Dark Arrow Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Moving in front of Ren she grabbed the rope and climbed up to the cave. They didn't have much to pack.

She moved almost on autopilot and before she realized it everything but the meat was packed. As she was contemplating how best to put it in the bags without damaging the meat Ren appeared behind her and produced two hermetically sealed bags. Handing them to her he shouldered his bags and quickly moved to the mouth of the cave and dropped over the edge.

She sighed as she bagged the meat. At some point the silence had to end, she told herself. Sooner or later Ren would have to reveal what he was hiding, and she'd be ready to back him up in whatever way he needed.

Whatever he thought he was sheltering her from they'd face it together when the time finally came. Until then she was going to do her best not to think about it and just enjoy being with him.

Finishing packing she hauled her equipment to the mouth of the cave and attached it to the rope. Letting it to the ground she detached the rope and dropped it as well. Taking a last look around she sat on the edge and slowly lowered herself over the edge. Her feet found purchase and for a few moments she lost herself in the exhilaration and exertion of free climbing. All too soon her feet touched the ground and she glanced back up at the cave for a moment.

Then turning she shouldered her bag and lead the way across the meadow towards the creek. Ren followed in her wake moving with her silently, and that in and of itself almost bothered her more than anything.

They fit so well together. Ren could copy her movements through the trees to such a degree she'd have sworn he grew up hunting deer like her rather than learning to hunt people. She was learning how to turn off her emotions and do what she had to do to survive.

Ren on the other hand seemed almost to be learning to live again. In the time they'd spent together so far she'd noticed a subtle but important change in him. He'd seemed to be world weary when they first were thrust together.

He'd fought to live but almost seemed to act and feel that living wasn't really that great of a thing. Like any person or animal he'd fought to keep death at bay but it had seemed more like it was to deny whoever was hunting him the pleasure of victory rather than any real desire to continue in his existence. He'd been a man without a reason to live but whose purpose and drive wouldn't let him die yet either.

There had been an undercurrent of bitterness with him that if she thought about it she'd suspect meant he wouldn't have been all that unhappy to stop fighting whenever he felt he'd accomplished his objective whatever that had been.

Since he'd started training her though she'd felt a difference in him. He'd wanted to live, not just felt that he had to. He'd started to truly enjoy life again and from the way the tensions melted out of him these last few days she'd hazard a guess that it was the first time in a very long time where he'd truly enjoyed where he was and what he was doing.

She smiled a bit to herself as she thought that he'd have to be a very unusual man not to enjoy quite a bit of what they'd been doing. Then the smile drifted away as she continued pondering his mood.

Something had changed from last night to this morning. He'd made some form of decision or something that had him retreating back into his resigned attitude. It wasn't overt and she couldn't prove anything other than what her gut was telling her, but she knew. Something had shifted and Ren was back in bare survival mode. Do what had to be done regardless of the situation and get on with it. Something big was coming and fast, but for whatever reason he wasn't telling her about it.

She sighed lightly to herself. She'd deduced that a hundred times so far this morning, but that didn't get her any closer to figuring out what it was. In the matter of half an hour they had crossed the meadow. Moving at a rapid clip she moved through the creek. The sooner they got to the cabin the sooner this would come to a head and she could deal with it. Although the thought that it might come to a head in town was sobering.

She'd always tried to avoid any civilian casualties other than her targets. Had she been forced to she could have killed a military member or police officer to get away. In her head at least she could rationalize that they knew the risks of their job and that it was her or them. Killing someone at random or letting them get killed because they were in the crossfire wasn't something she'd ever been able to stomach.

As she thought that through the voice in her head took on a slightly mocking tone, reminding her of just what she'd done to Ren and what she'd discovered she was capable of. If it came down too it she could kill and not feel anything, and while she understood the necessity of that kind of coldhearted destruction at times the fact that she was capable of such things bothered her a bit.

It gave her pause to wonder if the distance she was feeling was not partially from her as she adjusted to this side of herself. It was certainly a shock and she was definitely still adjusting to it, but she couldn't shake the bone deep belief that Ren was also hiding something and shutting her out.

For the first time since their fight she was glad Ren had pushed her until she'd lost control. She knew what it felt like now, that cold dark side of herself where killing and inflicting pain no longer bothered her. She could reach that place again if she needed to, and if the shit hit the proverbial fan in town she had no doubt she'd destroy anything and everything in the way. It was both troubling to her soul and oddly comforting to think that she could calmly wade through the entire town now if need be. Things that would have stayed her hand and probably gotten her caught or killed before wouldn't be an issue now.

A small corner of her wept that the situation had forced her to develop the callousness needed to kill in the first place let alone learn to want to cause pain and death. Yet at the same time she felt that now she might actually have a chance of getting out of the criminal life she'd fallen into. Sometimes one had to go farther into the dark before you could get to the light. Her skills had improved, of that she had no doubt. Even if she had to expend every bit of funds she had until the heat died down she was in position to earn a ridiculous amount with future contracts, and she wouldn't be surprised if she had several people waiting for her to resurface to give her a contract.

She let her mind wonder over the various targets she knew people would want taken out. Most of the moguls like Bicormish had enemies. The upper class always had its dark side. People who wouldn't be missed and others who wanted people gone. Knowing that there was someone confident enough to bring down a mark while the police were mere feet away, and who was skilled enough to escape after having done that would bring a lot of customers out of the shadows.

There was just one problem. Ren had seemed sure that what had happened had something to do with him. At the time she'd thought it was just Ren talking himself up but as he'd revealed more and more about who he was she'd started to think maybe he'd been right. Ren certainly was a much higher value target. If someone was going to manipulate both of them into going against each other.

Still despite how everything fit nicely into place with Ren being the reason for the whole set up she couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more going on.

Her mind drifted back and forth over everything that had happened to her since taking the contract on Bicormish. She'd covered this ground so many times that she moved through the river and forest on autopilot. She didn't set a grueling pace, but it wasn't an easy clip either. They still had probably 4 hours of daylight left as she saw the cabin through the trees.

Pushing through to the cabin she set down her bag and started unpacking the meat. She was aware of Ren's presence but ignored him until he came up behind her and reached into her bag. She paused to look at him as he retrieved the bag with the lynx skin. He saw her glance at him and smiled. She smiled back, but for the first time since she'd been with him it felt a bit forced.

She finished unpacking and then stripped out of her clothes and headed out to bathe hoping that she would feel less disconcerted when she was done. It didn't fully work but she was feeling more at peace. Finally she drug herself from the water and headed back to the cabin. At first she caught a whiff of smoke and paused as she inhaled deeply and smelled the fish they had caught that morning. Smiling she walked back to the cabin toweling off as she headed to find Ren.

She felt a weight fall from her shoulders as she saw him tending a fire with their day's catch on skewers across the merely crackling flames. Ren sat perched on a log sat against one of the trees that grew close to the cabin. As much as her mind screamed at her that something was wrong, and that she needed to be on her guard something about Ren just disarmed her. Whatever it was she could sense coming it could wait until later.

Tonight she was going to let go of the worry that had hounded her since they made their run for freedom and just enjoy herself in the moment.

Walking up to Ren she threw her arms around his neck and drew him into a sultry kiss. Ren was startled for a second but quickly recovered and deepened the kiss. She moaned into his mouth as his arms came up and wrapped around her. He shifted her to sit on his lap and broke the kiss finally as he leaned back against the tree and wrapped his arm further around her in a possessive move that warmed her in all the right places.

She sighed and relaxed against him, content for a moment just to watch the fire and snuggle into his chest as the sound of his heartbeat fell softly on one ear while the crackling of the fire played in the other.

He could do the lone ranger routine if need be, and so could she if it was required. As she sat there though she realized she didn't want to anymore. There had been a time when she wanted nothing more than to become one of the best assassins on Terra and eventually to earn her place on a colony mission.

She knew that being a colonist she would be expected to have children so she'd known she would have to have sex at some point.

However given the drugs they sent with the colonists to ensure conception she was relatively confident she'd only need to do it once. Twice maybe if she decided to have a second child. She had no intention of settling in to a relationship with someone. She'd raise her children and carve out a new life where they could be whatever they wanted to be and earn their own way.

It was a chance to give her offspring everything she'd ever wanted. The simple opportunity to choose their own path and to be recognized for their efforts and actions alone. Family names wouldn't matter. Birth order, and the condition and station you were born into wouldn't be a thing. If she lived long enough, and lord knew that with the new drugs and treatments they had it was certainly a possibility she'd bring them back to visit Terra someday. Show them exactly what she'd escaped from, and what they must constantly strive to keep from happening in the new world.

After her experiences up to meeting Ren she was quite content never to engage in sex again. She wondered though as she sat there if that would have stayed true once she forced herself to have sex again or if it had to be Ren to wake up those long dormant feelings and desires. She suspected it had to be Ren, though she wasn't sure why. Something in him called to her and she called back. Unfortunately for Ren that meant that several years of buried needs and a highly passionate nature to begin with combined to give her an almost insatiable desire.

True he'd fucked her into unconsciousness before and the pleasure was enough she had wondered if one could die from overload. She doubted that such a thing was possible, but it was a risk she was more than willing to take. She was weary on a soul deep level, and the events of the day were crowding in now. She needed out of her head. Needed Ren to take her and make her feel so she stopped thinking and worrying. Wipe the doubt from her mind and rock her world in that soul deep way she was convinced only he could manage.

"I have to take the fish off the fire or they'll burn," he murmured softly in her ear. She nodded. Hating it when he let go of her and shifted her off his lap. With that intimate connection broken every doubt and what if came rushing back over her. She stood there fidgeting as he took the skewers off the fire and into the cabin. She was naked save for the towel she'd been using to dry herself, but the fire was enough to keep her warm.

As the seconds ticked by though the various fears and concerned pressed on her to the point she started pacing.

Where was Ren, and what was taking him so long! Hell with it, she decided turning towards the cabin and practically trotting towards it. He wasn't back yet and he'd better be done with the fish when she got there because, damned everything else, she needed him, right the hell now.

Ren came out the door of the cabin just as she reached the far side of the firelight. She paused. Wondering what she must look like, hair still damp enough it must be glistening, framed from behind by the flickering light, and naked as the day she was born.

She didn't have to wonder long as Ren swept her form with his gaze and she could see his hardness through his pants. She felt a surge of juices and fought the urge to squeeze her thighs together and she felt herself start to drip. Wet wasn't an adequate description, she was soaked and getting worse by the second. If he didn't move soon she was going to jump on him and tear those clothes off of him, but then he did move.

Hands dropping to his belt and pants as he advanced with purposeful strides. She swallowed the sudden lump in her throat as she saw a matching hunger flare in his eyes. His pants fell and were kicked aside, but he barely broke stride. His shirt followed swiftly, breaking their eye contact for a moment as he whisked it over his head.

She licked her lips as he advanced quickly towards her. She saw the fire and knew his passion answered hers. Whatever the issues and secrets were that bothered her, he had felt the mood as well and was just as eager to assure himself that she was his as she was to assure herself he was hers.

She sucked in a breath as Ren stepped to her but quickly breathed it out in a gasp as he swept her up into his arms. Lifting her from the ground and planting a kiss on her lips with such ease and force that her head swam and she moaned into his mouth. This wasn't what she'd expected.

Ren could be passionate and wild, but he was always in control. He'd given her soft, but even when it was soft and loving it had been Ren in control. This however wasn't Ren in control. He wasn't directing this with the cool confidence she'd come to know and love. This was a mutual hunger so strong that neither one could help their actions.

This though was a hunger that burned out of control. He was taking her yes, but she was taking him just as much. Her legs laced around him and she snaked a hand between them to grip his rigid shaft while the other held his head and pressed the kiss deeper. With a moan she dug her heels into his thighs, gaining enough leverage to drive him deep within her as she lined him up and sank to the hilt.

They both threw their heads back, his deep rumbling shout echoed by her scream of pleasure. He claimed her then, nothing else could adequately describe the sensation as he thrust into her over and over again. She snarled and sank her teeth into his neck and shoulders repeatedly. Thrusting her hips hard against him as he plowed into her again and again. Taking him as he took her. Marking him as hers. She felt her first orgasm rising quick and sharp. Blocking out thought for a second as it roared through her and she bit down on his shoulder with a snarl that was part joy, part claim, and part savage pleasure.

He groaned as she latched onto him and he felt her pussy spasm around him. Finally as it started her peak started to fade he grabbed her loose hair as it bounced wildly. Fisting a section of it and getting a firm grip as he pulled her back from his shoulders. He moaned as he saw the look on her face. Equal parts pleasure, possession, and fear. He strove to drive that fear from her eyes as he plowed into her relentlessly. Bringing his mouth to hers and clamming her lips with a brutal crushing kiss. She moaned into him and shivered seconds later as she peaked again. Her eyes rolling back a bit as she shuddered and shook.

He cried out into her mouth as he came, painting the walls of her pussy with his offering. Slowly he eased them to the ground. Feeling the strain from holding her and balancing their combined weight and centers of gravity. Strangely he didn't go very soft. The buildup of tension all day and the release had taken the edge off, but he found he was still mostly ready to go. She moaned and stirred beneath him, thrusting her hips to drive his softening prick through her folds as best she could.

With a groan he rolled over taking her with him and palming her hips.

"Ride me," He whispered hotly to her as he sank back into the grass. His hands gripped and kneaded her ass cheeks as she nodded her assent and started rolling her hips. His eyes rolled back and his hips thrust up as she found a rocking and twisting motion that stirred the head of his sensitive dick inside her tight heat. She moaned and shivered as he retaliated by bringing a hand off her ass and strumming her clit as she rode him.

Her hands planted firmly on his chest, eyes locked with his as her fingers curled in reflexively as the waves of pleasure rocked them both. With as gasp and a shudder she collapsed on his chest as she came again. Softer and not as long as the first two, but deeper emotionally as she heaved and shuddered against him. Her fingers curled tighter gripping his chest as she shoved herself back up. A new fire blazing in her eyes.

A determination to rock his world as he'd just rocked hers. Hips thrusting she squeezed her muscles against him on each stroke. He groaned feeling himself return to full rigidity and thrusting up into her as she gyrated on him. Each stroke a fight to see which one of them would go first, but he wasn't about to lose this contest. Swapping hands he strummed her clit expertly seeing her shiver and quake with each flick of his fingers as she rode him hard.

His other hand now wet with her juices slipped from between them and reaching back he centered a finger on her rose bud watching her eyes go wide as she felt the contact.

She was mid thrust as he touched her. Timing his action so that he thrust his finger to the hilt in her ass as he bottomed out in her spasming snatch. Her eyes rolled up and a stuttering moan left her as her arms gave way and she collapsed against him again.

Stroking her clit and reaming her with first one and then a second finger as she twitched and shivered on top of him, he thrust his hips up into her as much as he could.

She came spectacularly. Jerking and moaning as she seemed for a second to lose consciousness. Her orgasm went on for what seemed like several minutes before she simply went limp. He stilled and held her as quivers wracked her body and her breathing softened and finally became regular again. Gently he withdrew his fingers from her ass and from her clit and wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight as he basked in the nearness and connection with her.