Dangerous Affairs Ch. 04

Story Info
Michael was furious.
2k words
4.56
11.9k
2

Part 4 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers

Michael was gripping his cell phone so tight he could have snapped the damn thing in two. He was furious. He'd been waiting for two hours for them to go. First, that blond bitch had gotten there before him and now, these guys. "Who the hell were they?" One thing he knew for sure, he didn't like it one bit. He didn't want anyone sniffing around what was his. Michael was getting restless, since he had done away with William; Leigh had distanced herself from him even more. However, He'd made sure she knew he'd be around, keeping an eye on her.

He knew everything about her, including her complaints of harassment and her attempts to expose the truth about him. He was well covered and didn't need to worry about it. But since she started working in the Office, she began to get closer. Instead of getting him pissed at her, it actually excited him even more, especially when she acted defiantly. It made him want her more.

Five years ago...

"...We therefore commit his body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in the sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life."As she heard the priest's final words, Leigh stopped crying. Right there she swore to herself she would do everything in her power to hold Michael accountable for her father's death. She knew he was involved before she read the letter William had written to her explaining how he found out the truth about Michael and told her how he feared for her life and his own. He told her how he gathered some evidence but it wasn't enough to prove much, apparently he wouldn't get much help either. She was alone now. She knew none of her father's friends on the force would help her. They wouldn't want to be involved. Michael was there by her side, playing his role, and people believed he cared.

When she found herself standing by the coffin she felt him approach. "I am here for you, Leigh" She hated his voice, it has always made her sick. "Don't talk to me, don't come near me ever again." She said as she was leaving not daring to look behind and missing the smirk on his face.

********

"You will come to me, Leigh." he was becoming hard just thinking about it. The door of her house opening pulled him back from his thoughts. But what he saw then infuriated him. The men were leaving, and one of them held back, turned back to the door where Leigh was standing and cupped her face, brushing her cheek with his thumb. Such an intimate gesture that only himself was allowed to do. Nobody was to touch her. Jerry, the guy he sent to warn her had found out the hard way. Now looking at the scene unfold at her fort door he contemplated. I should make that motherfucker join Jerry in hell"

But it was too risky, he knew. Nobody would miss Jerry around, but if those guys were cops as Michael suspected, it would make things more difficult for him. Leigh would start with accusations again and if attention was drawn to him once more, he knew Salvatore would not appreciate that. He needed to find out who they were and why there were at her house. "I'll come back, Leigh."

************

Salvatore Visconti had been in this business far too long. He became boss of the crime family more than twenty years ago, succeeding his cousin who had been deported back to Italy. Gino never took it lightly when any of his people were sloppy on the job; Gino was aware that Michael had become careless for some time now. He knew the reason for Michael's distraction and if he slacked once again, there would be no mercy.

He needed Michael's knowledge and connections on the force but he could always get someone new. Michael was dispensable and Salvatore would make sure he knew it.

***********

When they left her home after telling them what she knew about Michael and the letter from William confirming all her suspicions, she felt partially relieved and hopeful for the first time in years. But she never mentioned Michael harassing her. She didn't think that it was relevant to the case.

But Leigh could not get Damien's face out of her mind. He seemed genuinely concerned for her and had promised to check on her later on. It was late in the afternoon, she had talked Lucy into going home since she was feeling much better. She had just finished her bath when she heard a knock on the front door.

"Coming!" Leigh hurried out of the bath quickly; drying her body and putting on a robe. She rushed to the door without a second thought of safety and she opened it.

"That's what I call a treat. Hello dear, Leigh. I heard you weren't well" She cursed herself for her carelessness, in front of her stood the one person she despised the most.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" Michael said already half way into the hall. Leigh took a deep breath.

"I don't want you here. Get out." Leigh shouted with a shaky voice. Michael was in the living room, looking around. Then he turned to her. "No. I have waited long enough for this conversation, dear." he smirked. She felt the bile in her throat.

"You look...refreshed." Michael said casting a lustful look. Leigh suddenly felt self conscious and gripped the front of the robe tightly.

"What do you want, Michael?" She asked trying not to sound intimidated, but failing terribly. He sensed her apprehension and grinned.

"I will be brief, as much as I would love to stay longer in your company, I have been a patient man, dear Leigh. But my patience is running out. Tomorrow you will have dinner with me, at my place. There is something I want to show you."

"What makes you think I want to see it? I am not interested in anything that comes from you." Leigh said hoping he would take the hint.

"You will come. By the way, you should tell your friend Lucy not to leave work very late, it can be dangerous at night in that neighborhood, and something could happen to her pretty face." Not giving Leigh a chance to question him, he headed to the door.

"Here's the address, seven o'clock sharp." He said as he was putting the piece of paper into the pocket of her robe. She took one step back defensively. Leigh stood in the hall shaking for minutes only the phone ringing brought her back from her nightmare.

"Hello?" Still shaking Leigh answered the phone. "Hello, Leigh. It's Detective Crook...err...Damien. I am calling to see how you are doing." Damien said feeling the excitement building inside him. "This is high school all over again" He thought.

"Oh...I...I am okay." She suddenly felt overwhelmed. She was trying to control herself and not to scream.

"No, you're not. What's wrong, Leigh? Damien didn't know what was wrong but couldn't stand the pain in her voice. "Wait, I will be there in twenty minutes." he said, not waiting for her to answer.

"Damien..." Leigh murmured, closing her eyes and letting the tears fall.

When Damien got to her house, she had managed to put on some clothes and wash her face so she wouldn't look as bad as she felt.

As soon as Leigh had seen him getting out of his car, she didn't wait for him to knock. Damien looked at her and she lost all her self control. Tears were falling down her cheeks and she started to shake. He didn't hesitate; he stepped into the house and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her tightly and whispered soothingly in her ear. "You're safe. I won't let anything happen to you." He was in agony seeing her so distressed like this.

"I am sorry." Leigh managed to mumble once she calmed down a little. Damien took a step back and looked right into those lovely but sad eyes; He took a moment, trying to get coherent thoughts but as soon as his thumb involuntarily brushed her lower lip he lost all sense of self control. Leigh closed her eyes and let herself become lost in the wonderful sensations Damien evoked in her. Then she felt his lips on hers. The intensity of the shock that shot though her body was indescribable. As soon as he heard her quiet moan and her body tremble against his, Damien picked her up in one fluid motion. He took her to the living room and placed her gently on the sofa. But the kiss hadn't stop. It had become more urgent. His mouth hungrily sought hers, and she responded with equal desperation. His left hand was around her waist squeezing and pulling her even closer to him. His other hand was travelling up and down her spine causing her to body to shiver in response to his touch. Leigh locked her hands around his neck, wanting to keep him there forever.

"Leigh..." Damien whispered, pulling away reluctantly, resting his forehead on hers. They were both panting. "You've been driving me crazy." He said softly. Leigh responded with a shy smile. "I could say the same about you."

They sat there quietly, hugging and enjoying each other's warmth. Leigh had her hand on Damien's chest and his arm was around her shoulder. His hand was running up and down the length of her arm. They were both contemplating the significance of what'd just happened. But Damien hadn't forgotten what made him come to her so desperately.

"Leigh..." He started. "Tell me what happened." He felt her tense instantly.

"Michael was here earlier. He wants me to go see him tomorrow night."

"What?!" Damien sat up right away. "I can't believe it! He is delusional if he thinks you are going to see him alone and..." The look on her face made him stop talking. "You've got be kidding me, Leigh. You're not considering going, are you?

She rubbed her hand on her forehead and took a moment to ponder over what to say. Leigh knew things were getting worse with Michael. The sickening lust in his eyes proved that he had no intention to leave her or anyone she cared about alone. This was something he made clear this afternoon. At least she could do was try to buy sometime until evidence against him was gathered.

"Damien, I don't have to justify myself to you."

"You are not going." Damien said categorically.

"You can't tell me what to do." She was getting impatient.

"You're right. I can't." Damien said nodding his head. "However, I would advise you not to do it, since he's under investigation and you have made allegations against him. It would look a little contradictory and could jeopardise the integrity of the whole process." He silently prayed for her to believe him.

A long moment of silence filtered the air. Leigh narrowed her eyes. "Thanks for the advice."

"So, you're not going." Damien concluded with a smile.

"Oh, I am." She grinned.

His smiled vanished. "Damn it! You are stubborn!" He said angrily. "Why are you doing this?" He asked feeling defeated.

"I have my reasons." She said curtly.

"Fine. Well, since it seems you are feeling better, I think I should go." Damien knew he was being an asshole but he couldn't help it. She was shutting him out, and that was a stab on his pride.

Leigh was taken aback by his statement. "Well, thanks for coming" She wasn't going to let him see her disappointment; she'd made a decision and had to stick with it, no matter what she felt for him.

Damien nodded and headed to the door as she followed him. He turned around. "Lock it, and call me if you need anything" His face had softened. He couldn't stay angry with her.

"Okay." It was all she could say. As she closed the door Leigh felt her heart sank in sorrow. "Oh, God!I think I am falling for you, Damien Crook." She thought.

cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers