Damn Dress: A Love Story Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soular
soular
3,051 Followers

"Um, does Brandon Temple live here?" the large man asked in a thick Boston accent, stepping away from the door to read the numbers on the side of the house again.

Sienna was still speechless. She felt Michael's body leaning up against her, as he stared up at the stranger. That finally snapped Sienna out of her trance.

"Uh, um, yes, he lives here," she answered, not sure of what else to say or how much information to give him.

"Oh, okay. Is he here now?"

"No, he's gone, but will be back soon." Sienna wasn't sure what to do. The stranger just stood by the door.

He looked down at her very unsure. He finally decided to extend his hand. "Well, my name is Harold McNeil. I'm a...a relative of his."

"Yes, I know who you are," Sienna whispered and shook his hand.

Harold took a step back and stared into her face for understanding. "Oh, okay," he finally said. After a few awkward moments, he spoke again. "Well I kinda came a long way to see him. Mind if I wait on him?"

Shit! This is exactly what Sienna didn't want. She didn't want to be rude to him, but she knew that Brandon would not want him in his house. But maybe she could get him in, have him wait just a bit, and then pretend to receive a fake phone call that Brandon wasn't coming home. Yes, that way she could be nice, but still get him to leave.

"Um, sure, come inside," she said.

"Thanks. Man, you guys get some hot weather. It's December and it's still warm out. Where I'm from it's freezing right now," Harold told her, while stepping inside the house.

Once inside, Sienna watched as he glanced around the living room. He then settled his eyes back on her, as if noticing for the first time. Slowly his eyes lowered to her stomach.

"So, are you and Brandon...," he started.

"Yes, he's my boyfriend and we're about to have a baby," Sienna stated.

He glanced at Michael. "How old is your son."

"Oh, no. I'm just baby-sitting. He's my friend's son. His name is Michael and he's six. Michael, come say hey to Mr. McNeil," Sienna said, trying her best to keep her voice light, although her mind was laced with concern. She needed to fake that phone call soon.

Michael paused his game, and walked over to Harold. Michael stared up at him for a few seconds, before turning to Sienna and loudly whispering, "He looks like BT, Sienna."

Both Sienna and Harold froze. Sienna nervously laughed, and pushed Michael back toward the living room so he could finish his game.

"Would you like something to drink?" she offered.

"Sure, um, do you have a soda or something?" Harold asked.

"I have a coke, is that okay?"

"Yes, thank you. Anything but the old liquid courage. I quit that stuff a few years ago, and got saved, you know?"

Well, at least that was good. She figured drinking had been Harold's biggest problem in trying to raise Brandon. If you could call it raising. But she still really needed to get him out. She had to fake that cell phone call now!

"So," he called out to her while she was in the kitchen. "Brandon's in the military?"

Sienna really wished he would stop asking questions. "Yes, he's a Navy SEAL."

Harold laughed out loud. "Well, I'll be. Never took him for one who could learn discipline, that's for sure. A SEAL, huh? Wow."

Sienna walked over to hand him his glass. "Thank you," he said, while staring at her. "Um, judging on the way you've been acting and looking at me, I assume you know that I'm Brandon's father, right?"

"Yes, I know."

"Do I really look like him? I don't really remember much about him. He left when he was a teen, but I never paid that much attention anyway," he whispered, staring into his drink.

Sienna watched Harold closely. There were definitely resemblances. The hair and eye color, the same nose, about the same height and build. Yes, you could definitely tell they were related.

"Yes, you do," Sienna whispered.

Harold chuckled. "Ah, Kelly...," he muttered, as he sat deep in thought. "I'm sure he didn't tell you the most pleasant things about myself, right?"

"Mr. McNeil---," Sienna started.

"Harold."

"Harold, I don't really think it's right for me to discuss any of this with you. And I think you should know that Brandon doesn't know--," Sienna stopped suddenly, frozen.

The very thing she dreaded... was happening. She heard Brandon's Jeep pulling into the driveway. Shit!!!!! Damn it!!!!!!

She immediately rushed to the door, and as soon as she snatched it open, she saw him bounding up the steps. He looked extremely tired, but he smiled when he saw her. He dropped his duffel bag, and leaned in to kiss her.

"Damn, I missed this," Brandon said as he tried to roll his tongue into her mouth, but she turned her head away and nervously looked back into the house. 'What the fuck?' Brandon thought, trying to look at her face.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Brandon asked, starting to get a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach. A strange, unsettling feeling. This was not the homecoming he was expecting.

Sienna turned back to him. "Baby, please, I didn't mean anything by it. It was all a surprise, please believe that," she begged, as her nervous eyes darted back and forth.

Brandon didn't know what the fuck was going on, but she was freaking him out. He tried to follow her eye path, but the door was obstructing his view. He immediately tensed.

With one hand on Sienna's waist, Brandon slowly pushed the front door completely open with the other hand.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!

Brandon slammed the door closed. He backed up and looked at the numbers on the side of his house. He knew this wasn't his fucking house. He knew that motherfucker wasn't standing in his Goddamn house.

Brandon exhaled, and put his hands behind his head. He slowly walked down the steps. He closed his eyes and tried every method he could think of to calm his temper. He tried to count backwards, the thought of butterflies and clowns, fucking Lamaze breathing, anything to keep himself from shaking and his mind from hitting homicidal ideas. Then he thought of Brienna. Brienna...

Brandon slowly turned around and stared up the front steps at Sienna. He walked back up and stopped in front of her.

Sienna was so nervous. Her eyes began to water, and she bit hard into her bottom lip, until it started bleeding. She looked up at him. He was staring at her and breathing hard. He leaned down and kissed her bruised lips, licking the metallic tasting blood off. Then he turned from her and walked into the house.

************************

When Brandon entered, he kept his eyes on his uncle. He couldn't believe that motherfucker had the audacity to show up at his place. He hadn't seen his uncle or aunt since he was seventeen years old, and that was just fine with him. Brandon's entire body was tightly coiled. He finally unlocked his jaw, and turned his attention to Michael, who was sitting on the floor, staring back and forth between the two men.

Michael was a precocious child, and he knew that something was going on underneath the surface. Brandon looked upset, Mr. McNeil looked sad, and Sienna looked like she was about to cry. Yes, something was definitely wrong.

"Hey Mikey, what are you playing?" Brandon asked breaking his evil stare from his uncle and kneeling down beside Michael, while trying to keep the malice out of his voice.

"Um, I was playing NBA 2K9. Wanna play?" Michael asked, offering Brandon a controller.

Brandon smiled at him. "Nah, I'll take a rain check. But can you do me a favor?"

Michael nodded.

"Can you go for a ride with Sienna really quickly?"

Michael nodded again, and stood up. He walked over to Sienna, who he noticed had a confused look on her face.

Brandon walked over to them. He leaned down and whispered in Sienna's ear. "I don't want him to hear what I'm about to say, so can you take him for a ride? I'll call you when the coast is clear, okay?"

Sienna looked over at Harold, and then back to Brandon. "Brandon, do you want me to call Darren or my dad? Are you sure you'll be okay here?"

Brandon nodded his head, and then turned his attention to Michael. "Keep your hands off my girl," Brandon teased, and shook Michael's head with his hand. Michael laughed and nodded his head again.

Michael practically pulled Sienna out of the door. She couldn't take her attention away from Brandon. But finally, she sighed, and got in her car and drove away.

Brandon exhaled as he watched them pull out of the driveway, and then he turned his attention to the other man in the room.

"What the fuck do you want?" Brandon spat out.

Harold opened his mouth, then closed it back. Then he finally spoke. "Well, I wanted to see how you were?"

"Why do you care? Alive, dead, jail or fucking president, why would it make a difference to you?" Brandon said, trying extremely hard to not lose his cool.

Harold sighed. "I see that you still harbor a lot of past feelings. I guess I should tell you I was saved a few years ago and—," Harold started.

Brandon chuckled. "You see that I still harbor a lot of past feelings," he repeated, shaking his head.

"Brandon, I was not a pleasant person back then, and I'm sorry about that. I came here today to make up for it."

Brandon laughed. "Make up for it?! You are out of your fucking mind. At this point, I have nothing else to say to you, so get the fuck out of my house."

"Brandon, I don't really remember all of the things I did back then, but I've been saved since then, and I—," Harold tried to say, before Brandon cut him off.

"Your being saved doesn't really do a damn thing for me. Because even if you were too fucked up to remember, I remember. Oh, every little detail is engrained into my brain. Let's stroll down memory lane since you can't remember. Do you remember beating the shit out of me every other night? Maybe you remember me spitting up blood in the fucking bathroom because you broke my rib. Or locking me in a closet all day with no food or water? You did that quite a few times. Want me to go on?"

Harold hung his head. He honestly didn't remember some of those things, but unfortunately, a lot of it he did.

"My own fucking hell hole for eleven years!! You probably don't remember half of the shit you did, huh? You pulled a fucking gun on me when I was ten! A scared ten year old, crying and about to piss myself because I thought you were going to kill me. So fuck you, and your sorry assed, half-hearted attempt at redemption. You ain't getting anything from me."

"Brandon, I'm your family."

"No, hold the fuck up. Just because you're married to a woman who's my mom's sister, doesn't mean we are related. You aren't my family and you never were."

Harold stood there amazed. Brandon really didn't know.

"Oh, I thought you knew?"

"Knew what?"

"They didn't tell you? I mean, I figured your girlfriend would have told you."

"You don't know shit about her, so leave her out of all of this."

"Brandon, uh, shit...," Harold started. He placed his hands in his pockets and stared at the ground. "Your mom and I had a short relationship before you were born." Harold looked back up at Brandon. "I'm, well, I'm actually your father."

Brandon stood there for a moment staring at Harold before he said, "Get the fuck out!"

"Okay, but before I go, I just wanted to show you this." Harold nervously flipped through his billfold and pulled out a picture. He tried to give it to Brandon, but when he didn't accept, Harold held it up for him to see.

"Um, this is my family. Your aunt and I divorced years ago, and I have new family now. This is my son and daughter. They are four and two. I'd really like for them to meet their older brother one day, if you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

Brandon kept running over and over in his head what his uncle had just said. 'Father'...no fucking way. Brandon just stood there staring at him, taking in his physical appearance. The height, the eye color, the face...shit, he was going to be sick. There was no way. No fucking way. He started shaking. Everything in him wanted to propel his body forward and beat the shit out of his uncle.

Harold glanced up from the picture of his family, to Brandon. He seemed like at any moment he would charge at him. Like a bull, and Harold was the red cape.

"Brandon, I didn't come here to upset you. I'll leave now. But I thought someone would have told you about me. That's kinda how I found you."

Brandon continued to stare at him. "What?"

"Well, some guy called your aunt and said he was a friend of yours from California, and he was asking questions about where you grew up. Your aunt told him everything, and then she called to tell me that someone had been snooping around. Well, I figured that meant you were in California, so I just looked you up." Harold hesitated before he said the last bit. "Your girlfriend knew who I was, so I assumed she had told you. I'm sorry."

"You have three seconds and this is the last warning," Brandon whispered, balling his fists tightly.

Harold sighed and stared over at his son. He slowly went to grab his coat. As soon as he walked out of the door, he turned back around. "Congratulations on the baby and--"

Brandon didn't wait for him to finish that sentence before he slammed the door. He leaned up against the door and finally unclenched his fists. That took more will power than he thought he would ever have. But then again, he didn't pull the trigger on Terry, so maybe he was mentally stronger than he thought.

His father? Brandon didn't know what he felt at the moment. It was a strange mix of hate, disbelief and confusion that had his head cloudy and his stomach in knots. A part of him wanted to rip the door open and beat the shit out of Harold, but another part of him knew that wouldn't solve anything. He'd still feel exactly the same, only more pain due to bloody knuckles. No, he knew he had to let it go...no matter how hard.

Sienna had driven around for about an hour and still no word from Brandon. She was sure that dinner had been ruined. She had completely forgotten to turn some of the pots off. She tried calling Brandon's cell, but he wasn't answering. She started getting nervous. She figured she would have a lot of explaining to do when she got back. Shit.

Michael was asleep in the back seat when Sienna pulled up to Tasha's house. Luckily, she arrived a few minutes after Darren and Tasha had returned from their date. Sienna quickly explained to them what had happened, and why she was dropping Michael off a little early.

Darren held a sleeping Michael in his arms when he asked her, "Do you want me to go over there with you? You think he's okay?"

Sienna really didn't know, but she didn't want to make it worse. "No, it's fine. Thank you," she said, as she got back in her car and headed home.

It was dark by the time Sienna pulled into the driveway. When Sienna entered the house, at first she couldn't see, but then she turned on the lights and noticed Brandon sitting on the couch with his head tilted back.

Sienna moved toward him, but stopped when he began to speak.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Brandon asked, staring at the ceiling.

Sienna didn't mean for it to, but her explanation came out in a rush of words. "Oh, Brandon, I'm so sorry. Daddy thought that he could help you by--by learning about your aunt and uncle, but we learned more than either of us imagined. When he--he told me about your father, we didn't know what to do. We didn't know if we should tell your or not. I think he had planned on telling you, but Harold showed up before he could," Sienna spewed out, not taking a breath, while Brandon got up and started walking towards her.

She continued. "He thought if you knew WHY your aunt treated you that way, then it would help you. And well, we guessed Harold did it because he was just following what his wife was doing. We really didn't think--" was all she got out before Brandon covered her mouth with his hand.

"It's okay. I'm not mad. I know if you or the Commander did this, you both thought you were doing it for my own good. I know you meant no harm, okay."

Sienna's wide frightened eyes calmed down. She stared up at him, and nodded her head with his hand still covering her mouth.

"I love you, you know that?" Brandon asked her.

She nodded her head again, as a single tear rolled down the side of her face into her hairline as she stared up at him. He removed his hand and kissed the trail where the tear fell.

"I love you, too," Sienna whispered, as he bent down and kissed her lips.

For Sienna and Brandon...all was forgotten, including dinner, as he led her to their bedroom. All that mattered at this moment was that he was back home with his girl. No past demons would ruin his homecoming with his 'family'.

*********************

"Hey guys!" Tasha yelled, waving her hands. Sienna waved back and grabbed Brandon's hand as they walked into the elementary school together.

"Where's Darren?" Brandon asked.

"Oh, he's backstage giving Michael a pep talk. He was really nervous in the car," Tasha said.

Sienna couldn't wait to see Michael in his little costume. She and Tasha had worked on it together. Michael was playing Claude in the school production of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. He was so surprised and excited when he got the part. Tasha had invited Brandon and Sienna to see the play. This was all new territory for them. And for Darren.

When they walked into the school, Brandon started laughing.

"What?" Sienna asked.

"Oh my God, look at how small all this shit is," he said, pointing at the tables, chairs and water fountains.

"Brandon! You can't curse in here," Sienna chided, as she looked around to see if anyone had heard him.

"Oh, fuck, sorry," he said, practically squatting to sip from the fountain. Sienna just rolled her eyes.

When they entered the auditorium, Tasha ushered them to their seats midway down. When they sat, Brandon noticed Darren quickly rushing from backstage and down the steps with a huge smile on his face.

"Little man is all set. And um, he specifically asked if you were here, Sienna," Darren laughed.

"I told him to watch it," Brandon muttered, placing his arm around Sienna. Brandon stared over at his friend. This was the happiest he'd seen Darren in a long time. He knew it was all thanks to Tasha and Michael.

When the lights went down and the curtain went up, Sienna squeezed Brandon's hand. She leaned over and whispered, "In five years, we'll be doing this. I'll be that neurotic mom praying everything goes okay, and you'll be the dad with the camcorder attached to your head."

Brandon smiled back at her, "I hope so."

The play was funny and sweet. But even more so than the actual play, the kids were hilarious. One kid couldn't remember his lines, and another kid kept yawning every other minute. Brandon kept snickering at this little girl who apparently was taught by someone if you want to be heard, be loud. She was screaming all of her lines. You could see the teacher on the side of the curtain trying to whisper certain things to the students, not realizing the audience could hear her. But Michael was brilliant. He had the most beautiful smile of any of the kids on the stage. And after every other line he delivered, Brandon and Darren stood up and clapped and whistled for him.

Tasha shook her head and leaned back while the guys stood. She taped Sienna on her shoulder. "Get used to it, because I have a feeling this is how it's going to be when Brienna is in school," Tasha laughed.

Sienna shook her head and placed her hand over her face. When the play was over, all of them rushed over to Michael and told him how wonderful he was. And Brandon laughed even harder when Darren told him that girl that had hugged Michael when he pushed her off was the little white, freckled faced girl who had been screaming all of her lines. Sienna had to laugh too. The little girl was so cute. She looked like a little cabbage patch kid. She had come over to their group and said 'hi' to Michael.

soular
soular
3,051 Followers