Dangerous Affairs Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers

"Look, you would be protected..." Darryl really didn't want to disclose the fact that she was in more danger than she'd thought. Michael was completely out of his mind as far as she was concerned. Darryl had seen Michael's apartment; the walls covered with photographs of her. He was obsessed alright!

"I don't know...I need to speak to Damien first. He won't like this idea." Leigh was scared, and she knew what Damien would say about it. The idea being alone with Michael and being used as bait didn't seem to come from Darryl, who didn't seem very happy with the plan.

Leigh didn't know Darryl at all to trust him. She didn't know that Darryl had spent a lot of time keeping an eye on Michael, following him from Salvatore's to her house, and that eventually she had caught his eyes.

The fact that she was seeking the Detective's support, somehow made Darryl inexplicably jealous. He couldn't help it, he was attracted to her. Too bad she seemed to be smitten by Detective Crook. Lucky Bastard!

"Johnson! I want a word, now." Agent Scott had had enough. He and Darryl agreed that Leigh could provide some information about Michael that could help with the undercover job, but Darryl wasn't keen on the idea of using her like this.

Excusing himself, he left a very nervous Leigh standing by a window that overlooked a massive garden. She never felt more confused.

Hurry Damien!

What they were asking of her was dangerous and made her stomach twist. According to Agent Johnson, Michael was expecting her to be brought to meet him tonight. She would have to play along, pretending to be interested in what Michael wanted to say. More like what he wants to do... She quivered in disgust. The idea was for her to try to get more information on Salvatore, but how did they expect her to do it? Michael knew she hated him, how was she supposed to make him believe in her sudden change of feelings?

She had lost track of time, but Leigh snapped out of her trance as she heard a familiar voice.

"Where is she?" Damien asked, finding it difficult to hide his anxiety.

Brian and Damien had been greeted by Agent Scott who had introduced himself and Agent Johnson. Darryl never attempted to shake hands with them. Damien's eyes were scanning the surroundings, desperately looking for Leigh. A few men gathered next to a round table looking over some gear; Brian noticed the men didn't seem to be thrilled with their presence.

As soon as Leigh heard his voice she turned around and rushed to him. She knew she was being silly, it's not as if they hadn't seen each other that morning, but with everything that had been revealed to her, Leigh craved his touch.

When she remembered she was in a strange place with strange people, she forced herself to walk calmly toward him. He hadn't seen her approach from his peripheral, but Brian had.

"Hey kiddo!" Brian smiled, relieved to see her well.

Damien turned around and saw her standing there looking at him biting her lip. He lost all composure. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight hug, breathing heavy in her ear.

"I almost lost my fucking mind!" He whispered harshly. They remained quiet for a long moment, breathing each other's scent. Damien stepped back slightly and lifted her chin.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly.

Leigh nodded, that's all she managed to do at that moment. It felt good to have him holding her again.

"I am so sorry, sweetheart." Damien closed his eyes for a second.

"Detective Crook, we don't have much time. We need Miss Grayson to decide soon if she will be willing to assist us or not." Agent Scott pointed out.

Darryl was standing by his side and he focused on the scene before him. His eyes fixed on Leigh. A flash of envy washed over him. Damn!

Damien turned back to them with Leigh secured tightly in his arms. "Assist with what?" He looked at Brian who also had a puzzled expression.

"Care to tell us why in hell you staged her kidnapping?" Brian asked.

Agent Scott did explain why, and as expected the two detectives weren't very happy to know she had been watched all along.

"So, she either help you out or your cover is blown..." Brian concluded.

"Christ! You guys are unbelievable!" Damien shook his head in disgust.

************

They had been arguing for the past hour, and nothing had been decided. Leigh was getting a migraine. There was a deep pressure on the back of her head. She was feeling dizzy and the lump in her throat was making her sick and the shouting wasn't helping. Hell, it was what started the damn pain!

"Please, Damien..." She pleaded.

He finally looked at her and his heart ached. "Shit! Sit down, Leigh."

"You have to calm down, Damien. I need you now. I can't do it without you." She spoke softly. She couldn't contain the tears falling. She was afraid.

Damien looked into her eyes and held her hands firmly. "Don't ask me to agree with this. I can't agree with this." He begged.

"This is bullshit. You are not interested one bit in catching Detective Tempton. You are asking for her help because, without relying on your cover, you would have nothing on Salvatore!" Brian said in anger. He also had had his share of shouting. When agent Scott told them of their plan to use Leigh to obtain information on Michael and Salvatore, he'd gone ballistic.

"There is something else you're not telling us. What is it?" Damien had been suspicious of their intent from the beginning.

Agent Scott and Darryl glanced at each other. "We know that Salvatore has also sent someone to watch Miss Grayson." Darryl said.

"But why? I mean what would they want to with me?" Leigh asked, wincing at the throbbing in her head.

Damien noticed the distress in her voice. "It doesn't matter why; but it is another reason for not involving her in this mess." He said trying to save her from any further stress.

"She will be watched. I will be there protecting her." Darryl said tearing his eyes from Leigh and facing Brian who growled.

"How do you plan on doing that? You will have to leave them eventually. He's gone to this extreme to have her and do you think he will let her go?" Damien was trying to control his anger, but he was on the verge of shooting someone.

"He has been suspended today, he knows it's just a matter of time before we collect the evidence and lock him away. He has nothing to lose and he knows that. You can't possibly ask her to face him right now, if ever!" Damien said harshly but then turned to Leigh "You don't have to do this, love." Damien's voice softened as he looked at her.

"But it could speed things up." Leigh argued; "So we can be together without his shadow over us." her voice was soft almost like a whisper.

Damien felt his chest tighten.

"When is he expecting her?" Brian asked.

"He told me tonight at seven. He had instructed me to keep her until then. He anticipated you would go after him as soon as you knew about her disappearance." Darryl said. "He had planned his alibi very well." Darryl explained. "She will be protected, we..."

"I've said it before, no way in hell! Absolutely not!"

"It's not your decision, Detective Crook." Darryl had lost his patience.

Brian and Damien looked at Darryl with amused expressions, but before they could jump down the man's throat, Leigh stepped in.

"If I don't have their support I won't be doing it, so I suggest you lose your cocky attitude, Agent Johnson. I don't know you and I don't trust you not after what you put me through."

Damien's grin spread all over his face. God, I love this woman.

"I apologize for my attitude, as for you not knowing me we can fix this if you want." He winked.

Leigh rolled her eyes.

Damien couldn't believe it. This asshole is actually hitting on her. He was about to lunge for Darryl when Agent Scott intervened.

"Johnson, shut up! I am sorry, Agent Johnson here thinks that everyone shares his sense of humour." He turned to Leigh.

"Miss Grayson, I assure you and your friends that you will be safe at all times. We have the house under surveillance and at any sign of danger, we will be right there with you."

"I will agree only if you let both Damien and Brian be there with you."

"Miss Grayson, this is a federal investigation and I can't allow..." Agent Scott argued. He didn't want two cops involved any more than they already were.

"But you can allow a civilian to play bait?" Damien cocked his eyebrow as Brian crossed his arms. Damien was terrified for her, but he also knew she had already made up her mind.

"If they're not there, I am not doing it."

With a loud sigh Agent Scott spoke "Very well."

*

Author's note: a bit longer than usual. Hope your are all enjoying it. Please comment and vote. Help me improve!

cpm09
cpm09
26 Followers
12