Crystals of Infinity Ch. 01

Story Info
Aria discovers she is a demigod.
2.8k words
4.62
5.7k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bluro
bluro
31 Followers

All characters involved in sexual acts are above the age of 18. Though the events of the story take place far in the future, the story has been narrated in past-tense as the records of this story have been sent through a time machine to the present era (this is the author looking for an explanation just for the heck of it). Multiple allusions to mythological beings are made in the coming content and future chapters, and it may be convenient to have basic knowledge about the Greek, Roman, Japanese, Norse and Hindu gods and goddesses, as well as beings of different species such as elves, werebeasts, dragons, mermen, fairies and other such fantasy creatures.

Please don't hesitate to give me your feedback! I'm returning to story-writing after a long time, and I think my skills may have gotten rusty, so please bear with me. :)

***

Notes for the chapter: The sexual content in this chapter is very limited, and it might prove to be very boring, but this chapter is essentially setting the plot for the rest of the story.

Chapter One. Stars Align...and Fall on Me

Aria crouched behind the crumbling stone pillar, watching and waiting. Ahead of her lay the object of her consternation - the Temple of Olympus, sacred to the Olympian gods back in their day. This was where their children, both mortal and immortal, would come to acknowledge their parents.

Of course...all of this was thousands of years ago. As the Greek civilization and hence the Romans faded away, so did the influence of Olympus. In the current world, there was no space for belief in religion and mythology. Everything had become so technologically advanced - and yet, there was a place like this in a dense forest, untouched by growing sentient influence.

This was the land of Pangea, which was inhabited by a wondrous variety of living beings. The entire continent was divided into zones based on their inhabitants, and all these zones had relations which were peaceful enough, at their weakest.

Aria was an elf, from the kingdom of Alfenheim. As one of the higher born, she had discovered her power to manipulate one of the many elements of the world at an early age - namely, the power of sound. It was from there that her name arose.

She peeked out from behind the pillar, watching the two women at the gates of the Temple. Despite the distance, she could make out that one of them - a slim, silver-haired lady - was a valkyrie, from the small wings that sprouted out behind her ears. The other one appeared to be a fox nymph - determinable from the little fox ears that sprouted from within her masses of brown hair, but made even more obvious from the fox tail that hung out of her orange priestess robes.

They entered the Temple and Aria followed them slowly into the stone tunnel that the gates opened to, trying not to alert them to her presence. She had been on stakeout here for almost three days now - after all, in a world which had no place for religion, what were two beings doing near such an important temple in such a desolate place?

The marble temple was dark inside, and Aria was grateful, for the shadows would keep her concealed. The fox priestess had lit a little lamp whose radiance was barely enough to illuminate the path ahead of them, and Aria stayed far enough that the light would not reach her. She was barefoot, and her footsteps barely made a sound as she stalked the intruders.

"We must hurry," the fox nymph said, sounding very agitated. "They will be waiting for us. The hour of the ritual approaches, and we cannot miss it. Too much has gone into preparing for it."

"Yes, but surely you can't run in those ridiculous robes of yours!" the valkyrie snapped back. "You might just trip over yoursef and fall face-flat on that lamp."

"Well, it's nice to see you have so much confidence in my running capabilities," the fox nymph grumbled, but they did speed up a little, and Aria had to increase her pace to keep up with them.

After what seemed like ages, the dark tunnel suddenly opened up into a massive stone cavern. "Here it is," the fox nymph said, setting down her lamp and blowing it out. "the first checkpoint, anyway. We must cross the River of Theia and cleanse ourselves before we can continue."

"And how do we do that?" the valkyrie asked while Aria crept to the side, taking care to stay in the darkness. A sparkling blue river almost as wide as the entire floor of the cavern gurgled from one end to another and leaving just two metres of standing space on either side, separating them from the next tunnel and spreading light.

"We must undress and offer our clothes to the goddess before walking through the waters," the fox nymph replied, pointing at an altar to her right. It was a wide stone platform, at the back of which stood a masterfully painted statue of the sky Titan Theia, three metres tall and proud. The Titaness was completely nude, except for a sky-blue scarf that fluttered from her neck and a similarly colored g-string that was partially pulled down her slightly spread legs. She looked almost alive, with vibrant blue eyes that seemed to reflect the sky, perfect pink lips, radiant fair skin, a perfectly round and rather large pair of breasts, and labia that were engorged and red, almost crimson with arousal.

Aria blushed as she observed the statue. She wouldn't admit it openly, but she'd always been attracted to females. It was considered improper by her family, so she tried as hard as she could to keep it a secret.

She silently pulled out a notepad and pencil from the satchel on her belt and began to sketch an image of the statue. The sounds of the pencil on the paper were masked by the flowing river. She was an excellent artist, and could recreate almost anything with a sketching tool and a surface. The colors, she decided, she would fill in later when she was done with her investigation.

In the meantime, her targets had stripped down to nothing and placed their clothes (neatly folded, of course - you wouldn't want to make a goddess have to straighten them out) on the altar, at the statue's feet. They stepped into the knee-deep water, seeming to have no inhibitions about entering the next chamber naked, and crossed the river into the next tunnel.

Aria quickly jumped to her feet, returning the notepad to its original position. Most art was done digitally, but she still preferred the old ways. Her hand went to the first button of her emerald tunic - then she hesitated.

That she would have to cross the river naked, there was no doubt. She would not leave her belt and satchel behind, and neither her weapons, but it was clear that Theia guarded the river and would not take kindly to anybody who decided to walk across it clothed.

Blushing profusely, she undid her tunic and took off her belt, unzipping her shorts. She proceeded to undo the clasp of her pink bra and to take off her bikini, which was imprinted with little sketches of cartoon characters. One of her favorites.

With any luck, she reasoned, buckling the belt to her bare waist, I'll be able to retrieve them later. It's a good thing I made another of those panties, huh?

She stepped into the river hesitantly. The water was cool, and felt soothing to her skin after the last few days in the heat and sweat of the tropical jungle. She could feel all her aches being washed away as she knelt in the calmly flowing river, splashing water on her face and sighing happily.

I'm sorry for taking a bath in your river, O mighty Titaness of the Sky, Aria thought. I left you a particularly cute pair of panties, so I hope you don't mind.

She waited for a signal to continue or get out, but nothing happened, which made her very doubtful. Shrugging, she continued to wash herself, loving the sensation of the cool water.

After having thoroughly cleaned herself, she stood up once more and crossed the river, eager to catch up on the trail of her quarry and worried that she may have lost them. Her fears were for naught, because the second tunnel ended almost as soon as it began and opened into a huge marble chamber that momentarily blinded her with all the light being reflected within.

Realizing she was in the open, she rolled behind a nearby pillar and squinted at the floor, waiting for her vision to adjust. When she could see clearly once more, she slowly turned around to get a better glimpse at her surroundings.

What she saw amazed her.

At the center of the chamber stood twelve pillars, each of a different color. A hexagram outlined on the floor glowed brightly with a blue light, and a book floated five feet above the ground at its center. Almost two dozen other females including the valkyrie and the fox nypmh (all unclothed, of course) scurried around, carrying flowers and ornaments and decorations and what not!

"What even..." Aria blinked in surprise. "What's going on here?"

Suddenly, the brightness of the room began to dim. "It's happening!" the fox nymph cried out. All the girls dropped to one knee, bowing their heads, as Aria sat watching dumbstruck. The book in the hexagram flared white and exploded, taking a humanoid form and turning into...

The Sky Titaness Theia herself.

Aria's jaw dropped. Like the others of her kind, she did not believe in religion. Unlike most others, she did take an interest in the ancient Greek and Roman myths. But she did not believe that those gods and goddesses truly existed.

Theia looked exactly as she had in the statue, although her form shimmered with far more life and vibrancy. "I see the preparations for the ceremony have been completed," she spoke with a soft lilting voice and a pretty smile on her face. "They have been done well indeed. Tsubasa, I shall see to it that you receive a reward befitting your work."

The fox nymph bowed even lower in her kneeling position. "I am honored to have been able to serve you, Lady Theia."

Theia spread her arms. "It is time for us to find our new hero - the one who is destined to save our world, as it is every thousand years. Of course, our last millenium's hero - that Icarus boy - turned out to be a disaster, not unlike his namesake. Let us pray for a powerful hero - one who will truly have the power to save us all. Let the light guide us!"

Something began to shine, spreading light, and Aria looked around in confusion until she realized that she herself was shining. The light was quite literally guiding them to her.

"Come out, Princess Aria Seolstein," Theia said kindly, turning towards her. "You are the chosen one."

Aria crept out from behind the pillar shyly, fully aware that she was naked in front of twenty-five other women. "You're not going to kill me, are you?" she squeaked.

Theia laughed, and her voice was so enchanting that the other girls began to smile too. "Of course not, my dear. You are here because you have been chosen by the gods as their hero - the one who will save the world from its imminent destruction."

"I'm just an elf princess that nobody wants around," I protested. "I just sneaked in here because I thought it was fishy! Why would the gods choose me?"

An orange circle of light surrounded my feet and a holographic symbol of the sun flashed in front of me. Another burst of light to the side blinded her for a moment before fading away, leaving in its place another fox nymph.

This was no ordinary fox nymph, however. Aria could tell that by the power she was radiating. And if that wasn't enough, the orange halo on her head dispelled all doubts. The new figure, almost as tall as Theia, wore simple sandals. Her body was wrapped in an orange and red kimono that tied around her slim waist with a white ribbon. The top of the kimono almost seemed to fall off her shoulders, exposing more than just a bit of her ample bust and cleavage.

Her face was what drew Aria's focus, however. Long tresses of hair the shade of red velvet rolled down her back and bangs framed the sides of her face, covering most of her forehead as well. Her orange eyes seemed to shine from under the bangs, however, and to Aria, they appeared to hold the radiance of the sun within them. She had a petite nose that seemed almost adorable, and her unadorned heart-shaped lips almost seemed to draw the elf's attention from everything else. Nine red tails with blue fur at their ends, like scarlet brushes in cyan paint, fan out behind her and glow, silhouetting her form for a brief moment.

"I know you," Aria blurted out. "You're Amaterasu, the divine goddess of the sun."

Amaterasu inclined her head slightly. "That is so. Princess Seolstein, you have been deemed worthy of becoming the Guardian of Olympus. Will you accept the privileges and responsibilities that will be bestowed upon you?"

"I don't even know what privileges and responsibilities I'll have," Aria grumbled, planting her hands on her hips. "And could I please have some clothes first? All I'm wearing is a belt, and it's kind of embarrassing."

Amaterasu waved her hand, and a silky scarlet gown wrapped itself around Aria's naked form, trailing to the ground. Her belt reappeared on top of the gown, and she stared in surprise. Matching arm-length gloves and stockings began to clad her limbs, and crystal slippers magically appeared around her feet. Even her mahogany hair, which she usually let loose around herself, was straightened out behind her, being held together by an intricate orange hairband.

"There," Amaterasu smiled. "Although I have to admit...I did prefer you naked."

"Now, now," Theia chided. "You shouldn't be saying things like that about your own daughter, Tera."

Aria's head should have been spinning after everything that had happened to her in the last thirty minutes - secret temples, sacrificing clothes to statues, naked baths in holy rivers, mythical flashing lights, dozens of nude girls, appearances of two goddesses and clothes of quality far superior to those at her castle just wrapping around her like they were always there. But this last revelation completely blew her mind off balance. "Excuse me, what?"

Amaterasu shrugged with a silly grin. "Well, um...it's a little shameful to admit this after having concealed my existence from you for almost twenty-three years, but...Theia is right. I am your mother, Aria. And if I might say so, you've grown to be a fine woman. I've kept watch on you for a long time. We don't have the time for reunions right now, though - the seconds pass on. Aria, are you willing to become Olympus's first demigod protector?"

Demigod, the word spun around in Aria's head. I'm a demigod.

"I do," she replied, forgetting her earlier hesitations. All of a sudden, she felt like this was what she was meant to do. "I accept the responsibilities and privileges that will be bestowed upon me along with the duty of Olympus's Guardian."

"And every hero needs a weapon befitting them," Amaterasu nodded, holding out her hands, palms facing upwards. As if on cue, a slim sheathed sword materialized in her hands and she motioned for Aria to take it.

Aria was skeptical, but when she took the sheath and drew the blade from it she felt like she'd been carrying it all her life. The handle, covered with brown lacquered leather, was intricately embroidered with red fiery patterns from the hilt to the golden pommel, in which was inset a glimmering orange jewel. The silver crossguard, laced with numerous crystals, seemed to glow with an inner light, and as her hands tightened upon the handle, holographic wings of prismatic colors sprung from its sides. The blade itself had a reddish hue, and shimmering wave lines seemed to flow down its flat.

"It's a nice sword," Aria smiled, sheathing it. "If being the guardian of Olympus gets me super-cool weapons like this...I'm in."

***

Author: I know this was a very short chapter, but it's only supposed to be an intro to the main character and the plot of the story. The exciting material is going to start from the next chapter on, and I promise it'll be worth reading.

Next Chapter: Aria discovers she isn't the only demigod alive...

bluro
bluro
31 Followers