Dangerous Affairs Ch. 06

Story Info
Brian had finally managed to get Lucy calm.
3k words
4.53
10k
2
0

Part 6 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers

Brian had finally managed to get Lucy calm enough to tell him what was going on. He had gone to the gallery only to be told she wasn't there. He then, tried calling her at home but no one picked up. He decided to go to her place. He was feeling uneasy; something was wrong.

He rang the doorbell, but there was no answer. He then tried knocking. "Lucy, it's Brian." He shouted.

"Brian..." Lucy opened the door slowly.

"Jesus!" Brian pushed the door wide open, stepping in. He put his arms around her waist he pulled her to him. She looked terrible; he noticed she'd been crying. Her face was pale and her hands were shaking. Hell, her whole body was shivering.

"Are you hurt? What happened?" He sounded frantic.

"Not helping, Brian." Lucy managed to chuckle.

"Sorry." Brian said ruefully. He couldn't help but feel protective of her. He hadn't stopped thinking about her since seeing her at Leigh's trying to look brave and in control but failing miserably. He'd been playing around for awhile but he quickly realized she wasn't into casual relationships. She made sure he understood when she rebuffed his advances in a very blunt manner, he'd fallen for her right then and there.

Little did he know that his feeling was reciprocated, but Lucy remembered him from the gallery. She'd remembered how he'd checked out every woman that night, even though he was on a date. She wasn't going down that road again. "Damn it! he feels good"

"Why are you here, Brian? Is Leigh alright?"

"She's fine. Damien is with her, so I came to make sure you are okay." She looked at him expecting more explanation, but he seemed reluctant.

"Are you going to tell me exactly what is going on?" she asked becoming disturbed.

"Are you going to tell me what caused you to shake this badly?" He asked in response.

"I've been getting weird phone calls all day. I thought it was just someone with a twisted sense of humor but it got worse. The last one really frightened me, it was personal. He said my name..."

Brian's expression never faltered. He simply nodded. "Pack a bag. You are coming with me."

"Wait a minute! I am not going anywhere 'til you tell me what's going on."

As requested, he did just that. And as he'd predicted, it didn't go down well.

***********

Leigh woke up feeling her body aching with desire. Leigh opened her eyes and smiled at the view of Damien talking on his cell only in his pants. She stared dreamily but apprehension hit her when Damien turned his face. He looked serious, worried.

"I know...We will figure it out together....Okay....See you in a half hour." Damien sat down on the bed next to Leigh. He looked at her and smiled but it didn't reach his eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly as she sat up; her hand gripping the sheet tightly.

"Brian will be here soon with Lucy. We need to get sorted." He said dodging her question. They stared each other for a moment. Leigh understood.

"Alright"

But before she managed to get out of bed, he grasped her wrists and brought her closer to him. She could feel the warmth of his body passing through hers; it was something she was becoming addicted to. Damien didn't need to do or say much, a simple touch would be enough to make her mind go numb and her body surrender. Then he'd kissed her, lingering for a little while. He was savoring her. She felt his hands tremble slightly. She smiled. He chuckled. "Come on." Damien said, pulling Leigh out of bed.

***********

"No! I am not going to argue over this again, Leigh."

"So, don't. You know I have to do it. He won't stop." Silent tears streaming down her cheeks now, but this time it was anger that triggered them.

They had been arguing for over two hours since Brian arrived with a very distressed Lucy. Brian told them about Lucy's phone calls. At first the caller would hang up after a few seconds but the calls became creepier. She would hear someone's heavy breathing or chilling laughter.

Leigh went ballistic. She knew it was Michael's way of trying to force her to agree to their meeting. "You will come." His words echoing on her mind. She had no choice.

"Okay, that's enough! Time out! We can't take it anymore." Brian shouted. "Leigh, remember it's not your fault, so don't feel you are the one that has to fix it." He said in a softer tone. "And you," pointing at Damien. "Need to focus. We've talked about this already."

Brian realized what had happened between Damien and Leigh as soon as he saw Damien's sheepish face. Brian wasn't angry, but he knew it would complicate things even more. He knew this because he was having the same problem trying to keep his personal feelings out of this case. Lucy had gotten him bad.

"Goddamn it!" Damien growled.

Damien knew he was losing his focus, but he couldn't help it, especially when the thought of what Michael intended to do with her had been heavy on his mind.

"Leigh, sweetie, don't blame yourself. I agree with Damien. It's risky going to see the creep alone." Lucy was hugging her friend, each woman trying to comfort the other.

"But I am the object of his attention. I do feel responsible." Leigh disputed.

"He is so full of himself. He is certain I will go to him. Why not fuel his ego? It might sidetrack him enough so that you two can dig for dirt" She said looking at Brian and Damien."And I might even be able to find out more about his connection with this Salvatore Visconti."

"That's our job, Leigh. Not yours." Damien refuted. He stood facing her then gently took both of her hands in his. "Please."

"But I can help. Let me help." She insisted.

"Out of question. You and Lucy are leaving tonight. We already arranged for you two to be taken somewhere safe until it's all finished." Brian said adamantly.

"Hold on a second!"

"What?!" Both women shouted at the same time. Both men rolled their eyes.

*************

Salvatore Visconti was a man of little patience, he detested weak men and shitty excuses, and right now it was exactly what he was dealing with.

"You know, Michael this is not the first time you let me down. You've been rather distracted lately. I am beginning to think your loyalty is questionable." Salvatore said, knowing exactly what Michael's cause of distraction, his weakness L¬¬eigh Grayson.

Michael knew better. If he opened his mouth now it would only make things worse. It had taken him a lot of time to get this close to Salvatore. He had been planning for a long time. He had to get a grip on things, but Leigh had made things a little more difficult than he had thought and being under scrutiny by Internal Affairs meant he would have to act faster than he had originally planned.

So far, he had been pretty sure Salvatore suspected nothing. Michael had been careful, eliminating possible snitches along the years. But now things were getting more complicated, he was running out of time.

"You were supposed to be on the lookout and once again you didn't do what I pay you for. There has been a raid and many were arrested." Salvatore had gotten up from his chair and walked towards Michael. "I know you are under investigation, but you dodged it before, however it seems the new Captain in charge, Robert Harrison; as I've been informed, is not keen on cooperating with us. Should I reconsider your usefulness?"

"You have my full commitment and loyalty. Sorry, I slipped. It won't happen again."

Salvatore nodded. "Molto benne." Shortly after he'd dismissed Michael, Salvatore called for Gino, his nephew. "Keep an eye on him, Gino. I want to know what is going on. Also, have someone watch Miss Grayson. The last thing we need is for him to do something stupid again because of her. I am not done with him yet."

***************

Michael went straight home to get sorted for his meeting with Leigh. He could barely contain his excitement; she would finally see what he had been doing all these years to make her see they belonged together. No other man had had a chance to win her love, which he'd made sure of. He'd kept her under close watch; she never knew he was aware of her artistic side. She was talented, but he would never allow anyone to have any part of her. Leigh was his.

He was getting annoyed with those detectives form Internal Affairs. They had been spending a lot of time with her. Michael cringed at the thought of her in the company of other men. But soon he wouldn't have to worry about them. His thoughts were interrupted by his cell phone ringing. He hurried to answer it as he knew exactly who it was. He had one of his informants keeping Leigh under close watch.

"Are they still there?" Michael asked.

"Yes. One left but returned with her friend, the gallery owner."

She must have told them about his visit. The phone calls to her friend were just another reminder to her that he would not take 'no' for an answer. Michael checked his watch. It was nearly five o'clock. She would have to leave soon to meet him.

"Stay put. Let me know when she leaves the house."

**********

Both Damien and Brian were silent, not because they didn't know what to say, but because they were afraid for their lives. These women were fierce when they argued their point. Both men were backed against the wall, having fingers pointed in their faces and all they could do was to wait for the rampage to end.

They were saved by the sound of Brian's cell phone ringing. "Thank God!" Brian thought as he excused himself to answer the call, leaving Damien alone facing two angry women.

"I am going to make some tea." Lucy said, already turning toward the kitchen.

"You look so hot when you are angry" Damien said with a mischievous grin as he reached for her hands, pulling her against him.

"Damien...you're not getting away so easily. I am still mad at you. You and Brian need to realize we can look after ourselves. Lucy can't just hide some place, she's got a business to run and I refuse to let Michael turn me into a paranoid and terrified person."

"I know. Sorry. I can't help it. I need to know you're protected." Damien said each sentence with a kiss. "I understand how you feel, but I don't like not being able to be with you to make sure you're safe and I certainly don't want you playing bait."

"Please Damien, I can't do this without you." Leigh pleaded leaning against him and looking into his eyes.

"Damn it!" Those chocolate eyes got him every time, but now it was a new level of control as she reinforced her killer look with the lightest of touches, her fingers so intimately stroking his chest was his downfall. "If we were alone..." Damien whispered but Brian interrupted him.

"We need to go. Where's Lucy?"

"I am here. What happened?" Lucy said coming from the kitchen.

Brian pulled her aside, smiling softly. "Will you at least stay here with Leigh until we return with more information?"

Lucy felt a jolt of electricity shoot right through her. "What's wrong with me?" She was staring now. "Sure" "Damn it! Did I just purr?"

Brian remained by her side looking intently into her eyes. "Breath" He reminded himself.

"Okay. We'll be in touch..." He said squeezing her hand. "...and Lucy...I am sorry about pushing you earlier."

"No, you're not." She teased. Brian growled quietly.

**************

Once they left, Leigh and Lucy finally managed to sit down and talk. They were both exhausted and emotionally drained.

"So, how are you feeling? I've noticed you and Damien can't keep your hands off of each other."

"Look who's talking, you and Brian were devouring each other with your eyes."

They were both smiling, but Lucy couldn't hide her concern. "Sweetie, Damien seems to really care about you. But how do you feel about him?"

"I am in love with him." That was simple and clear. Leigh said it with a certainty she never thought possible.

"Are you sure? You haven't known each other long. You might be getting confused with physical attraction. This is all a little sudden."

Leigh was waving her hands dismissively "I know. Rationally you could argue this is absurd, but Lucy, it is more than physical attraction. I can't explain it; he just turned me inside out. I feel loved and desired like never before. I look into his eyes and I only see sincerity. This feeling is so strong that it should scare me, only it doesn't. It's quite the opposite. I actually feel completely safe when I am with him."

"Leigh, you are in love." Lucy agreed simply.

"I am indeed." Leigh said with a goofy smile.

They were so engrossed in their conversation, Leigh even lost track of the time. Talking about Damien made her forget her problems and her meeting with Michael.

*************

Michael was livid, once he knew she wasn't simply late, but wasn't coming at all. He lost his self-control, throwing his cell phone against the wall. This was something he never predicted; Leigh not giving in. He was certain she would have. She would regret it.

**************

Brian had been telling Damien about the phone call, informing him of a body found in a dumpster. The deceased had been holding a piece of paper with their names and phone numbers written on it.

Both Damien and Brian were now in the coroner's collecting more information and identifying the body to confirm their suspicions. It didn't take long for them to see who it was, and it took even less for them to take action. Their only witness had been killed viciously. Throat and tongue cut, leaving him bleeding to death.

"We'd better check David Hayes soon, something is telling me he's next." Brian said.

"Well, I think I am going to head back to start Detective Tempton's suspension process. We should've done it sooner. I will give Leigh a call, to let her know we won't be back tonight." Damien sighed. He was hoping to stay with her just in case Michael decided to pay her another visit, since Leigh had agreed to not go see him.

"Alright, and I will arrange for a patrol officer to keep an eye on the house. I don't want to take any chances." Brian said trying to conceal his apprehension. Damien nodded; he knew his partner was shit scared for the girls too. Both men were trying really hard to stay focused but this was going to be a very long night.

Damien got his cell phone out of his jacket pocket and called Leigh. He was already missing her.

"Sweetheart, it's me. How are you two doing?"

"We are fine, Damien. Don't worry." Leigh smiled knowing that he certainly was.

"As if that is possible." He chuckled. "I won't be back tonight. I need to get a few things in motion, and then we are heading out to check on someone."

"Oh! Alright...I was hoping...never mind." Leigh shrugged with disappointment. She needed him tonight, but she also understood why he wasn't able to be there with her.

"I miss you already and I was hoping too." Damien's voice became husky. "I hate not feeling your skin on mine." He was breathing heavy. "Is it okay to call you later on again? I have to hear your voice so I am sure you are well...this is torture, Leigh."

"I know. I need to know you are okay too. Call me later, at any time. I guess I won't be going to bed so soon. I have a lot to organize for work tomorrow."

"Work? I thought you were taking the rest of the week off." He asked anxiously.

"I already missed a few days. I can't stop my life, Damien."

After a moment pondering he relented. "Alright, but wait for me to take you there. I will see you early in the morning, we can have breakfast together." Damien knew he had to compromise; Leigh had already shown him how stubborn and angry she could get when pushed against a wall. He didn't want to risk her doing anything foolish just to prove her point.

"I'd like that, so I will see you in the morning. Be careful."

"I will. Sweet dreams, Love. Bye."

*************

It was an exhausting and very busy night, but there were some progress. They had located and secured Michael's former partner, David Hayes, who was still willing to turnover evidence of everything he'd heard and witnessed during his time on the force as Michael's partner. Apparently, former Detective Hayes didn't leave on good terms. That was a meeting both Brian and Damien were very excited to have. They were supposed to meet up with Hayes later, but first they had to call in Detective Tempton to an official arraignment. That would have to be dealt carefully.

"I arranged for him to come see us at ten o'clock." Brian informed Damien.

"Fine, I am heading to see Leigh to take her to work. I'll come straight back here. I wouldn't want to miss Captain Harrison suspending him." Damien said with a satisfied grin.

"Look, keep your cool and your personal feelings out of this. Don't let him pick up any hint of your relationship with Leigh."

"I will be fine. I just want this son of a bitch paying for all the grief caused and for all crimes committed. I want him out of her life, for good." Damien's face was stern, and it was showing his determination to have Leigh live her life free of fear and free of Michael Tempton's obsession.

cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers