Crossing Over

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RDLEK
RDLEK
11 Followers

"To your mind, yes. I will be gone."

He squeezed a little tighter as the first sob shook her.

"But I will still be with you my beautiful Madeleine."

"How will I know?" The tears flowed freely. Maddie was scared she would never see him again. Days before they had been work colleagues. They had flirted but nothing more. She had held him in her arms when he had died, watched them lower him into the cold earth. She had said her goodbyes. But now the man she had come to love was with her. They had just spent the most special time together. They had been as one. Maddie knew beyond doubt that she loved Rhys more than anything. She knew he felt the same way. And now she had to say goodbye again. How could she do that? How could she sleep knowing he would be gone when she awoke?

"Maddie, listen to me." Rhys voice was kind, gentle. Its very tone soothing to her. "You have to let me go for now. I promise that I will never leave you. If I can ever find a way back to your arms like we are now. I promise I will find it. I love you Maddie. I love you more than words can show. I've always loved you and I always will. If I can't find a way back again, I will stay with you till the end. I will find you in the next life. I will be yours forever. Now sleep my beautiful lady. Sleep, dream of us. I will never be far away from you. Sleep."

Maddie was gone, she had drifted off in his arms. She held his love close and knew he would always be with her. She knew that knowledge alone would give her the strength to face the new day when it dawned.

RDLEK
RDLEK
11 Followers