire of wanting to dominate him. This was new, for him, for he was always the one who dominates the others.

He was after all, the Alpha Prince...

She straddled him, her hands on his sides. She looked at him, breathing hard and then she bent down and kissed him furiously on the lips.

She devoured him like he was the last piece of her favourite caramel pie.

"I love you," she said through her kisses. "Make me yours Alven," she pleaded, "Even if for this day only..."

He stared at her, his wolf inside him growled, the challenge of dominating her coursed within his wolf. For a split second there, Yvainne saw the darken change in his eyes but then she bent down and kissed him again.

He growled instinctively.

Jayleen88
Jayleen88
544 Followers
12