Curiosity Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked Bethany in the eyes and hesitantly said, "That I can't be with you." And then she looked down as more tears came but she wasn't making a sound, they silently hit the floor and made little pools where they landed.

Bethany reached out and tilted Jamie's head back up so she could look at her. She wanted to say that she understood and that she couldn't be with Jamie either but the words caught in her throat. This girl was beautiful and she was in pain because of Bethany. She couldn't take it, her eyes welled up with tears of her own and she opened her mouth to try again but she still couldn't say it. She couldn't tell her that she felt the same way, that would only cause more frustration with the situation. So instead, she put her own feelings aside and said as the first tear ran down her cheek, "I don't want to be with you."

She could almost hear Jamie's heart break and she was amazed at how much of an effect her words had. Of course this would also bring her friend a tremendous amount of pain but in the long run it would be for the best. She would think that there was no way they would be together even if she wasn't in love with Ty because Bethany didn't want her. She could go on being happy with Ty, and god Bethany knew she was happy with him that's the reason she had to do this, and she could continue her life with no regrets.

Jamie didn't look at Bethany's eyes as she asked, "Can I kiss you one more time?"

Another painful tear fell down Bethany's face and she quickly wiped it away. If the last sentence she had said hadn't been the hardest thing she'd ever had to say then what was coming next definitely had to be. She looked at Jamie and tried to hold her gaze but her friend wouldn't match it. She sighed almost imperceptibly and then managed to whisper, "No."

They sat next to each other for a long time, both knowing that there was nothing left there. They couldn't be lovers, they couldn't be friends, they weren't meant to be. Bethany stayed where she was as Jamie stood up and slowly walked out of her room and out of her life.

12