Dana's Side Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In Rebecca, Jack had found the woman I had predicted for him all of those years ago. She is great. And I actually think Jack was being kind when he first described her to me, because she is a knockout, and I think high school might have been very different for me had she been around to challenge me for social primacy. She was a lot like me, but with a doctorate in physics. I think she has the confidence, despite the history that Jack and I have, to truly believe that I am no threat to her, and she is right, and therefore we have been able to become friendly. I go out to visit them occasionally, and they see me when they came to Washington to see Sarah and Steve and their kids.

I continue to look for my perfect man, and worry that I found him tutoring me in physics in high school, because it may well be that one person might be perfect for another, but not vice versa. I wonder if I had made different choices, say, given up my career to follow Jack on his, or tried to get him to find a job in Washington, that we might have married and been happy. But maybe not. And the fact that he found Rebecca tells me that there was something in our relationship that wasn't exactly right for him. Meanwhile, I keep meeting people, and working and dating, because you never know when lighting will strike.