Dark Angel Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Anniel gave a squeak of surprise when they suddenly plunged into a funnel yawning deep into a black frozen ocean. The tunnels were dark with only a few holes revealing lakes of fire beyond. They emerged within a large chamber and the sight of a blonde man with tattered red wings made Anniel gasp.

He sat with his back to them, his once beautiful hair hung limp and dull to his waist. Cuts and Bruises marred his skin and in his hand, he held a gleaming sword.

"Lucien," Devon called almost in a whisper.

Lucien turned with a hiss. His eyes glowed brightly and his gaunt face was a mask of evil.

"Look, Luke. It's Anniel. Remember her?"

Lucien's animalistic growling stopped. He blinked those terrifying eyes at Anniel and his expression changed.

"Annie?"

Black blood began streaming from where his wings stuck out of his ravaged back. He turned unsteadily and Anniel's heart twisted when she saw how he almost fell.

"Baby, what...?"

Devon squeezed her arm, drawing her attention to him. "Call him to you, Annie. He won't come near me. I've tried to get him out of there, but he won't come through for me."

Lucien began growling again, but Devon moved aside and gestured for her to call his attention again.

"Luke? Baby, it's me."

Again, he stopped growling and focused on her. He seemed unsure.

"Come to me, sweet heart. Come here," she coaxed, her arms open.

He took a step forward, but then flinched away, shaking his head frantically. "No, They won't let me. They'll follow me through and kill everyone. Close this portal, Annie. Do it now."

"Baby, everything's going to be fine—"

His face changed, became more demonic, as he raised the sword. "No, it isn't. Fucking close the portal or die," he screamed in a horribly deep voice.

Anniel clapped her hands over her mouth to keep from screaming when he opened his wings and disappeared from sight followed by hundreds of screeching devils. A few dropped near the portal and began to approach, hissing and growling.

Devon stepped before the portal, divine sword drawn. The creatures began to wail, the sound hurting Anniel's ears. She slammed her hands over them, but the sound continued to feel like red-hot knives stabbing her eardrums.

Anniel fell to her knees screaming and continued to scream until Devon shook her.

"It's okay now. I closed the portal. They're gone. Are you alright?"

She stared into his bioluminescent blue eyes trembling. "Oh-my-god, Devon. What the hell was that?"

Devon stared deep into her eyes. "It's the anteroom to Hell. A realm that exists between ours and the realm of darkness."

"Were those things chasing him? Oh-god, They're going to hurt him more. Did you see how hurt he was? He's nothing but skin and bones, Devon. He's probably dying."

"I've been trying to lure him out, but he refuses to drop that fucking demon sword. As long as he holds onto the cursed blade it'll keep its dark hold over him." Devon caressed her cheek. "I thought that since he'd had feelings for you long ago, his love for you would dilute the effects of the toxins running through him."

"Toxins?"

"The wings he has attached to his back. They have glands that secrete toxins and change his natural body chemistry, pretty much turning him into a demon. He's fighting it though, as you saw."

The memory of how battered his body looked made her shiver. "They're hurting him regardless. Why? Why is he all full of cuts and bruises and bite marks?"

Devon shook his head. "It's in their nature to do that to each other."

Anniel felt desperate. "Well, can't we just go in and grab him?"

Devon shook his head sadly. "Not with Rowie and Alluna about to give birth. The demons like to play tricks on the mind. They'll fuck around with the guys where it hurts most." He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "And if they get a hold of me again...I just can't risk it with Jazriel still so small."

"We can't just leave him there, Devon," she choked back a sob.

"Ashriel might eventually find him. If we could convince him to spare his life and bring him over, we can post reaper guards to watch over him while all the toxins are released from his body and he turns back into himself...whatever the hell that might be."

Anniel frowned, remembering that it was Lucien who'd plotted against them. They'd ended up trapped within suspended animation orbs and three hundred years had gone by. She'd lost everything, including her five-year-old baby boy, Gareth.

"Ashriel vowed to kill him. No mercy, Devon. I believe he won't show any."

Devon looked deep into her eyes. "He's in love with you, Annie. He'd do anything for you." Devon knelt and stared at her flat belly. "It's almost time, Annie."

Anniel jerked away from him. "Don't start with that pregnancy thing again."

Devon reached out, placing his palm over her stomach. "You're going into heat."

Anniel stumbled away from him. "No." She shook her head frantically. "Put me to sleep until it's over. Talk to Quinn. Maybe there's something he can give me to keep it away."

"Anniel, there's a soul circling you and Ashriel, waiting to come into this realm. Don't deny it its right to live."

She continued to stagger away. Could it be the reincarnation of little Gareth?

"My baby?" she whispered.

"Yours and Ashriel's. A new beginning, Annie. A better one with a better father. Ashriel is honorable and good."

Anniel looked at Devon. Why did it feel as if he were pushing for her to...ensnare Ashriel.

He looked at her with hurt in his eyes. "Really, Anniel? You're going to distrust me after all these years?"

Anniel turned away. "I don't...This is too much for me right now."

Devon put his hand on her shoulder and kissed her cheek. "Just let nature take its course. That's all. You'll grow to love him as much as he loves you."

Anniel spun to face Devon. "He's just infatuated. I'm his first lay, that's all."

Devon shook his head. "He's had feelings for you for a very long time."

"Well, maybe I'd feel safer if he'd had more experience and knew what he wanted and not have to worry he'll grow bored and start looking..."

"Anniel, he's not Garethiel."

Annie scowled. "No. He's his twin."