Dark Angel Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Remi fell to his knees. "Annie, I'm sorry. I just wanted you to be happy. You needed someone and he seemed perfect for you. He was captivated by you, I swear. All we have to do is go get him. Bring him home to Alpha 7. I'll help heal his wings, Annie."

"Did you not hear what I said?" she said in a shrill hysterical voice. "I forced that reaper. He was trying to fight off the effects of the Liquid X, he said no as I crawled over him, begged me to stop as I sank onto him." A shudder ran through her, as she pulled in a gasping breath. "He hates me now."

"No, Annie. He's attracted to you—"

Annie slapped Remi hard.

Remi cupped his cheek, staring up at her with tear-filled eyes. She knew Remi felt no pain when slapped, only pleasure, but the red-haired weredragon showed nothing but pain in his eyes. Pain that grew with her next words.

"Don't ever link or speak to me again, Fyre. I wish I never had to see you again, but I've nowhere else to go."

Her heart broke a little bit more when Remi bit his lip and the first tears spilled down his face. "Annie, please," he whispered, his eyes begging.

She felt confused. Part of her wanted to just lay into him and beat him black and blue for being a meddlesome idiot, but his obvious emotional pain and repentance of what he'd done tore at her heartstrings.

She loved him to pieces, but he needed to learn a lesson. He needed to learn to stop trying to fix everybody else's problems, especially when that help did nothing but complicate things further—Remien Fyre style—total chaos.

Anniel teleported out of the med unit back into her quarters.

Devon followed her and gripped her arms.

"Calm down," he exclaimed giving her a little shake.

"I can't. Oh-God—did you see what they did to him?"

"Annie, listen to me," he insisted. "I promise you..." He pulled her up tight against himself until she had no choice but to flatten her palms on his chest. The golden insignia of the Alpha Angels felt cold under her right palm and she lifted her gaze from his black uniform to his glowing eyes. "I promise you," he said again, more softly this time, "I will do everything in my power to see that Ash is brought here." She bit her lip and blinked back her tears. "We'll care for him until he's strong enough to decide what he wants to do."

"He won't have anywhere to go," she whispered. Worry assailed her. He'd live aboard Alpha 7. He'd probably start going to brothels and bringing back whores...

"Annie," Devon said squeezing her arms a bit, "he's not like that."

Anniel frowned. "He's Seraphian born. He's beautiful..."

Devon scoffed. "Have you not looked in the mirror, woman?"

Anniel felt her face go hot and looked away, but he gripped her chin in one big hand and tipped her gaze back up to his. "You. Are. A. Goddess."

Anniel's face heated up some more. "Oh, stop that."

He shook his head, the satiny spill of his blue-black hair sliding over his broad shoulders as his eyes looked deep into hers. "I...I had the worst crush on you since I was a mere boy."

Her cheeks were on fire now. She knew he'd had a crush on her, but she'd always seen him as being way too beautiful for her, so she categorized him in the friend-almost-a-brother zone. When Garethiel had shown some interest in her, resisting Devon had become easier.

She'd had brief forays of sex with Devon, whenever he had violent break ups with his first nightmare of a girlfriend, but she kept him firmly in the don't-go-there zone. Allot of good it did, because it was precisely Garethiel who'd stomped all over her heart. So much for smart choices.

His thumb traced over her lips and she felt... she felt his emotions as if they were her own. He loved Angel, more than his own life. He also loved Anniel still, and would Angel be against letting him take her to their bed.

Anniel stepped away from him. "No. Don't jeopardize your relationship with your mate."

"Venushtians enjoy the touch of other women," he argued. "All three of us together would be beautiful."

He tried to kiss her, but Anniel shook her head. "Angel is Crystalian, and I distinctly remember her saying the reason she wanted to become a Venushtian priestess was to precisely avoid having to take a female lover." Anniel batted her lashes up at his pouting face. "She's like me, baby. We both enjoy males only. Females turn us off."

He sighed out in frustration. "It hurts me to feel you suffer, Anniel."

She moved away from him. "Yes, but taking me to bed with your mate isn't what I want. I want my own man. I know it sounds selfish, but that's how I feel. Angel probably feels the same way."

Her mind drifted back to the horror of Ashriel's situation and her eyes filled with tears at the torture he was going through...because of her.

"Don't blame yourself," Devon admonished softly.

Anniel wrapped her arms around her middle. Even though Remi had brought her the drink, she thought the reaper had sent it. "I should have known better than to accept a drink from a stranger."

Devon pursed his lips, cocking his head to the side. "You've known Remi a long time."

Anniel rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean, smarty-pants."

Devon moved to take her back into his arms. She laid her cheek against his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

"Ashriel could have resisted you. He's the strongest reaper alive right now. Reaper kind is suffering a great loss at this moment."

"I think their rules on chastity are a bit rough, old-fashioned, and stupid if you ask me. It seems so unfair that they punish him for something he could barely control."

"Maybe in time things might change, but for now, we need to find a way to get him here."

Anniel sniffled, wiping a tear from her cheek. She knew they weren't allowed on Seraphian soil without permission from one of the high priests.

Did they know? Did they know that it was once again one of the Alpha Angels who'd defiled their most precious and holy high priest?

***

Strange images and sensations filled his dreams—moments of when he lost his virginity, the intense pleasure of being imbedded within Anniel's glorious body, reliving the moment he was made to stand before the white-winged citizens of Seraphia and declared fallen, and the horror of being deplumed. He floated in a dark realm other times, hearing voices talking softly around him. Other times he could vaguely catch Anniel's scent near him, feel her fingers touch his face and hair.

It couldn't be real, any of it. He had no idea how much time had dragged by, but finally Ashriel opened his eyes...to see a face he hadn't seen in half a siglon.

"Welcome back, sleeping beauty."

It took everything he had not to snarl at Natanael's happy face. His Mohawk was an outrageous shade of crimson that only served to remind Ashriel of a certain weredragon with blood-red hair.

Slowly, Ashriel rose from the bed. His hair was too long. He usually kept it a few inches below his shoulders. It came down to his waist now. He clenched his teeth in anger.

There were more reapers in the room—all fallen.

Ignoring the questioning looks, he walked out of the room he was in.

Alpha 7's corridors were as he remembered--soft pearly grey walls, glossy black floors, simulated sunshine, and round doors leading to various rooms.

Ashriel ignored it all, his eyes riveted to the Alpha Angel approaching him.

Remien Fyre's grin was wide enough to be insulting. "Holy shit. You're finally up. I'm so glad, Ash. Let me be the first to welcome you aboard Alpha 7."

The insipid weredragon raised his hand in greeting.

Ashriel raised his hand to wrap his fingers around the idiot's throat.

Being an even seven feet tall gave Ashriel an advantage over the six-foot-three Alpha Angel. He effortlessly held him several inches off the floor against the wall. Ashriel spread his wings out and went nose to nose with Remien Fyre. He wanted to watch the bastard's pretty green eyes bulge as he choked the life out of him.

"Remi," a high-pitched feminine voice screeched. "Let him go, you big bastard."

A tiny, very pregnant girl pummeled Ashriel's back, and though he really wanted to strangle the living shit out of Remien Fyre, he couldn't stand to hear a female weeping hysterically while he killed the father of her unborn babes...even if they were vampiric weredragon spawn.

Ashriel let Remi drop like a sack of feces to the floor.

Rowie crawled over her mate, brushing his locks from his face as he coughed and tried to breathe.

Ashriel had to admit, the weredragon's face was a very nice shade of purple, although it did clash with his crazy red hair. No one should have hair that color. It was absolutely scandalous, sinful.

"God, what did you do?" another feminine voice demanded behind him.

Ashriel stiffened. Oh, no. He wasn't prepared to face her yet. Perhaps if he just kept his back to her, ignored her, she'd go away.

Anniel stepped around him. She was tall for an Edenian female, though she still came up to his nose. She stepped into him, her face angry. He felt her breasts press against his chest, tormenting him with the memories of what they had felt like in his hands, their taste in his mouth. God help him. He clenched his fists, fighting his weakness.

"How dare you hurt Remi. Why don't you pick—"

Ashriel had her in his arms, pinned against the wall before he knew what he was doing. He hungered for the taste and feel of her again. His mouth was on hers, his tongue exploring the sweet flavor of her lips and mouth. Her fingers sank into his hair, but instead of tugging him away, she pulled him closer.

He ground his erection against her and she arched rubbing against him.

He was weak of flesh, unworthy, lustful. At last, he'd succumbed to his baser nature. Shame chased away desire and he stepped away from her, still shaking from lust, burning like a fevered disease within his body.

"I'm... I'm fallen," he whispered in self-disgust, closing his eyes.

The stinging slap to his face had him opening them in shock.

Anniel looked up at him, her eyes full of hurt and anger.

"You bastard," she choked back a sob. "How dare you take me up against that wall and then..."

She turned away, putting her fist against her lips. Diamond tears wet her chocolate skin. He remembered what licking every inch of that glorious brown skin tasted like, his flesh so pale against hers. How she'd thrashed against him as he fucked her hard and without restraint while she tugged his dark hair for something to hold onto.

Unable to help himself, he reached for her again.

"No," she snapped, slapping at his hands. Her golden eyes flashed angrily. "Don't. Don't you ever try to touch me again."

Ashriel closed his fist, his heart breaking as he watched the female he'd always wanted since he was only ninety sun-orbits-old walk away.

If Anniel ever found out Ashriel was Garethiel's twin brother... she'd hate him even more.

He closed his eyes, his mind a reeling. "I must leave here."

"Hey, come on, man. Don't be an ass."

Ashriel snapped his eyes open and glared at Remien, who'd already recovered. The fool dared stand before him, blocking his path. Ashriel's hands itched to tear him limb from limb, but he restrained himself for Rowie's sake, and because he was sure Anniel would hate him even more if he killed the annoying red weredragon. "Get out of my way," Ashriel snarled.

Once the stupid weredragon moved to the side, Ashriel strode forward. He stomped back to the room he awakened in and stopped cold in his tracks when he encountered the scene before him.

Three reapers occupied the bed now, two males and a female, all three naked. One of the males lay on his back licking between the female reaper's legs. The other reaper supported his weight with his hands and feet, his knees bent, thighs spread wide while he raised and lowered his ass upon the prostrated reapers stiff cock. His own cock pointed straight up and the female sucked him down eagerly. Moans and sighs of pleasure filled Ashriel's ears and he felt himself getting harder than he already was after feeling Anniel in his arms again.

"Fucking hot, eh, Ash?" Natanael chuckled from the far corner. He sat slouched down in a chair, his pants open, and his hand stroking his erection as he watched the threesome.

"W-w—" Ashriel swallowed hard, and tried to speak again. "What the hell are you all doing?"

Natanael pursed his lips, his silver eyes molten. "Enjoying our freedom."

Ashriel's eyes snapped back to the threesome. The girl's moans were becoming louder, until the male she was sucking off gripped her head, slamming her all the way down as he obviously erupted down her throat with a shout of completion. The other reaper eating the female out groaned harshly too, obviously finding his own release.

Ashriel backed away, horrified. He'd never experienced sex until Anniel, much less seen others engaged in the act—at least not since the days when he'd spy on Davariel and his followers. The way his cock throbbed disgusted Ashriel, but he couldn't tear his eyes away. Still, he continued to backtrack out of the room.

"Where are you going, Ash?" Natanael chuckled, his bright grey eyes smoldering. "Don't be such a prude, man. We're not fucking holy warriors anymore."

"Hey, I fuck holy warriors every day," one of the reapers in the bed objected with a laugh, before being silence by the female when she sat back down on his face with a smirk.

Ashriel wanted to run, but his hasty backwards retreat was halted by a solid body behind him. He spun with a sneer, ready to strike if anyone tried to grope him.

Devon's glowing electric blue eyes stared into his.

His face. It was Davariel's face. Everything except for the size of his irises was identical. Oh, yes, and the color of his skin and hair, for Devon's flesh was inhumanly white and his hair demonically black.

Dava had been gloriously blond, his skin sun-kissed bronze...beautifully angelic...tragically evil.

A ghostly memory of the angel of destruction formed in his mind, down on hands and knees in a pool of his own blood, vomit on his chin, reaching out to Ashriel, begging for the life of the woman he loved and his unborn. Davariel's demon wings had been hacked off and were still twitching on the ash and ice covered ground of Megdoluc. He had abandoned Davariel there...to his death. Only he hadn't perished. He'd been saved by his lover, a couple of weredragons, weretigris, fallen reapers...

Ashriel's mouth dropped open. "You're recreating your father's commune...but on a much larger scale."

Devon's face remained emotionless. He blinked. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

His voice. It didn't have that seductive pull that Dava's had. Still, the deep masculine timbre was soft and dark...alluring.

More memories filled his mind. He used to look in on Davariel and his followers, spying on them through portals Ashriel opened in reflective surfaces. He remembered seeing an orgy between all of them while Davariel siphoned their energy. He was like an incubus, but luckily, for his followers, he was only half. A cambion. Otherwise, they never would have survived a fully-fledged tantric vampire for so long.

He remembered the faces of the dragons, the gold and red one. The image of the dark vampire, Drakken...

"They're the offspring. How the hell did you manage to find their offspring?"

Devon remained mute, just staring into Ashriel's eyes. More memories flooded his mind and he suddenly realized Devon was rifling through his thoughts.

Ashriel's palm caught Davariel's black-haired demon son by surprise. The slap sounded loud in the corridor and had reapers pouring out of every doorway to gape at them.

Boots sounded running behind Ashriel along with vicious growling.

Devon's hand covered his stinging cheek, his glossy black hair almost covering his face. The expression of hurt, tearful eyes and pouty mouth was identical to his father's.

Devon's luminous eyes looked past Ashriel, and he could feel the boil of energy rush over him.

"Remi, no," Devon sighed.

Ashriel looked over his shoulder to see the red-haired weredragon suspended in the air, his dragon's wings flapping through holes ripped in his black uniform shirt. Remi's hands were still trying to reach out to Ashriel as snarls tore from his fanged mouth.

The air around Ashriel distorted. He couldn't contain his fury any longer. The reality he'd awakened to was darker than he'd ever anticipated. The rumors of how the Alpha Angels lived were true and Ashriel did not want to live a life moral iniquity.

"Remi," Devon snapped. The red weredragon ceased his threatening snarling, but kept his teeth bared for a few seconds longer.

Remien finally snorted, his wings pulling into his back. "Fine. I give. Just put me down already, Dev."

Slowly, Remien's body floated back down until his booted feet touched the corridor floor. Rowie, his mate, touched his arm and whispered soothing words to him.

Ashriel turned back to Devon with a scowl. He could still see every molecule swirling in the space between them, letting him know his eyes were still solid black. Ashriel kept his killing power tightly wound within himself. He had no reason to kill Devon...yet.

"I'm sorry," Devon said surprising him. "I saw a vision of my father in your thoughts and... couldn't resist."

"I want to leave," Ashriel growled, storming past him.

Devon and Remien flanked either side of Ashriel. "But where will you go?" Devon asked.

Ashriel thought. There were a myriad of things he wanted to investigate. Now that he was free, he could do more."

"Edenian solar system," he finally answered tersely.

Devon swerved in front of him, blocking his way. "They'll kill you on sight," he exclaimed, eyes wide.

Ashriel frowned as Remien began to chuckle next to them. Ashriel sent him a killing glare that only made the insufferable weredragon snicker a little more. His very pregnant mate elbowed him with a frown. "Sorry," he coughed under his breath.

"Why would they kill me on sight?" Ashriel grated between clenched teeth settling his seething stare back on Devon.

"Because the entire galaxy knows you're one of us now."

Ashriel's eyebrows almost disappeared into his hairline. "I'm one of you? Explain that one."

Devon smiled, but then pouted at Ashriel's scowl. "You've been here four months...um—moon—"

"I know what it means," Ashriel snapped.

"Geez, he's more of an asshole than Seth," Remien scoffed shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Fuck you, Fyre," the weretigri hissed appearing out of thin air next to them.

The lighting made Seth's white hair appear ethereal. Pale blue eyes locked with Ashriel's—the eyes of a predator. The vision of an enormous black striped white tiger formed in Ashriel's mind.

"Why do you want to go to the Edenian solar system?" Devon asked drawing his attention again.

"I need to know what the hell happened three hundred siglons ago."

Devon's eyes narrowed. "The war?"

"So now you believe we had nothing to do with it?" Remien scoffed.

Ashriel pondered that a moment. "I think you're all guilty one way or another."

Remien scowled at him. "Hell. I'm starting to regret picking you for Annie."

Ashriel reacted without thought. He gripped Remien around his throat again and slammed him against the wall. The weredragon's fist connected with his face making him see spots, but Ashriel was so enraged it didn't stop him from returning the blow. Punches flew fast. Bodies launched themselves into the fray until Ashriel found himself restrained by Zachariel, Natanael, Abdiel, and some other reaper whose name eluded him.

Devon, Seth, and three other reapers held a grinning Remien. Blood dripped from his nose and mouth and still he grinned. Ashriel tensed with rage.

"Easy, big guy," Zak's deep voice warned.