Cryin' in the Rain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For most of my life, I had supported Jimmy and put up with his shit. I had cleaned up his messes and made everything right. And none of it meant a damn. The worst part of it was that Jimmy clearly didn't even want Gretchen. He'd just wanted to prove that he could take her away from me. He'd shit on her from the day they met. I had spent the last five years loving her with all of my heart, and none of it meant a damn.

I just wanted to find somewhere to crawl into and hide, but I kept walking. The people I walked near, had no idea what was going on. As I left the house and walked across to the parking lot and my waiting Mustang, huge tears came from my eyes. Suddenly, it started to rain. Even with the sun high in the sky, huge rain drops fell on me.

I decided then and there to put it all behind me. I would start a new life without them. I refused to let them beat me. That day would be the first day of the rest of my life. A life without cheaters or emotional drama.

As I hit the freeway, with my Mustang's beefy growl muted by the windows that were closed against the increasingly intense rain, I thought about Coverdale, and I heard him singing in the back of my mind.

"No one understands the heartache. No one feels the pain."

"No one ever sees the tears. When you're crying in the rain."

"When you're crying in the rain."

"Crying in the rain..."

To be Continued...?