Cultural Diffusion Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
751 Followers

"I'll be there Saturday afternoon." He said toying with the straw in his glass.

"I want to start earlier. If you don't want to wake-" She began.

"Okay, alright." He said frantically. He wanted to stop her from going on a rant. "I'll be outside at 9, on Saturday." He said, rolling his eyes playfully. Kat smiled at him.

"You'd really do that? You're willing to give up sleeping in on a Saturday, just to tour me around?" She asked incredulously. The teasing was light in her voice when she acknowledged his evident crush on her. He shrugged, smiling as his cheeks turned a little pinker than they had been earlier. "Thank you." She said thoughtfully.

"You're welcome."

"So what do you do for a living?" She asked him while stirring up her lemonade, keeping her eyes down into her cup. He didn't answer for a few seconds and she looked up at him to see his face in pure confusion.

"What? I'm sorry, sometimes I think I'm doing well with my English and then someone says a new phrase that doesn't make sense to me." He said, somewhat embarrassed. Kat felt a lot of sympathy for him and hated to see the fun, upbeat man so shy and bashful. Plus that sentence wouldn't have made sense to her either if she were in his shoes.

"Oh, it's perfectly fine. I'm asking what you do as a job." She said

"Ay, I'm a paramedic. But I do handy work too." Kat wasn't surprised. She knew he did something with his hands and body, remembering the coarse hands and muscles she had seen earlier. She decided to glaze his body over once again and took in his strong collar bone with perfect toned breast muscles.

"Do you like kids?" He asked

"Yeah, I love them."

"I have 2 of my own." He stated, watching her expression carefully. Kat wasn't too bothered with it, and her reaction told him just that. She understood sometimes people had kids with people they weren't meant to be with, but it doesn't mean the kids weren't meant to exist.

"Wow, that's great. How old?" She asked.

"Both 3, twins."

"What're they're names?" Kat asked. She didn't want to ask what happened with him and their mother because they were nowhere near a relationship where that question would be appropriate in her opinion. If she were to ask now, it would seem as nothing more than snooping.

"Maribel and Diego."

"Very cute." Kat said with a smile. The food appeared behind Alejandro and the plates were steaming. The woman gracefully placed them in front of their rightful consumer and Kat studied her serving dish. The quesadillas were crisp but the cheese was oozing from the sides. She used her knife and fork to cut a piece off delicately and dip it into the sour cream and salsa on the side of her plate. As she looked up, Alejandro was staring at her in disgust. Kat felt suddenly self-conscious.

"Mira, that's not how we eat quesadillas. You need to pick it up- yes, use your hands. And bring it to your mouth. Like pizza." He said with a lot of false attitude. Kat laughed and slowly picked it up and took a bite. She had to admit; it was better than wasting time slicing. Plus she was able to eat a great deal more at a time.

"What did you want to see on the tour?" Alejandro asked. Kat sat thoughtful for a moment, and then realized she didn't know.

"Anything really. Just the city." She said.

The rest of dinner went smoothly and Alejandro had insisted on walking Kat back to her hotel since it was well past 11:00. Kat was glad she had 2 quesadillas left over to eat, so it wasn't mandatory that she visit the grocery. She turned to face him as they approached the hotel lobby doors and he looked exhausted but his eyes still held a sparkle as they gazed at one another.

"Well, I'll meet you here on Saturday at 9." Kat said, wanting to ease up the tension between them. He shoved his hands in his dark jeans and looked down on her with a languid smile on his features. One of his perfect curls fell in his face but he barely acknowledged it.

"Yep... I think our first date went nicely. Don't you?" He asked, flashing his teeth. Kat spoke robotically and scarcely processed his words.

"Oh yeah, I had a gre- What? This was not a date." She said, half laughing and more serious. He boomed a hefty laugh as she showed an emotion he had never seen on her.

"It was to me. But alright Kat, if you say so." He said shrugging and beginning to walk back down the street. "Buenos noche Hermosa!" He called behind him. Kat couldn't help but stand with her arms crossed and smiling at the stylish figure as he sexily wandered into the darkness. She relished her day and suddenly her own fatigue crept up on her and she eagerly walked back into the hotel to sleep and dream about the outgoing Alejandro with the magnificent curls.

***********

Kat awoke at 7 when her phone's alarm rang. She huffed and slowly rose from the bed. The curtains were open and the rising sun peaked over the houses. As she remembered the reason for her early awakening, her excitement grew within her. Today was her first day of teaching.

She padded to the bathroom and began a steamy shower that quickly had the room foggy. Kat washed and shaved every part of herself thoroughly. She knew she wanted to wear her navy chiffon boat neck dress with the draw string around the waist. It reached her knees and was perfect for a day like this. As she stepped out of the shower, she applied lotion quickly and sprayed a few sprits of perfume. When she came out of the shower, it was nearly 7:30. She made herself coffee and decided to style her hair and pick out her earrings while she waited.

Kat arrived at the Argentinean school and found the main office right beside the entrance. The heat inside was probably even hotter than the temperature outside. The school was very professionally decorated and it hardly seemed like a school at all. The front office was cooled with an air conditioner that was working hard. The woman at the front desk laid eyes on Kat and knew who she was immediately. She let her cool hand elongate out for Kat's and she took it politely.

"Hello Ms. Reynolds. I'm Marlennys Rodriguez. I'll be showing you around really fast before class starts." The woman said as she stood from behind her desk and walked toward her. She was a young beautiful woman with light brown hair that framed her face in a pixie cut. Her Monroe mole beside her lips worked in her favor.

"Thank you. I'm Kat." Kat said, and the woman held the door open for them to step out into the blazing hallways. They strolled leisurely down the foyer and she pointed toward a door close by the entrance Kat had just came through.

"This is your classroom here." Marlennys said as they passed the tall door with a big glass window in the upper half of the door. Kat gave a quick glance inside to see it was painted a bright blue. The desk was nestled into the front left corner and all the desks faced hers. She couldn't wait to meet her students and start teaching.

"This is the faculty bathroom. You have a bathroom in your class for the kids but teachers usually use this one during the day because it's generally cleaner." The two walked down the hall a little further and Marlennys opened a door labeled Teacher's Only. It was at the very end of the hall and a window sat against the wall adjacent to the door. The interior of this room was somewhat lazy. It was styled in the settings of a typical living room. There was a small kitchen on the right beside the door, a TV and couch ahead and a vending machine blinking to the left. Kat saw the bulky copy machine in the back corner too.

"The teacher's room is open all day." Kat knew she wouldn't be visiting this often. Her personality didn't allow her to be comfortable relaxing when she knew she was in a work environment.

***********

"Thank you so much for the tour." Kat told Marlenny's as they arrived back to her classroom. Marlennys smiled.

"No problem. Let me know if you need anything and make sure you come by after the day is over." She said before she gave Kat a reassuring rub on her shoulder and walked off down the hall.

Kat opened the door to her room and propped it open in preparation to go inside. She walked into her sweltering room and pondered the thought to open the windows. If she did, the only thing it would result in is the temperature outside and the temperature outside to mixing into a lethal combination of pure heat. Both climates were beyond 85 degrees, and it was only 8 in the morning. She rested her bag onto her desk and set up her pencils and pens.

"Ms. Reynolds?" A voice called in a Spanish accent at the door. The hard knock on the entry startled her. A man a little taller than her in height with piercing green eyes and short buzz cut hair called at her door. His small earring stud shined lightly as he walked en route for her.

"Yes. Um, call me Kat." She replied before she stepped around her desk to offer her hand. He was dressed in a black polo that hugged his 6 pack and slacks. His lips were full and pink. His features were feminine, but something about him screamed he was a strong, healthy and handsome man.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Luis Montez." He smiled at her as he took her hand and his dimples flexed deeply. "I teach across the hall." He used his head to gesture out the door and back in the direction of where she had just been.

"Oh okay. Is --" Kat started, but the school bell signaled school was starting. She could immediately hear the kids running through the halls and into their classrooms. She felt a pang of nervousness in her core as the possibilities of the day ran through her mind. What if the kids didn't like her?

"I'll be back later." He said as he eyed the kids entering behind him. Kat nodded in approval. He pivoted around and the 5 kids in the room went crazy when they saw him. They screamed his name and jumped while clawing at his legs in excitement. He smiled contently and kneeled down to talk to them.

"What's up? Look—you guys better make sure you're on your best behavior for Ms. Kat. Alright?" Luis said to the kids, and when he said her name he turned and offered her a subtle wink back toward the front of the room. The kids agreed and they were on the verge of tears when he stood up to exit back in the direction of his own room. The first graders took their seats and chatted with one another quietly. As the bell rang to signal the kids who were supposed to be in class should have been, Kat walked to the front of her desk carefully. She almost laughed at how nervous she was while she stood in front of the young kids. Her palms got sweaty and their talking grew into silence.

"Good morning. I'm Ms. Reynolds." Kat said fretfully as the kids stared at her in silence.

"Hi Ms. Reynolds." A small girl sitting right within Kat's reach whispered. The delicate voice and wide eyes startled her. She looked down onto the tan girl with a sharp angled bob cut neatly in her hair.

"What's your name?" Kat asked her with an admiring smile. The girl twirled her fingers on the table before she answered in the same low voice.

"Delora."

"Nice name. Thank you for being so kind. But I just thought of an idea—Let's play a game." As soon as Kat spoke of the word 'game', the kids erupted in mummers and cheers of excitement. Kat smiled at their innocence and ability to be so easily roused up. The game was based on getting to know them as individuals, and she had hopes on warming up to them, and vice versa in the process.

*********

It was lunch time and the kids got to play outside in the school's playground. Kat was very concerned about them playing in the blazing heat but was reassured by Luis that they were used to it, and almost never got too overheated. He sat before Kat at her desk and they enjoyed their lunch in her classroom.

"How is it so far?" He asked her, while picking up a spoonful of something authentically Hispanic from a bowl he had gotten from home. Kat had brought along her leftover quesadillas from the night prior, and seeing the food before her only made her think of Alejandro.

"It's going okay. They haven't welcomed me yet, but that should come with time so I'm not too worked up over it." She murmured honestly. Luis nodded in agreement with her truthful words.

"Exactly. But you seem like a genuinely nice person and I'm sure it won't take too long." He said, looking up at her from across the table at the same time he gave her a small smile. Kat smiled back at him. His tone held a lot of certainty behind it and was reassuring.

"When did you go to Mariana's cocina?" He asked. Kat looked down on her food.

"Oh, last night."

"I love the crawfish and shrimp quesadilla." He said smiling.

"Yeah, it's really good. But the sauce thing it came with was a little too spicy." Kat laughed.

"What? They gave you the regular!" He said and then began to laugh at her purity.

"That couldn't have been the regular." Kat said in a stern voice. She remembered when she snuck a small taste with her fork at the table and it burned her tongue as soon as the contact was made.

A few kids ran through her door and signaled their break was over. Luis recapped his container quickly. He stood at a snail's pace and Kat followed his lead.

"Thanks for spending lunch with me. I know you could've just sat in the nice conditioned Teacher's room." She said in a joking manner. Luis chuckled whole heartedly and began walking toward the door before he replied.

"My pleasure." He said as he reached the door. Kat smiled even as he walked out of view and she silently wondered how these Argentinean men were so smooth with the women. Their presence and voice alone could get a woman ready to drop her panties at their call.

***************

"Marlennys?" Kat called as she entered the office and she wasn't behind her desk. But as soon as she spoke, her short brown head appeared from under the desk and she fully sat up. She smiled warmly at Kat and she returned it.

"Oh, hello. I was getting my bag. What are you doing tomorrow afterschool?" She said in English. Kat predicted the use of her name without the Spanish pronunciation triggered her to talk in Kat's tongue.

"Um, nowhere actually." Kat said shrugging her shoulders. Marlenny's sat in her seat considerately and Kat waited patiently for her to speak.

"How about we do something? Coffee or shopping. Just something fun." Her proposal caught Kat off guard and as she thought through the offer, she agreed with herself that it sounded wonderful.

"I'd love to." Kat said with a smile. She already knew she had 3 people she could turn to with her questions about the city and its people. To know she had natives she could depend on in the point of her life where she expected to be the most vulnerable and naïve was gratifying.

"Great. Just come by my office tomorrow and we can head out." She said while brushing a piece of her hair out of her eyes.

"Nice. But Marlennys, I need a computer to use. Do you know where I could get to one?" Kat said. She needed to shoot an email to people back home who were expecting some word from her within her first few days of arriving.

"Of course. There's a coffee spot with some computers you can pay a few pesos to use up the next street. Go out the way you came in and follow the street—it'll be on the left hand side." She said, using her hands to motion in the store's location.

"Thanks so much. See you tomorrow." She called as she walked back down the heated halls and out toward the setting sun outside. Once she was outside, she followed the street aimlessly and focused her attention on the left side. A light breeze had originated in the air and blew Kat's hair around her face, she brushed it away from her eyes and refocused her vision. As she did, her eyes landed directly on the Cyber Café. She was the type of person who was terrible with directions and finding locations. So that finding was a definite accomplishment.

The café part of the store was the first thing she saw as she walked inside, and hushed Spanish music hummed over her head. Kat smiled pleasantly at the woman working the counter. There were computers lined up around the back of the room and she took the available one in the corner of the room that still faced the entrance of the store.

Kat smoothed her dress under her bottom as she sat and reached into her cross over bag for her money. The small box beside the computer told her she would need 25 pesos for 5 minutes; that was all she needed. She brought up her email after the computer loaded and processed her money. She had an email from Patricia. Patricia was the one and only person she had intentions of emailing that evening.

Katty Pooh?
Did you get there yet? It took me an hour to figure out how to use this computer thing. Now it's taking 10 minutes to write this email! Write me back hun.
Miss ya, Pat.

Patricia was the closest thing Kat had to family. She was a foster child who went in and out of homes regularly as a kid. But Patricia was a short blonde woman who was the last foster mother she ever had before she graduated high school as a distinguished honors student. Kat's biological mother was a mystery to her and everyone else in this world. She just knew her youth was such a struggle. Luckily she was blessed with families who never hurt her or took advantage of her tainted upbringing but it still hurt to never be stable.

Hey Pat.
I got here yesterday and I can honestly say I love it. The people are so welcoming and the men are gorgeous haha. I'll send you some jewelry soon and I know you'll like it. Today was my first day of work as well and it went better than I thought it would. My nerves were taking over before class began, but with time I got past them. I'm sure I'll be 20 pounds heavier when I get back too, this food is irresistible. But it's 5 o'clock here and I'm heading back to the hotel after this email gets sent. I miss you and I'll check my email every Monday and Wednesday so email back before then!
Love, Kat.

Kat logged out of her email with 1 minute and 30 seconds to spare on the timer. She stood up and pushed her chair in behind her as she walked back toward the entrance. She considered getting a cup of coffee to enjoy on the way back to the hotel. As the line came into view, she laid eyes on the faintly familiar structure standing in line. His tall and lean body was slightly angled backward due to his arm crossing posture. His long curls reached a little further down his back than she remembered yesterday because his jaw tilted upward to observe the menu ahead of him. Kat regretted her choice to stop walking and gawk at him awkwardly until she realized it was never a choice she herself had made. It was a natural reaction to seeing him. Her still body drew his peripheral vision in her direction and when he made contact with her eyes a tricky smile formed on his lips.

"Ah, Kat. You couldn't get enough huh? Saturday will come faster than you think. I promise" He said as she approached him. She rolled her eyes playfully and waved off his conceited comments.

"Whatever. I was clearly in here first so if anyone couldn't get enough, it was you." Kat said back at him. She subtlety moved a piece of her hair behind her shoulder. Alejandro's tone of voice startled her as he spoke.

"I guess you're right." He said sexily and he looked down on her. Kat shuffled her feet in discomfort modestly and he moved up in line. Kat was ready to exit the café and her eyes locked with the door.

"Wait for me? I'll walk you back to your hotel." He said right before he turned toward the counter to order his drink. Kat slowly walked toward the door to wait for him and she watched as he ordered from afar. He wore a pale blue paramedics uniform and she guessed he had just gotten off of work. He sauntered over with 2 drinks in his hand and a smile on his face. He handed her the plastic cup filled with lemonade and held the door open so she could exit.

CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
751 Followers