Daphne's Crush

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,325 Followers

"I'll be right back," she said, downing it and then standing.

"I'll go with you," Lillian said standing as well. A moment later the other three women at the table stood as well.

"What is it with women and going to the bathroom in groups?" Karl asked.

"Oh no!" I moaned. "Not this conversation again! We have it every year!"

Karl ignored me as he continued to talk. I turned and watched the ladies walking away from the table. Okay, truth be told, I watched Daphne walking away. Just before they entered the restroom she turned and smiled at me as she mouthed the words, 'You're staring again.'

"Damn!" I cried. I was pretty sure Daphne was laughing as she entered the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" my cousin Hank asked.

"Nothing," I sighed.

"You've got it bad," he grinned.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you really like Daphne," he replied. "Not that I blame you. She's a great catch." I didn't know what to say, so I decided to say nothing. It seemed to take a long time, but eventually the ladies returned.

"So Mike," Lillian said as soon as she was seated. "What do you think Bette is going to say when she hears you're dating her little sister?" My head snapped around and I looked at Daphne.

"You just had to tell her?" I grumbled.

"She asked how we knew each other," Daphne replied with a shrug.

"Bette? Isn't that the one who left him for another woman?" Hank asked.

"No, that was the other one," my cousin Debbie said. "Bette was the one who went to find herself in Thailand."

"Tibet," I sighed.

"Same difference," Debbie shrugged. I shook my head as I wondered what I did to deserve this family.

"You haven't answered my question," Lillian prompted.

"I'm not dating Daphne," I sighed.

"Yes you are," Daphne put in, surprising me.

"What?"

"I told you that you'd owed me a big one for coming here with you," she said with a shrug and a grin.

"But..." I began. Daphne cut me off.

"And to answer your question," she said to Lillian. "My sister would say that it's about time!"

"What?" I asked dumbly.

"And why would she say that?" Lillian asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe because I've been planning on marry Michael since I was twelve," Daphne replied. Her words did the impossible. The table fell momentarily quiet. My cousins were speechless.

"Doesn't every little girl have a crush on her older sister's boyfriend?" I tried to joke. No one laughed.

"You're serious," Lillian asked. Daphne smiled and shrugged yet again as she drank some more wine.

"Do you still plan on marrying Michael?" Karl asked.

"Maybe," Daphne replied. "If he ever gets around to asking me."

"Daphne," I said carefully. "I think you've had too much to drink."

"Possibly," she said. "But that doesn't make what I've said any less true."

"Oh shit!" I cried and stood. I was out of the hall in record time.

**********

"Michael! Wake up!"

It took me quite a while to open my eyes. I wasn't happy at what I saw when I finally did. My sister Christina and my cousin Lillian were standing over my bed.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked as I glanced at the clock. It was four thirty in the morning!

"We just dropped off poor Daphne," Christina said. "I can't believe you left her at the party."

"Poor Daphne is nuts!" I growled.

"Maybe," Lillian sighed. "But she certainly has a thing for you."

"That's my point! It's crazy! The last time I saw her, she was twelve!"

"She's not twelve any longer," Christina said.

"Don't you think I know that?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "She's gorgeous and built like..."

"We get the picture," Lillian said, cutting me off. "You're attracted to her."

"Yes, but what am I supposed to do? She's Bette's little sister for Christ sake!"

"Why not date her and find out?" my sister asked.

"I am not going to date Daphne!" I said adamantly.

"It's your call," Lillian shrugged. "But I think you're the one losing out."

"Think about it little brother," Christina added. "You've admitted that you're attracted to her. What would be the harm in a simple date?" I remained silent. The two exchanged a look and then wished me a good night before leaving. I was up for quite a while before I finally fell asleep again.

The next day was Sunday and it went by slowly, but thankfully the week following went quickly. Work was busy and I did my best to throw myself into it. Despite all that, I frequently found myself thinking about Daphne. Every time I did, I cursed myself and dove back into my work.

I woke up the following Saturday morning in a good mood. I got a lot done at work during the past week and my family hadn't bothered me, not even Lillian or Christina. I decided to go for a jog. It was a beautiful day and the jog helped my mood even more. I didn't much like jogging, but I always felt better afterward.

I jumped into the shower when I got home and was just finished dressing when there was a knock on the door. I answered it. For some reason, I wasn't really surprised to see Daphne there.

"Come on in," I said, walking away from the door. I left it open. She raised an eyebrow, but followed.

"I wasn't sure you were going to answer the door, much less let me in," she said carefully.

"Well, either you're crazy or not," I shrugged. "If you're crazy, then I don't think one little door will stop you. And if you're not, then it probably makes sense for us to talk this out."

"Sounds good to me," Daphne smiled.

'Damn!' I thought to myself. 'I wish she'd stop doing that!' Her smile hit me hard every time.

"So, let me start with an apology," Daphne said. "I shouldn't have said what I did. I didn't mean to scare you."

"That's okay," I smiled. "I'm sure it was just the alcohol talking."

"Yes and no," Daphne sighed. "I really did tell everyone I was going to marry you when I was twelve."

"You were just a girl then," I said. "I can understand that."

"You were always very kind to me," she shrugged. "And I always liked the points you brought into the family discussions."

"So then, you don't still plan on marrying me?" I asked tentatively.

"How could I?" she replied. "You'd have to ask me first and I'm pretty sure after last week that's an impossibility." For some reason her words disappointed me.

"I'll get us some coffee," I said with a smile.

"Do you have any juice?" she asked. "I'm not much of a coffee drinker in the morning."

"Orange juice it is," I said. Ten minutes later we were laughing as we remembered something that happened six years ago.

"Well, I'd better be going," Daphne eventually said. "I'm glad we cleared up what happened last weekend. You're a nice guy. I'd like to be friends."

"I'll see you around," I said as I let her out the door. Facing the closed door I added to myself, "That went better than I expected." Fifteen minutes later there was another knock on the door.

"Daphne?" I said in confusion as I saw her standing at the door again.

"Look, I'm sorry to bother you," she sighed. "But I've got a flat tire and I can't get the lugs off." I saw that her hands were dirty and that she had a dark smudge on one cheek.

"I'll be right down," I said, going to the living room to get my shoes. "Do you want a drink?"

"No, but can I use your bathroom to wash up?" she asked. I pointed it out. Daphne walked toward it. Of course, I watched her. Just the sight of her drove me to distraction! I shook my head and went out to her car.

"There, that should do it," I smiled a little while later as I packed the flat tire in her trunk. I put the tire iron back where it belonged and shut the hatch.

"Thanks a lot," Daphne said. "You're a life saver!"

"No big deal," I replied. Daphne nodded and then started to speak, but then stopped herself. I was curious what she was going to say so I asked, "What is it?"

"Well, I was just wondering if I could buy you lunch to say thanks," she said. "Strictly platonic. Just two friends eating lunch."

"You don't owe me a thing," I smiled. "Let's call it even. After all, you did come to the family party last week."

"And you think changing one flat tire makes us even?" she asked with a grin.

"Maybe not," I laughed.

"Let me take you to lunch," she said. "We'll figure out what you owe me for last week another time. I was supposed to be meeting some friends, but I already missed them. I hate eating alone."

"Just as friends?" I asked, surprising myself.

"Sure."

"Okay," I shrugged. "I am hungry."

Lunch was amazing. Okay, truthfully lunch was adequate. It was Daphne who was amazing! She was smart and witty. I was so drawn to her soft brown eyes that I frequently had to force myself to look away. We spent most of the time with her telling me my cousins' antics after I left the party the week before.

"Okay," I finally laughed. "So maybe I do owe you more than fixing one flat tire."

The meal ended too quickly. I was disappointed when we arrived back at my house. Daphne came up to use the bathroom once more.

"Thanks," she said as I walked her to the door. "I had a good time."

"Me too," I said. "Maybe we could do it again some time."

"Sounds good," Daphne replied, and then stopped and reached into her purse. She pulled out a business card and wrote her home number on the back. "Give me a call when you're up for getting together again."

"Sure," I said. Daphne leaned forward and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. It was the type of kiss you might give a friend, but then again my reaction was far more than friendly. Thankfully, she was out of the door before it hit.

"Wow!" I said, going to the window and watching her get into her car and drive away. "Hank was right. I really do have it bad!" I touched my mouth where she kissed me. I could still feel the brush of her lips.

The next day I had to fight hard not to call. I kept finding myself with the phone and Daphne's number in my hands. I decided to put the business card away. I normally just entered a person's information into my address book, but I didn't want Daphne's number so easily accessible. I ended up putting it in my strong box, as if locking it away would let me forget about it.

**********

"So, did you and that girl Daphne ever work things out?" my sister Christina asked. I smiled and nodded. We had just finished eating dinner. We normally got together once a month to touch base. It was my turn to cook, but that was okay.

"Yep," I said. "She came by last week and we decided to be friends."

"That nice," Christina said. "Do you plan on seeing her again any time soon?"

"Probably not."

"Some friend you are!" my sister snorted. "What exactly are you afraid of? That you might actually like her?"

"Exactly!" I said, being more honest than I planned.

"What would be so wrong with that?"

"Do you want me to alphabetize the list?" I asked sarcastically.

"There aren't that many reasons for you not to date her! There can't be."

"Christina, you're wrong," I sighed. "First, I'm just getting over Janice. Any relationship I get into right now would be a rebound relationship."

"Maybe," my sister admitted grudgingly. "But then again maybe not. What else do you have?"

"Well, my luck with women for starters!" I snorted. "If I did fall for Daphne, she'd probably end up being from another planet!" Christina laughed, but wasn't really put off.

"Then there is the whole Bette issue. It's just too weird to date my ex-girlfriend's little sister."

"Is it because Bette was your first?"

"Christina!" I snapped in embarrassment, but then I nodded and added, "Partially."

"What else?" my sister asked.

"Well, there is the age difference," I answered. "She's barely eighteen and I'm almost twenty five."

"That's not that big of a difference," Christina shrugged.

"Sure it is," I argued. "She was only twelve when I was exploring the birds and bees with her sister."

"That was then," my sister said. "Age doesn't matter as much once you're past your teen years."

"She's still only eighteen!" I cried.

"You know what I mean!" Christina snapped. "Besides, Daphne doesn't strike me as a typical eighteen year old."

"Chris," I said softly. "She's younger than you think. We were joking and she said she was still a virgin."

"There's nothing wrong with that," my sister insisted. I knew she was right, but it bothered me for some reason.

"Why are you trying so hard to get me to date her?" I asked in annoyance.

"I'm not," Christina shrugged. "Not really. Daphne seemed nice and I thought she might make you happy. I worry about you little brother."

"Don't worry," I said. "I'm fine."

"Okay, I'll let the subject drop right after I make one more point," my sister sighed. "All of those reasons may or may not be valid, but if you like her then none of them should stop you from at least seeing where the relationship might go."

We spent the rest of the time talking about the typical things like our parents and work. Christina left by nine thirty because she had a date later. I put on the television. It was Friday night and there was always something on that I could suffer through.

Fifteen minutes past. I sighed loudly and stood. I went to my closet and pulled out my strong box. Daphne's phone number was just where I left it.

"She's probably out anyway," I said aloud. I dialed the number and waited. The phone rang for a while with no answer. I continued to wait until the answering machine picked up. I hung up quickly. "It must be God, saving me from my moment of weakness!"

I felt both relieved and disappointed. I plopped back into the couch ready to spend the next few hours in couch potato mode. Ten minutes later the phone rang.

"Hello," I said as I picked up the phone.

"Michael?" I heard Daphne's voice come over the phone. Suddenly I was standing again.

"Yes," I replied, swallowing hard.

"I just got in and saw that I missed your call," she said. "I didn't recognize the number. You should have left a message. I almost didn't call."

"That's okay," I said. "I was just touching base."

"Well, it's nice to hear from you," Daphne replied and then an awkward silence followed.

"I was thinking about going into the city tomorrow. Maybe stop by one of the museums," I said, fighting past the lump in my throat. "Care to come along?"

"Sure," she said after a brief hesitation. "There's a restaurant there that I've been dying to go to. It's Italian. It's my treat if you're willing to go there for lunch."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to," she replied, sounding like she meant it.

"What is it with you and buying me lunch?" I joked. She laughed gently.

"Are we driving in or taking the train?" she asked.

"Do you have a preference?"

"Train," she answered succinctly. "It's less of a hassle. I hate trying to park in the city."

"Okay. I call you in the morning."

"Sounds good," she said. "I'll see you then."

I stared at the phone for a few seconds after I hung up. I knew I was happy to be seeing Daphne again, but I still couldn't help feel a little trepidation.

"We're just two friends spending a day together," I said aloud, but who was I trying to convince?

**********

"Now that was a fun day!" Daphne said as she plopped into the train seat with a loud sigh. I could understand.

"I'm exhausted," I groaned. "I can't believe we visited that many museums and somehow fit lunch in."

"Don't forget the shopping!" She was holding up some of the shopping bags we carried.

"That was the best part," I grinned. "I got to sit and relax while you went into your little buying frenzy."

"I wasn't that bad!"

"Are you kidding?" I asked in disbelief. "Thank God we took a train and could only carry so much!"

"Men!" she snapped, but we both started laughing.

"How did you like St. Patrick's?" I asked a few minutes later.

"I actually liked it," Daphne answered, obviously thinking back to the visit. "It was so beautiful! I cried at that one statue."

"I remember," I smiled warmly. "I was a bit surprised that you agreed to stop there. At the family party you were arguing with my cousins about God. I wasn't sure you believed at all." The train was warm so I pulled off my coat.

"Depends on the day," she laughed, unbuttoning her coat. "I actually have pretty traditional views most of the time."

"What would your parents say?" I teased.

"Remember," she grinned, pointing to herself. "I'm the black sheep." Daphne pulled her coat off. I couldn't help watching. As usual, she caught me. "Michael, you're staring again."

"I was not," I said quickly. "I was just wondering what the pattern was on your shirt."

"Care to get a closer look," she asked, sticking her chest out slightly. My eyes obviously bugged out because she started laughing.

"You know, you could kill a man with those!" I joked badly.

"They're not for killing," she grinned. "They're for capturing."

"Touché!" I laughed. "Touché."

"My feet are killing me," Daphne said, changing the subject. I put my eyes back into their sockets before responding.

"Mine too. I legs aren't much better. I need to get back into shape."

"Let's not go there. I want to finish enjoying this day without any guilt."

"Fair enough," I smiled.

"Let's continue with the game we were playing while we walked. Maybe it will help us forget the pain."

"You seem to really like this silly game," I said.

"It's fun," she shrugged. "It helps me get to know you as well as pass the time."

"Whose turn is it to ask a question?"

"Mine!" Daphne grinned.

"Of course it is," I sighed loudly. "It seems to always be your turn when we restart the game."

"Never mind that," she said. "What I want to know is, which of all your crazy cousins are you closest to?"

"Growing up it was Hank, but these days I'd say Lillian," I replied. "She's become almost like another sister to me."

"Not Debbie?" she grinned.

"Oh no you don't!" I laughed. "It's my turn to ask a question."

"You're right," Daphne said, but then added, "I understand. A lot of people have problems with homosexuals."

"That's not it at all!" I snapped. Daphne shrugged. She was playing me and I knew it, but I couldn't let it go. "I love Debbie and even like her as a person, but we just don't have that much in common."

"Other than the fact that you both like women?"

"Well yes," I grinned. "Other than that."

"Your turn to ask a question."

"What's your darkest secret?" I asked.

"Interesting question," she stalled.

"Come on! You have to answer it. That's part of the rules. If you don't then I win."

"Relax, I'm just trying to decide which secret is my darkest. There are so many of them," she grinned.

"Sure there are!" I said in disbelief.

"Once," she started, talking in a softer voice. I leaned forward to hear her. She surprised me by giving me a quick kiss. "I stole a kiss from a friend of mine."

"Good try," I laughed. "Now answer the question or admit defeat. Why not tell me? No one is sitting near us." Daphne looked around to verify my statement.

"Fine," she finally said, sounding more nervous than angry. "Once, I accidentally walked in on you and Bette while you were occupied."

"Really?" I asked in surprise. She nodded, so I added, "And just how long did you stay and watch?"

"No cheating," Daphne grinned. "That's another question and it's my turn."

"I bet you stayed until we were done," I joked.

"I did," she replied. "It was only a couple of seconds anyway."

"Ouch!" I laughed. "How do I keep setting myself up for these things?" Daphne shrugged.

"Here's my question," she said, moving on. "What turns you on the most about women?"

"Other than the obvious?" I asked, taking a quick look at her breasts. She rolled her eyes.

"Just answer the question!"

"It's not as easy as you think," I sighed, becoming serious. "I'm attracted to different woman for different reasons."

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,325 Followers