Dangerous Affairs Ch. 07

Story Info
Damien was tired, physically and emotionally exhausted.
5.1k words
4.64
12.1k
4

Part 7 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 04/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers

Damien was tired, physically and emotionally exhausted. He was driving to Leigh's and the idea of seeing her beautiful face and touching her smooth caramel skin made his heart pound a bit faster. He thought about Brian's words, if Michael found out about Leigh's relationship with him, it would certainly make things more complicated, because Damien was sure Michael would confront Leigh about it. That was something Damien wanted to avoid at all costs. Even if he had to stay away from her to keep her safe, and the mere thought of not seeing her made his chest hurt.

How could something like this happen? How could you come to have such strong feelings for someone out of nowhere? When he held Leigh in his arms or kissed those soft lips it felt so right; it all made sense. Damien didn't know much about her likes and dislikes, the places she would love to visit, but he did know she was brave, stubborn, caring, passionate, honest and that she fit incredibly perfect in his arms. However, he also knew that he would have to slow things down with her so he could concentrate on the case. Besides, Leigh deserved so much better than desperate kisses and quick afternoon interludes. Damien was still kicking himself about making love to her that way; jumping on her like prey. But the way she looked at him then, he knew she didn't have any regrets and that she wanted it to happen as much as he did.

As Damien knocked on her door he felt his pulse quicken. "Yeah, I am definitely whipped." He laughed to himself.

"Hey." Leigh smiled timidly.

As Damien entered her house, he brought her into an embrace and kissed the top of her head. "Hey." He sighed deeply. Leigh responded by holding him tightly. They stayed like that for a long moment only listening to each other breathing.

"Come on...you look like you need some sustenance...Long night?" She tried not to sound too worried. "He has enough on his mind; he doesn't need a clingy girlfriend." She thought.

"Girlfriend..." He almost missed her frowning slightly.

"Yes, we had a lot to work on." Damien said feeling guilty about not sharing more with her. He couldn't elaborate more. He had to keep some aspects of the investigation classified, for the integrity of the whole process and for her own safety.

"I understand Damien. I work with confidential information every day, so you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings."

He stood there staring at her. "You are incredible. Thank you for understanding." And then he kissed her, softly at first but as she moaned quietly into his mouth, he increased the pressure and he lost himself in the sweetness of her mouth.

"Ahem! Breakfast anyone?" Lucy said with a grin as she passed them heading to the kitchen.

"Sorry, I forgot Lucy was here." Leigh mumbled with her head buried in his chest.

Damien was actually glad for the interruption, otherwise he would have completely forgotten about his resolution to slow things down.

"I am actually hungry! And you need to get to work..."

Damien ended up dropping Lucy at the gallery first, and as he was parking the car near the entrance of Leigh's office building, he took a deep breath.

"Leigh, it would be better if we didn't see each other again until this case is closed." He was gripping the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white.

Well, she certainly wasn't expecting that. Leigh felt like he had just stabbed her in her heart. Her hurt was noticeable in her voice "Why?" she managed to ask.

"Sweetheart..." He parked the car and turned to her, grasping her hand. But Damien couldn't look into her eyes; if he did he wouldn't be able to go on with this.

"Look, I am trying to do the sensible thing. I need to be cautious. If Michael suspects anything about us he might do something..." He didn't finish because she just didn't give him the chance. Leigh unbuckled the seatbelt and quickly straddled him, taking Damien completely by surprise. She took hold of his face and looked into his wide eyes as she spoke.

"I am done with his threats. I am done with feeling like a helpless little girl; he did it to me for years. I can't have you or anyone deciding my life for me. Don't make decisions on my behalf and don't take my choices away from me, Damien. I don't deserve it damn it!" she said angrily.

"Baby..." Damien made a move to kiss her but Leigh put one hand flat on his chest.

"However, I agree we need to slow things down a little. I don't want to cause any problems for you at work, and you need to focus on the job." She finished with a grin.

This time Damien didn't find any resistance when he leaned in to kiss her with everything he had. When they came to their senses they noticed a few people on the street looking at them, some amused, others not so much. Damien chuckled and Leigh blushed looking down mortified.

"You never cease to amaze me. Sorry for being such an ass, I have this protective side that sometimes turns me into a complete jerk." He said cupping her face and giving her peck. Leigh smiled and returned to her seat, gathering her purse and briefcase.

"I can get a taxi home, so you don't need to rush to pick me up"

"No, I will be here at five, okay?"

"Alright, see you at five. Take care." She said opening the car door. She didn't want to push, but she felt there was something he wasn't saying that had him worried.

Damien smiled but it didn't quite reach his face. He had a nagging feeling something wasn't right. He looked around and didn't see anything suspect. Damien watched her get into the building before starting the car. He shook the feeling away and drove back to the office.

As soon as Leigh got into the building she was greeted by a man with a pair of cold brown eyes that sent a chill straight through her body. He was blocking her way, and as she tried to move around him his calloused hand stopped her.

"Miss Grayson, don't make a scene..." He told her and discreetly opened his jacket to show her a gun.

"...you are coming with me." His voice was voided of any emotion. That scared the hell out of Leigh. All she managed to do was nod. There was no point in arguing. She knew she had to keep calm and fighting now wouldn't help her situation.

"Good girl." He said pulling her back towards the door.

***********

Brian and Damien were in the conference room waiting for Michael's arrival for the official arraignment. Captain Harrison was going to order his suspension based upon several allegations and complaints made by citizens both to the Police Department and the Office of Citizen's Complaints.

They were going to argue that suspension was necessary to ensure the integrity of the investigation in case Michael retorted. But what they weren't prepared for was Michael acting in complete disdain during the entire meeting. Brian had been keeping Captain Harrison informed of the development of the investigation, and surprisingly Brian was told to lead the meeting.

It gave Damien a great sense of pride for his partner and their efforts. However, in the end it was Captain Harrison who gave the announcement.

"You are being suspended until the investigation is finished. Detective Tempton, hand over you badge and your gun." Captain Harrison ordered.

Without muttering a word Michael placed the gun and his badge on the table. He had a satisfied smirk plastered on his face, something that was irritating Damien profoundly.

"Conceited son of a bitch." Damien had remained quiet the entire time they had been with Michael, but the smirk Michael displayed wasn't something easy to swallow. Damien had a feeling the smirk was directed at him personally. Michael was testing his nerves.

As the meeting came to an end, Damien's cell rang. He ignored the call without even checking the caller and placed it on vibrating mode. After the third time, as Michael was leaving, he turned to Damien and said in a condescending tone.

"You'd better get that, you never know Detective Crook, it could be a friend in distress."

"Shit, he knows!" Damien concluded.

Panic struck Damien as he walked to the back of the room and to check his cell. "Lucy" he whispered to himself. As if on cue, it rang again.

"Hello, Lucy?"

"Thank God! I've been trying to get either you or Brian." Her shaken voice only added to his distress.

"What's wrong?"

"Is Leigh with you?"

"No, she's at work. I dropped her there this morning."

"She never made it to the office, Damien. We were supposed to have lunch together, but I was running late so I called to let her know. Margaret said she never showed up."

The room was spinning, or was his head? Damien's ashen face got Brian's attention. He tried to take the phone from his partner. But Damien recovered immediately.

"Have you tried her cell yet?"

"She wasn't answering before and now it goes straight to voicemail." Lucy's voice cracked.

"Where are you now?"

"In the gallery. Damien...I..." Lucy mumbled.

"We are coming for you." He had to cut her off; he couldn't deal with her crying. It would only make him more frantic.

As they hang up, Brian had to hold down an infuriated Damien, who now was throwing chairs around the room.

"Motherfucker! Son of a bitch! I am gonna fucking kill the bastard!" He was yelling out of control.

"Calm the fuck down, NOW!" Brian shouted.

"He took her!" he shouted as he tried calling Leigh's cell. "Pick up baby...pick up...shit! It goes straight into voicemail."

"We need to get Lucy first, we'll think of something on the way. I will get a patrol to check her house and locate Michael."

"I'll kill him Brian, I swear!"

***********

Leigh had been quiet the whole time he drove, not that she hadn't tried to get some kind of interaction going from her kidnapper, if that was a wise thing to do. But she was getting extremely anxious and fidgety.

"Can't you sit still? You're too impatient." His tone was low but somehow she didn't feel intimidated.

Leigh ignored the remark. "Can you at least tell me if it's going to take much longer? I am desperate for the toilet, we've been on the road for a long time and..." her voice betrayed her attempt to sound brave but actually showed how afraid she felt.

"Will you ever be quiet?" He interrupted Leigh and she recoiled in her seat. He gave her a sly grin, which bizarrely gave her a certain sense of comfort.

Without her realizing, the car slowly came to a stop. "Get out and don't try anything silly." She took a quick look around and there were no neighbouring houses, nowhere to run for help.

Leigh nodded nervously, turning to face the massive house in front of her. Leigh was about to find out that the classic architecture contrasted drastically with the minimalist decor inside, which immediately prompted the thought of anonymous owner.

She was led to the front door where they were greeted by an older man wearing a dark suit. "You're late Darryl. Boss was getting edgy, and you know we don't like when he gets annoyed!"

"Okay, at least now I know his name." Leigh thought as they entered the house.

"Well, she's here now, Nelson." Darryl said becoming annoyed himself; "This way, Miss Grayson." He said holding Leigh's elbow as he led her to the spacious living room where a half dozen men seemed busy in deep discussion. Leigh halted suddenly confused and a little unsure. They didn't seem threatening but she felt anxious nonetheless.

"What's going on? Who are you guys?"

A middle aged man with streaks of grey hair crossed where she stood and extended his hand.

"Miss Grayson, I am sorry for scaring you, but it was necessary. I am Special Agent Scott. FBI."

Leigh stayed still with her arms crossed for a few seconds, trying to take in the statement.

"What the hell does the F.B.I possibly want with me? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" She looked at Darryl with angry eyes. He just shrugged and gave her a smirk. "Sorry, it was necessary, for appearances' sake." Darryl told her evasively.

"I want my phone back. I have to talk to..." Oh, she wasn't happy.

"Miss Grayson, we advise you to tell no one yet." Agent Scott interrupted her.

"Advice not taken, I want my phone now!" Leigh knew that by now Lucy would have found out she hadn't been to the office. Lucy would have probably spoken to Brian and Damien who would be, without any doubt, worried as hell.

"We need your assistance on a matter regarding Detective Tempton, and we don't have much time to..." Agent Scott said in a superior attitude.

"And I need my phone." Leigh cut him off. She wasn't fazed by him at all.

"I told you she was tough." Darryl said handing Leigh her purse. And unbelievably sexy! He thought.

************

After picking up Lucy and checking Leigh's house they headed to her office. Brian spoke to the receptionist who didn't offer much information that could help. Damien then asked to see the CCTV footage. He had his eyes glued to the screen, as he saw a strange man, who was obviously threatening her, put his hand on her. Damien fought the urge to punch something.

"Who the hell is he?" Brian muttered.

"I am more interested in finding out where the hell he took her." Damien could hardly control his anger.

Silence reigned for a moment.

"What now?" Lucy asked, but the look in Damien's eyes told her he felt as lost as her.

"We should locate..." But as Brian began to speak, Damien's cell phone rang. He jumped from his seat nervously ignoring the two pairs of very concerned eyes staring at him.

Leigh!

"Baby, where are you? Are you alright?" Damien couldn't contain his anxiousness.

"Damien, I am fine." It was a relief to finally hear his voice. "I am not sure exactly where I am, I have to ask..."

"Leigh, is Michael there?" Damien wasn't sure what he would do if she said 'yes'.

"No..."

He breathed a sigh of relief.

"But the F.B.I is." Leigh said in a quiet tone.

"What?!" He growled.

Leigh didn't have a chance to elaborate because Darryl took the phone from her. Leigh's mouth fell open; she couldn't believe what he had just done. She stood there feeling like an idiot and all she could do was give him an indignant look. She was fuming.

Darryl ignored her completely but not before admitting to himself how even more adorable she looked when she was angry.

The ranting on the other side of the line, snapped him out of his thoughts. "Detective Crook, I am Agent Johnson. I want to assure you Miss Grayson is fine and safe, I made sure of that. Now, we will allow you to come to meet her since she's refusing to listen to us unless you are here."

"She obviously doesn't trust you, not that you could blame her. Cut to the point, Agent Johnson. How do I get there?" Darryl's arrogance didn't sit well with Damien who responded with the same candor.

*************

Both Brian and Damien had been in silence since they started the drive to meet up with Leigh. Damien concentrated on the road but his mind was filled with questions.

Brian broke the silence with a frustrated howl. "How on earth did this happen? We look like idiots in all this fucked up case!" He wasn't happy about being in the dark. He was also upset about having to leave a very distressed Lucy behind, but he knew she would be safe in his house.

"That's what we are going to find out after kicking some ass for pulling shit like this." Damien was beyond pissed. He was ready to explode. It had been a relief to hear her voice but he would only be totally at ease once he saw her face.

"I don't get it, Brian. Why would the F.B.I do something like that to her? And what Michael said to me was like he knew what had happened; it doesn't make sense."

"I think he did, but I agree it doesn't make sense at all." Brian was as confused as Damien.

"What was the agent's name again?" Brian asked.

"Johnson. I must say I didn't care for the arrogant tone in his voice when he gave me directions to get there; something he made clear he wasn't too happy about doing. And the way he talked about Leigh; how he'd made sure she was safe. I want to know what he'd meant exactly."

"Don't start with the jealousy crap! We haven't got time for this." Brian said, slapping Damien on the head. "Focus Crook!"

Brian didn't say but he knew that the only reason for the F.B.I's involvement had something to do with Salvatore Visconti. If so, there was no doubt things would get more complicated. He also knew Damien was aware of that.

"You realize they will not share much with us, don't you?"

"I know, Brian." Damien said, lost in his thoughts. He couldn't shake the guilty feeling away; it was his responsibility to protect Leigh and he felt he let her down.

"Well, we'll find out soon."

***********

Michael thought he had done well so far. He knew he shouldn't have said anything to Damien Crook but he just couldn't help himself; that man had put his hands on Leigh. His Leigh.

The moment Michael had spoken to Damien, he knew the Detective realized Michael knew about the affair. The look on Damien's face was priceless; he was probably wondering how Michael had found out about them.

That time he'd seen the Detective cupping her face, he became so furious he almost lost it right then and there.

When he found out who those two men in her house were, it only made his anger rise even more; he swore he would make the Detective pay for tainting his love.

However, after that he'd made sure he continued watching her every step, although he had to lie low for awhile because of the investigation on him, he still kept her under close watch.

So he got someone to watch her for him, one of his many goons, but the feedbacks he got had one thing in common, Detective Crook spending a lot of time with her. Michael had just put two and two together. "Nobody touches what's mine. You will pay, Crook, just like the others who had tried to date her!"

Now he was on his way to see Salvatore Visconti to tip him off about possible raid of one of the warehouses. Salvatore was becoming suspicious of his intentions, so Michael had to plan his moves carefully.

He couldn't wait for later that night when he would see his Leigh, she would have the wonderful surprise he'd prepared for her. She would just love it and then she would realize she loved him too.

He hated her at first for not meeting him the other night, but he realized it was the Detective's fault. His Leigh wouldn't have stood him up intentionally. Now he would have to rush things along. She would have to stay with him until he finished the last job for Salvatore, who by the way didn't suspect it would be Michael's last one.

Michael didn't trust anyone, but Darryl had proved to be loyal and Michael knew he wouldn't touch Leigh. Although he had warned Darryl anyway, he'd decided that Darryl would be trustworthy enough to watch her.

Michael was becoming aroused just thinking about her. The waiting game would be over soon and he would finally feel her luscious chocolate skin in his hands. Tonight Leigh, you will be mine completely.

**************

Salvatore Visconti had all organized to have Michael disappear. He would serve as an example to others, a message to show that betraying the family would have only one consequence; death.

He knew Michael had been dealing his supplies behind his back, pocketing as much as he could. How petty. Michael risked it all for what? For a woman? Weak man Salvatore thought with disgust, he despised weakness. Michael had served his purpose, but lately, his stupidity had been attracting too much attention from the authorities.

Michael's fate had been determined; it was just a matter of finding the right opportunity and Salvatore knew Michael's idiocy would present him the perfect one on a silver plate.

***********

"You can't be serious! How can you expect me to pull this off?" Leigh's hands were shaking with disbelief as Darryl looked at her with worry.

cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers
12